1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

You think fans of sister group members are suddenly going to pony up money to see sato kiara?

2. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Did I miss something? Why would they have to drop all SG members? and why would they lose loads of money and the singles streak? Its just about the senbatsu right? I never thought it would go that far.

3. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Nope, but is reasonable to assume that something like that would increase sgs sales.

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Bringing this back up because now SKE48, HKT48, NGT48, and JKT48 Videos aren't blocked in the US anymore as well.

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I've seen this type of thing posted here before but it's just not correct. It doesn't take into account the "long tail" theory "When consumers are offered infinite choice, the true shape of demand is revealed. And it turns out to be less hit-centric than we thought. People gravitate towards niches because they satisfy narrow interests better, and in one aspect of our life or another we all have some narrow interest (whether we think of it that way or not)."

The 48 group has many girls so as to fill many niches, you want a sporty girl? you want a princess type? you want a rebellious type? you want a girl that likes anime? you want a girl that likes fishing? tennis? guitar? one that has long hair? short hair? big boobs? is chibi? you got all of them and many more.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The only thing I have against the current state of things is the invasion of SG in senbatsu.
    Just limit it to two per SG and create some "I wasn't chosen!" drama.

The SG are getting 2.5 singles a year (with the bside in AKB's spring single) and I think that's plenty.

You can't deny that there is a certain unfairness when an AKB girl like Nomura Nao (graduated D2) appeared in just ONE song in two years (and because of janken) and other girls like Vivian (another D2) have had four already (and centered one of them!).

It's just disheartening.

It's all about giving the girls a chance to gain fans.
    Do you think we would have seen Sally's meteoric rise had she just participated in one or two songs since she joined in?
    I doubt it.

7. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Btw, regional restriction for 48G YouTube has been lifted. This include 3rd party uploads (like showroom videos). I've just checked my uploads, and yes, the viewing restriction is removed on all the videos.

8. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    That means SKE48, HKT48 and JKT48 are now unblocked as well?

Almost certain not NGT48 though. They're Sony, but although they're unblocked elsewhere outside of Japan, Sony's one of those labels (if they're not subject to Japan-only geoblock like Nogizaka46 and Keyakizaka46 are without Vevo) that are still subject to the YouTube Red blockade (in the USA, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea)... AKS would have the green light but not Sony.

9. Rurouni

Only tested it using vpn (using us server) and so far everyone will be pleased, including US NGT48 fans.
    I'm not sure what was written when people from US watching NGT48 YT but I assume it said something like AKS bla bla bla? Afaik, the copyright owner of the content is AKS. If it's up to Sony, the channel would be limited to Japanese only like most Sony artist but NGT48 follows other 48G channel (was restricted in YT RED countries).

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Glad to see somebody else mention this as well (I already had , but it got lost in the Replies).

11. Rurouni

I'm mentioning it again because unlike when they first removed the restriction from AKB channel, this time 3rd party uploads restriction are also lifted. People on the YT RED countries should now be able to find a lot more SR content on YT.

12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

And the rest of the world is hoping that Americans are finally going to stop whining about AKB on youtube :awesome:

13. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    You can like many type of girls, but paying money to meet them is a completely different thing.

14. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

THIS. Old AKB had no sister group members in A-sides and they sold perfectly well. The current issue is created by the management. There is just so many sister groups that the wotas are more spread. I have seen so many people "migrate" from AKB to a new group like NGT whether it's just kami-oshi or entirely. The issue is also too much reliance on the sister group members. Sister groups get twice the exposure vs AKB. If you're young and/or popular in a sister group, you get push in both your own group and AKB while members like Yamabe Ayu haven't even participated in one original song in almost 2.5 years of joining. Other hand, Hana joined around the same time and she has participated in 7 A-sides with 2 centers, 8 B-sides with 2 centers and one solo, and 1 duet on an album. Heck, even Aayan who joined less than 1.5 years ago got 3 A-sides and 3 B-sides. How are you going to ask someone that has nothing to compete with someone that management favors? It's just like a science experiment. When you bias or believe in something, you can manipulate the outcome.

When you're getting double the push, it's no doubt that you'll get popular. What does that mean? More popular sister group members and less popular AKB members because positions are "robbed" from them. Unlike SG members, AKB members don't get to "rob" positions from SGs unless they have kennin which is very rare. I'm not saying to completely remove sister group members but there has to be a limit. You can't just throw in a 3:4 ratio for AKB and SG members. It's unnecessary to have rising members there. They can stabilize their position in the fandom/group first and then join AKB's A-sides.

• Like Like x 1
  15. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Words of wisdom.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

16. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Sorry but you're wrong there.
    AKB boomed starting from Oogoe Diamond, Jurina centre.
    I don't think it was SKE's fault at all* but they certainly added sales.

The best selling AKB48 song with zero SG members in senbatsu was Boku no Taiyou with 29k copies sold overall.

*The real reason was the label change but the point stands. We've never seen AKB sell well on it's own.

17. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: Wishful thinking.. Take out all SG in 2011-2013, and the sales would be definitely more than a million copies. But yeah, the fact is they (SG) already there. So technically, AKB never sells a million copies on their own. The question is, did they sell well because of SG back then?? :lol::lol: wishful thinking..

Currently, I agree, Its a bit different. SG members are needed. So many members from SG are very popular. Only Mayuyu and Yukirin are still beyond their level (we're not talking about sasshi included ;)).

18. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

But let's not forget that that was years and years ago when AKB was fairly new. That's like comparing someone's stamina from when they were young vs when they're old except it's vice versa. Let me rephrase, little SG members* aka Jurina and Rena only. At the time Oogoe Diamond was released, only Jurina was there from SKE.

19. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I acknowledged the reason why AKB started selling well wasn't SG. All I'm saying is that they never sold well without them.
    But SG definitely helped.
    Jurina and Rena were permanent senbatsu as of Beginner, the first million. Take SKE's HS sales out of beginner (11% of total sold slots) and SDNs it's not a million seller any more. Perhaps fans would have tried harder. Perhaps. Perhaps without the ~10% bonus of SKE and ~5% bonus of SDN they never would have gained momentum enough to appeal to the general audience in 2011~3. Probably not, but we'll never know.
    What we do know is that tandoku AKB never made it to top 3 in Oricon. And again, all I'm saying is that this example of OG AKB selling excellently on it's own isn't accurate.

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

An AKBonly single would probablyfall to 500k.
    It would boost the SG sales though, as the fans would have to buy their singles to attend their HS.

Thing is, AKB is the brand that everyone recognises, while the SG are basically an extra.

I stand by my previous post.
    Limit the SG in senbatsu to two and give the rest to AKB girls.

A: Annin, Yui, Hiiwatan
    K: Miion, Miichan
    B: Yukirin, Renacchi, Seichan
    4: Naachan, Juri, Kojimako, Sayaya
    8: Yuiyui, Kuranoo, Hijirin, Ikumin
    KKS: Satopii, Zunchan

SKE: Jurina, Nao
    NMB: Sayanee, Mirurun
    HKT: Sasshi, Sakura
    NGT: Ogiyuka, Rika
    STU: Yumirin, Hina

I don't see how that would upset anyone lol

Heck, the fact that Satopii ranked being 13 should have sent management in a frenzy.
    Youhave a young member ranking and you don't plaster Akihabara with her face? wtf

• Like Like x 1