1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    believe what u want, but reality hurts baby :p
    shogun-ai

2. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Iirc, LGBT has its own thread here, right?
    How significant is this topic with the single? Haha

3. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

VR Stage... Available now for the HTC Vive and PSVR :awesome:

4. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

there's a heck of a LOT of projection going on in those posts:fp:

And aww everyone cheering for Macharin. I'm so proud of her, she spent an entire year with one song only and the 4th song she got was as a senbatsu member. It's kinda random but I'm so happy for her.

5. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

was referring to the person who brought it up, ,not whether if naachan is or not

6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Copying someone elses post is not very good trolling, go to the back of the class.

7. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

I will work harder senpai :(

8. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

There there. It’s okay. Otsukare
    [​IMG]

9. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Don't care who Naachan be kissin, but congrats to her and everyone else!
    Three eitos and Macharin, I'm okay with this.

Sounds refreshing lol.
    Best I can sum up the western state of things (at least Canada/USA/UK) is we've got lots of outspoken armchair activists and self-appointed moral authorities (of all backgrounds - politcal left/right, religious, social justice, etc) always at each other's throats, and always looking to jump on any issue and take it from 0 to full retard faster than you can say triggered.
    People who want to tell everyone how to live, how to think, how to talk, who to praise and who to shame. They will latch onto anything they can find to promote their views and slam others. It's exhaustingly stupid and infantile, so naturally it's flourished on the internet and in the media.
    (ugh and now I feel dirty for even wasting that much space on it)

10. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    New teams. It would be lit to start chapter 3 like that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Oh boy Naachan is center and we're already yelling and screaming about her sexual orientation. At least no one dislikes her enough to complain about her being center ;)

Question: When did Naachan actually say she's bi?
    Answer: I didn't see it posted (sorry if I missed it), but here's a website that accurately posted what was said in that TV show with Myao (which I did watch). I was convinced after what she said in this interview that she's bi. Not just from what she said in that interview, but all of the evidence piled up before and after that (how she acts around certain other girls, things she's said at other times, etc.) You can feel pretty confident saying "Naachan is bisexual". Not that it really matters, because defining someone by their sexuality represents the opposite of progress.

Question: Does Naachan centering an AKB48 single count as "making history for the LGBT community"?
    Answer: As the majority of the world is unaware of AKB, and as the Japanese don't generally advertise their sexuality in the first place no matter what they are, I'd say no... [hehe] Troll or not, gotta legitimately take a step back and realize that even though AKB is a big thing for its fans it might as well not exist to most people.

Anyway, with that out of the way, I'm happy to see some newer faces in this senbatsu. Macharin is a really interesting pick. I am a bit saddened that the senbatsus have been so big lately but I guess that's the way it's gotta be since they're pushing so many new idols all the time. Can't wait to see what the c/ws are going to be for this.

12. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Exactly! That's what I meant and you put it into words so well. Her being bi or whatever has nothing to do with it (though as I said, as a LGBT person myself, I definitely support her being open about it). She's just an extremely talented person who finally got what she deserved - a center. But what I appreciate the most about her, is admitting to, and overcoming the dark period of her life. In a country like Japan where mental health issues (such as eating disorders, depression, anxiety, etc.) are extremely taboo, it is so brave to admit it and show the fans your struggle. I applaud her for coming out with that, rather than for coming out as bisexual.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

This was such a surprise!
    In the video intro was a clip of Mayuyu from the 50th single so I was bracing myself for Yuiyui's name lol

Best part:
    + Naachan center
    + Macharin

Worst part:
    - still no Hinatan

There's a special place in hell for management for how much they mess with the girls and fans' feelings by severely ignoring certain members and gorioshi others.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I'm happy for Okada getting the center no complaints there. However, there's a part of me thinking that management would just be using her as a 'transitional ace/center' until they deem Yuiyui ready to be the face of AKB.

Then again, its just me looking too much into the oguri push.

Besides, even if this is indeed the case, a center opportunity is a center opportunity regardless.

15. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I think Yui will be Naachan's “other”. The strategy of having two competing aces has always worked better than just one and it seems to be what they're going for.

16. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Rather than the nurturing of a single Ace I like to think of it as the formation of a new vanguard towards the future. You can’t live off one girl centering forever anymore, not when the rest of your front liners are gradually leaving without someone to fill their place in a way that people can be satisfied. Even with Miion as an ace they didn’t have much back then in the backup department, so throwing Yuiyui and Naachan into the race, and hopefully two or three new pushes more this year is something that can only benefit the group. They might have wasted time with Miion as a 15th gen by paying so much attention to Naanya and Naanya alone, for example. You can’t put all your eggs in one basket and not expect trouble when it breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

The push for Matsuoka Hana reminds me a lot of the push for SKE48's Kimoto Kanon who left with 24 Senbatsu appearances under her belt across SKE/AKB/HKT and has a pretty abysmal turnout at SSK for someone given so much exposure. Anyway, here's hoping for the newly shuffled teams to get team songs as b-sides for this single.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  18. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Kanon ranked pretty well for her 2nd and 3rd election, and she held on for a while. And at most girl was no.4 in SKE and not center.

• Like Like x 1
  19. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Hi sweetie could please you post this with the new teams instead?

20. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    :(oh tomu

But yay for naachan center. :D I was expecting sakura or mion

Also, I think at this point it's safe to say 16 nin is a thing of the past