1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Now I really want to know what are they actually planning for Kanji so when Techi can't perform they thought it is for the best that Kanji doesn't perform. I know that some people are thinking that they can just perform with the rest, but depending on how difficult the overall performance is, they might think it is almost impossible to replace Techi thus need to have a plan B. If they didn't plan for plan B, then their plan B might be just doing a regular concert and simply performing the songs without possibly the extra theatrical stuff on top of it. No matter how good Kanji performance is, when they only performing songs while Hiragana might have something more than just performing the song, then it won't look good for Kanji.
    I do think management have decided this carefully and have looked at all of the option because even management won't be stupid enough to cancel an idol concert when only one of the member can't perform. If Kanji can still give a better performance vs Hiragana, I'm pretty sure management wouldn't cancel Kanji performances because it would be a really stupid decision. Yes, the current decision might be stupid, but IF Kanji give a lesser show than Hiragana, then it might damage the Kanji/Keyakizaka brand more vs cancelling Kanji performance (both action is going to damage the brand, but again, the lesser of 2 evils).
    Some people assume that Kanji can still give a better performance than Hiragana regardless of what has happened because Kanji is more experienced, which might be true. That is why it would be interesting to see how Hiragana concert will turn out and from there we probably can make a better argument on whether we think Kanji can create a better performance than Hiragana in 2 weeks time. I would be really annoyed if Hiragana turns out to give a simple performance.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Nothing new under the sun in this post, BUT there is some interesting bits:

If we continue this way, we will only burden Hirate-chan, and as a group we cannot advance.

The Budokan we dreamed of
    Those who can appear to perform collectively holds some responsibility to work together
    Now, as a whole we wanted to try to do it
    It was a long awaited great chance that we received.
    But, we do not have the time…

We listened to the staff-san’s composed opinion and tried to understand.
    If the group as we are now, were to stand at Budokan, we probably wouldn’t be able to do it.
    And I have to accept that.

It sounds a bit like the girls wanted to go on a perform on their own without Tecchi but management dissuaded them from doing so.
    Which translates to management thinking way too high of Tecchi and/or way too low of the others.

Again, 20 girls with 2.5 years of experience can't adapt some simple choreographies but the 9 girls who joined last August can do wonders in the next three weeks?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2018
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I wonder what sound 20 girls being thrown under a bus makes

4. Rurouni

That is only if you think that the choreo will be simple, which I don't think it will be simple. That is why I would like to see Hiragana performance. Basically when I watch the Hiragana concert, I want to be able to say "There is no way Kanji can come up with something better in 2 weeks time". If they can't make me say that, then... hm... management... bad management....

5. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Wait. We won't even have 20 girls. Wasn't Zuumin announced to be in hiatus last month? Is she supposed to be returning for the Budoukan?

6. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I also saw Uemura saying they didn't have time to change centers and formation.. so their solution to that is to add two more days for Hiragana.. who has to learn new setlists from scratch in a span of 2 weeks and 2nd gen barely having any experience @.@ at least give Kanji 1 day.

When Memi broke her arm, it didn't stop them... she's pretty much Hiragana's center (or at least she centered most of their earlier songs)...

Plot twist: this was all planned. /insert sound effects/

7. Rurouni

I don't think they will change up the setlist much for those 3 days Hiragana concert, assuming what they have planned for Hiragana is really awesome, awesome enough for the management to decide that Kanji can't do anything in 2 weeks time to match that.

8. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@too much idea thanks for the Sugai blog translation and i am surprised that Hiragana got more experience in concerts than Kanji ....really?

At the end of the day, the staff-san made the decision and Kanji must be devastating. Kanji Budokan debut will delay infinitely depends on how successful Hiragana perform in 3 days concerts. after the Kouhaku incident and Kanji Budokan cancellation....this is a bad start in 2018 and still a long freaking way til December.....

9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Memi is one of the centers, but Hiragana choreos and concerts aren't structured like Kanji are (right yesterday I was watching one of the few Hiragana show performances.. and it was basic movements level). I think everyone should (if they want/have time) go back to read @gocchisama report from the Tour. I have to admit, his words had been a big push for me in following Keyaki. Granted, the girls did the rest, but still....

this said, I've being set against mngmnt since months, so, I fully agree with your point. But, once again, Gocchisama made a good post here in this thread, a lot of pages ago, and while I can't fully agree on that, or completely accept it right now, it's something worth to be thought about.

meanwhile I took the chance to also rewatch Hiragana live and that a cappella medley man.... :inlove: still loving it. (ok... I was also trying to crack Soredemo voices but that is still mostly a faillure on my part. Positive point:In 3 days they'll do it at least once and we'll see who sing what line lol) (FINALLY)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  10. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    isn't it part of the job for the member to adapt to changes, and isn't it part of management's job to adapt to this sort of situation. i mean, 3 weeks is more than enough time for them to make and practice some sort of 'new' setlist, yeah it would probably be slightly different, but they already know the songs, its their own, they already practiced it before, all they need to do for the concert is to simply re-learn the move, get that muscle memory back, and do final rehearsal at the venue itself (which they usually do the day before the concert), and if they really want to do a narrative, then make a new one (again its part of their job). remember, this happen 3 weeks before the concert, 3 WEEKS (where there is time to adapt and at least make a good show) i wonder what would happen if techi broke her arm 3 days before the concert? would they cancel the concert as well? from the looks of it, yes, considering how shit the other 20 member is. and don't say that giving the concert to Hiragana is considered as a good plan, because throwing away YOUR problem to someone else and let them deal with YOUR problem while YOU watch from the side (which is what Kanji is doing basically) is probably the worst thing a human being can do to another, not to mention a group

11. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

wwww
    What do you mean by that? That hiragana girls are easier to manage, hence the push?
    I have no evidence, but kanji have strong minded characters in their line up and most of them are reluctant to change their ways. They also voice and show their opinions more openly. Gana is the completely opposite, you tell them to do something and they do it.
    If I was a manager at kyz46, I know I would prefer to manage gana, but as a fan I find kanji more interesting. Heck if i was in charge, some of the kanji girls would be booted, until they learn how to act/fake it in front of cameras and TV shows. But do people want to see that, I reckon no.
    Because Budokan is a big arena, I was hoping they would release a live blu-ray/dvd, but that is now out of the window... and might never actually happen seeing how things are developing.

12. kenzabo

kenzabo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    i would watch the drama between two grouips if that happen lol :hehe:

13. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    To be fair if she broke her arm 3 days before the concert it’ll probably still run, but the performances will be adapted haphazardly, and we’d all be back here complaining about how poorly they adapted the performance without Techi :awesome: in a crude way, they’re taking advantage of the fact they’re 3 weeks out to come up with a way of saving the dates i.e. throw in Hiragana.
    The interesting thing for me is Sugai saying that Hiragana has more solo live experience than Kanji; I know that Kanji’s been around for a lot longer than Hiragana, but maybe that was also a factor for letting them take the reins, since they’ve performed more in live settings compared to Kanji? Of course this is assuming that Sugai is accurate about their performance experience/we believe her, they sound like they tried adapting the performances left right and sideways before giving up.

@MaiAkikoChan as far as I know Zuumin was only taking a break from the Year End Keyaki activities, the big one being Kouhaku

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Donmai, donmai! :D That's what an oshi should do for their Oshimen. Keep supporting her! :)

UE!!! ❤❤❤ I miss her so much! :inlove: KEYA is UEMURA, UEMURA is KEYA! ALL HAIL UEMURA!!!:worthy:

CMIIW, I think it is true, Hiragana have more solo live, because Hiragana got their Zenkoku Tour, before Kanji. More than that, the tour was also much longer, from March to December. And, they also participated on Kanji Zenkoku Tour, although only performing several song. So, based on this, if we talk abou solo live, Hiragana has more than Kanji. But, I think both groups has similar experiences, because Kanji also made lot of appearances on many music shows.
    -----------
    For Hiragana Budokan concert, I hope, there will be another Hiragana Keyaki Show that cover their 3 days Budokan concert. And, the one that do the report is Kanji members. :)

15. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i hope they dont pick Kanji members to do the special reporter for Budokan concert....that's really awkward....

16. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    i agree that having strong minded character is good for a group. and i also agree that it is very interesting to watch this drama unfold (its interesting enough to light up this forum). but i don't think this sort of attitude and behavior would get them very far, because people who are watching it would eventually get sick of it (i know i have) and the people who have to work with them (TV producer, promotor, and other third party people) would just say "its not worth the risk putting our reputation on the line to work with them, we can just bring the hiragana, since they are easier to work with and give similar result (profit)".
    give up?? they have a job and they give up?? if that's the case then they are much worst than i imagine. they have 3 weeks to adapt and they give up after like what, a week??? how shit are they (management and members) to just give up on a job after ONE member (though an important one) is sidelined. i mean, i never see the whole Real Madrid team suddenly walked off the pitch after Ronaldo got tackled..
    that's because hetfield is a pro and know how to work around a problem, unlike the Keyaki management

17. glsone

glsone Member

I just assumed all the Kanji girls would go to the show to watch and support their friends anyway. I'd like to think they aren't so far gone as to completely abandon Hiragana after throwing them to the wolves.

18. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @delta29 don’t take my word for it that they “gave up”! It probably wasn’t as blasé or easily decided upon as I’ve put it, and that was my poor choice of words.

It’s getting late in the day from my part of the world, at some point you get tired of trying to find nice way to say things on the internet and just post whatever comes first xD

19. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    i get what you mean, its getting late at my part as well (very actually). but you can't deny the fact that there are some element of "giving up" in the kanji side. but i totally get what you mean, its not that clear....

20. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @delta29 oh for sure there’s an element of “resigning” to the fact that Kanji can’t do Budokan, but at least with Sugai and Uemura’s posts it gives some context as if it were a difficult and hard fought decision to cancel Kanji’s side, while some people are treating it like it was a flick of the switch decision to shove Kanji to the side and let Hiragana step in. We can rant, we can say how useless people are, but at the end of the day we can’t change anything, so let’s just vent, theorise and move on to the next thing ^_^

Or this is all management controlled propaganda, don’t trust anything the member says on Budokan *cue conspiracy music* :awesome: