1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Takayanagi Akane (Churi) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Jun 13, 2009.

1. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Some exaggeration on my part, but u get the point

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  3. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

4. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    ^ One of my favourite streaming channels for some hard to find SKE vids. (fingers crossed)
    Also, Churi's december appearance for those who missed it 171208 おはスタ SKE48 高柳明音

And I just spent about 10 minutes looking through her twitter pics for what I thought I remembered was related pics leaving early to record it, but they were for something else. Posting them anyway for cuteness! (she's wearing her expensive Musubi mask lol)
    DPloV-3UQAAyjkU.jpg DPloV-4VwAAcl-p.jpg

5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Agreed and agreed. That channel alone is now my most visited site. Such a joy.

lol that mask. The musubi episode was such long time ago. :D

6. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Just came by to note that Churi hasn't been in a theatre since November 30. I hope she gets to rest in this upcoming period when her play ends. She'll have practice for Basara in February and she mentioned she wants to go to the wrestling event too so that's even more practice in February if she does. I don't receive her mails anymore so I don't really know how she's dealing with it on a daily basis. Her exhaustion usually shows during these periods with some sad sounding tweets where she gets nostalgic and messages Rena a lot, but I'm not sure about now. Maybe she's handling it better for now. Speaking about Rena, Churi's tweet about how people who are making a fuss about Rena changing her hair colour are idiots was great.

Anyway great site, really. I heard one of the bigger (Chinese?) private trackers went down so I'm finding it harder to watch stuff.
    I can't watch some of these even if I'm in Japan. My TV for instance only has five channels so there's a lot of shows I can only see online, and lots of these shows are region-blocked anyway. It's one thing seeing people complain about it on Twitter and then coming face to face with it. I pretty much only watch Eiga Mania since it's not really uploaded.
    I also never got a credit card or phone here and those are always posing problem for me getting into events or watching stuff. (Not for Churi, but you know who)

7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  8. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I didn't even notice how long it's been from the theatre! I guess I don't watch them frequently enough. I'm a little concerned about her if she adds wrestling to her workload now. She's been working a lot and often doesn't get much rest. But it's nice to have those concerns. It means she's doing well for herself. And yeah, I was gonna post that tweet before as an example of the outbursts we were talking about, but she had already deleted it. I don't recall it mentioning Rena by name, but everyone knew lol.

9. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Well wrestling is confirmed now.

https://www.wipofficial.jp/queendom/
    名古屋を拠点にする新団体「しゃちほこ連合」が参戦
    「地元開催なら黙っていられない!」と名古屋の新勢力が緊急参戦を表明!
    八度目の引退をしたバード高柳は、名古屋勢の参戦を聞きつけ、九度目の復帰を決意

Churi said that she hasn't started training or gotten any details though.

10. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    I like this lore. It'll be the ninth time she makes a comeback after her eighth retirement. Great world building.

I want to go just to see Churi but the prices are a bit high and I'm not a fan of this concept, although it looked cool the last time they did it. I would consider going if you got a 2shot, cheki, or interaction. Instead you get a hand print and some pamphlet... great.

I hope the training won't be too hard. I'm curious to see who her opponent will be; whether they'll do a rematch or pit her against someone new. I guess I'd like to see the KII members face off since there are four of them.
    Not the right thread, I know, but I hope they utilize Yukichan's legs to their full potential here.

And while I'm at it, I wanted to go see the Basara play but I'm leaving around that time. I'll probably only get to see her at the upcoming handshake and other events that may pop up.

11. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Yeah I'm not a wrestling fan myself, and it will look even more fake live lol, but somehow I still enjoy it. I guess it's the novelty of something completely different. It'll start to get old if this becomes their next Majisuka though.

From that vague description and the roster listed, my guess is Churi will team up in an all-Nagoya battle, 3 on 3 with Nao, Yuki, Chikako, Makiko and Machi.
    Definitely think (hope) she won't be solo though, because that means more training and she's already stretched pretty thin. I don't want her getting injured.

12. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    (Bored so bumping the thread)

She caught a cold a few days ago, said she can't speak very well for today's handshake event. Hope she can recover soon, Lala had to miss the event due to a flu so I hope Churi can stay clear of that. Coming from a country where -20C is the norm I would have thought that the Japanese winter would be nothing in comparison but I'm finding it a lot colder due to how badly insulated the buildings are.

I figure I'd try to generate some discussion for the 1-3 people who post here:
    -How has Churi changed your life for the better?

Uninspired and lame, I know.

Language learning is a very difficult and long process for me, so to have Churi's constant stream of media available has been a blessing. I very much doubt I'd be where I am now in terms of Japanese ability (I'm still not good at all) if it weren't for her. I'm sure you could apply this to any idol who gives you motivation but Churi is the one for me. I also find myself much more positive-thinking since following her, despite her sometimes negative tone lol. I also used to have some worries or insecurities years ago that I've completely surmounted since encountering her.

I'd also be curious to know if any of you own pet birds. I own cats and I don't want to add a bird to the mix. I used to never think about birds as pets or being cute at all, but thanks to Churi I've discovered their charm. Even if I didn't have cats I probably wouldn't want one unless it was a large parrot though. I do know some fans who started owning birds after becoming fans of Churi. They may have done it "for her" at the start but it seems like they've become honest bird lovers and good owners.

13. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    It's the little things for me. I can't say she's changed my life or anything drastic, but just following her and seeing her grow and be happy makes me happy to have been supporting her along the way, albeit in a limited way, being on the other side of the world. (I kind of like that role though. I think I'd only be a bad influence on idols if it got more personal lol)

Which I guess begs the question, why Churi, or why idols at all?
    It's kind of hard to explain without getting a little personal, but the short version is I chose some pretty unconventional paths in life and I feel like I'm a better person for it, so I take pride in what I've accomplished doing things my own way, and I feel drawn to support others who also try to make their own way. Doesn't matter if they're "just idols", I still respect having the courage to break from convention and chase your dreams, whatever they are. It just so happens these dream-chasers are presented to us in cute, fun, lovable packages, making them even easier to support!

As for Churi, I can't really point to any one thing that drew me to her. She just clicked with me, and the more I watched her, the more obvious it was. Even her quirks and insecurities are charming to me. Like a shounen manga character that's flawed and awkward at times, but then becomes one of the strongest when powered up. She also has that manga hero quality of attracting strong friends who want to help her.

As a Churi oshi, this is probably the most controversial thing I've ever said here, but I never really liked the idea of keeping birds as pets. Not unless I had a very large space for them to roam free (kinda hard when they FLY). But Churi really loves and cares for her babies and it warmed me to the idea a little. I guess it depends on the type of bird too.

14. ToriMan

ToriMan Kenkyuusei

The no. 3 girl of SKE, that's probably what I refer to Churi way back then. Truth be told I wouldnt be where I am if it weren't for Churi. Life was just so sad back then until I found Churi in Dakishi and I decided to follow her. For that I am really thankful.

Then Magical Radio came, that's probably where I decided to put her on Kami status. She was really funny. The rest was history. I decided to follow even more. Over time I grew sad when she was being placed in the back. Probably the reason I didn't follow SKE that much anymore. It feels really bad when she become one of the back girls. But after time, I guess it was apparent she wanted the new girls to be noticed. Not sure though if that's what she really feels. I don't know much Japanese so i couldn't really understand much the context.

Following Churi, I realized birds are cool. I like the bigger ones though. I also consider taking photography. Haha. I was really happy she got a role in Igai ni Mango. All in all, my years being an idol fan would all be about Churi. If she does graduate sooner or later, I think that would be for me too. (Sharing the same sentiment of some old-timers. Things were much different back then.)

15. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    This is probably the biggest thing that has kept me along for the ride over time. Even if I was very far away, she kept stressing in her social media that it didn't matter where you were or how much you came to events or spent in Sousenkyo - so long as you put in the emotional investment and cared that was enough. She writes time and again that she knows there are some long-time fans of her who she hasn't met and might never meet, although it's fine if you don't want to, and unfortunate if you want to but can't. So for someone with basically no money for a long time, Churi was/is the perfect member to support. I never felt that she begged as much as other members (maybe this changed this past year), and I never felt like I was being forced to do anything, it was all out of my (supposed) free will.

That resonated a lot with me, but I noticed that even more when I met her. I think idols generally have to walk a tight line between catering to the individuals and the group of fans as a whole. But Churi takes the group dimension quite far, I feel. We're all her family. At group events she tries her best to not service any fan in particular so not make anyone jealous and make all of us happy. I know most? other idols do this too - but I happened to already like Churi since she "clicked" with me on every level and so this added another layer.

Just a personal example: When I first went to a handshake she noticed me speaking with some of her regular fans. When they went to speak with her she told one of them she was happy that we were talking together. She naturally likes it when her fans become friends and bond together. When that person mentioned me to her after a year's absence she said she remembered me and would always see my tweets. I think people underestimate how much some idols read comments - Churi is really good at reading her Twitter comments. People say she has a terrible memory but she remembered me after a long time - must be the skin colour though, because I know some fans from Taiwan who go a lot and she still doesn't recognize them lol.

I've also never felt a huge urge or need to fanatically be near her or any of that stuff. I just am there to support her. Just seeing her is enough, really, and it's nice to know a lot of the other fans feel that way. I've always come out of her events feeling fully satisfied, and have remained satisfied even when I can't go see her events and have to live far away.

Oh, and I always thought I'd be done with the group when she graduated but... : )

16. ToriMan

ToriMan Kenkyuusei

I can relate to this. I am lucky enough to have had an opportunity to see her in last years 2shots. Quite embarassing really. Got star strucked and bumbled everything. It was fun though. First travel to Japan was mainly to see her at least once.

17. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    I haven't had the chance to go to a 2S but I bet it makes for a nice memory. I have a feeling I'd just crop myself out of it lol.

It's odd that I never felt star struck with Churi. I actually took two tickets at a Nogizaka HS a few days before the time I met Churi so I'd know how the event would go. I did not enjoy the Nogi event but it was good preparation. I had built an image of what Churi was like so I was a bit nervous about living a lie and her turning out to be contrary to my expectations, but I wasn't surprised at all. It was extremely natural and felt like it "should" in my ideal world. But I did get star struck when I met Shibata Aya a few months ago, it's an experience for sure lol.

I guess it's a very scary thing if your oshimen behaves entirely different to how you think she will, especially if it's in a bad way. I can see that being pretty painful.

Sorry for writing so much but this thought just occurred to me since I was looking at the upcoming handshake sales:
    I don't pay any attention to handshake statistics or CD sales or any of that stuff. However I've always noticed that Churi doesn't sell out the majority of her slots, despite having a relatively big fanbase. I think the aforementioned normalcy of her handshake might be a reason why, coupled with fatigue on the part of some fans (casual or not). She's been in the group for a very long time, after all. In addition she has a lot of outside events and has been in the group for so long. The biggest reason, which she's mentioned in her blog, is that fans spend a lot on Sousenkyo so they can't go to the handshakes much. Also nearly all the fans I talk to go to every handshake event, meaning they need to purchase accommodation and transport to every venue, which means they buy less than they would if they didn't have to pay those things.

Speaking of handshakes, my tickets have all arrived for the event in two weeks' time. You'd all kill me if I disclosed how many I bought for Churi compared to ********. Praying their lanes aren't side by side.

18. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    This is one of the best things about Churi as an idol. It's not just talk either, you can tell she really cares about her fans and appreciates everything. Not being in Japan, I also notice how often she tries to broadcast parts of her fan meetings for those who can't be there.
    If anything, she might think about us too much. She sometimes worries too much about giving back to fans or disappointing us and everyone has to tell her, don't worry, just being yourself and doing your best is enough, that's why we're supporting you.

As for HS, to be honest I don't care much for the concept and I haven't gone is years (last time was to meet Churi), so this isn't really coming from experience, but I think its more for fans who want to be fished and the idols who are good at delivering that delusion. Those are the wotas that really drive up the sales numbers. Churi isn't that type of idol and I don't think a lot of her fans even want that from her.

Are you talking about Maya, or did someone new stop and look you in the eyes?

19. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Yeah, all the live streams she does at her events are great. And the sheer amount of tweets and images she posts are really just amazing. I feel like that constant bond and the funny/quotidian nature of her tweets are great at reinforcing that fan feeling of being a fan who is disconnected physically but still always connected.

Also agreed on the nature of handshakes and fans. The fans I know just go to say hi and talk a bit, you obviously don't go expecting to be fished, although everyone agrees she is extremely cute : )

Yes of course it's Maya.

I beat myself up pretty hard for pushing another member harder than Churi now, but let me try and justify it for your amusement. For most of 2016-17 I watched a lot of KII stages and challenged myself to occasionally read the blogs of all KII members since Churi is not so subtly trying to push some members to the front. (Mizuno Airi)

There will obviously be a change of guard sometime, so the members have been looking to groom new leaders. I think KII is the team best prepared for a succession. Sakipon, Yuzuki and Ruka have recently entered senbatsu and have all benefited from Churi/Minarun's coaching. I personally feel that the former is the one best suited to becoming the new leader given a bit more time, but if those three stay together I think they can do very well. I omitted Oshirin since she may graduate in the near future.

Despite following the team for so long as well as meeting most of the members in person I was never shaken from Churi since I always hold her on a high pedestal. When I met Maya I felt like I did when I first discovered Churi, and I feel they both give me the same vibe and what I like in idols (being funny, friendly, dedicated, etc). I never felt that way with other idols, even if I enjoy and appreciate them.

I think I was looking too hard at KII to find a "successor" to Churi when I should have simply appreciated the members for who they are and what they can bring to the team in their own way.

20. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Yeah I know what you mean. Some people just grab you for whatever reason, but it's easier to find when you're not trying to force it. I follow SKE (mostly K2), Team 8, Keyakizaka and a little NMB. I love lots of members, but only Churi and Harada Aoi struck me at oshi level.

Airi is also pretty close for me though. Maybe it's her age and rebellious phase that makes me feel like I still need to wait and see more, but she's definitely right up there. I've been watching her SR from the start and she's grown so much in a short time. I get the sense everyone around her also feels like she's someone special.

It's funny you mention Sakipon, because I've also seen her as a good leader candidate for a while, but I figure most people would say Nao or someone more popular. Either way, the team is stacked for the future.