1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Suto Ririka (Riripon) / Draft 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by mav48, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Honestly because the event was live and I was just so happy she ranked 20th I was kind of expecting a boring thank u speech and then I heard the word marriage and my neck spun so fast even the exorcist girl would be jealous of me. I didn't really understand what was happening and like the rest of the NMB members I just assumed she was trolling, but near the end she looked so serious. Like usually she has that tone that u can read that she's being a troll, but just the way she was carrying herself she seemed really off.

And hey maybe she'll be the first 48-member to get a divorce too lol~ may as well experience it all while you're in ur 20s and she can write a new book about her experiences lol. Gotta make money somehow

2. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    They allowed her to say this at the elections. So they supported her in her decision. I mean mngmnt didn't somethink like "OH! Omedetou!", it's more like "OK! Let it go!" [hehe]

Akip said Kakkoi! He didn't condemn her

3. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    no =)

4. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Undoubtly some (lots) of fans are angry and/or dissapointed, but clearly she also has fansupport... Maybe her most loyal fans know more about her personality and odd ways? Maybe they never expected or wanted her to be a typical idol?

As I have said, I'm not upset but then I just like her, she's not my oshi (well she is my current NMB favorite) so that may be why I don't think it's a big deal... I'm pretty sure that if it were my oshi I would still feel the same ( a little/very sad to see her leave but happy for her that she found love, maybe a little worried that the guy was not that great but believing it will turn out good in the end.

5. kndy

kndy Kenkyuusei

6. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

7. Yami

Yami Kenkyuusei

8. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    By the looks of it it seems this is going to end in a positive way for Riripon
    - management seems to take quite a while to come up with a response. If they were to force her to just graduate and be done with it they would have already announced it. (and for those who are calling for her to be fired: I think they can't)
    - Yuko has apologised for her reaction
    - Juri has been removed from what should have been her first public activity after ssk. Although I dont think its punishment but more to make sure she doesn't say anything.
    - Aki-p saying he thought the whole announcement was cool

Also let's not forget that this whole situation is a first, and things that happen for the first time can be worth quite a bit.

9. Sooyoung

Sooyoung Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Are people here really planning to buy Kendrick's "DAMN." just because an idol wore it?
    At least listen to his album (not sure if most people here listen to non idol music)

10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    If you are talking about this
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1694746/
    It says pretty clearly that the reporters were pressing her for an answer and she just gave them one. Evidently they found the topic much more interesting than whatever shilling for Coca Cola Takamina was called to do, and I can't disagree with that sentiment.
    If the sponsor really didn't want people to ask questions unrelated to the product that was being promoted, they could have simply told them in advance that the press conference would be discontinued if they did. It has happened many other times before at other such events where a tarento was there, after all, why not this time.

Here's a funny idea to give new generations a breathing space AND prevent fans and funds from getting exhausted: members who are even remotely thinking about announcing their graduation at the Sousenkyo ceremony shouldn't run in the election in the first place. They are only making their fans waste money and efforts on a member that probably won't be around anymore by the end of the year, whereas their votes would have been better spent if they were distributed on their second oshimen, who still have years of career ahead of them and need the support to start off.
    Anyway, this criticism is aimed at members like Mayuyu more so than anyone else, in case you are wondering, since she was the biggest magnet of these wasted votes.
    You are complaining about a member announcing she got a marriage proposal, but you condone such acts of parasitism?

Disrespecting? As far as I know, people who are fans of Riripon are so because of her defiant, outspoken, controversial character, which is how she has made a name for herself inside of NMB, not because of some "I'll stay pure, you'll give me votes" sort of unspoken deal anyway. With Riripon the paradigm is a little bit different than conventional idols.
    Also...
    If it weren't for Riripon, this year's Sousenkyo would've been a complete dud. After all, viewer ratings just came in and the average was at 13.something percent, which means that viewers weren't expecting anything genuinely interesting to happen this year and many chose not to watch it at all.
    Despite Ogiyuka ranking in first at the preliminary announcement, Sashihara's victory was pretty much a given and it wouldn't have raised an uproar anymore. "Yeah, congrats Sasshi, you sure are the queen. Golfclaps. Calling the curtains down."
    As for Mayuyu, I'm sorry for her, but announcing one's own graduation at the Sousenkyo event has become such an overused move, she wouldn't have received any bonus points for the originality.
    The reality is, Sasshi and Mayuyu alone couldn't have livened up this Sousenkyo, even though it was going to be their last year.
    It would have been yet another year of the same old mannerisms being repeated over and over again, with the same old faces at the top. Frankly speaking, it's because of these "big names" and the excessive importance given to them that people are getting tired of Sousenkyo.
    What saddens me the most is that, despite all the complaints, fans here seem actually happy with this neverending stagnation because it spares them from learning new names are researching about new members. You can tell how they have become so used to it just by looking at their reaction of denial and dismissal when NGT members started ranking in en masse, it's like they actually hoped for the group to remain local and obscure because they don't want too much change to upset their hobbies.
    Glad to have Sashihara and Mayuyu out of the way, glad for Riripon to have upstaged them just when they believed it was their crowning moment.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  11. kndy

kndy Kenkyuusei

Of course, Universal Music Japan is going to capitalize on the interest in the [DAMN] shirts. They released information today of a boom of interest in the Kendrick Lamar T-shirt:

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/kendrick-lamar/news/2017/06/19/

And as for the gray t-shirt that Riripon wore, the gray is not for sale. Riripon got the shirt as an assistant on the radio program for Japan hip-hop station WREP and obtained the shirt through from staff.

https://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2017/06/19/0010297016.shtml

12. Zato48

Zato48 Kenkyuusei

This is an ultra competitive industry. Your enemies will disguise as your friends. It is sad to see this kind of "scandals" are appearing more frequent. These scandals basically lead Miki and Naanya to graduate. Then Mako got her share of controversy right before the election:(

13. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    I also said this, graduation announcements at the ssk are the same as what riripon did.

I also think you are right and people are clinging to much to the past. AKB (and the idol industry in general) are and need to evolve to compete for our attention in these times. The way I see it the focus of the akb fandom is slowly shifting from being fan of the group to being fan of just a few girls.
    Thanks to social media we get so much more options to follow and interract with specific girls that the group as a whole is being pushed back.

14. Sooyoung

Sooyoung Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    What happened to Miki and Naanya?

15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

If they didn't break the rules then they wouldn't get in trouble. It doesn't matter if anyone thinks the rules are unfair, enough people believe in them and that make them matter. There are rules (both written and unwritten) that I have to adhere to in my work and idols have to do the same. Part of an idols job is their image, character and behaviour and if they tarnish that then they're taking the chance that they'll get in trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Don't defend narcs, if you have a problem with something someone is doing bring it up with that person or the next person up in the chain of command. Going to someone completely outside the group is far worse as it leads to paranoia and distrust within the group.
    You deal with problems at the lowest level possible.

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Don't do the crime, don't do the time.

18. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    How to have a dysfunctional group 101. Bring in narcs so everyone is constantly looking over their shoulder and completely distrustful of everyone else in the group.
    If someone in the group or staff ratted Riri out to a tabloid what that person or persons did is far more vile and damaging to the group than anything Riri did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Narcs? LOL, this isn't the medillin cartel, chill out. It might be a friend of the boyfriend who snitched him out, or a family member, or a bitter ex-girlfriend/wife, or jealous nurse at the hospital or pretty much anyone he or she knows.

20. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    "Narc" is a standard american English term for someone who rats someone out, "rat" is also used. I expressly pointed out that if it was someone in the group or staff who did it, they would be far more damaging to the group than Riri. I was responding to what at best was your nonchalant attitude towards the idea that someone belonging to the group or group's staff was the one who ratted Riri out to a tabloid.