1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The STU48 Thread

Discussion in 'General STU48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    I really like Oki Yuuka and Nakamura Mai. While watching the D3 performances, these two were among those I've picked out - and since STU is their 1st or 2nd choice I'll be going to vote for them.

2. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    As long as Yura get drafted by STU then I'm happy with this draft.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Not only was she in SplAsh with Michu for many years, she also more or less carried them to win the idol matsuri and she's really committed to STU and really loves the members.

3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    For sure. She and Oki Yuuka are both gems in this draft and both will definitely boost up STU as a team as well.

Idol Arsenal factory ASH has provided us many strong and promising members in STU, I am very grateful for that. Especially seeing the passion of Yura Akari remained faithful to SPLASH even tho the OG members left the group one by one, she stayed until the end. And now that she has achieved the local idol award 1st place again with them for the 3rd time, it's time for her to move on. A prominent star like her deserves a greater stage to shine on and she picking to join only STU is really a great honor to have her on the team. :1st:

I really hope she gets drafted in 1st round. Can't wait for draft day to come.

4. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

I'm going to cry.
    This was perfect.
    OK maybe I'm biased bc TAKAMINA and HINACHAN were there together, but still, it was great
    We even were able to see Takamina and Naachan sing 365nichi
    Anyways, this is a must watch

• Like Like x 1
  5. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Word!

But I really think Torochan and Hinachan answered those trivia questions incorrectly on purpose lmao (Abe Ichiro??? Come on Hinachan you can't be serious lol)

Anyways they got extra appealing time as "punishment". Nicely calculated. [hehe]

6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    So for the mock draft yesterday, STU's draft ended in 3 rounds.

1st round: No.16 (Oki Yuuka) 16.3%
    DT59FRTVQAAZZxx.jpg

2nd round: No.47 (Nakamura Mai) 16.4%
    DT59FQ0VoAIDofA.jpg

3rd round: No.73 (Terminate draft ball) 25.5%
    DT59FQ0U8AA4bU0.jpg

Which means in this mock draft STU got themselves 2 girls.

And when I found out the result this morning I was seriously disappointed and my "faith in humanity meter" dropped to the bottom. WTF!? They seriously did not draft Yura in 3rd round and a lot of people rather vote the 73 ball.

In a response to this absurdity, I decided to post my awareness/justice for Yura tweet to them STU fans, hoping they would really reconsider their choices.

https://twitter.com/marioworld929/status/954504094881792000
    DT5mArCVwAEE6K5.jpg

7. kmacu

kmacu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    That's disappointing... I hope it's kind of a joke "let's test the 73 ball for the final round" rather than what fans really want. I saw a lot of other screenshots of 73 being used by other teams third round. Also sounds like KII was playing around in the very first round, so I hope that's all it is.

Are fans able to talk about it in the comments section before voting? Maybe some appeals could be done there?

8. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    a lot of it has to do with how some fans are in general simply want to keep STU the same way it is now(with this group of girls)...
    One of the reasons why I personally don't really like this whole fan draft thing is because the majority of the fans of the group don't want to get involved in it for various reason.
    Like Michu and so many girls overall just hate draft in general and have told their fans not to get involved in it because the current STU members are very close to one another, after the things they went through together and don't that to get disrupted in any way.
    And then you have the fling senbatsu/non senbatsu member fans that don't wish for more competition for their oshimen(those members also really hate the draft and is really worried about it). So most tan-oshi fans don't want to get involved at all, while Hakooshi fans like the current of girls and respect their wishes so most of them don't want to get involved either.
    So most fans that get involved in this are mainly the fans of the draft girls that want to get their girl in. So it becomes less of fans of a group/team and more of fans of the draft girl which is a shame considering the concept seem really fun.
    And there's that sense of commitment to push the girl you selected too which sucks.

9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I passed out yesterday after subbing so I missed it completely. Only found out the results this morning. And it seems no one else here on this forum can confirm the chat log either. But I hope it's like the situation you are suggesting.

Yes, it's also basically the general uninterested opinion for fans to add more new girls as well. Especially for groups such as STU that would be the case, as shown as the initial reaction that they are also included in this draft even though being a new group. It's also still stay true now but some people did change their stance and went supporting the girls who picked STU as first choice out of respect.
    https://twitter.com/akb48memo/status/953655132947795968

Same for me as well, I also opposed this draft to have STU involved but as months past, my thoughts have changed due to recent grads and Sasshi resignation. We do have room now and the boat is still yet be seen or even heard of. Hence some STU fans, including myself view this draft as 1.5gen audition which would still be great to have new girls to make some impact and bonding with the team.

But like you said, you are right this mock draft result has shown me the people who are in the room just want their girl to get in a team instead of thinking about the team first. (For other team's there are the extreme opposite where they care about the team and not about the girls i.e forcing Moeka to K2) So I decided to rally for Yura anyways and with the draft event is just around the corner, that's the least I can do.

I mean only Oki and Yura were the two girls who chose STU since the very beginning till now. And Yura doesn't even get selected in the mock draft at 3rd round!? That's straight up unjust if you ask me.

stu.jpg

10. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Interesting Michu is against the draft, since she was formerly in a group with Yura Akari, right? Well I guess to be fair, it's maybe better that she (or any member) isn't biased (not that the members are choosing but still).

Personally I'd like to see 2~4 new members from the draft for STU. Just kinda based on how many are interested in STU, and that it's a similar number to members lost.

11. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    ALL our support for New STU-Megami =) She looks like Ohori, but not so vulgar lol

P.S. I don't wont to see Yura in STU or other 48, sorry not sorry!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  12. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    Meanwhile I'm just happy that 2 STU songs managed to rank

13. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I totally get your point honestly considering STU right now imo have 10 core senbatsu members(+Naachan) that have really solidify their positions in this past 6 months Hinapiyo,Yumirin,Torochan,Fuu,Michu,Ayumin,Kanon,Aachan,Miyuna and Chiho. And it's a pretty amazing mix of great talent.

But Sasshi leaving turned out really well imo(it was like the best news all year LOL). I mean we all have a different opinion regarding it but Sasshi leaving resulted in Torochan slotting into that #4/#5 position and Aachan entering the second row with everyone going up a spot and the biggest thing was Kokko entering the senbatsu.
    Kokko entering the senbatsu was huge for STU mood wise because she's like a vice-captain behind the scenes and is beloved by the members especially Torochan,Michu,Aachan and Kanon. And back when the senbatsu was originally announced there was a lot of girls that was sad that Kokko didn't get in despite how much she means to STU(Michu was devastated). And rather than Kokko rather focus on herself went on and congratulate the other members right away after the announcement SR.
    Right now STU is such a close group of girls that are really close and to be successful as group ideally all you need is a strong 16nin senbatsu and I feel that STU potentially already have that even with some graduation. It's also highly unlikely any of the popular girls would graduate any time soon.
    now for the remaining 5 spot it gets really interesting because Kokoa,Cuca,Arichan and Nonchan all have the potential to get into the senbatsu one day. Especially Nonchan who I think has the highest potential of them all,Cuca and Arichan were really impressive in that AKB stage while Kokoa is amazing in many different way. Momona's situation is also rather interesting considering she was one of the more popular girls in the original SR. While Mii,Kohataru,Cake,Harurun and Kokko all in their own right have done enough to deserve their senbatsu spot.

Obviously, I'm all for Yura joining STU while I'm more down on some other girls in this draft.

Isn't the boat thing scraped already because of regulations that prevent girls under 18 from performing on it?
    I heard it from Fuuchan a while back.

• Like Like x 1
  14. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I doubt the senbatsu lineup will be the same going forward, no group has had the exact same senbatsu for the first and second single, I guess closest is NGT who had the same+2. I don't think Yura or anyone else joining via draft will change things that much in the long run. If they really want to push more than 16 girls they could just do 18nin senbatsu.

Dunno about the boat thing, but you'd think they would have looked into that stuff BEFORE even announcing it at the start...

15. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I cannot agree more than your whole assessment of the STU status right now. In fact I'm impressed you are actually really up to date with the group. First person I've talked to so far.
    But who's cake lol And yes Momona, she is really an interesting one. Kinda stuck between the fence. Sometimes she shines sometimes she is just not there.

Umm you got source? No one even knows the details about the boat not even Yamamoto the theater manager himself so idk how Fuuchan can leak such revelation info.

16. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Cake = Fukuda Akari...? Based on process of elimination.

17. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Oh damn how did I not get that reference.

But candle would be better give away lol

18. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

For those who didn't follow the draft, STU picked Nakamura Mai, Oki Yuuka, Yura Akari, Mizoguchi Aiko, and Shinano Soraha. All five are from the setouchi region.

19. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    What a draft. My heart almost bursted out when we almost lost Oki Yuuka because we went ham to steal Ehime girl from NGT first. I really thought it was the stupidest idea ever but everyone went with it so I just followed the plan with the others.

STU draft plan:
    47 > 16 > 69 > 60 > 32

I mean this move is so bold I can't believe we actually pulled it off thanks to God hand Naachan. Bless our new center. I was so mad when 5 teams were gunna get Oki Yuuka from us, since she is our first choice girl after all with Yura. Using our first round pick to choose a STU 2nd choice girl from NGT and almost losing our own first choice girl. INSANE.

Honestly if it ain't for Naachan, it would've been disaster.

As for the last girl we really debated hard, because Naachan, Yumirin and Ayumin was singaling stop at 4th round. But in the end STU fans decided we promised to go through the plan and promised the last girl we would pick her up.
    But the opposing STU fans did actually tell the STU fans whoever pick up this girl they would need to take reponsibilty and oshi her all the way. And so we got our 5th girl.

And with this STU got ALL our girls not leaving anyone behind. I can't believe it what a moment I just experienced through.

Never thought I'd expect this result but STU is the biggest winner in this draft hands down. All girls secured, one for all and all for one.

Relive the moment!
    Stealing Nakamura Mai from NGT
    https://twitter.com/morikahohidepon/status/955013624417853445
    God hand Naachan saves the day!
    https://twitter.com/yu_ki_48_mk2/status/955020792772812800
    DUDiVoVU0AAgipp.jpg

Anyways at the end of the day, I'm happy about this draft and looking forward to these new reinforcements. :1st:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  20. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    I'm checking out the new girl that we have drafted. I have to say, I'm really happy with all 5 of them (and bless Naachan for being able to take 47 Nakamura Mai and 16 Oki Yuuka lol, they are amazing) I hope they can contribute to the team going forward