1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 18th [Nigemizu] (2017/08/09)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 25, 2017.

1. mousou

mousou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    damn my impression about momoko really change., i thought she will be fail push, but she looks really promising now. i am worried about yoda tho

2. woque

woque Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Yoda will be okay. She is after all the fan favorite. Sure, she lacks the expression and charisma but i would give her the benefit of a rookie. She did wow me during FNS Kayousai (that Seifuku no Mannequin performance!) last december. This w-center chance is a good experience to learn from nogi senpais and I am excited to see how she'll improve.

3. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

The way you see Momo before most probably is the way you see Yoda today. Depending on how management moves pieces forward after this, I have complete faith in Yoda, she will do better, and even more :)
    These 3rd gens are the real deal. And we haven't seen what Kubo & Zuki have in store for us.

4. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

WOW..

that MV

their costume.. i like it so much

and nanase, maiyan at early minutes so gorgeous, maiyan image fits wonder woman.. IMO

nanase ... whoa. her looks . even she is not your oshi. she still gonna catch your heart dude hahahaha

and asuka. well my oshi

and i just got the feeling, that she will get more job regarding this wonder woman collab.. and maybe just maybe... THEY tried to make asuka become the top 3 member
    well nanamin grad then her place is empty... remember that time when they call the top 3 is nanase, maiyan, nanamin (i forgot about their rank) but as you can see in many kind of rank.. asuka get in 2nd.. while the 1st is nanase nor maiyan

this MV is damn gorgeous

5. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    This MV reminds me of Mad Max. :)

6. ranze

ranze Kenkyuusei

I noticed something small. Her name is Yoda Yuki. Yuki means snow and she has ice powers in this. Nice detail. Don't know if that was intended though

7. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Good observation, but that's not how it works :)
    When working with Kanji names (be it Japanese or Chinese) we can't infer the meaning just from how it sounds, but we have to see the Kanji character that is used. True, Yuki means snow, but only if the kanji looks like this '雪'
    Yuki in Yodachan's name uses the kanji of '祐希' where '祐' means help/protection and '希' means rare, so it actually has nothing to do with snow. The same can be said to Bananaman Himura's name, Himura Yuki, as his name also isn't related to snow. Or Kashiwagi Yuki.

But creativity knows no bounds, so let's just say they could intentionally do that as a pun :XD:
    Though I personally doubt it.

8. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I had no doubt of Momoko's centering position ever since Sanbanme. And recently she has shown lots of growth in other areas too, such as variety, interview, etc. The girl is really promising, she is a fast learner.

9. Hikari P.

Hikari P. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    You deserve a +1

Maiyan and Naa-chan w-center kills everytime when the management can't really decide the center. They give different aura and totally packed (in term of management favor and fandom's) In 3rd gen case I guess they're testing Monoko and Yoda to make a strong w-center like the first gens

Maiyan and Naachan looks like 10 years younger in ww collab

10. kashiwagi ne

kashiwagi ne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I think to rate nanase and maiyan it's clear nanase at the top (first) do you think nanase is famous just because mngmnt push? Wrong. She also has solid fans. Proven in every HS she the fastest sales. While maiyan? She is only famous for magazine models. So if you want to rank the first Nanase, second asuka, And third maiyan. And I think maiyan has been too long in the front row. Come on mngmnt need to send her back in the second row. Sorry if my word is too frontal. But this is real.

11. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Nah...Maiyan has more public recognition, that explains how her latest PB sold almost 2x Nanase's PB. In many public polls, she won against Nanase too. But Nanase has a deeper hardcore fans.
    And it has been many singles back that Maiyan sold out her HS as fast as Nanase (before her hiatus from HS). About being too long in front row, why not?? as long as she's still the face of Nogi who excels in both fanbase and general public.

Maiyan and Nanase are the two fronts, who is 1st or 2nd just depends on perspective. Asuka comes 3rd for sure.

12. haryo48

haryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    make maiyan to 3rd of Nogi kind weird. Her PB sold over 200k and many girls adore her beauty. If I rate top 3 Nogi would be Maiyan > Nanase > Asuka = Ikuta.

13. kashiwagi ne

kashiwagi ne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    We cannt speak to the many fans who love They idols. What makes them excel is how to treat them. Is it reasonable to compare with pb? I think if nanase releases pb again she can match even beyond maiyan. They released a different year. There is no physical proof that maiyan is superior to nanase. One thing to keep in mind that why nanase is seeded is when she starts everything from behind there is no fukujin seduction. She hard work that made mngmnt like Her. I think maiyan does not have a business that is too hard that's why mngmnt not give her solo center position again after the girls rule. And maybe she will get when graduation.

14. kashiwagi ne

kashiwagi ne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    But now in idol world she has already begun to drown. Whether just by relying on pb sales so that people have an interest in it? Hmm i think the time is getting closer.

15. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I think you're completely subjective. If sales number or public poll isn't physical proof, then what is physical proof? management's favor is physical proof that Nanase is superior? that's not even a proof.
    But whatever... Whoever is superior in your eyes or my eyes doesn't make or break these girls.

16. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Maiyan is the Ace of Nogi since the beginning .
    With that in mind Maiyan is the top Nogi Member
    Here's my Take
    1. Maiyan( public recognition and casual fans)
    2. Nanase ( lesser public recognition but more hardcore fans
    3. Ashurin/ Ikuta
    4, Miona
    5. Manatsu \ Reika

17. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Mmmkay, this is a data about showroom followers. May be a small proof to see the people's interest.
    Screenshot_2017-07-27-14-50-56.jpg

18. Hikari P.

Hikari P. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    @kashiwagi ne It's nonsense to make those kind of comparisons. What you see adorable in your eyes sometimes will not be the same for the others.

Naachan was pushed because she was in awkward state in variety shows. Later she became comfortable with the atmosphere and her efforts on stage plus the push made her some public recognition and got her new hardcore wotas.

On the other hand, Maiyan carried the group to success alongside with her modelling career. If you say "not well/equally treated" it would definitely be Maiyan. Look back to earlier Nogi shows and you will recognize a bit.

I don't like making long winded arguments and I'll stop here

Ps: It is a wrong place to discuss members rating. There's a rating thread in forum fyi

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  19. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Whoops, sorry I have to butt in too. This one is coming from a fan who loves both idols.
    Management loves Nanase more than Maiyan, period. If we boil it down there will be two major factors regarding an idol's success; management favor & fans favor (let's just simplify things by including public recognition in fans favor). They aren't completely separate though, as they influence each other to some extent.

Maiyan has always been more in the fans favor side, without much being given from management favor. Compared to Naachan, the popularity she has now is more about her hardwork with a little help from management.
    Naachan, on the other hand is having both fans favor and management favor. Management know she is liked and give their all to support her, and that makes her what she is now. Just compare how many times Naachan is featured in gravure magazines (this is excluding the fashion magz they have contract with), compare how many times Naachan is given solo song, compare how many times Naachan is given center position, all to Maiyan, and you will see. That's what you call a push. A successful one at that, ofc.

But both are equal in terms of popularity, and in the eyes of most fans. People even already gave some numbers above for you to consider.
    Seeing Maiyan can stand side by side with Naachan, and even exceeding her in some fields, is already a feat. She manages to come this far with less help.
    I don't know what kind of source you have so you form that opinion, but you may want to change that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Peeps saying,
    While my database says differently....
    upload_2017-7-27_16-15-1.png
    ==================================
    Nogizaka 18th Single 4th round HS results
    rank. (prev. rank.) sold slots/total slots (+change) member name (sold out status)
    nogi18-4.jpg
    01. (01.) 30/30 (+05) Akimoto Manatsu (2nd round sold out) (Sold out!!)
    01. (02.) 30/30 (+05) Eto Misa (2nd round sold out) (Sold out!!)
    01. (03.) 30/30 (+05) Saito Asuka (2nd round sold out) (Sold out!!)
    01. (04.) 30/30 (+05) Hori Miona (2nd round sold out) (Sold out!!)
    05. (05.) 30/30 (+08) Shinuchi Mai (Sold out!!)
    06. (06.) 30/30 (+10) Inoue Sayuri (Sold out!!)
    07. (07.) 20/20 (+00) Wakatsuki Yumi (2nd round sold out)
    07. (08.) 24/24 (+04) Kubo Shiori (2nd round sold out) (Sold out!!)
    07. (09.) 24/24 (+04) Yamashita Mizuki (2nd round sold out) (Sold out!!)
    07. (10.) 24/24 (+04) Yoda Yuki (2nd round sold out) (Sold out!!)
    11. (11.) 29/30 (+05) Takayama Kazumi
    12. (12.) 24/24 (+04) Umezawa Minami (3rd round sold out) (Sold out!!)
    13. (13.) 25/30 (+01) Hoshino Minami
    14. (14.) 26/30 (+08) Terada Ranze
    15. (15.) 24/24 (+07) Ozono Momoko (Sold out!!)
    16. (16.) 20/20 (+05) Ikuta Erika (2nd round sold out) (Sold out!!)
    17. (17.) 23/25 (+04) Sakurai Reika
    18. (18.) 18/18 (+03) Ito Riria (3rd round sold out) (Sold out!!)
    19. (19.) 19/30 (+07) Saito Yuri
    20. (20.) 18/30 (+10) Watanabe Miria
    21. (21.) 17/25 (+05) Ito Marika
    22. (22.) 18/30 (+11) Higuchi Hina
    23. (23.) 15/30 (+11) Kitano Hinako
    24. (24.) 14/30 (+12) Yamazaki Rena
    25. (25.) 13/18 (+05) Sakaguchi Tamami
    26. (26.) 12/18 (+02) Iwamoto Renka
    27. (27.) 09/30 (+06) Suzuki Ayane
    28. (28.) 08/17 (+03) Mukai Hazuki
    29. (29.) 08/12 (+05) Sato Kaede
    30. (30.) 07/12 (+04) Nakamura Reno
    31. (31.) 06/30 (+06) Ikoma Rina
    32. (31.) 05/12 (+03) Yoshida Ayano Christie
    33. (33.) 05/30 (+05) Nakada Kana
    34. (33.) 04/13 (+02) Sagara Iori
    35. (35.) 04/13 (+04) Noujo Ami
    36. (35.) 03/12 (+02) Saito Chiharu
    36. (37.) 03/06 (+02) Sasaki Kotoko
    38. (38.) 03/16 (+03) Ito Karin
    39. (38.) 02/13 (+02) Ito Junna
    40. (38.) 00/12 (+00) Kawago Hina
    40. (38.) 00/12 (+00) Kawamura Mahiro
    40. (38.) 00/06 (+00) Wada Maaya
    Total 654/930 (+197 since 3rd round) [70.3%]
    1st gen total 309/445 (+80) [69.4%]
    2nd gen total 154/258 (+69) [59.7%]
    3rd gen total 191/227 (+48) [84.1%]​
    634/862 (+20) last single (Increase over 17th single 4th round)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017