1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Suto Ririka (Riripon) / Draft 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by mav48, Mar 19, 2014.

1. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Nothing will happen. Wotas bark, they don't bite.

2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    They sure have been barking loudly around here lately.

3. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    My guess there will be a lot of big talk by a lot of keyboard warriors, but there will no major problems and something like a 90/10 positive vs negative split to her face at the actual event.
    It's easy to talk a big game on the internet, it's different animal in public with a security guard right there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    i'll be surprised if she finishes all her slots for the day

5. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I do find it amusing to see members who never mentioned Ririka once throughout her entire career, or didn't even know who she was until this moment, pass judgement on her skills and personality like they've been watching her for years lol.

Notice how you only mentioned two NMB members (under yoshimoto). Everyone else you mentioned is under a different management. Yoshimoto tends to handle these situations a lot differently. When milky got suspended, that was because they were still new. Look at that scandal milky had when she was senbatsu tier? Management swept it under the rug completely. You also failed to mention other non nmb girls who have been caught in a scandal and did not get punished by management for it (the biggest and most recent being Yukirin). So much for saving face lol.

I would not be surprised if this was 100% Riripons decision to graduate. If she wanted to stay, she would have told her partner not to do the interview, and then ignored or debunked the article bunshun would have released, and went about her idol career. Instead, she got up on that stage and announced her marriage to the world, knowing full well her "promise" to her partner was "graduation then marriage". Management saying she could stay probably was them saving face, but Ririka herself definitely made that decision to graduate herself.

this is bothering me too.
    She mentions not even knowing how to like someone, so deciding that she loves him only after being in a long distance relationship where they rarely meet and don't contact each other often... it seems weird to me.
    Also, I think, if you truly loved someone, you would want them to do what they love, and if she loves being an idol so much, i don't think her partner should have agreed to the whole "graduate then marriage" thing. As they said, they don't even know when they will get married, she has no ring, and nothing is planned. Essentially, this is a case of "young love" where a couple gets together and fast-tracks their relationship without thinking, literally being blinded by love.

I truly fear that she is jumping into this without actually sitting down and thinking about this clearly. If she truly believes this is the right thing, then I wish nothing but the best for her. Regardless of how I feel about her announcing something like this at the sousenkyo. Regardless of how I feel about the unofficial love ban rule. The last thing I would want is to see her leave everything she's worked hard for, and then have her relationship fall apart not long after they marry. So I truly wish the best for her. I'm sad she's graduating since she's one of my favorite NMB members, but it's the logical choice. I'm happy both management and the members support her, no matter their views, and I hope her JP fans can forgive this mess and send her off without causing a scene lol.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  6. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

when you're young and in love, everything you do is right << is what goes through people's mind. Me too ofcouse when I was young.

7. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I'm the same age as Riripon, and you could say i'm quite inexperienced in relationships too lol, but when I have a strong crush on someone, it really does feel like you're in love with them, and you tend to do things that you wouldn't ordinarily do if you stopped and thought logically about it. We all know the feeling of liking someone, but not many know the feeling of being in love. I'm really worried she's doing this on a whim, but judging by her announcement and interview, she seems like knows what she's doing, so once again, I wish nothing but the best for her.

honestly, i found this whole event very amusing, maybe it's because i don't take idols as seriously as some people s48 (ehh), or jp/ririka wota (understandably) do. but seeing her graduate is still sad, and seeing the whole situation get to this point is saddening too. I wished it would have turned out differently, but there you go.

8. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Alot of people don't understand how handshakes work if they think antis are gonna go up to Riripon and berate her. For one thing, how would antis have known to buy her tickets 4 months ago to do this?

9. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    ^The line between love and hate is very thin, it wouldn't be surprising if a "former fan" shows up just to insult her.

10. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Eh, remains to be seen. Almost all the keyboard warriors who claim they will do bad things to her in the handshake won't and even if they did, she will probably have two OJS with her plus a manager, timer and two hagashi.

11. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    So, she's still in Yoshimoto, but not 48g?
    win for yoshimoto, but loss for 48g i guess

12. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I'm surprised most people actually take the post-incident official explanation as the truth of the matter in its entirety.

I think in many instances, a negotiated resignation where you allow the offending employee to resign is what happens. It achieves the same result as firing the employee and avoids unwanted circumstances such as a lawsuit, bad publicity, the employee doing a tell-all, revealing company secrets, etc. It's also advantageous for the employee in that she is allowed to save face and is eligible for being hired again as she was not "fired" and does not have to explain to her next employer that she is not an undesirable employee.

I don't think staying on was really an option and that it was more a PR statement. I think it might have been necessary to add that to make it convincing that graduation was really her choice.
    For the ones that were allowed to continue, the common element seems to be that the "offense" will not be committed again. Also, those cases involved either members that were "too big" to lose, or involved offenses that were subject to plausible denial. In any case, even if she still somehow managed to stay on despite logic telling us otherwise, I think sutou herself is smart enough to foresee is likely to happen -- much less promotion and opportunities, less fans (and angry fans), angry co-workers (her really close friends will probably be ok but those who her less will not be), etc. so perhaps it's not really a viable option.

On her future, good luck to her -- I met her early this year for a two-shot and she provided the best experience for me that day. Personally, I think she had a promising career and haven't had much time to get to know the person she's marrying and that the relationship doesn't really have a big foundation. She's also quite young and this was quite sudden. It's probably better that it's a "normal" guy though since this person will certainly try to keep her. Lastly, imo when you say "in the medical field," it's likely not a (very) promising career as otherwise, you would just say what it is like intern, etc. :)

13. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
  14. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

This isn't taking into account, that the person for whom they spent this money 4 mos ago to HS with... has just announced marriage and graduation at SSK.

I'd think that very incident would at least bias someone towards becoming an anti, marriage that is. Esp if they're a mortgage-my-house-for-my-waifu wota. And now they have tickets to see her face-to-face. Perhaps OJS may want to stand a little closer to Riripon's line... :asdfgh::gavel::gavel: ---- :glare::cute::glare:

15. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  16. avalanste

avalanste Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    the death of Ichikawa Ebizō XI's wife (Kobayashi Mao) was more depressing than this member's marriage announcement now. She was only 34.

17. Sooyoung

Sooyoung Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    She wouldn't have ranked anyways.

18. itachi101

itachi101 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otanao
    she's leaving ....... finAlly:hmm:

hopin it will stop too .....please let it stop:^^;:

at least i tried posting the question here :blush:

let just move along and get on with it ;)

19. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I love reading this thread to see how bent out of shape people can get over something of no real significance.

P.S. and it's not going to stop for a long while. People will still be posting after this thread is moved to NMB48 Graduated Members. It will live on as long as S48 pays its bills.

20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane