1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert 7th AKB48 Kouhaku Taikou Uta Gassen (17/12/10)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 17, 2017.

1. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Sakura :yikes:

2. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Just finished watching it. It was...pretty boring lol. I skipped like one performance only (the Hana, Miku, and, Nako trio song; I couldn't sorry lol). It didn't really feel like Kouhaku. Kind of felt more like a special stage with lots of guests. It wasn't horrible tho. The first half was decent really.

3. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    This is more than likely my bias talking, but I really like Yuihan's rendition of Chandelier! Her pronunciation could do with a bit of work, and the person she was singing with Kurimoto Yuzuki definitely had the stronger voice, but with this sort of musical arrangement and the heavy reliance on strings it feels at times that Kurimoto is pushing her voice a lot, straying into shouting rather than singing. Yuihan's voice is thinner but it compliments this style, and really emphasises the softer parts of the song - coincidentally this is also why Tsuki to Mizukagami is one of my favourite songs that they've ever released:D

Other highlights include Sayanee absolutely killing it at the end, who seems to really enjoy playing her Martin judging by the wear that's starting to show on it :p, and the "Unplugged" performances, which showed we still have strong singers in the group!

And the rest of the concert was okay, I guess [hehe]

4. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

People complain that AKB doesnt do enough live singing.

AKB puts on an entire show with live singing.

People complain.

The moral of the story is, people are always going to complain no matter what.

There was so much effort put into this Kouhaku, even my cynical old jaded wrinkled black heart was warmed. I loved almost all of the performances (Sakura should still not be allowed to sing solos but she's too popular to ban her from them...but at least she put a lot of emotion into it. NGT's performances also need work, but they're new so they get a pass). Even though the English songs didn't land properly as far as enunciation of the words, they were still good musically. And actually, the majority of the performances ranged from very good to absolutely amazing. I think my favorites of each block were SKE's Okidoki performance, Churi & Nao's Bukiyou Taiyou, and Church of Yukirin [hehe] I was also blown away by Takino Yumiko's sax performance. My god that girl is good, I legit thought she was a professional performer opening the unplugged set with the rest of the band because I'm not familiar enough with STU yet.

This looks like AKB taking steps to legitimize itself as more than a one-trick lipsync pony. They are finally capitalizing on the actual talent they have in the group - not just one song in a bigger setlist, but almost an entire concert of it (I think a couple of the janken unit songs at the end were lipsync). And honestly they need to do that, because when you compare Momusu's live performance abilities to the 48G's they just make 48G look sad and untalented. It would be nice if 48G could cultivate its talents more to get closer to other idol groups' level performance-wise, and this is exactly the kind of concert that helps them do that by giving the girls valuable experiences performing live and working with artists outside the 48G. This is one of the few AKB concerts I'll probably be watching a second and third time.

5. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

This was by far the best KHK

6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    That Yumirin Sax performance was the best moment in this concert.

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I watched it last night and I also enjoyed it a lot. I think it's the best one I've seen, the first one I saw was in 2014 just as I was entering AKB fandom. For this one just as then it was the individual performances I enjoyed the most, especially those of Yuihan and Sayanee but they were all good. I liked the tributes to Mayuyu, but poor YuiYui being overcome with emotion! The only really bad part for me was the performance of 365 Nichi being totally destroyed by Dachou Club (why are they in it every year? Do they have AKS as management?).

The big personal surprise for me was that I found my eyes often being drawn towards Sato Anju of NGT48. I thought she looked really pretty, maybe it's because she had a different hairstyle than she usually does? I've not really noticed her that much in the past.

Yes definitely the best KHK I've seen and I'll try and see it again sometime.

8. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I just finished watching the concert..
    The highlight for me:
    The unplugged segment.. i think this is the 1st time I felt so relaxed watching an AKB live.. I enjoyed it so much.. Koisuru Fortune Cookies unplugged ver sounded so good.. Takino Yumiko saxophone was so wonderful..
    The cover songs were a nice surprise but I like ita lot.. but I kinda struggle to understand what they were saying haha.. Sakura was trying to be emotional but I ended up laughing, I felt bad for laughing.. & Chandelier was so good.. I was like 'who is this?' & went to google & found out Kurimoto Yuzuki is.. such a good singer. but I wonder why Yuihan collaborate with her? any special reason?
    & I dont think I need to mention how good Sayanee was.. haha
    SasshiXMomusu'17.. OneTwoThree arrangement sounded really weird but still good.. It is not everyday we can see Sasshi looking so nervous..
    I teared up a little when Oguri Yui was crying while Mayuyu tried so hard to cheer her..
    What I like the most about this concert is that it made me realized that a lot of girls actually sounded good live.. being a fan recently, now I can add some members to my list of 'members I need to pay attention to'..

I always prefer live singing because it felt like the singers put more soul in their performances.. that's why it is more enjoyable.. yup they can sound bad sometimes but that just make you want to cheer for them to get better..
    but I also suspect janken song was lipsynch.. their voice sounded 'filtered' to me haha..I might be wrong though..

9. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Hey guys, kinda need knowledge about this event....

if this was AKB48 unplugged, what's Sasshi doing there?

and..... if this was Akagumi, why Sakura & Haruka are there?

Why some HKT girls performing in Akagumi....
    Sorry for asking kinda things, just want to know :confused:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Sasshi does what Sasshi wants.

This one is a little harder to answer, but I'd say because they're part of the senbatsu for the song.

11. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Lol sorry to quote you after all this time but I thought this perf was quite cute and have been replaying it a lot --- "true ka-lars, ture ka-lars"
    But yah it certainly didn't feel like kouhaku, couldn't even tell whether a performance counted as an aka/shiro performance.

12. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Anju has pretty facial features. She just need a good style to boost.
    26273445_1533221323434875_3465267055651979264_n.jpg 26867528_2023544031259357_1920481702849806336_n.jpg 26296823_311170705955742_7597515469783826432_n.jpg

13. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    lololol it's definitely a cute performance tho. I finally watched it all but I still cringed a little lol. And yea, if they didn't show me who was who I wouldn't have known which side the girls were on throughout the whole show lol.

14. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

omg at Yuiyui forgeting the lyrics to Mayuyu's solo right in front of Mayuyu herself. That's a classic.

15. yukiDARUMArin

yukiDARUMArin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

if the video does not show watch the video here

what could be the reason why sakuratan and miru are crying o_O

16. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Just watched this event and I thought it was great. They really should do more events like this where they actually sing. Maybe then, there would more incentive for the members to improve their singing skills. Some thoughts:

• NGT still looking unrefined when it comes to raw singing skills. Hope they improve there!
    • NGT x Negicco had great chemistry, it was the best NGT performance that day.
    • Bukiyou Taiyou by Takayanagi Akane and Furuhata Nao :omg:, great!
    • Rika's solo song still very horrible...her singing itself is pretty alright though.
    • Omg Yuiyui forgetting the lyrics to Mayuyu's graduation song right in front of her :fear:
    • Miion is a much better singer than Yuiyui, it became quite apparent when they split that song.
    • Jurina has a great voice! The song wasn't that hard but her voice was unexpectedly soothing.
    • Shiroma Miru was only okay.
    • What was Sakura thinking choosing that song?? I don't think her singing would be exposed nearly as much if she just chose an easier song.
    • Holy shit, Yuzuki Kurimoto has a great and powerful singing voice! Recruit her to AKB right now! Chandelier was performed amazingly by her and Yokoyama Yui. The only time I got goosebumps from this event. Yui had a softer voice compared to Kurimoto.

Overall I enjoyed this event, even with its flaws due to the live singing, very much. It's a nice change from the usual lip syncing stuff. Looking forward to this year's performance as well.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  17. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

It made me like the song more tho. I previously thought it was just a boring ballad but now its kinda iconic lmfao