1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sato Sumire (Suuchan) / AKB48 7th Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  2. yumesuki

yumesuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
  3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Suuchan's 2017 SSK Appeal Video

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    her ssk poster:
    sato sumire.jpg

5. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    I can't believe nobody has posted on this thread since May 21st! Especially since she ranked yesterday!!? Where is everyone???

Sumire ranked 68th and I'm so so happy and proud of her. In an election dominated by the new generations she was one of the few old gen members, who are not a management favorite, who was able to rally the fans and get her rank! Her votes were higher then the last TWO years! She's making it harder for Yusua to ignore her! I was unsure I was going to vote this year, as I could have used the money I alotted for personal issues, but in the end I purchased tickets and I am so happy! With my 75 votes I was able to move her from 69th to 68th!!! :D Its so cool to be able to make a difference like that. Even if we do not get the bus tour and the calendar for ranking her above 31st.

She sent out a mobile message earlier that read:

I was able to be ranked a selection general election, the 68th place!

A miracle happened (≧∇≦) Thank you to everyone who voted! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

Though I did not arrive in the 31st place, it is entirely good. I am satisfied this year. This year I did not have any media exposure. This year I had a significant period of time pass after I was removed from selection, and the sad thought did not end. Therefore I did my best in the all truth. I have a feeling that the real ability, guts were shown.

Are you alone in Horipro?
    T_T Where the power of the office is not said in this. After all it was good that I ran for a general election. Though it is reliable, as for it being the first to be ranked, it has a meaning I show courage above all, and to show up in person. I was able to have fun during the election period when it could not be said that it was not hot at all. (?) A fan and a member become one towards the same aim. I thought the time was wonderful. I packed a speech with what I wanted to say! I write it in the line blog afterward!

As for coming one year again I'll do my best. It is 48 groups where I do not know what happens. Though it is me who sometimes dangle future graduation, everybody pushing me up to here is my pride. Love.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  6. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Sorry! I'm mainly active on facebook and with the Japanese Sumire fans anymore... so I dont come on here that often. (Too much drama anymore) I meant to do the polls this year and I forgot! *shrinks into a corner*

Sumire truly has a special bond with her fans. Im so proud of her grace in everything. She takes everything well though not lying down.She has made no secret of her dislike of not being chosen for senbatsu which I think takes guts. Hopefully we will see her return this year. I can not wait for the election magazine! I'm sure she will look amazing! :^O^:

7. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Sumire got to center Everyday Kachuusha during the Zepp Nagoya concerts. No video yet but here is to hoping. You can also see her in this video.

https://twitter.com/obatayunachan/status/887795855897501697

Her AikaBu video

Also one of her and Suzuran's performances during a handshake event. (Credit to uploader.)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  8. ferryo

ferryo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    It's too bad, she didn't make it to preliminary Janken Tournament. :(

9. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    I didn't think there was much more management could do to my oshi to make me mad... but they just performed Coquettish on tv without her.... Rara in her position and Obata Yuna in her costume. All of the other groups allow existing members of a senbatsu to continue performing that song on tv. I don't understand why they don't. I wish we would get a management shuffle soon....:asdfgh:

10. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    @KPKgirl
    Maybe she had a different schedule and couldn't attend the performance? i don't know her schedule so I'm just speculating here but from what I know, girls are replaced because they're underage or have to attend somewhere else...or they're injured/sick

11. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    She had K'z Station with Makiko, Araichan and Masana that day so maybe that's why

12. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    I'm not sure what to make of the claims that Sumire is kind of rude at akushukai. I honestly haven't gone to one in quite some time now, as the rules have gotten ridiculous enough that they really aren't "idols you can meet" or anything close to it anymore, but she's still the only reason I pay any attention to the 48 groups nowadays. My friend still goes though and I haven't heard anything like that from him.

It wouldn't surprise me if she has gotten sick of being an idol by now. She's getting old enough that even her dance moms mother has probably stopped pushing her into it. She remains my kamioshi until the very end though. It is my duty to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who, during the eruption of Vesuvius, died at his post because they forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be an idol wota.

13. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Sumire has said multiple times that she wants to get back into senbatsu. I think she's tired of being pushed aside for "fresher faces" when she's done her time and proves her vitality and popularity. In my opinion it was a good move for her initially to move to SKE, that was when they had fresh managment, when Yusua returned he went back to buisness as normal and started choosing his favorites and the old stand by's. Of course we've seen their sales dwindle since his return to. She's tired of being a theater girl too - which is why I think she didnt apply for renacchi senbatsu this time around. I think her handshakes are being more successful since she admitted to SKE Hako Oshi's being a big power behind her push and sticking with her during her ssk speech. She keeps talking about 7th generations 10th anniversary stage too, which isnt until December 2018. I think we have a year before she starts thinking about graduation, but no matter

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  14. hinapyon

hinapyon Member

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    I met her in June and she was absolutely kami to me. <3

I think Suu has reached that point her idol career that everyone knows her days are limited. If there's a space in senbatsu, or they're looking for a member to push, priority will go to young up-and-comers; and I think that's fine. Most members realise this and turn their attention from 'pushing themselves' to 'pushing their juniors'. (at least in public) And Suu has recently been making a big deal out of promoting the kids; every stage or performance she makes a point of taking pics with the younger gens/drafts; and there's her recent 'Suu School' series where she interviews and advises younger members.
    She's carved out a decent place for herself in SKE, especially her friendship with J means the pair get a duet in almost evey concert, she was centering performances at the latest concert as well. She does decently in SSK and HS, and I think management knows at this point pushing her furthur won't increase sales (they didn't really increase when she was in senbatsu). Being part of E I think is a big help since they feel like the most active team; they certainly have been all over promoting the new stage CDs. She has better name recognition in 48G compared to most SKEs.
    Not letting her take her place in senbatsu performances is pretty painful to us fans, but for SKE management pushing new members is more important, and I'm willing to overlook it if she has other work.

At this point Suu is the most senior member in SKE, and one of the top in 48G as a whole. Only Miichan, Yukirin, Shiichan, Myao, Sasshi and Chikarina sit above her. I can see her announcing grad at 7th gen anniversary (she is the last 7th gen after all), if not before.

Actually the thing I'm saltiest about is the cancellation of Suu Senbatsu after it was announced. I feel like SKE management approved it, announced it, then someone higher up the 48G foodchain shot it down after finding out through the announcement.

15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I met her at a 2-shot back in March and I found her to be very friendly and pleasant, also she spoke good English. I've also been wondering about her future, I think she was in a theatre play earlier this year. so maybe she's thinking of going down the acting route? I hope she does stay in SKE48 for a while longer but I do wonder if she might be leaving before too long.

16. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Acting/modeling I think is her path. Especially after match girl. She was in several plays last year, though this year I think she's focusing on SKE vs individual activities.

17. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    I thought it was cancelled because MeiMei graduated and she was supposed to be center? She had been talking about Sumire senbatsu for atleast a year before it was approved....

18. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    From Yuihan thread:
    yuioct181.jpg
    [ENG] 横山由依‏@Yui_yoko1208 Twitter October 28, 2017

ナゴヤドーム握手会ありがとうございました(#^.^#)✨

合同握手会なのでSKEのすーちゃんにも会えました。
    休憩の時話したりんちゃん。

前髪ほんまはこーなっててほしいな
    という希望写真です。
    メイクさんによると踊るとオン眉になるようです、、

Thank you very much for the Nagoya Dome Handshake Event (#^.^#)✨

Because it was a joint handshake event, I was able to meet SKE's Suu-chan.
    Rin-chan spoke with me during a break.

'I really want you to have bangs like in this photograph'
    'It stays on your eyebrow when you're dancing', according to makeup-san

Translate by Nirooni Yuihan Team

**Miss Suu-chan in Yokoyama Team A.. :(:cry2:

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato

Thanks for sharing this! I miss her in AKB sometimes too... though she was really drowning in the number of girls there so I understand her wanting to move.

20. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Suuchan announced her graduation from SKE at today's Team E performance. She'll graduate after about a month (before the year's end), and she'll also graduate from the entertainment industry.

• Informative Informative x 1