[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
  2. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    http://sp.akb48.co.jp/feature/?hid=d8a9bc5a7502492378b3fc2329f018e3&
    The new AKB48 theater manager, Hosoi Takahiro, answered some question from fans in his "Question corner" on the mobile site. I translated two of them which might be of interest (I've seen these questions pop up on Stage, too):

Q: As the theater manager, in which direction do you want to lead AKB48 (AKB-only) in the future? Furthermore, how do you think the theater could be used more effectively?
    A: AKB48 is the group's pioneer, which is why I think this group should be the strongest and lead all the other groups forward. When we were communicating with fans, I fully realised that we need to increase the amount of team oshis and hako oshis - right now we're planning how to achieve that goal. As to how to effectively use the theater: first we need to create such a situation that team stages can be carried out successfully, and then I'd like to try organising new kinds of events at the theater.

Q: When will the D2 members be promoted?
    A: Right now there are vacant positions in the teams, which is why we're discussing the teams' composition and promotion of D2 members & KKS with all concerning parties.

Edit: Added the word "oshis" after "team" to prevent further confusion.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  3. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

"Increase the amount of teams"

With what?

4. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    "Increase the amount of team (oshis) and hako oshis" - I omitted the first "oshi" from there since it'd been repetitive. Nevertheless, they want to increase the number of fans who would support the whole group or individual teams.

5. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

Oshis? :)

There is no 's' on 'team' because it is associated with 'oshi' so the sentece refers to increase the number of team oshis and not to create more teams.

And I think AKB needs it and can benefit from it. It's been a time that I think AKB misses support as a whole group. Even here you can notice it sometimes.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

To do that you'd need to have full teams, who have a chemistry. And new stages (ideally original stages but we know the chances of that are slim/none) to build the bonds and get the members and fans actually invested in the teams. Also get back to doing team songs and team tours.

7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Two of the teams have chemistry (though K will no longer be full once Nao and Shimada graduate). A and B have too wide a gap between their senpai and kouhai members, so I don't think that was possible even before they starting bleeding out. But yeah, along with filling the teams out again with members who actually fit together, they really need to increase the team building activities.

8. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    There are like what, 11 members on Team B? Making more teams is a ridiculous idea. I'm wondering if that's a mistranslation of "increasing the teams" meaning "adding more members to the teams". At this point there have been enough graduations it would be totally do-able to dissolve Team 4 again and just go down to Teams A, K, and B.

9. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    As I explained above, the translation is correct: I only omitted the "oshis" from "Increase the amount of team (oshis) and hako oshis" since it'd been repetitive. The end of the sentence means that they want to increase the number of fans who would support the whole group or individual teams.

10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Some people saw the letter s when it wasn't there. That then confused others.

"Increase the number of team (as an adjective, not a noun) and hako (an adjective) oshis." Both team and hako modify oshis. There was no s to be seen after team.

11. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    lol if you think about it there is no way they would increase the number of teams =__=

And the best news wee should be discussing is D2 probably finally getting their long deserved promotion very soon. Maybe in Janken.

12. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Sounds like it's another word for, "I think this group should be prioritized the most compared to other groups.".
    Oh well...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

The first thing they need is to get other people to write the songs. Maybe form a production team with Akip as head, seriously tho Akip doesnt need to write the entire discography. No one cares about stage songs and b-sides so he should just take care of the A-sides and some other important songs and the stages and b-sides to others.

Once there are new materials, the girls can have a own songs aka identity and the fans wouldnt get bored

14. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Shimono Yuki is going to perform in Team B's performances on August 1st.
    You know the situation is bad when you bring support members from other groups to perform with you...

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Shouldn't they start using the kks for that? Uggg.

Do the 17th audition already!

16. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    They just got a new stage, so I don't see promotions coming anytime soon. But as Unders? definitely.

17. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

:yikes: bizarre...

18. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Dun mean to be rude to any one but with the above type of action, it's no wonder it will fuel arguements in regards to AKB being pure, should only consist of blar blar ....

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Experiment before transfer in reshuffle?

20. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

^Would make sense but will there be a point? I just quickly checked her W48 page and she is barely surviving in HKT, let alone AKB