1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kodama Haruka (Haruppi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Nov 27, 2011.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Thank you (and I clicked and read the link).

2. KodamaHarukaMyWaifu

KodamaHarukaMyWaifu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Thank you so much! I feel like I know Haruppi better after reading the translation.

"there weren't many members to spend time with so I felt lonely. Right now, it's not that I like being alone... but I'm used to it (lol). Maybe I've become stronger."

Reading that somehow made me feel so sad considering that she seemed to have gotten even less cheerful than she was back then. I never realized how important Chi-chan was for her and now seeing her barely smiling, barely interacting with members made me feel uncomfortable. I think she needs to be friends with some of the members in order to make her feel a bit better. I know it would be almost impossible to somehow replace someone like Chi-chan for her but if she continued acting like she's fine with being alone she she would probably end up depressed by the end of the day. I know some members in HKT want her to rely on them more and tell her problems to them (as some clearly stated in her seitensai) yet I know Haruppi wanted to appear strong to them and in the end it would end up with her ignoring them and basically going into an even more downward spiral as an idol.

Of course, i do not know her for real and for all we know maybe she has friends and shes laughing right now. Its all just based on what I read and what I can see these past few months. Please take my statement with a grain of salt. :)

3. noa

noa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    noayosei
    Another really long interview.
    Again please click so I can see it's being read https://imgur.com/a/kcoDj also because cba putting up all the scans.

BUBKA 01.JPG
    171130 BUBKA 1月号

CAN'T YET GO BACK, TO BEING A NORMAL GIRL.

THE TEAR JERKING DOCUMENTARY OF HER RETURN TO THEATRE
    SHE HERSELF SPEAKS ABOUT HER INTENT [FROM NOW ON]

KODAMA HARUKA
    HKT48 / Haruka Kodama

Out of breath, without time to look back she has been running for 6 years. Looking back at the footprints that have been left, the dreams of the [idol] that have come true are piled high. As a [normal girl] looking at the reality before her, the answer appeared. For the things she wants to protect, there are still things only she can do.

STILL, I AM AN IDOL, OTHER THAN MYSELF THERE IS SOMETHING I HAVE TO PROTECT

A STRANGE YEAR
    September 19th, 2017.
    It's the day of Kodama Haruka's 21st birthday.
    It's been 6 years since joining HKT48 as a 3rd year middle school student. Time has truly flown by. The theatre on which the first performance occurred, no longer exists. Comrades and juniors graduate, little by little.
    The times, are changing.
    However, while remaining in the group, one must adapt to the changes.
    That is why, stepping on the stage for her 21st Birthday stage, Kodama Haruka was content-----

This year, after recuperating for a while Kodama Haruka made a sparking return at the NHK Hall on April 14th. With thunderous applause the overcrowded audience greeted the surprise [The centre's return].
    However, it was not a full revival.
    Little by little, truly little by little.
    To not overexert, while pacing herself, she gradually increased her activities. Saving, as to not fall backwards. [It really was a unique year] laughed Kodama Haruka.

[For the first time this year, I started pro-wrestling. But in [Tofu Pro-Wrestling], my character left for Mexico, not to return (bitter smile). As it was, I took a break, having running forwards for a long time, for these past 6 years, I looked at what was before me. For the first time, I had time to think. As well as time to reflect. Well, I wonder why... it really was a unique and strange year.]

Indeed until now, there hadn't been any time to stop.
    When the theatre stages first began, she was abruptly chosen as centre, yet for the CD debut, she was dropped from that position.
    Since then while thinking about the group as a whole, she dreamed of the day she would return to centre, she trudged forwards.
    That dream came true, as well as the goal of being elected for [senbatsu] in sousenkyo, after being so hard to reach the year before, it had been reached.
    Looking back, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say, she had managed to do everything an idol should by 20 years old.

[Since I didn't appear in the spring tour (Yabuki) Nako-chan held the under position, so looking at it objectively I thought [Oh, even when I'm not present HKT48 will continue to exist]. While lonely, a part of me also felt put at ease.
    While on hiatus, I, stopped being an idol. It was only for a moment but I think I returned to being an [ordinary girl].]

Looking at HKT48 from the perspective of an ordinary girl, the fact that activities would continue even without the presence of Kodama Haruka was a [reality].

[Because of that, I'm sure there was also an option to simply return to being a normal girl... but I could not go back to being an ordinary girl just yet.
    Other than myself there was something I wanted to protect, something that even I could not separate from even when I distanced myself. Those were the fans. Without the presence of the fans I could not be standing here, and if there are people waiting and people who continue to support me, I, have to keep going. Aa, still, I'm an idol after all.]

A PLACE TO RETURN TO

And so it was Kodama Haruka who returned to HKT48, it couldn't be helped having left important things [forgotten].
    That was the [Theatre].
    The start of everything was from the theatre, there was a sensation that to not revisit, the next step could not be taken. However, without a dedicated theatre at present, the situation has performances borrowing the Tenjin Nishitetsu Hall.
    Performing at any time, it's not possible in this environment. Nevertheless, the situation improves. From September it became possible to use the [Papillon 24 Gas Hall], and the number of performances have increased.
    Moreover the 19th September Birthday Performance also occurred at the Gas Hall.
    Still, the hurdle of theatre performances is not that low.

[Time is needed for lessons after all. It's different to when performing daily stages, since just a week of break was enough to cause anxiety, in the past.Because the break was over multiple months, with all the songs and dances, there's no choice but to rehearse, as well as working on stamina. Also, since I've become a bit rounder, I definitely need to go on a die~t (bitter smile). Thinking of it like this, no matter how much time there is it won't be enough.]

As the performance approached, postings on social media decreased, and then stopped. The fans voiced their worries, but unless she was focused she would not be able to return to theatre.
    Of course unless aiming for perfection, there is no need to immerse yourself, but in order to return to theatre, the extent of preparation, shows that the [theatre fantasy] still exists, within the 48 group.
    A place you can reset.
    After all, the joy of having the [origin] of the theatre, that itself is the strength of the 48 group.
    And so, the day of performance.
    For this day, the team composition listed the names of many 1st gen members.

[After all I'm relieved. Even just being in the dressing room, I felt calm. Even as generation comrades there's something special, about 1st gen. Coming from nothing, in a situation where we didn't know anything we put our strengths together to create HKT48, and somehow, the memories of the [bond] from that time, came back to me.]

The setlist is different, and the location is different.
    Nonetheless, the atmosphere in the theatre that day recalled the feeling from [26th November 2011].

[It can't be helped that the location of the theatre has changed. Even so there is a place where our current selves can be seen properly, and I am thankful, for this important thing. Our feelings haven't changed [the things we can do now], we want to show that will all our strength.]

The things they can do, now.
    Indeed, how can they show they're in good shape?
    Watching Kodama Haruka on stage, a single insecurity crossed the mind.
    Her expressions were stiff. Sure enough, in terms of singing it was quite an aggressive performance. Speaking of the Kodama Haruka who had performed in theatre until now, just by appearing, as if emitting an aura she was gorgeous. Contrastingly a hardness was transmitted from the stage.
    Incidentally the Papillon 24 Gas Hall, has a capacity the same as Nishitetsu Hall, but the entire venue lies lengthways. However since the distance of the audience from the stage is fairly short, the member's facial expressions can be seen clearly even from the back of the seats. Even seeing the same stage, one is left with a different experience to that of Nishitetsu Hall. With two theatres, from the side of the audience, the difference is rather interesting.
    In the first MC Kodama Haruka's emotions broke through.
    Without stopping, the tears falling. She cried.

[I had actually decided not to cry until it was over, but it was no use. From the moment I stepped on stage, it was difficult. Before stepping out, I'd already been in many many performances, but seeing the audience's light-sticks, just... everyone, it was so sweet and kind~.
    But, I'm glad I cried at that point. My anxiety was dispersed, and bit by bit I was able to perform more freely.]

Indeed that's what it looked like. Little by little her natural smile returned.
    The theatre as the [sea]. The members as the [water].
    And Kodama Haruka as the [fish], giving the sense of swimming freely.
    Indeed, this is the place for her to return to.

TOWARDS A NEW [1]

Being a birthday show, at the last MC they answered questions from the audience, and there was also a chance for communication with fans.
    And so the statement that [I will run for the 2018 sousenkyo] flew out.
    As this was a year of recuperation, she declined participation in sousenkyo, and watched with family from home. Another page of this [unique year]. And so this statement was to tell fans, she would return to the [ordinary year before].

Although it's still ahead, the more future activities are discussed, fans are reassured. While standing on the theatre stage, time and space distort, and one returns to the beginning.
    Kodama Haruka's return to theatre, is not simply a one off for her birthday.
    From here on, as much as possible, she will try to appear in theatre.

[I was nervous that day, and I am nervous even now. Since I've been away from theatre for a while, being seen from so close, one becomes aware of being watched closely. Every time, I think, I need to work harder. It becomes a good motivation.]

Interestingly at a similar time, Miyawaki Sakura herself stated [I want to appear more in theatre] in order to show her appeal, so when here schedule allows she will be in the theatre. Because their teams are different they will not stand on the same stage, but the new movement of HKT48 can be felt.

[As idols, I think it differs between members as to where they can shine the most, and as I though (Matsuoka) Hana-chan shines very brightly, so when I turned 21, I wondered if to support these members I need to become a [platform].
    Still, one can shine even in a supporting role, since doing activities as an idol, I think it's not good enough unless you can truly say [I am shining the most right now]. However during this time, while appearing in (Watanabe) Mayu-san's graduation concert, we, the remaining members need to work harder. The time has come when we have to match up to the members who have supported the 48 group until now. The things I must do, there are still many more.]

By the time this issue is released HKT48 will have finished their 6th anniversary performance, the next step will have been taken. On the 27th December, the first original album in the 6 years since formation will be released.
    On that day, the moment when Kodama Haruka returned to the theatre as centre became [0], and from there HKT48 is rapidly moving towards a new [1].
    Eventually, the day when Kodama Haruka returns to being an [ordinary day] will come.
    However, that isn't now.
    Now, the place she needs to return to is HKT48, and since the moment of return a new story has already begun...
    The her who promised 2018, there is only the future.
    (November 13th, Tokyo)

YOU CAN SHINE WHILE SUPPORTING. [I'M SHINING THE MOST RIGHT NOW] IF YOU CAN'T SAY THAT THEN IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Profile_Haruka Kodama
    Born 19.09.1996, from Fukuoka.
    HKT48 Team H / AKB48 Team K kennin

Information_CD
    HKT48's 1st Album 27th December on Sale!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Xanthon

Xanthon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakamiku
    I don't know...

Attached Files:

5. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    ^It's probably just me but I find Madoka looks almost sick next to her!

6. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Damn, she's so plump

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

7. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Omg did she eat Sakura or something

• Like Like x 1
  8. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Her neck also looks more voluminous

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

9. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    As someone who struggles with my weight, I don't find fat jokes or fat shaming funny. We don't know her, but my guess is that she is not happy with her weight.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    She definitely looks very different, and by the pictures it does seem that she has gained weight since she came back from hiatus. This certainly doesn’t back up previous speculations about a back injury during tofu pro-wrestling, it reminds me of Meru and her struggle with emotional problems and her own weight gain. I just hope Haruppi can figure out what she needs to do for herself in order to get well again. She doesn’t look as cheery and energetic as before, whatever she’s going through seems like something more emotional than physical...

In other notes, maybe she needs a different hairstyle that flatters more round faces, that can give her a boost in confidence... it’s always hard to see yourself looking so different, and not being used to this new face and body, perhaps she needs to get comfortable with herself again to start turning things back around! Lots of love to Haruppi, may she recover quickly!

11. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    Bring back Katsuzetsu hairstyle 2018!!!Yay!I'm half-kidding!I mean mohawk probably wouldn't maybe fit the idol image but spiky-ish can be cute if done well!

12. Xanthon

Xanthon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakamiku
    What's really frustrating is that we do not know what happened to her. Making it hard to understand the drastic change that is happening to her. She seems to put on more weight now then she did during hiatus. Unless facts are presented, she will continued to be fat shamed on 2ch and other communities. It's just the cruel world of idol.

13. KodamaHarukaMyWaifu

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Really, you have to go there? She's probably binge eating you know? Probably from depression. I've seen her look a bit thinner and then suddenly rounder in a span of days and I think that's what happens if you prevent yourself from eating in hopes of losing weight and finally having a chance to eat as much as you can once you fail to resist the temptation. I know its a joke but as a huge fan, it just triggers me :(

14. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    It could also be the effect of some meditation, some do make you "swell". I'm quite sure cortison is one of those and one many get to help against inflammation ( could be the back problems or something). Either way, the fat-shaming really bothers me! Haruppi is a very dedicated and hardworking girl, it's not like she is the type to lay in bed eating candy, unless something is wrong!

15. Xanthon

Xanthon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakamiku
    I've been on SSRI for 11 years. It's not as bad as you think. Especially if you move around a lot like an idol.

Something is definitely happening to her. This weight increment is not gradual like Kimoto Kanon. It's sudden. She was still fine when she came back during the Kanto Tour. I hate that we need to speculate.

16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  17. KodamaHarukaMyWaifu

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I just hope the hosts in the akbingo show wont turn her into a "fatty" character :(

18. Kodamako

Kodamako Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    yeah, it's a bit harsh to mention it when other members do not talk about it too

19. SoulSwiper

SoulSwiper Kenkyuusei

The difference is very apparent if you go back to old videos like I just did. Not just saying she's gained weight. But it's like because of it, her confidence absolutely plummeted and she seems like a shell of that cheerful, bubbly self that I fell in love with.
    Haven't struggled with weight before, but I'm pretty sure it's a slippery slope like most things. You get depressed and everything gets worst.
    I just hope everything gets back to normal before the next SSK.

20. noa

noa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    noayosei
    Back with my medical / female perspective lololol
    Like always idk how to summarise my thoughts

While there have been speculations of Haruppi being depressed, it doesn't match up with her very sudden disappearance back at the beginning of the year. That being said, it is very possible that she developed mental health problems during the time she was on break as a consequence of what happened.

It is very possible that she is taking medications of some sort. I'd almost say that most of the girls are probably on something or other even if it's just for skin or period control. And yes it is true that medications can cause weight gain. But the extent of weight gain is usually very minimal. Even for medications that are commonly known to cause weight gain like antidepressants, it will only be a small change.

Haruppi also doesn't look like she's gained the weight due to a disease process such as thyroid or adrenal issues as these have very stereotypical patterns of fat collection as well as other symptoms.

Sticking with the health theme, Haruppi is in her very early 20s and this is a common time for autoimmune diseases to develop. Things like type 1 diabetes or Crohn's disease can happen at any time but it becomes rarer with age. The treatment is specific to what is wrong but steroids are commonly involved and these are one of the worse drugs for weight gain. But again, the weight gain from steroids tends to be rather characteristic.

Could her weight gain be due to medication? Yes. Can we say for sure going by what little we see of her? No.
    Could it be due to illness, depression or otherwise? Yes. But again we shouldn't come to early conclusions.

It's difficult seeing Haruppi like this. She is aware of her weight and she has even said so which is very brave imo. She continues to appear and while it's a bit difficult to follow where she'll appear next, she is still showing herself to fans in handshakes or on occasional performances. It must be very difficult for her.

I can't say that just because I'm a girl that I know what Haruppi's situation is like. I've personally also struggled with my weight and I know that even just putting on clothes can feel uncomfortable and upsetting. You want to hide away in the dark because no matter what it feels like people are looking and judging you. Being surrounded by slender and beautiful girls you become aware of how even that favourite skirt that used to fit perfectly is now digging into your waist as if it's making fun of you. Sitting down you start to worry about how big your thighs look when they spread out and you want to hug your arms close to make yourself take up less space but then remember that your arms must look huge when they're squished against you. Even though food will make you feel better because taste is a pleasurable experience, it is always coupled with guilt... (I've lost weight so I'm not this bad anymore but the thoughts remain)

These feelings are probably familiar to anyone whose had difficulties with their weight and Haruppi probably is also struggling. But she's still showing up and trying to slowly return which is very brave. She's even promised to run for ssk. Weight loss isn't easy and coupled with attempting to return from a long hiatus and smile like nothing happened must be incredibly difficult. Of course I want to know what happened. Of course I'm curious. But more than that, I want Haruppi to come back to us

• Like Like x 2