MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Besides BNK, the upper age limits for STU and NGT 1st gen auditions were 22 and 23, respectively. In fact, for most auditions, the upper age limit usually lies somewhere between 20-24.
    MUM48 will probably have higher age limits (for a whole lot of reasons).
    So, please don't give up on your dreams yet. Try auditioning for MUM48 (if you're eligible to apply). You might just get in.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    In Japan, that is. (Male) Teenagers seems to make quite a portion in JKT48 fanbase/fandom. Maybe different country, different targetted/resulted fan demography?

3. trxsh

trxsh Member

^ Indonesia's large youth population (proportionate to the population as a whole) and growing economy giving many young people disposable income for the first time was cited as a major factor for judging the potential market for JKT. In Japan, the fan base is mostly middle aged to older, but Japan has quite an old population. Other international sister groups will more likely target younger people too since they'll be more receptive to pop music with a foreign concept like 48g idols. The SNH groups have more teen and young adult fans too.

4. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    if MUM makes more videos about the group, many people in India will hear about it and they will be interested on group.

5. akboa96

akboa96 Kenkyuusei

You took the words right out of my mouth. I’m talking in terms of India, not Japan. I don’t see Indian adults following a bunch of young girls unless they truly break into the mainstream of Bollywood by making the girls act and such, but even then it’s individuals, not a group. If you’re putting out young adult entertainers, then expect them to be mostly followed by young adults. Adults in India do not have a culture of being fans of young people. As a general trend, most Indian celebrities are their peak when they’re around 30 or older. We don’t even have the concept of idols or teen idols, but I do expect that a girl group with young girls will be mostly followed by youngsters. 24 years old isn’t even considered old in Bollywood so thats another factor, most fans of celebs in their early 20s are youngsters. If MUM48 age range is similar then their core fanbase will also be high school and college kids.
    Of course, I just feel skeptical because idol singer, girl groups etc are not a thing in India, even regular bands with instruments are not mainstream. The way they market this group is what will really matter and so far it looks sort of, um, not that good? Terribly translated video titles on YouTube, the fact that it’s in Hindi in the first place when the even Bollywood movie posters and songs have romanised titles. And someone already mentioned that it’s not been reported anywhere in India.

The only good thing is, politically, Japan relations with India is extremely good. So if there’s any support from the Government side, they have decent chances at being successful. And their partner company has decent experience too.

6. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

The demographic the group targets will definitely have to be young adults and kids. The Indian market is far different from the Japanese market where older men cheering on young girls is the norm. In general though, India has a largely young population with an average age of about 27 and it's mostly the youth that spends here on entertainment than the older generation.

I think the success of the group lies on how the Indian partners handle it. They have some experience in film and television but talent management and event production is a different animal. I don't see them getting government support for an idol project.

7. Sapporo

Sapporo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Welp I'm bad at Geography. :fp:

8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm a 20 year old female and I found AKB around 18, and when I first told my friends about AKB, one of them said, "I find it nice when girls can encourage other girls" (implying that AKB's general demographic is around my age and gender) & when I told him that the majority of fans were adult men, he was really quite shocked lol

9. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    Other beautiful Indian songs I found.

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here
    But I hope MUM will sing the songs from Japan48 in Hindi or some other Indian language because if they sing in English I will not accompany the group.

10. TNAmarkFromIndia

There's no reason to believe they will sing in English. I don't see them singing in a regional language either (not for all their songs anyway). It will be in Hindi for sure.

11. Pavlova

Pavlova Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otaaika
    They might do it like JKT with sometimes throwing in an English version? JKT used to do that right, Like both a bahasa and english version on the same single? they might do Hindi + English for Mum48...

I wouldn't be surprised.

12. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    Because some people have spoken in this thread that some Indians do not understand Hindi.

13. TNAmarkFromIndia

Only in a couple of South Indian states and a few eastern states. Hindi is still the most widely spoken language in India and the Hindi film and television industry is the biggest in the country. There are far more Hindi speakers than that of English.

14. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I used to work for an Indian family and also lived in their house (live-in nanny), and they didn't speak Hindi. To be fair, they had been living in England since the parents were little, but they were fluent in Punjabi

15. TNAmarkFromIndia

Hindi isn't the first language of most Indians. Having said that, many can speak and understand it. Spoken Punjabi is fairly similar to Hindi. Most Indians are bilingual or even trilingual (if you include English). Punjabi is a regional language. In the state of Maharashtra where Mumbai is located, the regional language is Marathi. A lot of people's first language there is Marathi, but they can also speak Hindi.

It's most likely that Indian family can understand or even speak Hindi even if they don't converse in the language on a daily basis.

16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't doubt that, I just never felt the need to ask, to be fair ^^;

I don't know if you know about European languages (I wouldn't blame you if you don't), but could it be compared to Dutch vs German? I can't speak Dutch but I can pretty much understand everything because of its similarities to German and my Dutch friends feel pretty similar about German.

17. TNAmarkFromIndia

I know that both languages are similar to each other (and that Afrikaans is even closer to Dutch) but I don't understand both languages enough to be able to say how similar the two are, even though I was planning on learning German at one point of time.

I'd say that pure Punjabi is about 60-70% intelligible to Hindi speakers. Having said that, Hindi has had a growing influence on Punjabi in recent times with Bollywood coming out with Punjabi songs and Punjabi artistes coming out with songs that's more understandable to Hindi speakers. Punjabi songs are actually the most popular in India right now after Bollywood songs. Regular conversational Punjabi spoken today is about 80-90% intelligible to Hindi speakers and vice versa. A person that's grown up speaking only Punjabi with no Hindi influence would still be able to understand most of Hindi even though some of the words used are completely different. However, it would take an effort for them to adapt to Hindi and use Hindi words instead of Punjabi, simply out of habit.

Apologies for providing a lot of unnecessary information you probably had no interest in knowing.

18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    No, thank you, it was very interesting to read. Thank you!

19. akboa96

akboa96 Kenkyuusei

I was talking about Japanese government. It’s a stretch but there are already tens of conspiracy theories out there regarding japanese government, Tokyo 2020, Cool japan and 48G expansions all being linked.

20. welp

welp Next Girls

At least, the link between foreign sister groups and Cool Japan is not simply a conspiracy theory. BNK48, TPE48 and MNL48 were reported supported by Cool Japan. Recently, the line-up for oversea activities seems to include more popular members.