1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Ma Chia-Ling (Macharin) / Taiwan Audition

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Kierukiel, Dec 19, 2015.

1. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I think it's only for non Kanji foreign names. For Koreans they use the kanji version of the name as well rather than katakana of the Hangul.

2. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Thanks for the information though! It was a really interesting read, even if at times it felt a little bit like you're trying to prove something.
    I am still not sure what should be done, since it would be the same as insisting on writing "Yuuka" instead of "Yuka", and there are many other examples. I believe a decent part of the "controversy" is the fact that J in Romaji and J in Pinyin symbolize different things.

As for this point, I hope that management goes with what the girls prefer.
    An example of a member confirming the way her name's written is Yamashita Emiri (エミリー) which fans called Emily until she said on her 755 that Emiri is the way she writes her name.
    On the other hand, SKE48's Goto Rara (楽々) uses Lala in her signature, Twitter and everything but the official information. So I guess there is no way to go but to hope that the management listen to the girls' preferences.

3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    If she in Taiwan I vote for Jialing
    If she in Japan I vote her Chia-Ling

The girl refers herself to Chia-Ling anyways :)

4. gakushan

gakushan Kenkyuusei

Taiwanese would Romanize her name as Chia-Ling. Japanese would Romanize as Charin.

Jialing is mainland China Romanization. If you watch her showroom, you'll find that she doesn't know mainland Pinyin.

I support changing the thread to Chia-Ling because it is consistent with Taiwan where she is from, what she uses herself and what management uses. On the other hand, since Chinese learners outside of Taiwan typically learn Pinyin but not Wade-Giles, Jialing may be slightly more accessible which I think is the main reason someone would want to keep it Jialing.

5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  6. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I'll like to see both she and the duck ( YES ... I noe...I noe ;) ) on the stage [hehe] thanking the fans .

7. gakushan

gakushan Kenkyuusei

You mean Pisuke the penguin?
    I'm curious who wrote him a fan letter.

8. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2018
  9. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2018
  10. gakushan

gakushan Kenkyuusei

Nearly had a heart attack 30 minutes ago when I was up next and fell off the stage. Good thing she takes her time with reading rankings and I got back on in time! :)

11. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
  12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
  13. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    ehh...i thought i set to 640x480 from postimage.. Myb i set wrong.. I check again.. Thanks senpai for point it out.. :^^;:

Edit: yup.. I forgot to change it on postimage.. My bad.. Done edit earlier post.. :^^;:

14. gakushan

gakushan Kenkyuusei

She was talking about her name in Showroom. So here's the story:

When she auditioned, she originally was planning to have her Japanese name as まじゃりん (majarin). When the staff saw her passport which says "Ma Chia-Ling" they suggested using まちゃりん (macharin) which sounds cuter. Thus the nickname of まっちゃ/抹茶 (maccha) was born.

15. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ^ that's very interesting. I still think margarine is cutest though lol

16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    We discussed her name in the wiki thread. Whether you romanize it using pinyin - mainland style (Jia) or Wade-Jiles - Taiwan style (Chia), the pronunciation is the same. 嘉 like 家 is much closer to じゃ than さゃ.

17. gakushan

gakushan Kenkyuusei

I wasn't really trying to revive a discussion on Romanization or pronunciation. I used to think that she chose まちゃりん since she liked green tea flavored sweets but today I found out it happened differently.

18. candyparuru

candyparuru Kenkyuusei

Um I've never posted here but I've really been into macharin recently, she was so adorable on akbingo. Does she have any other units than 7ji 12fun no Hatsukoi? Here some pics that I saved:

DCNpv1PUwAEXFvL.jpg DB-KPPaUIAAaBhr.jpg DBwKQYvVwAA9rlC.jpg DBzR70OU0AAL5lV.jpg
    credit goes to uploaders on twitter ;)

19. Daisyofc

Daisyofc Kenkyuusei

She so cute!! I'm glad she got along with many members now + her appearance in akbingo.

This kid can go further bcs she got lot potential. Hoping the best for Macharin!!
    I will rooting this kid!!
    She so cute.

Sent from my Lenovo P1ma40 using Tapatalk

20. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    lol Macharin had another really cute scene stealer in this week's AKBingo. Please go watch it!

• Like Like x 1