1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Actually, it was today; the 15th

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    What time zone are you in? I am pretty sure it is the 16th in Japan.

"6:47:23 am JST
    Thursday, November 16, 2017"

4. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    CET. I was 100% sure it was already in Japan when I posted it because it was 10pm for me and I know there's a pretty big gap ^^; I assumed (but I apologise if I was wrong) @Rurouni doesn't live in Asia and it was still the 15th when he posted it & since there are quite a lot of European and American people in this forum, I just wanted to clarify her birthday is the 15th. If he was referring to the 15th with 'yesterday' it's my mistake, though.

5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Today is the 16th, 7:13 AM JST, at the time of this post. @Rurouni posted on the 15th, 1:44PM EST today for me so that means it's the 16th 3:44AM JST. Therefore, the post should've been "yesterday." Does it really matter?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  6. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    JST is 14 hours ahead of EST, so if it's 1.44pm EST then it's 3.44am JST.

I lived in Japan, and I am quite sure it was actually 3.44am when Rurouni posted.

7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It doesn't... I just wanted to clarify her birthday was on the 15th bc it might be ambigous. It was ambigous to me. If I made a post at 3am and I said "yesterday" I would probably refer to two calendar days before.

I already said it's my mistake if he did intend to say the 15th when he said "yesterday."

8. Harumin87

Harumin87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Hahahaha funny!! And Nana did really good, most of girls can't even understand when asked what is their names lol

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

9. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I think right now a lot of members know how to answer "what's your name?" question. Actually, they probably only know about how to answer that question :^^;:
    Yesterday (Thursday) she was doing a karaage-kun campaign job with Megu, Komi, Yuihan, and Juri
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    https://7gogo.jp/8MzNeLxhqm1x/6943
    https://goo.gl/UgkoAj
    https://goo.gl/nYr7b5
    https://goo.gl/LtZ8Nb
    https://goo.gl/fq1oim

She is also set to appear on MSte today. You can also see her on Buzz Rhythm later on the same day.
    [​IMG]
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/257112

Tomorrow (Saturday) is a HS event at Pacifico Yokohama.

Also on this week AKB newspaper, the interview with Miichan, Yuiri, and Naachan is about "Captain Theory"
    https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/201711160000628.html

What Naachan will not be in it is 11/20 (Mon) Kamikyoku, 11/21 (Tue) Team 4, and 11/23 (Thu) National HS.
    She also said that she has (had? will have?) a happy job that she want to tell us soon. Maybe it is related to her absence from 11/20 to 11/23? Shooting for a PB in foreign land? Maybe that instagram account is finally approved and she will be busy uploading cute girls pic to it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I understand why she didn't get "profession" [hehe] It's actually a pretty advanced word, I suppose

11. Harumin87

Harumin87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    It seems naachan didn't go to handshake event because of her poor health. Hope she gets better soon

12. fjroev

fjroev Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Is she lesbian?

13. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Naachan is bi

14. Harumin87

Harumin87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    What random question... suddenly

15. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Yeah... I hope it's for something minor like a stomach bug, than her functional hypoglycemia. She has been working pretty hard with both Team 4 and STU duties filling her schedule...
    And re: Naachan's preferences... I am so grateful she was able to come out in a straightforward way (at least for Japan) while in the group, and wasn't punished for it. Kayoyon was bi before entering the Draft, and hasn't gained much in popularity despite being featured prominently in Nemousu, while Naachan only got more popular, esp among fellow members, after her revelation. So candor isn't respected for everyone equally, but case-by-case, I suppose.

I do like Kayoyon's boyish lack of fear in a beautiful, healthy, curvy body, and wish she was able to get more work... but fear her sexual preferences may still be held against her. Am glad it turned out differently for Naachan. :blush:

16. Harumin87

Harumin87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Wow i did not know about her story.. but I don't think she is not popular because of her sexuality... but maybe because she is not so pushed as 14 gen was I suppose?

And about naachan, i guess they don't take her seriously because she never dated anyone... we had before idols as her and today they are married and have children (from my own disappointment as she was my former ship). Not that i only like the gays one lol I started liking naachan long before knowing her preferences

17. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Wait what?!!! Naachan is bi?!!! :shock:

I love idols and all, but i generally don't believe anything they say :lol: . And Naachan was somewhat ambiguous when asked about this iirc

18. henx

henx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Ahhhh... Hope she get well soon, she really need to rest for a bit, she push her self to Hard with her job in 2 group...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

19. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Im glad naachan gets to sub in higher positions with the recent perfs of anklet song. Hope she'll move to the first row or be the center for the next single

20. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

She said as such in her personal doc... and while I understand that for many reasons idols are often encouraged to have fan-intriguing aspects for 'business' purposes... her 'ships as it were, with so many in the group (with reciprocation from those also believed to have bi-leaning tendencies) make me suspect her leanings are genuine, just sanitized for 48G compliance. Naachan isn't going to admit a genuine bi preference except in a personal doc, which makes sense -- you don't want to be accused of sensationalizing or leveraging your sexual leanings to promote yourself.

Certain things do ring true. Usually when someone comes out and they're genuinely LGBTQIA and in the closet, coming out is usually accompanied by a great sense of relief at not having to hide who you are anymore... and Naachan's personality changed dramatically in weeks following cutting her hair in 2016. The truth of this is through my own and my wife's coming out back when there were still 2 WTC towers... :fp:

Kayoyon had been bi prior to the Draft and admitted it openly -- which was probably a bit much for an idol in the biggest group in Japan, at the very beginning of her career. I respect how she refuses to sanitize it other than casting a bad light on her senpai or staff, though -- thinking of the group is still very much ingrained in Japanese society, no matter how much individuals try to evolve it past its early-1990s levels. Mgmt didn't feel it necessary to kill her career -- which is a great start vs. 2009, for example... but also no reason not to consider more lucrative pushes over her IMO...

But as anyone who's been on forums for any length of time'll point out, this isn't substantiated by personal contact with Naachan or Kayoyon, nor their designated reps (I wish :^^;:), so give it appropriate salt. That said, if my information isn't worth getting excited over... then it isn't worth the reaction, either [hehe]