1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ 1st & 3rd link are the same...

Looks like Okappa was playing a prank (along with Ayakani), as kappa do... :^^;:

"Salmon nai to", "salmon night", are written the same, and Moeka did say "Salmon nai to, -tte nan desu ka?" Did she mean "When there's no salmon, what is it" , or "salmon night, what is it"...?

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Oh nvm I got the joke lol It's an inside joke from their line group

3. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Oh, LOL! See, joke's on me :^^;:

4. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  5. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ That totally made my day :lol:

Any post with Ogiyuka, Gatanee, and Macharin in it, is gonna be a winner :1st:

6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Since you already posted the link, why not laying down the full details as well? :p

On July 30, TeNY will air a 30-minute documentary about NGT48 named "Yakushin! NGT48 ~ Niigata kara Zenkoku he Kanojotachi no Ni-Nen ~" (Advance, NGT48! ~ From Niigata to the whole country, the girls' two years).
    This is going to be a continuation of "NGT48 Niigata wo Kaeru Kanojotachi" (NGT48 The girls who will change Niigata), another short TV documentary that was filmed very early into NGT's history and basically follows the period between NGT's final audition and their first public performance. If anyone has missed it or wasn't interested in NGT back in the day, don't worry, it's never too late to catch up. (for some reason, there's so much coverage of Tsugumin inside, one would be lead to think they were intending to give her push, something which unfortunately is yet to happen)

Speaking of which, here's a small preview aired just today, for those curious enough:
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/888308953238523904/pu/vid/1280x720/u432KG9JuVGeHDYG.mp4

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  7. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
  8. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  9. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
  10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

2 Years ago today, NGT48's 1st Generation was announced.
    [​IMG]

11. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    That is such an accomplishment! Two years, going strong! :1st:

12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Ogino documentary... :hmm: nothink new, not interesting!

13. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I have never been a AKB48 fan. Heard of them and heard their songs, but never got interested in the whole group. I sort of knew there was NGT48 in Niigata but nothing else.

The weird thing is, while I was on holidays in Japan this year, I randomly chose Max Toki 315 Go from the list of MV just because it was the group with only the 1 and only song at the AKB48 cafe at Akihabara. The MV had a different feel to previous AKB48 songs and I was hooked. To be honest, I heard this song on Spotify before but didn't know it was a NGT48 song! The MV made it relatable to me as I was just in Niigata 2 days before, so I recognised the places in the MV.

I enjoyed my 1 day in Niigata and would like to go back for another visit. I also found out I was actually stayed quite close to LoveLa2! Regrets!

14. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I actually wanted to post this on the STU forum but thought better to do it here. This is my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

I see differences between NGT48 and STU48, especially on how the girls are nutured.

Like some comentaries said,
    1. the NGT48 girls were doing PR work very early on, most times without their captain or Yukirin onnee san babysitting them. They are now comfortable doing TV and radio shows, and they are Not shy!

2. At their initial performances, the Kitarie and/or Yukirin were there with them but never as the Center. The new girls were the centers and it changes depending who is there performing.

3. Like many people in the forum here commented (for and against) , the Center keeps rotating. For a young group of only 25/26 girls, this is a good thing as everyone has a chance to shine, to take the lead and everyone knows all the different parts. eg. I would not have noticed Kado Yuria if she hadn't covered a different unit position in each performance of NIII3. I salute her for it and want to cheer her on.

4. I think the most important is Kitarie is the captain NGT48 with no concurrency in other sister groups. She has a good election rank but not as high as sasshi. There is less pressure on the girls within NGT48. Being physically there in Niigata, Kitarie is able to focus fully and to grow with the team. Her leadership style gives the members space to express themselves. During Ayakani's seitansai, everyone was taking the cheeky subtle opportunities to do the crab sign in NIII3 songs.

5. Hierarchically very flat. The girls (Team NIII and KKS) were all involved in the 1st and 2nd NGT48 songs and MV on the AKB48 b-sides. The closeness between all of them can be seen by fans when they cover for each other in performances and in their social interactions. This was evident in the making of MV (okappa and katomina as centers) where everyone kept emphasising 'the 26 of us'. TIF 2017, all 25 members are there, all suffered through the heat. They see themselves 1st as NGT48 instead of Team NIII or KKS.

6. Have to thank their management for unique experiences. Performing in Korea and like learning the taiko drum on Sado Island and had to give a performance in 3 days helped shape their outlook and built their confidence. Any challenges they take it on, NGT style.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  15. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Not able to 'like' this commentary... but if I could, it'd be for 2 likes. :approve:

Exactly what I'd been seeing re: AKB idols coming from the established 'caste' system of insularity in cliques vs. NGT's bottom-up mgmt and training style. We've seen in 2 yrs which philosophy's created more support within both casual and hardcore fans, AKB's then-latest bespoke gen (15th) vs. NGT's shoki members/KKS. I feel the closest thing AKB's had to NGT's style is Team 8 -- and I wouldn't be surprised if their success influenced how NGT was managed.

It wouldn't be unusual for mgmt of other teams/groups to test this approach out with their future gens, I'd think. The rewards would be huge, not only for the regional group but for 48G as a whole.

EDIT: I don't currently know if Sasshi is managing STU with the same style as she did reviving and redefining HKT... but I wouldn't put it past her to have long learned from the downsides of all her past mentorships / management stints, to have a separate path for STU than for HKT. Things in common I see with both NGT and HKT in this regard, are 1) their focus on, and exposure in variety enabling their popularity, and 2) a close-knit group of idols with very little overlap in personality, so something to appeal to everyone. HKT leaned a lot on their past heavy-hitters in the last 2 yrs so when many graduated it definitely affected them.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  16. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  17. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I forgot which NIII3 performance, it was I think 3 Sundays ago, they had so many of the Team NIII members away and had the KKS fill in the places (in the end they only had 17 members and Kado Yuria had to sing for two units... 1 of them LIVE - Okappa's position with the fridge). The show had to go on and the KKS stepped in!

Edit: The main point I wanted to make 2 posts back was
    I watched the STU Showroom announcement of their single and STU Captain said wanting to emulate the success of NGT48 (or something like that), I was like 'where is your groundwork?' I feel that management was/is in a hurry to show some results. The only song releaseed is on the b-side on the theater version! (I was disappointed I couldn't get it from cdjapan!). Not every STU48 member was involved in that too.

I am not saying that STU48 single will do badly but I feel that how management is segregating the members is not helpful. Choosing senbatsu members when they are all KKS. Some went to TIF 2017 (better public exposure) and some to the Aoen Mall. The group cohesion is not there even before a Team S is formed. This will even affect the fan base. For such a young group still trying to get itself known outside their STU area, it is already causing local fans/local prefectures to feel that their girl is being left out.

By the time NGT48 did their 1st single, all 26 members had done 3 b-sides songs (and at least 2 MVs) and stage experience under their belts. Slowly building up the fan base and having the winning song in RH 2017. When the 1st single was released, NGT48 was nearly a household name. This is all down to hard work. No pressure to show quick result (like sister group X). From the beginning nobody had any great expectations after watching old news reports on NGT48.

From showroom: a Team NIII will encourage fans to go watch the KKS Party performance the next day and a KKS thanks fans for attending that day's NIII3 performance!

Self promotion at its best.

I just find the NGT songs generic enough to appeal to people outside of Niigata. Max toki.... a train buff. Midori to Mori.... song is energetic enough for any sporting park. Yes, both can be considered a promotional video for Niigata!

In the NGT48 doco (girls that changed niigata), the KKS were told to smile or to project that to the audience. Ironically a few of the NGT48 songs requires them not to smile!

This group is just so versatile, not pigeon holed to a certain genre. To me Silent Majority didn't feel foreign when sung by them especially after having done 'Kimi wa Doko ni Iru?'. As a sister group of AKB48, any of idol/sugar filled song from AKB48 of course sounds at naturally at home.

I wonder how Setouchi no Koe would sound sung by NGT48 especially now they have a song like Kimi no News in their setlist.

As a casual fan I am so impressed with the NGT48 group currently and I am slowly buying CDs where NGT48 had a part in.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  18. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    I wish I could like your comments. So great!
    We can sum up the NGT management by this video:
    https://www.youpak.com/watch?v=pPU5MPY7g_M&index=2&list=PLBUXnaXEG7iC5n8HdLtr-_5j6w4GLiqHu
    Or this picture:
    DEiobYMUAAAN3XB.jpg

When a group focuses on promoting each member identity as well as the group unity, when each member knows she is unique and is an important part of the bonds, you know they will succeed. I wish other groups/teams can do something similar :)

19. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ I feel that since the (at the time) extremely unusual Team 8 philosophy of 'flat hierarchy' among members, and what that meant for group cohesion, began to show results (around the time of NGT's debut, not surprisingly)... other groups' mgmt tried to incorporate some of the lessons learned into their own members... but none as well or as completely, as NGT*.

Sasshi is only sporadically in and depending on mgmt to run the show while she divides her time between her TV appearances, her other idol groups, and Fukuoka. That's very similar to how she handled HKT after they became popular, but back then she wasn't nearly as distracted as she is now. For Kitarie, NGT is her only focus -- and it's very obvious. Sasshi from late 2012 had similar focus... and similar success.

I also feel STU's audition process was quite different from NGT's -- it seemed as if STU were looking for specific skillsets in their members -- so perhaps it may not matter as much that their personalities seem to overlap quite a bit vs. NGT. Perhaps that was the criteria, if they were going to promote themselves via SR predominantly while the 'traditional' building of their raison d'etre 'face' to fans was being worked on. Remember they still haven't set sail yet (AFAIK)... so a lot of the framework upon which to base their uniqueness vs. NGT or any other sister group, hasn't been built yet.

But I agree, though... the longer you make your fans wait for what they expect... the higher those expectations become. The nightmare scenario is if they take too long to get it all together, and underwhelm. I hope not... way too many cuties in STU (including my Yumi) to face such a crushing blow so early.

* they are the gold standard of the Navy philosophy of 'every sailor is a fireman too'... ironically, STU shows hesitation in adopting this approach for its own theatre (despite their nautical theme :^^;: )... initial steps have not inspired confidence, for sure.

20. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Not sure if these have been posted here before. You see Mizu sensei and Miharu as their guides, some NGT48 practice sessions, NGT48 PR work at NST Smile Stadium and the 2 JKT48 members asking Imamura permisson to perform with the NGT48 members.

JKT48 & NGT48 - JAPAN TRY JAK TV EP 5 170205

EP 6 JKT48 & NGT48 @ JAPAN TRY JAK TV 170212

EP 7 JKT48 & NGT48 @ JAPAN TRY JAK TV 170219