1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. onego123

onego123 Member

Y'all are getting me so hyped for January!

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I could definitely see Produce 48 being a way to encourage other countries to get their own sister groups. MXE48 seems to have taken just as long as TPE48 before it actually happened. So maybe the success of Produce 48 will help them get to it faster, especially since there are many Kpop fans in South America

If they do go for actual trainees/idols (sonce P101 takes idols too) than it’ll be interesting to see who the Japanese girls would be

Would be great if a Tokyo Girls Style member joined. My fav is Mei, but I think the public would root for Hitomi more. Though both or even the entire group can compete

Would love if Aina (ex-Juice=Juice) member joined as well

Would be great if JPop idols participated as it could not only help them gain more popularity in Japan, but they’d help expose JPop to Koreans & Kpop fans

Who knows, maybe there could be a Nu’est effect (Nu’est were a D ranked boy group who shot all the way up to B-A rank because of their expose on Produce 101) could happen to the girls thanks to Produce 48

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I'm not a K-pop fan, I have tried but I just can't... But I sure don't think bad of those that are k-pop fans, as long as they stop the "j-pop is trash, all j-pop idols are talentless..." talk! I really don't care fore that!!!
    I think that there are a lot of talent both among j-pop idols and k-pop idols, just it's different kind of talent. Groups like AKB is more about the talent to interact through handshake, performance and through sns with fans, to get the fans to care, to root for you and rejoice in your acomplishments. It's about caring! K-pop seems ( to me at least) to be more focused on tecnical skill. I find k-pop ( and k-pop idols) boring cause they are all the same... They sound the same and they dance the same. They dances may be difficult ( I can't say cause I don't have the skill) but the dances all look the same to me, with much focus on hip and butt movement... I find j-pop much more varied in movment, although yea j-pop use there hands and arms a lot, but I guess to me j-pop is more dynamic...

I read this thread and get frustrated because all the really rude and bashing comments of the 48-girls and there talent. They may not be your cup of tea, but every single one of them has some talent, even if only the talent to make fans care what happens to them, but a lot of them do have other skils to, but the thing is... AKB was supposed to be a sort of school, so the girls can grove while k-pop fans wan's there idols fullt sculpted already...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. ダイヤモンドCosMos

ダイヤモンドCosMos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    From what I know Bighit have said that they don't plan on having any female trainees, they said it was because they don't have the resources nor the knowledge to train them.
    Bighit is also a company that puts a lot of focus on the producing, composing and writing the music themself and not buying it that many other companies do even the
    members in BTS are highly active in producing, composing and writing their own music so I personally find it highly unlikely that Bighit would be
    the ones to manage them, but who know everything is possible right!

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No, it's not.
    You linked a message from FEBRUARY.

All we've had are rumours and a few pictures.
    Sure, they can be in talks and whatever, but for all we know they might have done some survey of the market and realised it's a bad idea.

Also, isn't NCT flopping quite hard?
    And they've been around for almost two years and that "global" thing hasn't happened yet, as they've basically focused on South Korea just like the rest of the Kpop bands.

After all these years, I'm still baffled that people actually think idols can work out of Asia.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  6. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    NCT U had their first year mark earlier this year, 127 and Dream a couple of months ago and they're planning another unit. They're also planning on debuting in Japan soon(?) but yeah they haven't really made it big out of Korea or Asia so far. But that doesn't mean idols don't work outside of Asia look at BTS doing a lot of things in the US like the Ellen show etc although that can also be attributed to a really devoted fan base that got them there. If AKB really was hellbent on getting international recognition like Kpop groups want and kind of need, I'm pretty sure they would be able to and with this new project it'll open more doors for more international fans.

7. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

There is no bashing tho. If I say on average 48G girls lack basic technical skills its bashing? No, nor do its rude since I'm just stating that they dont have the skills to be called talented in the performing area. Doesnt mean they arent good at attracting fans or a good MC. Most of the comments here are talking about the singing/dancing talent gap between Kidols and Jidols, which really exists. There is a difference between bashing and simply stating your opinion about the girls talent level.

8. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^ I agree, but maybe some of us formulated it a bit rudely ? If that's my case I'll try to be more careful o7

Yes and so what ? A lot of sister groups took a lot if time between their announcement & their creation, we haven't reached that stage yet (it seemed like they were brainstorming) so that'll even more time.
    But in my opinion (so no facts, that's why I added the link so people could see for themselve) MXC48 will probably happen.

Like @Spoony Rice said they are still rookies so you can't expect too much from the.
    The thing is that for a regular kpop group NCT is quite successful (especially NCT Dream) but for a group for SM entertainment ? They are not
    And that's something a lot of people don't understand, they are "flopping" but on a different scale. Kinda like Ikon: they are considered as flops in Korea (when so many groups would like to be at their level) but are touring like crazy in Japan.
    The problem isn't their global concept (even if the general public was shocked at first), they earned a good amount of fans who have no problem with it. The problem is their music !
    They aren't releasing any public friendly songs for the public they are aiming at :/
    However I do feel like LSM finally noticed it and is trying to change that, for their Japanese debut he choose their most public friendly track :')
    Which is actually funny because he did the same mistake with EXO when they debuted (they also were called flops at their debut) just compare Wolf and Call Me Baby & you'll get what I mean lel

Once again I agree with @Spoony Rice, BTS is the best exemple that idols can succeed outside of Asia as long as they have a huge & dedicated western fandom and an agency good at pleasing them.
    A lot kpop idols do well in the west the thing is that they always fail at "debuting" there because they don't use their fanbase properly & try to attract the general public while forgetting their original fans.
    If groups like Twice, Apink and GFriend are doing fine in the west then so can AKB48. The thing is that they should try to adapt a little bit more to the market & that's why SOL48 would be useful (= more training, less members, & the kpop stamp).
    From there if they are well managed they might end up being able to settle their first western sister group.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    In your opinion... In my opininon stating that "j-pop idols are talentless" is bashing. However, if you don´t consider your statements bashing there is no need to take my comment to heart. I don´t see this "awsome" talent of k-pop idols in terms of dance and singing skill, but that is my opinion. I find them boring, overly sexually suggestive (even when tey are doing "cute" concept and I prefer the j-idol approach of naturally cute girls that you follow while the learn and grow. But thats me, I´m not bashing you for obviously prefering the k-pop approach. I enjoy diversity. And I do feel this project is quite interesting although I will not be happy if it is just another "K-pop is so good, AKB is trash send all their members home and look att those awsome korean girls that can dance and sing already!" show...

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I never say that 48G girls are talentless, they just lack skills simply due to lack of training. Thats why there is a talent gap.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    I expect former Produce 101 and Idol School contestants to join the show, please!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    Dear new users, especially new fans that come to 48G fandom coz of here, I recommended u to see our newest team shuffle, there's smile and cry, happiness and sadness even angry too! Watch our real life drama, about how a talentless girl who can't do anything and have bad attitude can be a captain of a team. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Wait, didn't know Paruru returned and became captain

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. trxsh

trxsh Member

This was so lame that it hurt to read.

And of course idols can work outside of Asia, teen pop groups and artists of the 90s and early 2000s (spice girls, nsync, britney spears, etc) WERE idols. It's just that kind of artist is out of style and cheesy here now, so people adapt to the market and sing about feminism or whatever.

Mexico48 could probably work, I think as long as you put it in one of the richer areas where there are lots of people in their teens and 20s with disposable income maybe. Brazil would probably be better since there's a huge Japanese community there. I dont really dismiss the idea of idol groups being successful in Latin America, maybe they could. There's a big entertainment industry that it could be a pathway to. I think people have a distorted view of Latin America bc of media representation. Kind of like how people made idiotic jackass-y comments about how BNK would be a ladyboy group when they were announced.

/edit: this was the source stating it would be a single global girl group from both countries btw: http://m.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=919012#_enliple

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Tbh I really wanted more free agent so that we could see more of the growth from a “talentless” normal girl to a more skilled idol. Similar to Sohye from IOI, she was the most untalented girl on the show yet made it to #5 on the show & a spot into the group due to her hard work & improvements. Though it would also be nice if former idols got a second chance as well

If they do take trainees/active idols, hopefully they take Mashiro. She’s a trainee in JYP, it would not only help that she is a Japanese trainee who knows both languages, but seeing as she’s under the same company as Twice, it would bring a ton of interest from both Korea & Japan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  16. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Error 404. No girl with that description found.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Btw with a 48G in Korea now, we’ll get some amazing albums

Photocards, photobooks, stickers, etc alongside great packaging. And with a 48G, that would have a lot in it

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Not gonna quote anyone cause phone.

When I talk about idols, I talk in the Japanese sense of it.
    For all we know, JKT and SNH have been following the Japanese rules of it (no dating blablabla).
    That’s the part that I don’t think will work in the West.

Sure, the Spice Girls, BSB and even 1D can be considered WESTERN idols, but much of their public image comes from tabloids and who they are or not dating.

A Mexico48, or Madrid48 or Warsaw48 wouldn’t work because teenagers in these societies are subjected to different things than in Japan.

And even if they went soft on them because they’re in another society , how would it sit with all the other groups that they have to follow X rules and the others don’t?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  19. trxsh

trxsh Member

In the context of this thread (a collab of japanese and korean idols) I guess the concept of idols in general is implied. ie, broadly the types of artists with that kind of cultlike, "fulfilling your fantasy" aspect rather than simply entertainers.
    europe clearly isnt latin america so the comparison is kinda blah. anyway its not like it matters to the topic

20. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    She's cute too ! But yeah that would be a good idea

You do realize that kpop idols do have a love ban rule ? The only difference is that it disappears after some years (but the topic will still be sensitive) & that except from a few compagnies (YG & JYP for exemple) no one talks about it. Yet that didn't stop kpop groups from getting big outside of Asia~ As long as the agency hush about it being written in their contracts & ask the girls to say they are way too busy to date they'll be perfectly fine \o/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1