The Stage48 AKB48 (Post-Acchan) Singles Sousenkyo 2017

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by parukii, Mar 27, 2017.

1. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

It's harder to rank these ones. 2008-2012 was so amazing, almost all my favorite songs are from that time period.

1. Kibouteki Refrain
    2. UZA
    3. Gingham Check
    4. Shoot Sign
    5. BwT
    6. KFC
    7. High Tension
    8. KnP
    9. Love Trip
    10. Labrador
    11. Halloween Night
    12. KwM
    13. Sayonara Crawl
    14. Eien Pressure
    15. Suzukake
    16. Mae shika Mukanee
    17. So long
    18. Heart Ereki
    19. Kuchibiru
    20. Tsubasa wa Iranai
    21. Green Flash

To be honest, I don't even know how the last two songs were even released without them hanging their heads in shame.

2. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    1. Koisuru Fortune Cookie
    2. LOVE TRIP
    3. Kimi wa Melody
    4. Labrador Retriever
    5. Sayonara Crawl
    6. Shoot Sign
    7. Kibouteki Refrain
    8. UZA
    9. Kokoro no Placard
    10. High Tension
    11. Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby
    12. Halloween Night
    13. Kimi no Hohoemi wo Yume ni Miru
    14. Eien Pressure
    15. Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai
    16. Heart Ereki
    17. Green Flash
    18. Gingham Check
    19. Tsubasa wa Iranai
    20. Mae Shika Mukanee
    21. So long!

Mostly ranked by how much I like the songs (or at least find them catch), but when I had difficulty deciding based on the song alone, I also took senbatsu/center and MV into account.

3. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

God Tier
    1. Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai
    2. Eien Pressure
    3. Sayonara Crawl
    4. Gingham Check

Good Tier
    5. Green Flash
    6. Maeshika Mukanee
    7. Heart Electric
    8. Labrador Retriever
    9. So long
    10. High Tension
    11. LOVE TRIP

Good when I’m in the mood tier
    12. Halloween Night
    13. Koisuru Fortune Cookie
    14. Kokoro no Placard
    15. Kibouteki Refrain

Tolerable tier
    16. Kimi wa Melody
    17. Shoot Sign
    18. Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby

Shit tier
    19. UZA
    20. Long song title
    21. Tsubasa wa Iranai

My comments if you're interested <3
    1. Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai
    This single is truly a god sent work of ART from the music, to the choreography, to the costumes, to the PV, to the lyrics and the context of the song. Everything about this song is perfect! Let's talk about the music. This song is first of all incredible because it is highly atmospheric. Within the first few seconds, the strong guitar rifts used creates the image of a powerful gust of wind sweeping through the setting and the juxtaposition of the rifts with the electronic effects takes this to the next level, painting the picture of a post apocalyptic war-torn world. Furthermore, the intensity built up from the verses and the prechorus skyrockets in the chorus due to the huge interval leap used, practically taking us on a spiritual experience. The dubstep break down was also expertly incorporated into the song and surprisingly trendy. Musically this is pretty much a cross between an Avicii club anthem and a John Williams orchestral masterpiece. I'm no expert on choreography but it was pretty amazing watching the girls dance their ass off for once. Not only was the formation dynamic, the incorporation of the floor work and the part where half of the senbatsu collapse onto the floor was also exciting. The part where Paruru stomps through the senbatsu was also ingenious for working around her not-so good dance skills to truly bring out her force and her aura. The first performance at the concert which made use of the whole stage and the full senbatsu is pretty much the kind of showcase that would fit right in in say the opening ceremony of the olympisc. The costumes (the white dresses with the crystals) is also beautiful. I just wished they used ballet shoes instead of the sneakers. I don't know the other costumes that looks like sports bras. The PV was also beautifully shot, everyone looked so good. Truly cinematography that would belong in a hollywood blockbuster. What takes this song to the god tier however was how it was used as the pre-SSK single. It upped the stakes for everyone and really made it seem like a battle. And to make it even better, the lyrics are about not fighting. Truly dramatic irony at its finest! Also noteworthy was the part at the end where the girls go lalalalala for half a minute or so. The lyrics at that section were simple but it was so powerful it spoke to me on a spiritual level. I am thoroughly convinced that such lyrics are crucial for every great song because truly no other word can express the raw feelings that the work as a whole is trying to evoke. Overall this song deserves 100000000000/10.

2. Eien Pleasure
    From the first line itself, I already know that this song would be the greatest idol song of all time. Paruru's vocal performance there was so perfectly executed it made me feel as though I am in the warm embrace of a million angels. However this song should not be mistaken for pure saccharine sweetness as it also has an electrifying guitar solo which practically set this song on fire, giving it a rock n roll sense of euphoria. The bridge that is tinged with darkness then takes this song to the next level by giving the piece a story telling edge as it evokes the image of the trials and tribulations faced by Paruru in her journey towards becoming the goddess of cuteness herself. Altogether, this song is a perfect way to mark and celebrate Paruru's ascension to the idol heavens and I personally think that this is the reason why AKB stop producing idolish music because nothing could ever top this. The costumes are also freaking cute.

3. Sayonara Crawl
    The last bikini single that is truly idolish and energetic. The brass section in the bridge is what makes this next level musically imo because it really makes you feel like you're going down a water slide which is essentially what summer is all about. The summery atmosphere is further amplified through the amazingly beautiful PV, directed by cinematic and visual genius Mika Nakashima and in the extremely beautiful Okinawa and the legendary Churaumi Aquarium making the PV very quintessentially Japanese. I also really loved the sister concept they used in this PV, it was Fuuchan's first big break and on hind sight, pairing her up with Yukirin was really prophetic eh considering Yukirin's kennin with NMB. Most importantly, bikinis made of flowers.

4. Gingham Check

5. Green Flash

6. Maeshika Mukanee

7. Heart Electric

8. Labrador Retriever

9. So long

10. High Tension

11. LOVE TRIP

12. Halloween Night

13. Koisuru Fortune Cookie

14. Kokoro no Placard

15. Kibouteki Refrain

16. Kimi wa Melody

17. Shoot Sign

18. Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby

19. UZA

20. Long song title
    This song is honestly really irritating and Jurina really hard carried it to a million

21. Tsubasa wa Iranai
    TRASH HIPPIE BULLSH*T. It's tragic how this is Mion's signature song. She better get something new asap.

20. Long song title
    This song is honestly really irritating and Jurina really hard carried it to a million

21. Tsubasa wa Iranai
    TRASH HIPPIE BULLSH*T. It's tragic how this is Mion's signature song. She better get something new asap.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  4. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Tbh, I barely even listen to like any of these songs but I'll give it a try :^^;:

Great Songs That Are Actually Still On My Playlist
    1. Mae Shika Mukanee

I really really love this, but my only problem with this is that it's really only suitable for certain occasions. I think it was the perfect song for Yuko as her farewell single; since it was sprinkled all over with that infectious energy of hers. And I also got to see this song performed live by Original NMB48 Team N at their N3 senshuuraku where Maachun centered as her last stage with NMB, and it was such a bittersweet, fun performance with the girls giving it their all, knowing it was the very last time they could perform like that as a full team on that stage. So yeah it's great for performances where "cherishing the moments" is of importance and not just a random performance on a music show or concert.
    2. Green Flash
    Out of the 21 songs listed here, Green Flash is actually the song that's most akin to the type of music that I usually like. Both in terms of the melody of the song as well as the arrangement. I really like the instrumental segment in the middle of the song too! Also, the song just happens to be composed by one of my favourite composers so hahaha.
    3. So Long
    4. Gingham Check

Good Songs I Wouldn't Mind Listening to Occasionally
    5. Kimi wa Melody

I'm gonna be honest and admit that the main reason this ranked so high in my list was because it reminds me of the moment Sayanee claimed that No. 1 spot in the Kouhaku senbatsu, and this was the song she centered and sang. Her solo part was ;_; I mean melodywise it's a nice song too but with that extra oshi feel added to it, that sealed the deal for me lol.
    6. Koisuru Fortune Cookie
    7. Love Trip
    8. Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai
    9. Kokoro no Placard

Half Decent
    10. Sayonara Crawl
    11. Labrador Retriever
    12. Heart Ereki
    13. UZA
    14. Halloween Night

Ok But Forgettable
    15. Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby
    16. Suzukake Nanchara
    17. Shoot Sign

Somewhat Irritating
    18. High Tension
    19. Kibouteki Refrain

Too Bland And Boring
    20. Eien Pressure
    21. Tsubasa wa Iranai

Tsubasa wa Iranai was truly a tragic, forgettable single.
    If I didn't google it up, I would have totally forgotten that the song even existed.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  5. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Preliminary results (First two pages)
    21. So Long (199)
    20. Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby (201)
    19. Kokoro no Placard (204)

17. Shoot Sign & Halloween Night (215)

16. Suzukake (225)
    15. Labrador Retriever (228)
    14. Tsubasa wa Iranai (229)

13. Eien Pressure (232)
    12. Sayonara Crawl (291)
    10. Maeshika Mukanee & Heart Ereki (292)

9. High Tension (346)
    7. Love Trip & Green Flash (353)
    6. Kimi wa Melody (377)

5. Gingham Check (379)
    4. Kibouteki Refrain (383)

3. Koisuru Fortune Cookie (385) :3rd:
    2. Uza (386):2nd:
    1. Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai (452) :1st:

Note: Counting method disregards the other song from Love Trip that is allegedly an A-side.

If everyone only had one vote.
    1. Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai (9)
    2. Gingham Check (5)
    3. UZA & Kimi wa Melody (3)
    5. Green Flash (2)
    6. Sayonara Crawl, Koisuru Fortune Cookie, Heart Ereki, Labrador Retriever, Kuchibiru ni Be my Baby (1)

If you had voted for worst song
    1. Kuchibiru ni Be my Baby (5)
    2. So long (4)
    3. Suzukake (3)
    4. Labrador Retriever, Kokoro no Placard, Halloween Night & Tsubasa wa Iranai (2)
    9. UZA, Eien Pressure, Sayonara Crawl, Maeshika Mukanee, High Tension, Shoot Sign (1)

Note: Some members didn't rank till the last place so data for this is a little skewed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ^ Well, if AKB officialy consider it (Shiawase wo Wakenasai) as an A-side, we should set aside our own preference and put it in the list.. I found it lacking and one-sided, because we're not doing it in a complete official way. The song might not get promoted like Love Trip but it's one of AKB history (first double A-side), and we should appreciate it. Don't abandon it just because you don't like it to the most :)

EDIT: the other users (including me) voted for it, even above bunch of the other A-sides, why wouldn't you count that?

7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    For one thing, the eligible songs are given in the first post: there are 21 CD covers. Love Trip/SwW is not given two covers, so there was no reason to think it was two separate entries, thus the number of entries is 21, not 22.

Plus, you got a direct answer way back at the beginning.

8. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Thanks @sscrla anyway I would have counted it if people voted for it, many didn't. If I were to arbitrarily assigned the Shiawase song a rank, it would skew the results. Worst still, there were some who ranked Love Trip and Shiawase together. I don't really know how I can calculate the scores that way so I just ignored Shiawase altogether.

Also yea, the Love Trip album didn't even have the words Shiawase blablabla anywhere, do people really consider it a double A-side? Did they even perform it at music shows?

9. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
  10. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

My rank.

1 Ghingam check (Love that pv: best video-edit ever! The song is super catchy)
    2 High tension (Great song, center, senbatsu)
    3 Kimi wa melody (the pv is fantastic, the song it's very very good, still not one of the best ballads)
    4 Love trip (I didn't appreciate the mv but the song is also very very good, Sashi rules in the choreo!)
    5 Bokutachi wa tatakawanai (a great single and mv)
    6 Koi suru wa fortune cookie (just..iconic! both constumes and song are pure fun!)
    7 Sayonara crowl (at first I wasn't so happy about this song, but after a few month the melody stick in my head and never leave)
    8 Labrador retriver (2 Paruru, 2 Mayuyu what you want more??? That's the paradise)
    9 Eien pressure (precious single with a stellar senbatsu and a special center)
    10 Tsubasa wa iranai (Still a gorgeous ballad perfectly centered by a Mion in state of grace)
    11 Kokoro no placard (yes that's KFC copicat song but that's so good too, it's a copy of a masterpiece and it's filled with aces)
    12 Green flash
    (anothers song that I took a while for appreciate. Btw liked the video, the concept and the live performances)
    13 Uza (another great mv but the song it's not my style)
    14 Halloween night (enjoyed the mv but another song that don't leave me a great impression)
    15 So long (despite the hype at the time and the wonderful intro, I agree that is a boring song)
    16 Mae shika mukanee ( I admit never give so much attention to this song, often I skip this)
    17 Heart ereki (Another single that I don't find interesting, the mv is good too but I found the song melody very generic)
    18 Shot sign
    (maybe it's still early for evaluate this since I listened a few times, so this position)
    19 Suzukake...
    (Didn't like the melody from the first listen)
    20 Kibouteki refrain (never liked the fast rythm, the trumpets and the choir)
    21 Kuchibiru no be..
    (somebody wrote in this thread "abomination" LOL, maybe is too much but I agree that this never conqueer me)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  11. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I think @RedBug has a point. And since we are ranking singles here, not A sides, let's just count Love Trip/Shiawase as one.

It's interesting how Uza ranks #2 and is in both most rated best songs and worst songs list.

12. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Basically I'm referring to this:
    That's why I found it lacking not to include that as a separate thing.. Since we need to know how high might that song be in the list.

But it's okay tho, since the other users didn't vote for it :)

13. SaikouTan

SaikouTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kobayashi Yui, Miyawaki Sakura
    Actually if you look at the first post it specifically says:
    which is why I also find it strange that Shiawase wasn't included, but that's the way things are so whatever.

14. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

I honestly forgot about Shiawase. If it really bothers you then start a new poll.

And yea UZA was definitely the most polarizing single lolll. Many rank it near the bottom as well.

15. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ^ I think we don't need to do that again. Just consider Shiawase as 22nd for those who don't vote for it.

16. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

You do realize that doing this would make the score for Shiawase lower than it would actually be?

17. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ^ Yes I do. But that's the only alternative besides starting over the poll OR changing the rule to the full content of the single instead of A-side only, just to make SwW and LT count as one (because the other might have different rank if they consider its B-sides).
    Unless we consider SwW as a B-side.

18. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Yes let's just consider that song as a B-side.

19. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I was looking at "Here is how it works. You rank your favourite AKB48 singles from the best to your worst. " in bold haha

20. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Dear everyone who I love on this forum and also to the rest of y'all, I got banned by our great leader for a month so I thought that I should perhaps put my time to good use and finish what I started. So here goes!

After tabulating the scores the final results are as follows:

(Note: This is calculated by adding up all the votes the songs received according to how each submission ranked them and excluding all votes for Shiawase wo Wakenasai. When a submission does not rank all 21 songs, the remaining votes are averaged out.)

At 21st place:
    Tsubasa wa Irana (311)
    [hehe][hehe][hehe]

20th to 11th
    20. Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby (349)
    19. So long (361)
    18. Suzukake (370)
    17. Kokoro no Placard (393)
    16. Shoot Sign (404)
    15. Halloween Night (417)
    14. Eien Pressure (446)
    13. Maeshika Mukanee (486)
    12. Labrador Retriever (493)
    11. Heart Ereki (514)

Top 10
    10. Sayonara Crawl (582)
    9. Green Flash (586)
    8. LOVE TRIP (594)
    7. High Tension (626)
    6. Kimi wa Melody (647)
    5. Gingham Check (655)
    4. Kibouteki Refrain (670)

:3rd:
    Koisuru Fortune Cookie (679)
    :2nd:
    UZA (708)
    :1st:
    Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai (797)
    CONGRATULATIONS!

Comment: ForrestFuller's submission was excluded as he ranked High Tension twice. Shirase Miyuki's submission missed out on Labrador Retriever and it is assumed to be ranked last in that circumstance

-

Ok so since I had so much free time, I tried to think of more tabulation methods so here goes.

If you could only vote for one song
    10. Shoot Sign/Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby/Labrador Retriever/Suzukake/Heart Ereki (1)
    7. Green Flash/Maeshika Mukanee/Sayonara Crawl (2)
    6. Kimi wa Melody (3)
    3. Kibouteki Refrain/Koisuru Fortune Cookie/UZA (4)
    2. Gingham Check (6)
    1. Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai (16)
    If you could only vote for 5 songs
    21. Tsubasa wa Iranai 35
    20. Kokoro no Placard 38
    19. Halloween Night 54
    18. So long 74
    17. Shoot Sign 74
    16. Suzukake 75
    15. Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby 78
    14. Eien Pressure 109
    13. Heart Ereki 134