1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert The 3rd AKB48Group Draft Kaigi (18/01/21)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 24, 2017.

1. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I still don't know how that will work.

2. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

You are actually so brave for comming out and saying this (for real, I enjoyed your comment and I like your frankness), but as someone said in other thread...yamete generalizing :blush:

3. azuki

azuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odaerina
    Everyone has different tastes, and most prefer more personality than just boobs or butt. That alone won't carry them far, at least I don't see many that rely only on it and nothing else.
    Just my 2cents.

Anyway it seems 90 got dropped cos of her junior idol past? I'm not sure. Seems like she also made some remarks that are slightly pushing it. (<- I might have read wrongly, don't quote me on this.)
    No idea how true it is... but... If the junior idol past was an issue, I wonder why they even bother letting her participate.
    Then again she admitted herself she did badly during auditions. But still I don't see why they would drop someone who's sellable.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    http://setouchi48g.ldblog.jp/archives/20087912.html

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  4. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Probably it is the same for them (management)... Lol
    Initially they probably wanted to let the fans pick the member. The problem is probably management hold some data that can't be shared to the public/fans but might influence the result thus theater manager is included to bridge it.
    Anyway, the really important thing that I'm waiting to hear is how they will chose the fans to represent the group/team? Also it would be nice if some member can also represent their group/team but maybe with the manager involvement, those member can discuss it with the manager and the manager will communicate with the fans. I don't think they will let the fans communicate directly with the member.

5. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    @azuki: can you tell something more about what is written in the video? I gather something like 90 has been given two million yen worth in towers... o_o

As for the past, Oshima Yuko comes into mind. Statistics say that such candidate is a win.

Might have been something like it was said few posts ago about Moeka: contract with I***** could be still relevant. I did not see many switches away from I***** previously, so I can't tell is there is a non-compete clause and for how long.

(I'm still curious, why lawyers simply couldn't reach an agreement in such cases - 90 has proven herself in SHOWROOK to be profitable enough to warrant talks...)

Is her post-audition SHOWROOM available and is anyone willing to summarize it?

Edit: it was linked as "next video" after watching the last one. Thanks, youtube :^^;:

佐々木桃華14歳 ギター弾き語り AKB48オーディション最終日号泣 Sasaki Momoka

6. azuki

azuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odaerina
    @goratnik Sorry, I'm not too sure right now. Seems like I read wrong earlier... But just from what I gather off the dictionary, it seems like there's too many conflicting statements. Some say "she's good enough to sing while playing the guitar", others say "Well in AKB48 you don't even need sing to easily pass" or it's ok to be tone deaf in AKB48 etc

Seems like they wanted a more convincing statements from the judges or something? Or maybe a majority vote for her to be in. And because it's split too evenly around 50/50 they decided to drop her.
    (Which is completely stupid imo considering how much she sells. Skill levels can always be raised after they enter - to a certain extent of course. Hopeless cases will always be there)

7. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    @azuki @goratnik: It says approximately: "Sasaki, who was extremely popular and clear 1st in received money gifts in the SR competition, was thought to be a sure pass, but to everyone's surprise she failed. The reason was thought to be the singing exam, but everyone thought it's strange: 'She's so good she can even sing while playing guitar! You should easily get in AKB even if you're tone deaf! It's impossible she'd fail in singing!' Now, the true reason has become clear: she was a junior idol and played in an 'obscene' video."

8. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Just grab a popcorn and see what happens lol

Understandable, guess this was the true reason why she was dropped after all.

Now I probably guess 22 was too dirty of a SKE wota that disgusted the judges to drop her since she fail to sell the "pure idol" thing jk (well she was the purest of all when I saw her profile pic :XD:)

9. Daisyofc

Daisyofc Kenkyuusei

Damn I fall to No.2 just bcs her oshi is Yuihan and Kitarie besides she is cute.
    Her dream is become AKB48 or NGT48 member.
    Heol let see if she make it.
    Glad she notice me

Sent from my Lenovo P1ma40 using Tapatalk

10. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I feel sorry for the kid. She was a junior idol, really how much agency can a child have to not participate in an obscene video or in junior idol dvds? Kids don't know better.... And now her career is ruined before it had a chance to start.

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Not necessarily. K46 has a front girl who released a junior idol dvd not too long before joining that group. And the same holds true for any number of JIdol groups.

12. azuki

azuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odaerina
    It's really strange though, when you consider that there have been precedent cases. Ooshima Yuko was also a junior idol before she joined AKB48

13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

She was involved in a genre which is legal in Japan. People are surmising a conclusion based on very little evidence. She may have failed the audition for a number of reasons. As others have said, being a junior idol isn't a block to being an idol, others have and do make the transition, the members of Ladybaby were junior idols too iirc.

14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Any of them gonna break Kurashima Ami (SKE48 KKS)'s as youngest member of 48? Even anyone born in 2006?

15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Late to the party, but...

@Matsui Hikari while I agree with your post about the +18, you also have to take into consideration that joining at such a “late” age is counterproductive to the girls’ success in the group.

Sure, there are girls like Sally who join even later (at 19/20) and just click with the fans, but those kind of stories are rare.

The point of girls joining at a younger age is that the fans have more time to warm up to them and invest in them by the time they’re 18/19. They can buy their HS in bulk and vote like crazy for them and it’ll give them more opportunities, thus making them happy to stay even longer in the group.

Look at Mirurun.
    She is a NMB 1st gen, but it took her 4 years for her popularity to explode (Kibouteki Refrain inclusion) and has just kept rising since.
    She’s now 20 and ready to take her place as center of NMB.

Girls who join at a later age have to be recognised quickly if they want to go up the ranks, but they’ll have to fence off those who’ve been doing it for years.

Unless they just love the group and want to perform on the sane stage Acchan and Yuko performed not caring about sales, rankings and the rest and they’re happy being theatre girls, but that is rarely the case.

18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Yeah, except they're not.

Nishigata Marina too, Kaotan, Takahata Yuki, Iso Kanae, not to mention the members of the early gens of AKB who were 19 or over when they joined.

There are some other weapons that an older girl has, they can do activities later in the evening than younger girls because of the labour laws in Japan. They can also go straight into doing bikini gravure and build their popularity through that.

Also you're cherry-picking very selectively by picking out Mirurun, one could just as easily cite Shimoguchi Hinana for instance of the literally dozens of others who join young and never get popular.

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@Reveen first gens have it easier no matter the group. They don’t have to push around for the screen time that much when they’re 20 girls as when they’re 50 in their group.

And yes, not all the girls who join while they’re young will make it big.
    Naanya, Renarin, Hinana and plenty of girls just never make it.

But then you have Miku and Yuiyui, who are popular, young and probably won’t leave in years.

I really don’t care about the girls’ age, tbh.
    But it’s obvious (to me) that it’s bettr for the group’s future to have girls who are in for the long run.

I’m gay, I’m just here for the drama (cue stage.txt)!

20. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

So, something new, it seems like Naachan was addressing the 3rd draft Okada Rina thing for her birthday SR lol. Naachan was saying that they have the same name but different kanji and her sister is not in the draft. Seems like someone has gotten the attention of Naachan :shifty: The SR was on 11/14 but I just got to watching LOL

13:27~14:20