1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kodama Haruka (Haruppi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Nov 27, 2011.

1. mittens_220

mittens_220 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    To me, it looked like she was expecting Sasshi to be first and rushed to the front so she could be there to congratulate Sasshi when she becomes first. Her shocked face was because Sasshi became second place.

2. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    what i'm sad about, is that we don't give her enough work opportunity to overcome this endless discussion about her weight. Well she doesn't feel well so, but maybe something soft like a photoshoot or something?

3. KodamaHarukaMyWaifu

KodamaHarukaMyWaifu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    You're right. It could be that :( of course you can't explain that to the haters tho. I just hope that little mishap didn't affect her badly.

I think I saw a photoshoot with her wearing a yukata with her current weight. I do noticed there's no gravure anymore unlike from 2014 to early 2017 where there are new gravure pics released almost every month thus only proving the theory that she might not feel as confident with her body as she used to. Its also almost impossible to see her in Showrooms as well (maybe because she also feels scared going being bashed again by the haters?)

As Noa said, her weight gain might be because of her resting than certain diseases. I think the best way for her to overcome her self consciousness is to feel confident with her weight again. Meaning, yes she really has to lose weight in order for her to feel better about herself. I may not care about what she looks like and I know most of you think so too but since she has been an idol ever since she's in middle school, it's only normal for her to feel insecure. If the amount of work she gets with a lot of dancing and performing increases, she might lose weight sooner or later. I just hope her fans stick around her and not oshihen to another much younger and healthier idol.

4. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Maaan, i only saw a bunch of idol
    Cant spot an incident

5. KodamaHarukaMyWaifu

KodamaHarukaMyWaifu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    As I stated earlier, its just stupid "fans" blowing everything out of proportion.

6. noa

noa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    noayosei
    TeleCook 01.jpg TeleCook 02.jpg TeleCook 03.jpg TeleCook 04.jpg TeleCook 05.jpg TeleCook 06.jpg
    Not new gravure but some I haven't ever seen before from early 2013. Haruppi's love of food goes way back lol

Also just to elaborate, I'm a medic and her weight gain isn't anything that would raise suspicion of disease. The distribution and extent of weight gain isn't anything you would worry about either. Of course I don't have all the information required to make a guess at diagnosis.

7. Slimestack

Slimestack Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    It wasn't really an incident per se but the Kohaku thing was definitely something that a lot of people online noticed and bashed Haruppi for. Basically Haruppi hadn't yet been called in the Kohaku rankings, when it got to number 2 and Sasshi was announced Haruppi immediately runs forward and starts pointing to herself, ready to step into the center spot, and then Sayanee's name is called. She looks really dejected, realises she messed up and slinks off to the side. There's footage of after the event where the girls are walking out and Haruppi is having a 2015 SSK level of breakdown while other girls like Mako who didn't make it are just walking through the corridor normally.
    I definitely think it knocked her confidence when she realised she might not be as popular as she believed and then the embarrassment of what she did and how many people picked up on it.

8. Sasshi_girl

Sasshi_girl Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Glad to hear that Haruppi doesn't the profile of disease (I tend to overthink things, sorry :()

=============================================================
    I didn't know about the details of the incident...which it kind of make sense on her current behavior :(
    Building up self-confidence after going through some events can be very very hard...(I can understand as I'm also going through the process of building up my self-confidence after my works are continuously being rejected ('cause I think my boss doesn't like me))
    So if there's anything I can do to help (like projects or whatever), please let me know.

9. SoulSwiper

SoulSwiper Kenkyuusei

During her speech in her birthday speech she didn't say anything that would make me believe she plans to graduate, and she also admitted jokingly that she realises she is "rounder" than before, and plans to work on that. If it helps her regain her confidence and posts more on SNS, I'm all for it.
    I believe she will stick to her what she says and enter SSK next year. Though it might be the one that makes or break her, considering all that has happened.

10. Slimestack

Slimestack Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I was kind of hoping she wasn't going to enter the SSK to be honest. From her reaction to not making the pretty frivolous and unimportant Kohaku senbatsu I think if Haruppi doesn't make it in the real SSK then she'll just break down.
    I can't really gauge her popularity these days but I think her scarcity this year in events and on social media, lesser positions in singles, having to cancel handshake slots and things like that won't exactly have helped her. I barely keep up with the groups these days and won't be dropping anywhere near the number of votes I usually do so I'd feel really bad if she missed out.

11. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

That Kouhaku senbatsu does have a great effect, probably a bit greater than the actual SSK. Oya probably was in AKB single senbatsu twice because of it. Same for Miorin. Yoshida Akari also got a big boost because of it.
    I personally think the problem is not about whether she will enter SSK or not but how much the effect of not entering SSK for her career. I do think that it is best for her not to enter SSK if the result can greatly affect her mentally, but at the same time, the top level management will not be happy to see someone not entering SSK especially considering a lot of big names will not enter next year SSK. The possibility of a more reduced activity/an even lesser position if she refused to participate will be even bigger.

12. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    she was supposed to appear at the akb theater for tonight's anniversary stage but had cancel due to health problems.
    she seriously can't keep going like this :/

13. noa

noa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    noayosei
    Started on translating the Bubka article and there's a page missing so it's a bit difficult to know what the majority of the interview is about but on a quick skim it seems she's pretty set on spending more time in theatre and how she's struggling because she get's anxious but she's definitely set on staying with HKT

I hope the middle bit of the interview is a bit more eye opening about what's been going on. I kind of doubt it tbh but can't know until I've seen it

14. noa

noa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    noayosei
    Translation time! (Full article: https://imgur.com/a/yWZvN)
    A little light hearted interview about yukata, doing things alone, and acting.

tumblr_ovatsgNbig1ueloi8o4_1280.jpg
    170824 B.L.T. 10月号

----- Haruppi wearing yukata really suits you.
    Kodama: Thank you. I don't get much chance to wear yukata privately, so I was very happy this shoot was in yukata. Recently it seems to be popular for girls like to wear yukata and go out somewhere, so I also want to try!

----- For a yukata date, where would you go?
    Kodama: Umm... if going with somewhere then to a festival! And fireworks afterwards would also be nice. Looking at the night sky, seeing the "bang" of the fireworks going off together, I think that you'd feel happy. A- my heart is fluttering (lol)

----- This time, the title of the latest single is [Kiss wa Matsu Shikanai no Deshou ka?] (Can you do nothing but wait for a kiss?), but is Haruppi a type that can do the first move?
    Kodama: For me it's impossible! The girl in this song asks a person whose name she doesn't know [can we kiss?], I think that's amazing. I'm the type that wants to be lead by a boy.

----- Then, would you want the boy to think of the date plan as well? Kodama: That is something to think of together. Where to go to, what to eat, deciding after discussing would be nice.

----- Separately from boys, normally, can you take initiative by yourself? For example, can you go out to eat by yourself?
    Kodama: I can't do that. It's impossible for me to go eat ramen or yakiniku alone. Recently, it seems Saku-chan (Miyawaki Sakura) went to [one-man yakiniku], and I thought that was [wow]. Oh, but recently, I went to Tokyo Sky Tree by myself. When my mum said [Why don't you go see?] to support me, I tried my best. I also looked up the train and bus myself. It was fun! While standing in line the time I was waiting by myself was lonely though (lol). After all, it would have been nicer to have someone to go with.

----- Still, becoming able to act on your own, I think that's a significant growth.
    Kodama: Having turned 20 last year, having reached this milestone, I became more conscious that [I need to do my own things myself]. Until then, my mum would often spoil me. In my teens, I was often satisfied with simply enjoying my work, but from now on my actions will be my own responsibility, I want to think about it properly.

----- So there's been a big change
    Kodama: Now more than ever, I'm facing my own future, and I think I need to think about it properly.

----- That's important isn't it. Do you have a vision, for what you want from now on?
    Kodama: I would like to work hard as a member of HKT48, as well as an individual, to acquire new skills.

----- What do you want to focus your energy on now?
    Kodama: From last to this year, the drama [Kyabasuka Gakuen] and the drama [Tofu Pro-Wrestling], gave me an opportunity to try acting, I started to think [I want to study acting more].

----- You've challenged a wide range of roles, but what role would you want to try next?
    Kodama: Last time I played a school-role (lol). It was a plain girl with glasses, but at vital times saying an important opinion kind of character. While acting I become someone different to my normal self, so I want to try various roles!

• Like Like x 1
  15. noa

noa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    noayosei
    Working on another translation from July-ish. Taking a while because my kanji recognition is really bad and I need to double check like every second word by drawing it out into google translate orz

Anyway, Haruppi mentions that she is bad at social media and that she spends too much time overthinking what to say. In the interview she says how she's from a pre-sns generation as if she's 50 or something lol. But if she was already struggling with SNS while she was healthy, she's probably spending even more time agonising about what to write now. I agree with others who feel she needs to be more present on G+ and twitter but at the same time at least she is aware of her struggles with it

16. Sasshi_girl

Sasshi_girl Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Thank you @noa for the translation :)

I hope that Haruppi will come back stronger both physically and mentally soon :cute:

17. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Is her acting any good?

18. Kodamako

Kodamako Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    her leg injured,i hope shes okay :(

if the video does not show watch the video here

19. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  20. noa

noa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    noayosei
    Let me warn you, it's a long long interview...

Summary of important bits for those who don't want to read it:
    1. Haruppi congratulated Sakura on 4th place and Sakura replied she' lonely without Haruppi
    2. Haruppi is bad at social media, she might as well be 80
    3. Lots of fans have been going to her handshakes which is reassuring
    4. Haruppi is lonely without Chii-chan
    5. She wants to do more acting

Please click the link to where I have the original post https://imgur.com/a/71NCk I just like seeing the numbers so I know the translations are actually being read. Thank you~

EX 01.jpg
    170812 EX大衆 9月号 [EX Taishou]

THE ROAD OF A HKT48 IDOL

HKT48's memorable 10th single song
    [Kiss wa Matsushikanai no Deshou ka?]. That is, the courage to kiss = the courage to grab
    your own opportunities - that is the road that these idols take. HKT48's key member is walking ahead - ?

Interview.1
    Kodama Haruka
    STRENGTH OF THE GROUP AND STRENGTH OF THE INDIVIDUAL

GATHERING EXPERIENCE, REGRET WILL SURFACE BUT REGRET IS NOT A BAD THING

----- Kodama-san you did not enter this year's senbatsu sousenkyo, what kind of impression did you have is something we'd like to know.
    Kodama: Hmm... the HKT48 whirlwind did not blow. The number of ranking members decreased from the 19 of last year, and the senbatsu members also decreased from 3 to 2 (Sashihara Rino and Miyawaki Sakura). Following Saku-chan (Miyawaki) in 4th place was Mikurin (Tanaka Miku = 28th Rank), there was an open gap. Rather than keeping the status quo, this was a frustrating senbatsu for HKT48. This year Niigata was amazing. I felt the momentum of NGT48 very much.

----- For ranking it's understandable, but the excitement of the NGT48 members was amazing. Until now what was Hakata's speciality.
    Kodama: For that experience, I think it can't be helped that regret will happen. Initially you can only rank up so it's fun. Since it's the first ranking, you can be pleased for others as well as for yourself, this sousenkyo was only the first for the 4th gen members. However, pride and experience may get in the way, but I don't think feeling regret is a bad thing. In that sense we were able to see the member's feelings, so I think this is the strength of the sousenkyo more than ever.

EX 02.jpg

----- There were also members that ranked for the first time.
    Kodama: Matsuoka Hana-chan ranked 80th, and first place ended with Sasshi. Starting with HKT48, and finishing with HKT48 I was glad it happened this year again. Hana wasn't called in the preliminary results, and I saw she was upset... so it's good she ranked, and we can expect more from her in the future. Then Toyonaga Aki ranked in 79th place. It's amazing to have her name called having only been a member for a year! I'm actually reading Aki-chan's HKT48 mail.

----- The paid mail service!?
    Kodama: Yes (lol). I heard that Aki-chan's mail is amazing, so I thought I'd research it. Aki-chan is a genius.

----- Does she herself know you're getting the mail?
    Kodama: No, I didn't tell her. I'm reading it secretly (lol). I can't tell her (lol). Aki-chan is thinking hard about HKT48, and when working together you really notice her consciousness. I want to continue studying from now on!

----- Did you communicate with any members after sousenkyo?
    Kodama: Immediately after being called, I send [Congratulation] to Saku-chan by LINE. Then, [Let's fight together next year] and [Senbatsu is lonely] messages came back. At that time, the sousenkyo had just finished so I couldn't even think of next year, but the feeling that I should work hard is growing, it makes me happy after all.

----- How was the first sousenkyo you watched from home?
    Kodama: It was the first time seeing the sousenkyo from above, even though I'm a member, I decided to have fun watching from the outside, just like the fans. But when I saw the members being pleased and being sad, I felt envious. Aren't the feelings of joy and sadness, for sharing with your fans after all. I thought sousenkyo was an event, to measuring myself over the last year. Although I was a spectator, I was envious of being able to share those feelings of - joy - with my fans.

----- That is the sousenkyo, the true taste of the 48 group.
    Kodama: That's right. I decided myself, but I was a little regretful that I declined. I ended up thinking it looked like fun.

----- During the period of notification you were in Mexico so it couldn't be helped.
    Kodama: I was working in Mexico. It was hot~, that place (lol).

----- Was there anything else you felt?
    Kodama: Natsumikan (Tanaka Natsumi)! 50th rank is amazing! Having her presence recognised by the fans after supporting HKT48's MCs, I was happy as a generation mate.

----- During the voting period, she went to Okinawa, and a video showed her going around Nagoya where she had been kennin, considering the changes within the 48 groups recently, you can feel the importance of grasping opportunities with force. For example, this single was the first senbatsu for Sakamoto Erina, and having edited and uploaded her own a-cappella videos it wouldn't be far fetched to think they were considered.
    Kodama: I agree. I'm passive most of the time, so there have been many times when I've thought continuing like this is no good.

----- For example what kind of thing?
    Kodama: I don't know how to send out my appeal. While thinking about what to do, there have been many times when it's been too late, so we have to take action. Since there are so many social medias, there are many possibilities to appeal ourselves. But I'm very bad at it.

----- Why are you bad at it? Kodama: When posting something, kind of... like fire, the post will get spread out of proportion. Because that's the case, it made me afraid of words. When posting something, I got worried about what would be thought, I ended up not posting anything. Even now I got twitter, I can't use it well.

----- Are there any members you think use it well?
    Kodama: Sasshi (Sashihara) is good. She can do twitter and HKT48 mail as well. Because there are a lot of services it's become quite difficult, but there are also members who have mastered it, while thinking I need to do something, I actually felt lost (lol).

----- Do you also have a special skill like a-cappella?
    Kodama: ... (smile).

----- Please stop just smiling as an answer (lol).
    Kodama: I wonder if I'm unsuited to the social media age. I haven't caught up, I don't think I can manage with it well. 5 ~ 6 years ago the only tool for communicating with fans was G+, but now there are many more. From today (11th July) the 1st gen has been around for 7 years, the times have changed (lol).

----- I think that talents are also something that others will point out. Hasn't that been the case for you?
    Kodama: Pronunciation (messing up words).

----- You stumbled saying [pronunciation] (lol). I think the people that pick on, and tease about that are people that care about you.
    Kodama: ... (smile).

I WONDER IF PEOPLE KNEW IT WAS ME WHEN THE SPOTLIGHT HIT.

----- Returning to the topic of individual strengths, I think Sashihara-san is a person with a lot of strong points. What do you think she's good at?
    Kodama: I think her biggest strength is, that she likes idols. Having been an idol fan originally, she really understands the fans feelings, and the idea of what an idol should be like. I think that's why she can also break into variety. She separates her personality on stage from herself doing variety.

EX 03.jpg

THE SISTER GROUPS HAVE INCREASED, YOU CAN FEEL
    INDIVIDUALITY IS BEING TESTED MORE THAN BEFORE.
    I THINK ESPECIALLY EACH OF THE 1ST GEN MEMBERS'S STRENGTHS ARE BEING TRIED.

----- I think in variety, you need the strength to come out of yourself. How did you actively work around that?
    Kodama: I had given up until now. I thought it was better to let members who are good at variety, for example, NakoMiku, or talkative members talk more. I'm aware I'm not great at it.

----- What do you think the future holds for HKT48 as a whole?
    Kodama: Let's see. The number of sister groups has increased, and individuality is being tested more than before. It's been decided that Sasshi will kennin STU, so I think 1st gen members's strengths in particular are being tried.

----- The sousenkyo baton has also been passed on.
    Kodama: I've said [Please support me next year]. That means, I have to take part next year (lol).

----- What is something you can do yourself?
    Kodama: Even now there are numerous social networks, I think the importance of theatre performance hasn't changed. I think the thing I can do, is to cherish our origins. Even though saying that, I haven't been on stage much yet. Since being on the NHK Hall stage on the last day of the HKT48 tour (14th April), I haven't been on stage. And even though we're appearing on music shows, we don't see any audience on the stage...

----- However, the other day there was a national handshake meeting in Fukuoka. What was the reaction of local fans?
    Kodama: [Welcome back!] or [Thank you for returning!] and similar things were said a lot. There were also a lot of people who had never participated in handshake meetings before.

----- What would be something you want to say to those fans that came to the handshake meeting who usually stay at home?
    Kodama: [So many of you came!] I'm really happy.

----- How was the NHK Hall in April? Appearing in front of fans for the first time in a while.
    Kodama: While in standby, my heart was fluttering. My heart was really beating a lot (lol). Because my appearance was a surprise, I was worried about how I should face my return. Even though I was on the stage alone from the beginning, I wonder if people realised it was me, when the spotlights hit me.

----- Because Matsuoka-san had been in that position until this point in the tour.
    Kodama: That's right.

----- Although you were anxious, you didn't cry.
    Kodama: Yes. But, I did come close. Listening to the cheers, I had to catch myself because [Aa, I'm being welcomed back!]. I was relieved. I was glad I had a place to return to.

----- You have a place to come back to. Please be assured. Are you the kind of person, who can talk to someone about your thoughts and worries?
    Kodama: I might not be. Until now I would talk to Chii-chan (Anai Chihiro), but she's graduated now. Even from a young age, when I found a person I could rely on, I will tend to depend on that person. At the moment there isn't anyone I can confide in. We do keep in contact, but because Chii-chan is facing towards her own important dream...

----- I see. I feel like this solves various mysteries.
    Kodama: Also, there aren't any members who have experienced the same situation as I have. I was working as a 1st gen, then I was a kennin in AKB48, traveling back an forth between Tokyo and Fukuoka... there weren't many members to spend time with so I felt lonely. Right now, it's not that I like being alone... but I'm used to it (lol). Maybe I've become stronger.

----- Is there anything you would like to do with the group from now on?
    Kodama: I want to go on tour again! I could hardly participate in this year's tour. But, because a tour schedule hasn't been announced, it's not yet decided what point to focus our hard work on.

----- What is something you want to do as the individual Kodama Haruka?
    Kodama: I want to work on acting. Through [Kyabasuka Gakuen] and [Tofu Pro-Wrestling], I began to enjoy acting. Although I can't say I am good at it, I'm frustrated at myself for that. I want to be confident in training properly. If not I'll feel anxious (lol).

----- Last year you said [I want to stand on stage].
    Kodama: That's right. It might have changed.

• Like Like x 2