1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Piam from BNK48 also knows how to beatbox!
    If Lara gets in, that makes 2 of them!

Also, I haven't posted in awhile, but thank you to everyone who had voted me, Coeli, and Cesu, to the Top 200!
    We'll do our best to get in the final lineup, even if it looks hard!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Indeed Lara's personality is unique, she admit that acting cutesy is awkward, since she have that boyish personality.( in contrast to akb48) yet i find her amusing and willing to learn/challenge new things. She will be my new oshi. I don't mind her being good at beat boxing i just find her personality fun not boring/ cringy.

@Vivienne - Good luck to all of you. Make this time to improve and learn new things in a different perspective. Im glad you all made it.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Female beatboxers aren't that common yet so it was probably due to ignorance or lack of exposure. It gave Lara good coverage though.

4. Demetria

Demetria Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Yes they did make a mention about that FB group because of the applicants face was used to post something there [hehe]

5. Jeannera

Jeannera Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chibaerii
    Aaannd [hehe] my guess is right about the panel and dance: "https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=890844377743375&id=692731040888044"
    I guess this is ABS' wae of things. :^^;:

I wonder why the fans are a bit hateful to all of the applicants nowadays? :asdfgh: They can still improve as time pass by, why hate the girls? Oh well, good or bad publicity is still a publicity... but still... why? Can't they just help them improve or help them show da wae?

Got me so curious because of Lara :confused: , what do you guys want to see in the applicants? I just want them to be who they really are, I don't want to put chains on their feet :chuffed: (aka, expecting to see them like this). I love AKB because of their own personalities. Meh, I guess we all have different preference and ideas. :|

6. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

The group must be proud probably because they're in the management's watchlist now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mmmarky

Mmmarky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
    Twitter:
    MmmarkISS
    Did they say after the top 100 is revealed, we have to vote again? :confused:
    I have high hopes for mnl tho, but yoo there's a lot of negative people out there..

After seeing the interviews, there some candidates that actually got my attention.
    Day 1 interviews: sharei (really pretty girl. I got feeling she lied that she was a fan of akb48 tho lol.)
    Lorraine, Christine Ann, Dionisa, Marie, Nicole Villacrusis, Jhona alyanah ( she has a nice smile:cute::cute:)
    Day 2 interviews: hazel<3 (lovely voice but she so not familiar with akb, Sophia ivy, Gabrielle:), Missy angel (she was funny, she made the interview for her batch easy going lol the hosts liked talking to her and Lara:approve: ( she would be a lovely mnl48 member).

Their pictorial does not give them justice at all. I was looking at them prior to the interviews when they revealed the top 200 and I was like hell no to the majority of them especially Jhona but I really like her now. Also I think I just chose the really pretty girls and they just happened to not know akb or a big fan of akb48 tho. But I doesn't have to be a big deal, i don't mind as long as they are not taking advantage of mnl to become actress or whatever.. and in fact if I remember correctly jkt and majority of their first gens especially Melody ,freska, stella and Sonia did mention they they weren't familiar to idoling and akb48. Look at them now they are still loyal to jkt48..and theirs bnk48 too their is a lot of K-pop fans as well but they all envolved into akb48 heads..
    Can't wait for day 3 of interviews

8. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Hi there, new member.

New to the forum, but actually I've been a long time lurker since...Summer last year(?) Although, I was aware of MNL48 before then lol
    Looking at how close MNL is now to becoming a reality, just thought I'd make an account chip my two cents haha

Anyway...I'm cautiously optimistic for how things are going. I'm aware ABS-CBN was a...questionable call. But I think if they play their cards right, MNL should be fine. The hard part I think is convincing a non-AKB crowd that AKB-style idols can be a thing in the Philippines. I feel like we'll really get a feel for how that might pan out when we get closer to the final 48.

Anyway. Looking forward to this with the rest of you guys.
    Pulling hard for the Duran Twins, Michelle Reyes, and Stacy Rigos, Ashley Garcia, and Marsela Guia to make it to the final round.

Salamat po :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I agree that's why I mentioned in my earlier post that the management must be doing their research. It's because I noticed that atleast 2 of those disqualified applicants, at one point before the disqualification happened, have whined or have given shady comments against MNL48 management/other applicants in social media. I know because I even remember disliking this particular candidate because she sounded snarky/entitled in her comments.

I felt bad for Jash though coz she has potential. However, after reading that sarcastic comment Im convinced that she's not that innocent after all.

Maybe the management doesnt want to bother being specific about their disqualification because it could only lead to more protest and pinpointing other candidates lol.

I'm not saying the management is clean though. I'm pretty sure they made some exemptions in favor to some candidates (I had a feeling that some of the applicants who didnt get in the top 200 were handpicked by the management to replace those who were disqualified--- honestly it may sound unfair but I approve because those handpicked contestants are outstanding and it would be a great loss to just leave them lol). Or maybe not. Maybe the management did a major purge before announcing the top 200 and those candidates luckily made it lol.

10. hazuki

hazuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru

Yea right, as If that certain post was as bad as someone else's. I guess being in GPU is an advantage.. and my "controversial" post here was an honest opinion too.. you probably mistranslated "slots are wasted" because I didnt mean to say that it is already wasted, I was implying that slots WILL be wasted if you dont really like what youre doing. Go hate on me for that opinion.. I said my apologies for offending anyone. If saying something against the management or to anyone is part of the qualifications or rules, why are some girls still there? Especially those with solid proof of violating the qualifications. Im not hating on Khyan, its good that she didnt end up like a lot of us but its unfair to have her forgiven even with screenshots of her leaking confidential info in a public groupchat, resulting to another applicant's disqualification. If that certain post led to my disqualification, why are others forgiven? I dont like comparing but the weight of my post compared to the other girl is unreasonable to drop me just for that. (Its not part of the qualifications either) and I cant think of any other reason aside from that? If they'd hate me over that certain post, why dont they drop other girls who post pictures with explicit sexual statements? It doesnt add up.. why are there a lot of girls nowhere near the rankings that got in? even someone with 7 likes was there.. why were there girls that didnt get called? Is it that hard to state the reason for someone's disqualification? Don't we have the right to know. We went there because we thought that it must have been a mistake..since I dont recall violating any of the qualifications listed on the text they sent me. We went there because we were ignored in our messages, phonecalls etc.. They were literally hanging the phone on us, same case with Hayaka. You cant blame me for being angered because of it, if you only knew how humiliated we were even if we politely asked them. I couldnt stand hearing the other girls cry infront of their moms for hearing unreaasonable answers and some even unneccessary words.

11. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    And I also have a theory why they have chosen the voting system for the first round of candidates. Maybe because they are aware that Jpop culture/idol groups is not that popular in Philippines, they've chosen the voting system to easily market this concept to the masses. They want to make sure that the top 200 girls would atleast be the popular ones or have large fan base. Afterall, MNL48 is still a 'business' and they want to assure that these girls have high supporters (aka high profit potential lolol).
    I just wish that they not only choose the stereotype 'pretty girls' but they also give chance to those with talents but raw beauty.

• Like Like x 1
  12. hazuki

hazuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    I've always thought of the same thing.. but I feel bad for those who arent that good in campaigning or those who dont have a lot of friends to help them..
    how about the hidden gems who arent as confident as others.. I cant help but imagine what couldve happened if they just went with the standard auditions.. will it turn out better? idk really.. (but I prefer the standard audition more than the one were having.. since you cant go wrong with something thats been done a lot of times already. )

13. welp

welp Next Girls

If that's the reason, why couldn't they just tell her? Being in her shoes, wouldn't you be bitter being disqualified without any explanation. If the agency gave sincere explanation, agreeing or not, you can understand and easier to move on. Imagine your lover dump you without any clarification, it may bug you for years why but if she told you bluntly, "Coz the new boy is richer.", you must be angry but, after some time, you'll be able to move on "She's just a money greedy bitch. Our relationship ended for good.". Or, if she said "You've never said 'I love you,', never bought me flower nor choco on Valentine's, I said I liked Kate Spade and you bought me Coach.", it may enable you to improve and take care of your next girlfriend better.

14. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Well, if they used the standard voting system --- especially considering that ABS has more say with the judging, MNL48 will become more like the typical 'artista search' and they prolly wont even notice some of our legit jpop idol fan candidates. Because of the voting system, the wotas atleast were given the power to support their oshis and be acknowledged.

Well, if MNL48 becomes successful, maybe they would use the standard voting system for the next generation. (Though there will be more risk of it becoming an artista search instead like seriously think of PBB lol lol)

15. hazuki

hazuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    If it was really that statement that got me disqualified, again, why is someone who went viral still there despite talking against the management AND clearly breaking rules. If they hated that certain post, why would they ignore another applicant's suggestive posts, why would they ignore a lot of issues that have gone viral?

Sucks how they had to unfairly disqualify people (even without proof).. Lets say theres this post got me disqualified, is it in anyway as worse as those who have gone viral? Nah.. but these girls are favored and pardoned because they passed the unauthorized auditions, right? To me and to a number of people, it seemed like they were eager to free spots for their favorites to get in and I cant do anything against that since its not an impossible thing to happen especially in PH showbizness, but it hurts so much to have your spot given to those who didnt try hard enough to campaign for themselves.. did all kinds of effort to secure a spot for myself and for my friends, but didnt get to be with them in the end. It hurts and you cant blame me for being angry over it.
    I still cant accept how they threw us away without explanation at all.. If that post I did got me disqualified, how about the others? they NEVER said anything against people and the management. please explainnnn, i just want my answers. One more thing, they could have called us like everyone else but why were they purposely ignoring us?

By standard auditions, I meant the usual one with AKS in the panel.. (just like JKT/BNK's)

16. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Well I sure hope it happens but knowing ABS they prolly would want to be the majority in making that decision.... pffffffftttt!

17. Rayan

Rayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    Each page might be random generated to avoid familiarity. Regarding the recurring girls, the new update might fix this.

Sent from my FL02 using Tapatalk

18. Demetria

Demetria Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I think it will now depend on the judges whether or not they get to be in the lineup after getting to top 100

Congratulations! and Wish you all the luck to get to the top 100! :banana:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  19. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Youre contradicting yourself but i's not my concern. You ask questions and I answer as patiend and civil as i can yet despite you respinding like kid who tells me hes mature I kept my compusre since this isnt about me

You kept rubbing salt against her when you could hve just said Ill talk to her and see what I can. I dont get the purpose of your mesaage f ul just brag cause If u wanna help, then just do it. Maybe she can answer better than me if my answers dont satisfy you in the first place.

This wouldnt have been a mess if we kept our words and responses in a neutral manner and not jumping to ABS's rules and whatnot. The best way to get to the bottom of these querries is to reach out for her in order to avoid these so called thread drama.

Its not about me but its the applicant who participated fair and square since we just saw some faces that had a fair share if their mess from facebook. And if anyone will say im putting the blame on them, ill leave that to you since I believe all of us here arent official partners of the management. And i dont think there is a fault or it shoud be called "fault". Misunderstanding is what is happening

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2018
  20. mistertaxi07

mistertaxi07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Highlights for today's It's Showtime MNL48 segment:

- Ericka singing while playing the guitar
    - Lara's beatboxing
    - Some girls mentioned the applicants who they think would get in. Marsela, Eunice and Ericka = because they have the talent and beauty. Abelaine said, Marsela looks like Kim Chiu.
    - For tomorrow's episode, looks like they will focus on Faith (Feito), Ella and Marsela.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.