1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Interesting, I found there is a thing called Google trends and it does this fun mapping chart thing.

Since we are all crazy about this popularity thing, lets see how the groups fare off on google search engine.

(A)
    AKB vs sister groups. Result for 2017 = AKB just stright up beats everyone by huge margins.
    Don't even bother posting the result link lol

(B)
    Sister group brawl. Result for 2017 = NMB > SKE > HKT > NGT > STU
    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=JP&q=stu,ngt,ske,hkt,nmb

(C)
    AKB vs 46. (I threw in NMB and SKE for fun). Result for 2017 = Nogi > Keya slightly beats AKB
    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=JP&q=AKB,NMB,SKE,欅坂,乃木坂

===============================

This is an extra one to see how the popularity rise and fall for this category

Popularity since 2004. Result = AKB flat out wins in the hearts of Japanese people.
    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=JP&q=AKB,NMB,SKE,欅坂,乃木坂

Popularity since the last 5 years. Result = AKB and Nogi splits the world.
    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=JP&q=AKB,NMB,SKE,欅坂,乃木坂

Note:

- Interesting to see that there is always a spike of interest for AKB every SSK month in the year. So the argument that SSK actually does bring in more public interest is valid here I guess.

- Nogi has now actually slightly beats AKB in two prefectures: Gunma and Akita. I wonder why lol

- 2011 June was the ever highest popularity that AKB achieved in google search history.(The golden years I guess) But interest over time of AKB has been slowly reclining and now under the 50 level over the years whereas 46G is steadily rising and reaching the 40 level. This should be no big secret. But now we have at least something to reference from I guess. Thanks google.

- 2017 is Nogi year, make no mistake. AKB recession year started at October 2015 and still on-going.

2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I feel like NMB only won over SKE because of the infamous marriage LOL. Even the searches "AKB Marriage" and "NMB Marriage" :shifty:

Anyways, seems reasonable with the sister group comparisons. Isn't too surprised by the AKB vs Nogi either. Keyaki surprised me a bit though. Let's see if they can surpass their sister in a few years :hehe:

3. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    NMB won 2017 pretty much but if you go show results in past 5 years. It's SKE's world. They pretty much owned Kanto area which is suppose to be NGT territory in a few years.
    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=JP&q=stu,ngt,ske,hkt,nmb

Some of you who are obsessed with Team 8 discussion may even find interesting results if you count them as a sister group

4. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    wow, we already knew but that's another evidence, the 46 groups really surpassed the 48 ones in general public popularity name and songs... AKB is shook

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  5. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    hey! my friend is doing a research on spending habit amongst 48Group fans! it'll mean a lot if you guys fill her survey!

https://goo.gl/forms/fsAD0gnkxuIkCSIV2

Thank you in advance for your participation!

6. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    this is really funny

7. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Help me out, please? For the Calendar photo promo(?), I can figure out: Sasshi, Yukirin, Jurina and OgiYuka.

I can't tell who the two beside Sasshi are? I'm sorry! :cold:

8. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Takino Yumiko (STU) - Sayanee [hehe]

9. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    OMG! SAYANEE LOOKS SO DIFFERENT HERE! :eek: I mean, she did look familiar to me, but, wow! I barely recognized her! :oops:

And of course I didn't recognize Yumirin. Even if she's been center, she still hasn't caught my attention. :^^;:

10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

If you were to judge by that photo AKB is lacking in the looks department these days.

11. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

At first glance, I thought Sayanee was Mayuyu and I couldn’t recognize Yumirin so I was ultra confused on how the lineup was organized LOL. By the way, even though it’s printed super tiny, the names are on the bottom.

12. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I didn't even notice that the names were on there. OMG! How embarrassing! :cold:

13. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

That's interesting. I never thought SKE had much popularity. Anyway, don't the Japanese use yahoo instead of google.

ETA: Checked the charts SKE and NMB were comparable from mid 2015 onwards and NMB pretty much took over by end 2016. That feels somewhat accurate.

14. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

OT but kinda important fact
    1. Yahoo! Japan is currently a totally separate entity from Yahoo! after Verizon bought Yahoo! in 2016. Verizon didn't bought the Yahoo! Japan part from the now former Yahoo! company called Altaba which is now an investment company.
    2. Since 2010, Yahoo! Japan's is using Google search tech. Google gets Yahoo! Japan user activity data. This makes Google Trends data relevant in Japan.
    3. The original Yahoo! Japan was formed by Yahoo! and Softbank in 1996. To this day, Softbank is the majority owner of Yahoo Japan (42.9%). The company formerly known as Yahoo! (Altaba) has 35.5%.

tl;dr: Yahoo! Japan is different from Yahoo!

I personally use Google Trends data, HS result, SSK rank, or any other data just to give me a better picture of how popular a member is.

• Like Like x 1
  15. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Since members are slowly being signed, do you think the big agencies will put out a subunit once they got enough members?

16. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Shiraishi Mai and Ikoma Rina, I guess.
    Though unlike Ikoma, Shiraishi never really talks about her hometown. Probably hates it as she moved because of bullying.

17. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Ordered.

18. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Oh thats very interesting. Thanks for clarifying!

19. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Ah I see, that's reasonable

20. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    who else has been signed recently other than mion and renacchi?