1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    What is It?
    Why some fans are saying that Aoi Harada is going to be a member of the MUM48?

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. trxsh

trxsh Member

to troll i guess but its not that funny or anything. kind of funny that Indonesian fans would make fun of her dark skin though

its clearly not real

• Like Like x 1
  3. welp

welp Next Girls

I guess some moderately fast tempo songs of AKB may sound alright to the Indian with EDM remix. Still, I don't remember any sister group commercially released remixed music.

The Indian seems to prefer extremely energetic dance. Most of AKB's routines may not look like dances, just awkward move to the song, to the Indian.

4. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    NMB's Kamonegix (remo-con remix)?

imo, some stage songs can do well in India (along with dance songs like UZA, Escape, Kamonegix, Must be now, etc.)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  5. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    And I can not wait for UZA in Hindi version:banana:

But I do not think the first songs that MUM will release are energetic songs, but a good 1st single for them would be "Melon Juice", "Aozora Kataomoi" or "Zetsumetsu Kurokami Shoujou".

6. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

It will be interesting to see how true to AKB48 the new group stays. AKB48 is just very different from anything that Indians are used to. Koisuru Fortune Cookie sounds good in any language though.

7. welp

welp Next Girls

Sadly, just like other oversea sister groups, I guess it will be so true to AKB.

8. TNAmarkFromIndia

Remains to be seen if that is a bad thing. Like I said, AKB48 is very different from what Indians are used to in terms of music and choreography. Maybe that's what will gain them new fans in India.

9. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    @BadIcecream Are these songs in Hindi?
    These songs are powerful

would be great if they could do a performance of these songs.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  10. TNAmarkFromIndia

All except the 3rd song are Bollywood Hindi songs.

11. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Slightly off-topic (?), Mikurin tweeted this recently: https://twitter.com/miku_monmon3939/status/948778925471121410
    Yes, except the one w/o vocals and I remember liking the first song when it came out. Bollywood music used to be a whole lot better back then:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  12. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I think the best part of this will be listening to them singing the English words of AKB songs in a super thick Indian accent.

13. Sapporo

Sapporo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    AKB already going to Western Asia!

14. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  15. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    ^lol
    India's in South Asia.

16. akboa96

akboa96 Kenkyuusei

I am late to discovering that AKB48 is going to have a sister group in India but as an Indian fan I'm only wondering how they're going to fill a team of 16-20. I don't see many Indian teen girls being very open to applying to a group (if the girls are even able to understand the concept of a "group", especially one as out of the norm as 48group) which would sound sketchy and skeptical at best to a random Indian person. But of course there are many Indian girls out there who are crazed about breaking into Bollywood by any means, and there is also the consideration that any number of such girls might see MUM48 as a potential stepping stone into the Bollywood industry. Overall, I find it hard to gauge how many applicants they might see whenever they start auditions.

On another note, about 7 years back, when I was 14 years old, I'd have given anything to be part of the 48group as part of my obsession with all things 48. I am quite naturally above that phase now, but I was telling my sister how much of a pity it feels like rn, that they didn't decide on doing this some 3-4 years earlier and base it in New Delhi. Part of me feels bitter that a part of the object of my childhood admiration is now come so close, yet I am now grown far too much in life to be able to revel in it :^^;:

17. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^ That's truly a pity, I feel bad for you... I'm cheering on whatever you are doing right now as long as it makes you happy !
    Ah this reminded me of when I first discovered AKB48... All my friends wanted to be idols while I wanted to be manager my 12 years old as she was already obsessed with money :'D

But you made me curious about the age range, I wonder how old the members will be...

EDIT:
    @akboa96 I just checked the MNL48 page and you still have a chance ! If 7 years ago you were 14 that means that today you're 21 or 20 (if you haven't celebrated your birthday yet) right ? Well a lot of the top candidates are between 18 and 20, so it means that you still have a chance ! :D

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  18. akboa96

akboa96 Kenkyuusei

That upper limit for MNL48 is a surprise to me since I was so sure one of the sister groups’ (BNK I believe) had an upper age limit of 19.

I actually do think that upper age limit for MUM48 would have to be higher, maybe 23-24 years old. Indian law has strict restrictions on employment of individuals under the age of 14, and most middle class to upper class families (who might be forming the bulk of applicants for such a project) also have many apprehensions about letting teenaged children work. But entertainment industry is a whole different ballgame so I can’t exactly be sure about it. Also, the concept of teen idols is almost nonexistent in India. The most popular ones are all foreigners- the likes of Justin Bieber or One Direction or Shawn mendes, or, of course, (in more of a niche but with bubbling popularity) the ever charming kpop idols, more recently almost exclusively BTS.
    Amongst Indian celebrities, the closest one to being a teen idol (youth icon, social media influencer amongst teens, etc), is already 24 years old (Alia Bhat). She started when she was ~19 years old I think. Just the way India has always been, I think the lower age limit and upper age limit would both have to be raised a bit. Age range might be 16-24 years old.

As for me, I am quite content with life right now haha. Of course I do feel some pity but like I said, I’m already over that phase. You said it yourself in that anecdote of you and your friends, but I am rather well aware that wanting to be an idol back then was as predictable a fancy as it could’ve been for any impressionable young girl. I mean, which young girl with an admiration for such girl groups wouldn’t want to wear adorable outfits and sing the cutest songs while being allowed to enjoy herself if she does put her heart into it. It’s wasnt even just cuteness! They were sweet and strong and nice and kind and just so wonderful, overall. And then there would have been the added bonus of being able to meet and know the likes of Sae, Yuko & Sayaka (old team K trio ftw!).

I think I just feel a pang for the residual pieces of hope from back then that have long been buried deep within my heart and suddenly rose from the ashes after reading about this sister group. I just hope there are more young AKB48 fans out there, like 14 year old me from back then, whose wild dreams are about to come true

19. welp

welp Next Girls

West Asia are Middle East + few CIS countries I believe.

The upper limit for MNL48 is far from a surprise as precedent BNK had (and is having) the limit of 22 (which resulted 2 members 23 by the time of debut).

48 groups are not meant to be "youth icon" nor "media influencer among the teen", they are meant to be replenishment for weary salarymen and women.

20. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^ It does sound logical now that you said it but thevindia group might aim for youth instead of grown adults who must not be familiar with idols

@akboa96 that was such a pretty thing to write especially the last part about the next generation