1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. jinxedbomb

jinxedbomb Kenkyuusei

Produce48 seems like an interesting concept, and still bizarre. I hope there will be various songs produced by different composers and lyricists, wouldn't be surprised if Akimoto-P has songs to offer for top ranking members, as "prizes" during the production of the survival show. Still not clear about the concept, of which girls are going (either Japanese or Korean) and how they're going to promote the group afterwards (in both Korea & Japan).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    About the concerns of bad relationships between Korea and Japan, I don’t think it’s such a big deal. Korean and Japanese artists have worked in each other’s countries, singing in each other’s language to cater to each other’s demographic for a very long time. The people who are so fixed in hating one or the other probably are not worth catering to int he first place because ultimately both sides like music and fun and having both with different people is always the best. It’s clear that both markets are very different but I’m sure both sides of the collaboration are aware and will adjust accordingly.

I for one, am looking forward to see what Produce48 cooks out. It could be a sister group, it could be a sister group but with a completely different concept, it could breed a chimera of idol groups and that sounds like a lot of fun. People have been criticising management for not taking risks and when they take one they say they’re desperate and that it’s too risky. I’m not willing to say it was a bad idea until after it’s executed and the hypothetical scenario that this flops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

I hope that means Seoul48 1st gen and 1st SSK :D
    but i guess this will end up with bunch of AKB girls + IOI members

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iñaki

Iñaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna

if the video does not show watch the video here

I really liked the MAMA performance with other K-Pop girl groups.
    They performed Heavy Rotation & Koisuru Fortune Cookie

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I honestly don't understand why this idea was created in the first place. Kpop and Jpop fans are infamous when it comes to each other. Maybe even worse than ARMYs and Exo-Ls. The fact that Japan and Korea music styles are completely different should've already scratched the idea off of management's head. If they plan of using pre-existing 48G songs, oh god. The whole project will be trash. No Koreans would even consider watching it. If it's using pre-existing 48G members, that's even worse.

If the girls are selected based on applications, then there probably won't be a lot of talents. I mean, if they do indeed have talent to interest the Korean people, they would have became a trainee for actual entertainments. I highly doubt the method of trainees from companies participating as well. Even if bigger companies (if willing) send out 5 trainees each (Cube, Pledis, Starship, Jellyfish, DSP), that's only 25 trainees. I'm not even counting the Big 3 because they didn't even send anyone (except Somi) out for PD101. I don't think smaller companies combined can get the number of girls bumped up to at least 70.

This idea just sounds like the AKB girls that wanted to try out for that comedian thing on AKBingo. They have yet to know the harsh reality. I'm sure management and Mnet knows something beneficial which is why they decided to do this but from a fan's point of view, this doesn't look really good.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Tycoons... what you think? Anyway... so what that it be?

K Disco meets J Disco? Well... can be works at blue moon...
    I hope i at wrong but " i have bad feeling about this... "...

• Like Like x 2
  7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

lol wth with the video announcement...didnt see anything at all :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  8. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

Assuming the intent is to create a permanent group, there is absolutely no shortage of girls wanting into the idol world in South Korea - the market is oversaturated and dozens upon dozens of new girl groups debut in nugu companies every year. If the intent is to promote temporarily, you need look no further than Mix Nine or The Unit to see how many companies are willing to send their idols on these survival shows. As for the music, the AKB style can work if it's played right. South Korean music fans love ballads (AKB is capable of cranking out good ones) and cute concepts (which AKB does VERY well) are generally more successful than cool/sexy concepts on the carts. Not to mention, groups like Lovelyz and GFriend have been ripping off the J-Pop aesthetic from the start so I think K-Pop fans will be fairly receptive.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Produce48 huh… the first thing that came to my mind was that it was a revival of Yasai Sisters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Matsui Hikari

1. Of course there's no shortage of girls want to make it into the idol world in SK. The problem is whether or not they can sing, dance, look good, and/or have a good personality. But even if one excels in one category, that still doesn't mean anything. Soyeon (PD101) is AMAZING at rapping but because she's "ugly," she is not well received. Yeongjung is a goddess at singing but because some accused of her bad personality, she's 11th.
    2. AKB doing good cute concepts (subjective) doesn't mean they will be well-received by Koreans. Kpop cute styles are very very different from Jpop cute styles. With present AKB songs, that's a no.
    3. Let's not forget that Mix Nine is hosted by the one and only famous Yang Hyun Suk himself who was came out with Blackpink, 2ne1, and Big Bang. Plus, there's legendary stars such as Taeyang, Seungri, CL, and etc. judging you and giving you feedbacks. Not to mention that the PD101 executive producer, Han Dong chul, is there as well. Who wouldn't want to put their trainees out there? On the other hand, what do we have? Akimoto Yasushi who? The guy that made the most "popular" groups in Japan but Japanese people are ashamed of them?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Think most people are just ashamed of the wota sub culture which sometimes pollutes the main stream Japanese culture image.

They have nothing against the girls in fact if they are to meet them personally most of them will be polite and respect what they do.

And also sometimes people are critical and mocking of the AKB structure system of HS events to boost sales and especially the vote buying ssk.

And don't forget about dating ban controversy which also baffles normal Japanese people minds. Plus sometimes borderline suggestive music lyrics and gravure shots of underage girls.

Just my own opinion on this phenomena.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

The thing about the idol industry (whether in Japan or SK) is that actual talent (while nice to have) is arguably less important than the latter two factors you've mentioned, and that's been consistently proven by fans throughout P101 S1 and S2 when visuals/charismatic individuals were voted into a lot of the top ranks. As for the music style, you're right that a 1:1 translation of the AKB brand to SK will probably not be well received. I just mean that the J-Pop influence is there, especially in those cute schoolgirl concepts, so it won't be as huge of a leap as some would think.

At the end of the day this boils down to the age old "J-Pop and K-Pop can never mix" argument and I think that it's great that Mnet and AKS are bridging the gap to show people that at the most fundamental level, all these idols are the same and they all appeal to the same tastes, even if they sometimes go about it in different ways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. onego123

onego123 Member

I've been a Kpop fan for nearly 10 years now. Typically whenever I see 48g come up they're usually met with a harsh rejection from a lot of Koreans when the thought of their oen sister group enters their minds. I'm curious to see how this will go, but the possible outcomes make me nervous.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Where are we basing from with the Japanese people being ashamed of AKB? All I remember was one tv personality saying it would be embarrassing if AKB performs in the Olympics, but thats it.

(And on a side-note, AKB can actually do well in an Olympic opening ceremony considering they're "field demonstration ready" in terms of numbers.)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tris-chan

Tris-chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    I think I could see this working as a weird perpetual p101 model. For example:
    * Agencies send new(ish) trainees to audition for the theatre. It'd probably be considered outside work, like how a lot of the trainee p101 kids got sponsorship deals or Jeon Soyeon went on unpretty rapstar. A good example is how Pristin had little mini concerts like every week for a while.
    * Once a year there's an SSK-like vote with the p101 format, but contestants can only participate if they're already theatre girls. Winners get to be promoted as a group, go on TV, etc etc.

It's a pretty easy business model and it gets everyone what they want. Mnet runs p101 into the ground. Agencies and trainees get public exposure. Aki-p gets to say he's done 48 related work in Korea. Everybody wins.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Matsui Hikari

Do you know what it means when people say it would be embarrassing if AKB performs in the Olympics? The Olympics committee are people. Not machines. Even if you look at the comments for the MAMA performance, there are so many English comments pointing out that Japanese people said they are ashamed of AKB.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yami

Yami Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  18. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    What are you talking about? Want to say korean groups is way better than AKB? Or what?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Matsui Hikari

You for real? You are the only one that took my post that way :rolleyes: I wouldn't be on this forum for so long if I think that Korean groups are better than AKB. If you're talking about me saying that AKB is an embarrassment while Mix Nine is "superior", it's a fact. At least the embarrassment part. There's articles in Japanese AND English if you're interested.

• Like Like x 1
  20. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    So now the article IS a fact? I don't even know who the fuck is mix nine. If it's a korean group or something, I don't even give a shit. They're just disgusting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1