1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

:p

I wouldn't pay attention to the girls being all friendly and touchy while they're in the group.
    They are just playing.

And also, they are idols.
    They can't openly say "I want this" because they are supposed to not want anything (in the classical idol concept).

Heck, Ikumin asked Yamada on a date and Yamada answered with yabai.
    Everyone laughed. That's AKBINGO.

@souchan48 I really don't see Naachan doing any of that.
    For all we know, she might really have a crush on Yuiri and Yuiri is leading her on or whatever. I'll let the fanfictioners make up the details.
    Naachan kissing girls doesn't equate to her stepping on the LGBTQ+ community to gain popularity. She is doing what she likes.

If there has been anyone in the group that gives off a (real) gay vibe after Sayaka, that's Naachan.
    But my gaydar has been off lately, so what do I know.

2. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

And ppl still wonder why nobody takes the overseas "fandom" seriously. ;)

And nobodywil... :awesome:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I never said you did. I was talking about, still, the second part that the person said. Only the 2 people reply applied to you.
    And nobodywil take you seriously :awesome:

Let’s be honest, if we’re really talking lesbian/gay members, Momoka is screaming. I don’t think the whole coming out is solely for attention. I mean, Momoka didn’t get anything significant. Maybe just a bunch of fan girls :hehe: What I’m saying is, going back to the original trigger, is that the coming out thing has made no history nor does it lead to the center/push nor is it only an act.

4. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Would be true, but the reply tells otherwise... :awesome:

5. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

that would mean that you're taking them seriously too with your reply

and the cycle never stops

6. John48

John48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Nice lineup there, lets see how the song is going to be.
    I doubt there will be SakamichiAKB this time, with Techi's condition management won't dare taking another risk.

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

This comes out in March.
    Plenty of time for her to recover.

Or they continue the Hira-push and pair them with 48 new gens and ignore Kanji.

8. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

You learn quickly, young grasshopper. ;)

We both need to live to be taken “seriously”. When the stupid of this “fandom” dies, I will die with it. :awesome:

9. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I think the big difference is the notoriety level. Let’s be honest, for Yuko (and many others) it was a punchline and Sae never got the pleasure of a solo center. Kayoyon is still unnoticed, Sayaka left long ago (no solo center on an A side either) and Karen was tragically wasted by management. Momoka was legendary, but again, could have done so much more if Management had let her. I don’t think it’s making history for the reasons expressed, but because it’s a new A-side center and that in its own is history-making. Regardless of your opinion on whether this matters anything for the LGBT discourse (the center doesn’t do much for that tbh) What matters is that management is FINALLY giving A-side centers to new AKB girls. Last newcomer (Miion) was in TwI and that was almost two years ago. The rest of the centers in recent years are either SG aces *looking right at Jurina and Sakura*, the Sousenkyo Queen (that would be, for the third year in a row, Sasshi) or girls who are already graduated (read Kojiharu, Mayuyu) That AKB is finally giving centers to new frontliners is great! And Yuiri and Macharin! I never would have expected that either one made it to Senbatsu but the news are just wonderful! AKB the sister group needs to recover its competitive edge and the fact that they are willing to give a chance to someone who has never really done for an A side is fantastic. That would be my reason why the 51st is great. I hope they give Naachan a kami-level song to match!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    omg someone makes one very fandom-inspired comment about naachan making lgbt history and all of you lose your minds lol. it was just a joke comment, it's not always this deep.

anyway, i'm so happy to see a naachan center!! she deserves this so much <3 i hope she gets a great song~
    happy for all of the girls too, sad to see akarin out of senbatsu but glad that yuuri has gotten her first senbatsu! and YUIRI, FINALLY OMG

11. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I am going to butt in and say that shipping for fun is a very normal thing in every single fandom in Japan. In Asian fandom in general I could be like, they are cute together, let's ship them, platonic or romantic or whatever. But fandoms and real life are very different, and at Naachan's level it still means next to nothing LGBT wise. I don't know about Western standard, but here we kinda don't see entertainers and real activists (there I say it) in the same light.

Anyway, I hope they bring back classic sakura song. The last one was so long ago (literally So long!), and Naachan did say that to center a single right after Mayu's center is a great thing so let her pick up the sakura song tradition after Mayu left it in 2013.

• Like Like x 1
  12. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Do people in Japan even take their fandom seriously? whenever I go out with my Japanese friends , they always makes fun of japanese wota. idk what the "Cool Japan" BS has told you but otaku, especially akb wota, is still looked down upon there. Less than before, but the stigma is there...

Nobodywil treat 48group fandoms seriously, even in Japan. Nobodywil want them to perform in Olympic. 日本の恥だもんwwww

13. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

the thing is that, it doesn't look like a joke from what i'm reading from their replies

• Like Like x 1
  14. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Just realized they give senbatsu spot to all new AKB captains.

15. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

You're right... its ALL :poop:. Thanks for letting us know that nobody should take the WHOLE "fandom" seriously. :approve:

The Circle of Life... :awesome:

16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    OH hey you right and center for STU captain!

Can I hope for team songs in B-sides??

17. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Which teams? Current teams or soon-to-be new teams?

Would really REALLY suck to never have a Team B song with Reichan in it. :cold:

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Well, the new teams debut in a few hours, so I’d say those.

With the single coming in March, which is almost spring, I wonder if they’ll push for team songs indeed.

The SG songs are the new tradition tho, and we know how they like to keep those, but I wouldn’t oppose to getting 12 new songs since the album is lacking so much in that area.

19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

No, people look down on other people and they use whatever pretext they wish to do it.

20. trxsh

trxsh Member

Not only did Naachan invent liking girls, she invented having short hair apparently!

She said gender isn't a factor in who she loves, which is, if the translation was accurate, not a very straight thing to say. Its not an uncommon way to express that youre not straight without being too out there with the labels. And it makes sense not to commit herself to a label given her age, career, etc, so I dont see why she should be expected to give that kind of coming out proclamation.

Btw why would it matter if she married a guy in the future? That wouldnt be in opposition to her stated sexuality or anything. It's a silly bigoted attack people like to use to invalidate bi/queer women and not really necessary.

The "LGBT history" stuff clearly wasnt meant to be taken that seriously in the first place though (as the original poster even said)

• Like Like x 1