1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NGT48 2nd [Sekai wa Doko Made Aozora na no ka?] (2017/12/06)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by namine, Sep 7, 2017.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Ah I see, my apologies then. I did misread that. Thanks for clarifying that for me. Let me just do some quick edit.

It wasn't intended to be a quality post. And no, I refuse to post it here. Maybe on the Rikachan thread. But I'll wait for what @Humbucker senpai wanna talk about first.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    ...I have Rika has my Oshi. But, I don't think she deserved the solo. That dress is hideous. The whole concept confused me.

Is this her "I'm now going to be more of an adult now so you must accept me this way now" version of like Miley Cyrus stripping her old look? I'm sorry, I just really didn't like this concept at all.

If we had to give her a Solo, a different concept would have worked better for her. Honestly, she looked bored. Or give it to someone else. I literally said out loud: "Why is she getting a solo?" Especially so soon.

I don't know, I just....ugh. I don't know how to explain it other than what I said. I don't know what concept best fits her image, but this one just doesn't work at all. :yikes:

3. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I watched it again and if was used as Rika's PV, it would have worked much better in her favour.

BTW Rika does not currently have the mature look required for this sort of MV. She looks like a child starlet in 1920s sort of costume.

4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Just watched short MV of that Rika's "solo song". Wel this is indeed Rika's solo song, Los Indios are just background singers.

Do people on this thread forget or don't even know that Nako once got a solo song, she never centered any HKT48 single.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No need to remind us!
    But then again, that felt more like a way of spreading the push than any other thing.

NGT being stubborn on Rika seems a bit too risky for my taste. They're going to end up alienating the fandom against her because it's plain unfair to other girls.

Why not a KKS unit?
    Mahoho or Gatanee talked about the divide between NIII and the KKS that was getting wider after the 2nd senbatsu announcement.
    A KKS unit could have given the girls who are yet to be part of a team something to go on.
    Takahashi Mau can be thankful that she was born in Niigata, because if she had not been in the Furusato Team, she would have only appeared in the whole NGT song.

6. Chiarara

Chiarara Kenkyuusei

YEAH!
    Was actually hoping they would do a KKS unit, specially since the NGT KKS are really popular. Oh well:glare:

7. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Maumau was also in the real gakusei senbatsu. I think the only kks who only appeared in Nanika ga Iru was Otaki & that makes sense considering her grad.

Members aside, none of these B-sides is making me want to buy the non-theater edition types. I love the PVs for Nanika ga Iru and Otona ni Naru Mae Ni but the songs themselves are the type I’d usually skip. As for Rika’s solo, I like the old school style & I think I’d really like it if someone like Kojiharu was the soloist. Rika’s voice is really identifiable and I think she could pull off a solo. Just...not this one. There’s a bit of a mismatch between the song and her voice that makes both kind of boring. Hoping the furusato song is good bc I’ll be buying theater edition!

8. machina

machina Kenkyuusei

this solo really would not suit ANYBODY in ngt tbh. the song is a flop and the mv is weird. the rika haters should be glad that their oshis did not get this song, but of course, cant miss a chance to hate on management and a pushed girl, classic 48g fandom :lol:

9. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Isn't it a bit extreme to say that giving someone a solo = alienating all fans of the group. Some fans actually like Rikahime and would like to see more of her? A group that's just starting out needs to get the names of their members out there. IMO, it's good that they're being consistent with their push instead of dropping them once another girl gets on the radar the way AKB does. I mean there's barely any new gen girl from AKB that's famous since AKS keeps changing their minds on who to push every few months.

10. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Rika's solo is totally Milky-wannabe. That's my initial impression. If this song had been for Milky, I'm sold.

I feel ticklish just by seeing the thumbnail. I'm sorry.

11. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    I wasn't going to comment but since I was summoned, let me put my two cents in.

I pretty much agree with everything @Dee said and also agree with everyone saying Rikachan shouldn't get a solo since she's already centering SNS Senbatsu. Honestly, I was expecting Kitarie's graduation song or an Okappa's center song for type-B (Indeed feel sorry for her, but I hope she gets a AKB's B-side as usual.) I don't support overpush either (which was quite clear in this single). By SSK reward, (IMO) the types A, B and C should have been Hinatan-song, SNS Senbatsu song, Okappa song with MVs and Tsugumin song in the Theater Edition (if we don't include Kitarie). There should have been no complaints.

Many people may not be used to Rikachan's "adult image" but she was already performing Junjo Shugi almost a year ago until the new stage. https://goo.gl/mWGks9
    You can still say that this concept doesn't suit her, yet it's nothing new anyway.

Everyone "has the right" to write whatever they want, according to some. I don't intend to argue with them. Instead, I'll drop my own interpretation of some facts:
    Many people may still think that by "home region" NGT was supposed to concentrate their activities only in Niigata and some still defend that native-girls should be the real representatives of the group. (There was indeed a joke in AKB48 SHOW! pointing out how many girls from outside Niigata were in the group.) They're not so close minded and isolated like they were in Japan in Edo period just waiting for Commodore Perry to burst them. The partnership with Niigata prefecture showed successful and they're now attempting to expand to Toyama (and possibly) other neighbor prefectures like Nagano, Gunma, Yamagata, etc. (If they had someone in the group from there.) Sure, it didn't have to be a solo song in the single for it. Any unit or even a senbatsu should have worked.

About Niigata Friends, let's face reality: 48 Group itself isn't the great sensation among young people since long ago and general public don't "give a damn" to NGT48 outside Niigata (where publicity was heavy made). There were people in the episode who didn't recognize Rikachan despite of recognizing the other members and it was used variety-wise, but overall, people in fact didn't care about the group as a whole, which made all the members get in a discouraged mood. Also, the own people in Niigata probably didn't care about 48 Group before NGT48, so let's not confuse things.
    Whatever the push should be or not to be, BY NO MEANS Rikachan did bad in SSK. NGT staff was demanding her to rank around 50th (more precisely 48th) due to her push. After that, she raised her goal to 24th, which many people doubted she would make it, like this comment: (I'm not quoting names because it's not the point.)
    Guess what? She made 23rd! One place above her goal.

It's not to justify her push in this single tho.

12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Rika's solo song could've been planned months ago I think. No way because of Ohta because she joined the agency last friday and the song might've been recorded and mastered days before then the MV was filmed. Before sousenkyo when Ogiyuka made a breakthrough then Ogiyuka became center of this single.

13. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

It was announced last friday, the transfer might have already been in talks a couple months ago.

14. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I am really surprised by the overwhelming negative reaction to Rika's solo.. I'm not her biggest fan. In fact, I don't care for her at all but I'm okay with this. She's pretty popular, she has been pushed tremendously in AKB, it only makes sense to continue pushing her..

If this is how you guys react to Rika's solo.... I'd love to see what the reaction would be if it's Okappa or Katomina lol

15. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Im not mad with Rika getting a solo song..but why such an old fashioned song :(

16. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Like I said before, since Okappa was not the center for their previous NGT48 single, it would have been seen as a push but not as an overpush, would have been fine.

Since Katomina ranked much lower than Gatanee and Mahohon, it would have certainly raised some questions. But since she has been consistently appearing and MCing at the theatre, and she was once the center at their debut performance, it would not have been that much of a surprise.

17. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    No, it's not extreme or anything, you're just making an oversimplification on your part.
    Giving someone a push that is blatantly predicated on neglecting, denying to acknowledge, when not downright sabotaging every other member, all the while trying to give the impression that one single member is some sort of jack of all trades who can (~has to~) do the job for everyone so as to rationalize an otherwise unjustifiable concentration of all jobs on her hands = alienating all fans of the group. Because currently things are more like this, or moving in this direction.
    Giving her a solo at this point in time only represents the last of a number of straws on the proverbial camel's back.

I feel more sorry for the people who drank down the whole glass of Kool-Aid and are applauding in support of this -- convincing themselves that this time it's Rika's turn but someday it'll be another girl, if only they do better in Showroom or HS sales, without even knowing that in Rika's case those were just ad-hoc excuses that were soon swept under the rug after the truth became a bit less rosy.
    Thinking of it, I love how the article on Nikkan still dares to mention her "fisher skills, that are making fans fall head over heels", when I see that by the 4th round of resales her slots are stuck at a dreary 0. We are deep into the realm of "alternative facts" at this point. Now I'm waiting any hour for her to get on Showroom again and start another roundabout rambling about it, because this is essentially what her "hard work" on Showroom has become these days.

Since when they ever attempted to expand there, especially by striking partnerships in the same way they did in Niigata (or Toyama...)?
    It took me a while to make the due connections with all the place names you mentioned, but if you are seriously referring to the recent watashi-kai in which NGT members ALSO participated in conjunction with other members of the 48 groups (such as Team 8), or the mini-akushukai they're having for this single, you are comparing apples and oranges.
    Otherwise, I give up, give me one more hint.

Let's be clear, I was talking about the sheer number of NGT members that ranked in there apart from Rika, especially the ones that happened to rank above her.
    Given that we have evidence of the management (in the person of Etsuro himself) laughing at the notion that certain members could even rank in at all, it's not a stretch to say that the results brought an upset to their plans. After all, with Rika's gori-push already underway since before the Sousenkyo, they probably believed they had succeeded in convincing group fans to converge all their organized votes on her, with only some minor dispersion on Katomina or Kitarie or Yukirin.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  18. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I'm very casual when it comes to NGT and doesn't really follow the group much. If there's anyone I don't like much in the group, it's Moeka.

Anyway, I think what worsened the reaction to the Nakai solo here was after a fan tried to justify it by dismissing the ogino and honma's success as due to rich wotas only. Also, by implying as if its a fact that nakai being "pretty" (also implied more thab the.others) cannot be contested.

Personally, I don't mind that Nakai got one. Though I get where the others were coming from with thinking the push is too much.

19. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Same people, maybe with new cast. Reversed roles.

This is apply to everyone too. Did you know that said "fan" never contribute in Nakai Rika thread even once until I said this?
    Not saying you have to comment regularly on member thread to be classified as fans. Not at all.

But hey, righteous freedom of speech must go on, right?

20. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    How if this is NGT's particular trend? I mean, maybe next single they'll give a solo to Ogiyuka.. Solo after centering a single.

Wild guess.