1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17/06/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

LOL!
    I had the false sensation from stage perf and media appereances. I was aware her increase was for the doc but anyway she did great during this year so..
    But the whole 48 fanbase seems not to grow, and votes and preferences are just moving from inside the fanbase.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I'd say it's doable if management had the balls of using them properly.

For real, the results for Komiharu, Sayaya and Kojimako are such that they just need to airdrop them as centers or something.

This election feels so bittersweet.

@ET920 really, your trolling is getting annoying and it'll get you booted.

3. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Riripon is my queen! she is so smart but tbh i dont think mangmnt will let her be in NMB/48G now that shell get married.

4. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

And Sasshi 3-peted, with a 100,000 vote lead over Mayu.

5. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Madoka tho from Future Girls to Undergirls

6. Shiroi_Akuma

Shiroi_Akuma Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Can we just say this is the weirdest SSK we have had ever? So many girls I didn't even see ranking had very high positions (and I'm glad for them).

Also, I want to say that Yagura Fuuko has to be the unluckiest girl in 48G. She didn't apply for SSK because in Okinawa it's always sunny and it's bad for her skin and then there's rain in Okinawa duirng the whole week SSK is hold. Poor Fuuchan, I wonder where she would have ranked now!!

7. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Mid UG probably

8. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
  9. ET920

ET920 Member

Thanks for the advice, I'll try not to slam the door on my way out :awesome:

I was somewhat disappointed, Sasshi wotas promised 300k votes after the NHK senkyo, and I really thought they would reach it. Mayuyu lost most if not all her votes from China, groups that used to support her supported Yuiyui instead, so her 100k lead was due a bad opponent performance rather than a better personal performance. True, she got the highest amount of votes ever, but it was just 1000 or so votes more than last time.

Who better than her to center "Shiawase wo wakenasai" now :awesome:

What's interesting about Riripon is that she could have announced graduation directly, but instead went with the "truth". Maybe they told her she couldn't announce graduation because another member was already going to do so? Some of the staff knew she was going to do it. I wonder if she really wanted to get married or if she went that route because she was going to be exposed and instead of being labelled (you know how), she decided to push forward and talk about marriage to show she was different from the other girls dating guys for fun. The circumstances are also odd (with her mother ill, she could have been more vulnerable), so I'm afraid she might not have had the mental care (by staff) she might have needed due her extreme circumstances.

Obviously the "old" generations (you know, the ones who should no longer be relevant to the group because they already graduated :awesome: ) didn't like this because they worked hard building the tradermark, but they know better than anyone that 48G isn't your typical idol group. Scandals can become opportunities. I wonder if they'd broadcast her marriage, if members will attend the ceremony, or if they'll keep her as a member until the marriage, but without official activities...

Keicchi, Yamada and Shu's sisters failed to transfer their votes to their sisters. Tomu was the only one who managed to do it.

10. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    AKB ranked the most members this year. But only (4) in senbatsu. I'm sure people are wondering why.

AKB who had 9 members in senbatsu last year.

1. Graduations
    Kojiharu, and Paruru gone

2. Dropped out
    Yukirin, Tomu

3. Mion fell to UG : I'm sure we were all very surprised. I thought she would lose votes but not enough to kick her out of senbatsu.

4. Members who were supposed to take their places.
    - Mako, that scandal affected her after all.
    - Saaya, her fan base seem to be quite small despite her preliminary rank.
    - Komiharu : I actually thought she stood a chance.
    - Kato Rena: She increased her rank by 4, so I'm sure with just a little bit more push. She can make senbatsu next year.

11. rikasa

rikasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    So, I had a lot of thoughts, so there are two larger rants, one about the general trends and my speculations on the future, etc. The other's just my responses to watching this year.

While I was watching, I was keeping track of vote counts. Here's a few things I noticed:
    1. The vote counts on the lower end are higher than ever. Hana-chan would have come in 68th with her vote count last year, Ryoha maintained position but gained 3K votes.
    2. But, this starts to plateau around the top of Next Girls - in fact, Seina would have placed in 34th with her vote count last year, instead of 32nd. Which leads us to:
    3. That the threshold for Senbatsu (Akarin with 35,540) was lower this year than last year (Kojiharu with 40,071), and the year before (Tomu with 44,637) and the year before that (Kawaei 39,120) and the year before THAT (Dasu with 43,252). This is the lowest senbatsu vote threshold since 2012.
    4. Kami-7 is deflating in vote value too. Yuihan would have come in 11th in 2013, and etcetera. Yet, we see huge leaps in the members at this point - the gap between 7th and 6th is 5k, 6th and 5th is 10k, and so on and so forth. Until we get to Sasshi with a difference of 100K over Mayuyu.
    5. We know this is the most votes ever cast, so they must be more spread out than they were in previous years.

I sat around wondering kind of what's happening, and I don't think I'm coming to a clear answer, but they're observations. But, my interpretation is that instead of banding behind the giants of the group, fans are way more spread out and divided as to who to support, aka who those giants should be. It isn't so much like the Sasshi/Mayu rivalry or the Jurina/Sakura rivalry because all those girls are kind of being pushed as the singular* center girl. Then you have the newer generation girls like Miion/Mako/Naachan/Juri/Renacchi/Annin/whoever you wnat to add to the list who are all being pushed simultaneously, sure to different degrees, but it isn't like if Miion succeeds, Naachan gets pushed back, or anything like that really. We're starting within the last year or so to get some of that differentiation** (TwI, Coin Toss, Football show, all these different things), but imo it's not as stark as it has been in the past with other girls.

*I'm not ignoring Haruppi, but saying like Sakura is being pushed as Sakura, not as like "next gen vanguard"
    **I'm not saying it's the GIRLS who are all the same. Especially those who are making it really far, like Naachan & Juri - they're differentiating themselves and starting to become closer to being truly distinct from the people around them, but it's still not like they're giants.

So I honestly guess the question I have is: is it a bad thing that next year, Jurina/Sakura/whoever wins won't reach the Sasshi vote count? Is it a bad thing that fans' interests are spread among different members, as opposed to concentrated in the top figures? I guess you could argue it either way - on the one hand, Sasshi's vote count is so high because of public recognition, which is a barrier Yuihan/Naachan/Juri have more trouble with, which could be a sign of decrease. On the other, people know more about different members. People appreciate the group as a whole, or take the time to learn who Fukuoka Seina or Nishigata Marina, etc., actually are. I guess that just shows what people have been saying - that wota are getting more aggressive and the general public is getting more aggressively disinterested.

I'm really looking forward to next year's SSK, where it's highly unlikely the top tier girls are going to be doing what Sasshi is doing and putting such a big gap between her and her competitors. Instead, I think we could see more girls duking it out in the 100-80K range, which makes it more exciting, more like general rivalries, and more tense for the lower ranks. I don't think Sasshi/Mayu's votes are just going to vanish into the void - they'll go to the girls like NakoMiku/Hana and...idk, does Mayu have significant kouhai? I don't doubt 48G's ability to keep going on. It's not like, with Mayu being gone, the group is broken. It's just a different group - and tbh, as a fan whose first single was Kibouteki Refrain, I'm much more interested in a group where its rising members have space to actually rise. I say, congratulations to Mayu, and I'm extremely proud of seeing her grow even in the few years I've been a fan of the group, but while she will be missed, I'm not going to go all fire and brimstone like my twitter feed seems to be doing.

OK, and here's what I was actually really excited about and disappointed about:
    Great things:
    • Juri, Naachan safely securing their positions as Senbatsu members. And Naachan crossing the top 10 barrier!
    • Mirurun making it in! I don't know Akarin very well, but it's great that NMB has 2 reps in Senbatsu. And with Yuuri not far behind, and....well, i would add Riripon to that number, but...well...
    • Still congratulations to Riripon. I was so thrilled to see her rank so high, and if she's truly happy with her dude, I'm happy for her. Sure, if she knew that far in advance, she should have pulled out like when Tomu did. But I don't blame her for wanting to tell fans the truth - that stage is for telling fans what's really on your mind. Honestly, I can see her telling management maybe too late to pull out or something, and management saying "OK you have to tell your fans when you rank at SSK."
    • Mikurin in undergirls! Also Madoka, taking me by surprise. I thought she was out.
    • Other really great girls got in: Rika-hime, Gatanee, Satopii, Rara (thank goodness), Natsumikan, Serika, Yunana, Hiwatashi, Moekyun, Aki to represent that amazing 4th gen.
    • Hinatan and Ogiyuka breaking into Senbatsu. I still don't know how that happened, but I'm all for it.
    Sad things:
    • um, Miion. What are you doing in 17th. What happened?? I really thought she and Naachan would be top 10 for sure. This is my biggest disappointment, hands down. I really think Miion is one of the greatest members the group has now, and this is frustrating.
    • I really wanted Naachan to be in Kami 7. I'm sad to see Sarina and Ogiyuka shoot right past her, and I was hoping she could surpass Yuihan, too. But 9th is really fantastic, and it shows she's still rising. But watching her in the stands curled up in anxiety for every single rank starting at like 20th was so so stressful.
    • I also was really hoping this would be Makotan's year, but I guess with her "scandal," it's not the worst. I'm just really hoping this doesn't spell out that her push is failing. I really think that Mako, Miion, and Renacchi could be amazing members in the 48G and really make an impact the way their seniors have, but it's embittering to see that not happen every year, especially - as I pointed out earlier - in a year when the vote count to enter Senbatsu is low.
    • Meru in permanent Next Girls, and Nako falling to join her. I prefer Miku to Nako, but Nako's tears were some of the worst. Mio's drop was surprising, too.
    • Komiharu falling so so far. I was really hoping her fans would push her harder this year, but I guess a fall makes sense. I think what happened is people thought she was safe or on an upswing, and her fans pushed so so hard for her last year.
    • All I want is for wota to accept Ryoha but it isn't happening. :(

12. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    If you call being at a high school friend's birthday party a scandal, totally.

• Like Like x 1
  13. James Torralba

James Torralba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui_T8
    imo, old gens has the right to get angry because they built AKB from almost nothing, and some new members are busy destroying the group with their lets say "selfishness"...

• Like Like x 1
  14. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Yuko on Riripon (from Riripon's thread):

if the video does not show watch the video here

16. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I guess the feeling for Takamina and Yuko is that they didn't leave the group so their kouhai would wreck it all. Normally they shouldn't care but they are too attached to not have a strong opinion on the matter.

17. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Aaaahh so many dramas lmao. I honestly don't mind if Ririka graduates and marries, at least she knows what she's doing and hey, at least she admitted before any of those newspaper spies report anything. Thou, the way she said it gives this impression (or maybe it really IS the situation) that she's already engaged. Now, that's juicy, getting engaged behind the scene IS scandalous.

Ok, the amount of AKB young gens dropping is lowkey worrying. Miion, I kinda understand, last year she was the election single center, there was a hype and she did not drop that far, but Komi serving Tani Marika is not a good sign. Unlike Tani, she's been treated well throughout the year after her first rank and she dropped like that.

God blesses Akarin. Seriously, considering she never racked more than 14k, forget senbatsu, had she maintained that amount this year without Youtube and KHK hype, she would have been unranked. The youtube and GP positive response did wonders and she deserves it. Having binge watched a couple of her videos, I have to say she deserves that takamina catchphrase. The editing, the flow, the way she brings herself in her videos are amazing and she uploads every week even in SSK time when she's busier than she is usually. That Akarin SSK history chart had me shook a little tbh, can't believe that this is the girl who's been lingering in FG-UCG and now all of sudden, a senbatsu. Whoa. Yukirin made a good point that she would give hope to lower ranked girls that anything can happen as long as you work on it. Expect Miru-Nagisa turn to Miru-Akarin in the future.

The senbatsu, whoa. Not seeing some 16 staple and seeing some of these dark horses is a nice change of pace. Most of them are decent performers too. Even fast paced song would work well with this senbatsu.

Also, I like how the bar for #80 is getting higher while the senbatsu is getting lower. It kinda gives you a motivation to rack votes more while also being optimistic that anything could happen if you rank. It's kind of insane that, for example, Mogi, who lost 2000 votes went straight to lower UCG while the same situation would only send her to FG last year.

18. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

There is a also 'dirt by association'. People won't remember what AKB was like when they were part of it, they will see what it is like now and assume that it was the same in their day. There hasn't been enough years to the separation. People like Atsuko can get away with it, the ones who left 'recently' maybe won't.

19. ET920

ET920 Member

In your own home, with your school friends being Johnny's members, don't forget the small writing :awesome:

Years ago management pushing a member would be effective. Lately, it didn't work quite well. Today Mirurun finally managed to rank, but how many votes are hers and how many are from Sayanee, Fuuko, Shuu and Keicchi's? How many are AKARIN's? Meru, Mio, Nako, Miku, now Hana have disappointing results. Okappa and Katomina were pushed as centers, with only the former getting a good result. Komiharu wasn't pushed by management, but Kojimako, Mion (and well, Naanya) were.

I have this wild theory based on what I observe in Showroom (yeah, I know :awesome: ), their live performances and the Twitter accounts from fans that I follow and get linked to. Team 8 wotas adore their girls, they treat them as a whole new group instead of a team of the AKB48 group. And they feel Aki-P is not giving them the recognition they deserve. you can see it in special broadcasts in Showroom, when they put names like "Akimoto, where is Team 8 single debut?" and "Team 8 CD debut, please". They both team together to try to place as many Team 8 members in the SR senkyo, and even cheat to inflate their followers' numbers. During Request Hour they push their team song to the top, and when NGT48 beat them, they took it personal (like pushing Onishi way ahead of Rikachan during the SR senkyo, and the type of comments they did when the preliminary results were known). It's almost a religion. In this theory, I wonder if some of the guys who usually support "strong" or "pushed" members decided to turn into Team 8 fans because they see them as the weakest link in the whole structure, the contradiction within the group: they work hard, but are never recognized the way they think they should. Mayuyu lost Chinese fans to Yuiyui, wouldn't have surprised me if Mion, Komiharu and many others have lost fans to them too.

I didn't take it as if she were offended, though. It was more like an expression of surprise. Or maybe she meant that Riripon just did it :awesome:

She admitted to it because it was going to be leaked. Otherwise, she might have kept it secret for who knows how long.

10 personal thoughts regarding the Election
    1. My SKE48 kamioshi (Akarin), my NMB48 oshi (Uuka), my NGT48 oshi (Mahohon, just because we share birthday :awesome: ) all ranked. Last year I apologized to Uuka saying her fans' strength wasn't enough, and she cried after reading my message aloud, so really happy she was back, and even centering a song. Her TO was also pretty happy at SR, threw 7 towers at her, I had to bit my lip not to throw some for her :awesome:
    2. Really happy about AKARIN, I loved when she opened her heart regarding fans telling her she was their "second oshi" and made me doubt whether to oshihen to Uuka as I had planned when Keicchi graduated, or switch to AKARIN, so I feel pretty cool with her being senbatsu.
    3. Happy that Aapon ranked again. I just like her body :awesome:
    4. Kohachan, Kahotaru and Harurun didn't rank at all, which didn't surprise me (personally Kohachan isn't trying as hard as she should or could, and I knew how the voting for both STU48 members was going as to expect neither to rank). Generally speaking, it looks like it's hard for the "SR generations" (AKB48 16th, SKE48 8th and STU48 1st) to place members in the top 80.
    5. A bit disappointed at the fact that Kaotan couldn't return to senbatsu, I wanted more trolling :awesome: But really surprised at Masana, didn't think she would rank this high.
    6. LOL at Moekyun's fans, they were boasting having funds for +30k votes, and to Onishi's fans, they really thought she was going to beat Rikachan :awesome:
    7. Already talked a lot about Riripon but must say that she was being trained to be NMB48's Yui, their next generation leader once Sayaka graduated (which should happen earlier than later). Just like management erred at choosing Jo as their "future" ace, they also erred as their "future" captain. In that regard, I'm disappointed.
    8. The feedback between Team 8 and NGT48 worked amazingly well. They pushed their own members, and managed to get many to rank for the first time. This kind of rivalry disappeared between SKE48 and NMB48, and should be brought back.
    9. Somehow, I felt as if the Riripon situation completely overwhelmed Yui. Juri and Naachan made harsh references to it, but Yui... somehow I felt like she was at a loss. Not sure what would have done Takamina, probably cry first :awesome: and then talk about how great the group is and how they'll overcome the situation. Although if she went to drink alone (wasn't she dating that wota, though?), maybe she wouldn't have been able to stand the situation itself.
    10. Haruu graduates without having ranked at all. I still remember when Minarun was made captain and the interviews were about how much she wanted to be captain. Sometimes you want to eat cake, but life gives you bread. At least she had Tofupro.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

She only admitted it because she knew she was caught and the secret was out. Otherwise she would have kept on lying and thinking she could have her cake and eat it.

I wonder when she graduates (or is fired) will they have just 15 people in the Undergirls pv lol