Event / Concert The 3rd AKB48Group Draft Kaigi (18/01/21)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 24, 2017.

1. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I thought the main worry about fan draft was too many girls being drafted. I'm not sure that happened, but now it rather seems that teams not drafting enough is considered to be the main problem. In the end it all comes down to requesting the members to have some kind of influence. I personally think the teams should simply hint at how many members would be ideal, ideally in a range like Naachan did. But then you have the cases like Sasshi saying there's a girl she'd have easily picked. Such situation is definitely stupid. Should the members be also allowed to hint at specific girls they like? Doesn't it ruin the whole point?

The other worry was fans not respecting girls' choice. Now that's interesting. The members themselves didn't seem to be concerned a lot about that (Sasshi's tweet, other members' remarks throughout). The whole Watanabe Akari case makes it even more confusing. HKT fans could have been lambasted but it turned out to be a steal. How did they know? Such things happened in previous drafts as well, but we assumed the members/staff have better info. Is that still the case, hence members suggesting to not restrain ourselves by draftees' wishes?

I however cannot stand for criticizing the system on the base of "fans chose the wrong girls!" Especially with the ratio we had. The one thing that should have been done better was announcing the SR system much earlier. I think many (even Japanese) people didn't think they'd be able to participate so they didn't care much - then suddenly 2 weeks before the event you had to learn about 70 girls. I had it easy, as Team E had 2 clear picks, but with groups like NGT or NMB it must have been tough to become up to date.

2. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Who was that bubbly girl that wanted HKT? Was it Asami Haru I think? The girl from the NMB Don’t Look Back performance. She was 4 to last on the right side? Did she get chosen. Did I get her name wrong?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  3. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Based on the results, clearly the best strategy if you want to be drafted is to request a team that doesn't have a lot of other girls wanting it. Just way too many wanted NGT, and even though a couple of them got picked up by other groups and NGT took 5, there were still the highest number of NGT requesting girls who didn't get drafted.

4. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Stopping thinking of the desired team/group as a primary factor in where and why they should be drafted. It is an opinion, not a skill set. It has nothing to do with any actual contributions a girl can make to group or team, outside of motivation to do those things. And if you can't find the motivation to work for your drafted team or group, go home and stay there.

INB4, but minors and moving..... They are made aware they are applying for 48 GROUP Draft and that any team can pick them up. Meaning they should be willing and able to go to another prefecture. If they can't, go home and stay there.

I do find it funny and suspect, that after Yahagi Moeka announced her parents wishes, a number of girls then said pretty much the same thing. And one has already put the lie to her inability to move, by taking the position in HKT.

5. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Poor Miharu :( I was rooting for her too

6. IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    Babyssb
    I'm really pleased with the results tbh. I had 19 girls on my list that I thought might be good choices and 18 of them were picked.
    The only girl that wasn't was Mashimo Kaho.
    And funnily the group I just can't get myself into which is SKE did pick non of the 19 girls from my list. SKE seems to have a style I can't agree with. lol

Again there was no girl that I immediately fell in love with like at the 1st draft with Riripon. Forever a legendary draft member. But I'm looking forward to see wether they found some future senbatsu girls. And I especially hope NMBs choices will finally get them new top idols.

7. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I agree that while it is natural and fine to have a preference of what group/team to join, draftees should keep their options as wide as possible. That is the ideal, and reality sometimes doesn't yield, as you said.

Now, does that mean people should, knowing a girl would 100% have to give up and drop out if drafted into one group, still vote her into that group? I think that's a douche move, even if you say it is her fault for joining draft kaigi. You are still crushing her dreams and opportunity regardless, plus not helping that team out either as you waste a chance to truly draft a new member into the team.

8. Hugglepuff

Hugglepuff Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    26 of the 27 girls I was rooting for got in, I'm really happy with the results. But poor Sawami Sakura.

9. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    No, I am saying if you don't meet the job requirements, you don't get the job. Simple enough concept.

10. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I think it might have at least been better if a girl was just allowed to say her preferred group rather than her preferred team. It kind of takes some of the fun and suspense out of it when most teams only draft a girl who specifically requested that team, and some teams are just choosing from 2-4 girls who requested their team. I think a fan from 'S' for example, should consider a girl who requested KII or E just as strongly as a girl who requested 'S' . Girls in regular auditions don't get to pick their team, so I don't know why the draftees mostly got to.

11. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

The group with the largest number of rejected drafts is HKT48.

After rewatching the event, I have to say that I love new Team K, and am absolutely disappointed with Sasshi and HKT fans.

HKT48's fans tried to draft 3 girls who made their desires clear for only AKB, NMB and STU, and they succeeded in taking one from her wanted group. It's such a shame because HKT48 had their own cute selection of HKT hopefuls.
    They go for other groups' girls, then have the nerve to get upset about losing to the other team, and just rage quite the whole thing. People who are trying to defend this entitled egotistic act are probably HKT fans.

During the show, the only girl I was sure wasn't gonna get picked was #4. My God she was so dramatic! Girl you're 14 years old, not 7.

• Like Like x 1
  12. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Isn't it NGT? 5 of theirs were rejected (4, 5, 37, 58, 63)
    HKT rejected 4 (35, 42, 49, 64)

13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    There were essentially two groups of HKT fans voting. Group 1, the asshats trying to snipe girls who did not want to go south. Group 2, the fans who shut down the asshats the only way they could, the 73 ball. There was no rage quit. There was an effort to protect your precious ones, that cost HKT further draft picks. We left girls behind so other teams could get theirs.

14. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Well there was the video that Sasshi made regards that she doesn't really like the HKT first choice girls...And rather the fans to go ham in ace hunting other team's first choices.

Can't comment if that was a good move or not. But the plan kinda worked for them. She didn't get the girls she didn't like, but also in the same time not getting the girl she liked.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

15. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

#5 is HKT, not NGT.
    Possibly irrelevant, but #37 had both AKB48 and NGT48 as her 1st choice. So 3.5?

This is a good explanation actually.

16. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Funny that they kinda won during the first round with Watanabe Akari (surprisingly girl is actually okay to move to south too). Glad that they failed with Amiru tho.

17. kuroi no hoshizora

kuroi no hoshizora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurakaori
    The Girls who didnt make it

No. 4 - Igarashi Urara (NGT48)
    No. 5 - Ikegaya Chihiro (HKT48)
    Screenshot_2018-01-22-07-56-00-272.jpeg
    No. 30 - Sawami Sakura (AKB48)
    No. 35 - Suzuki Ayaka (HKT48)
    Screenshot_2018-01-22-07-56-11-921.jpeg
    No. 37 - Sogabe Yume (NGT48)
    No. 41 - Nakazaka Miyu (SKE48)
    No. 42 - Nakazeto Chinami (HKT48) Screenshot_2018-01-22-07-56-25-998.jpeg
    No. 49 - Hazama Miharu (HKT48)
    No. 53 - Fukumoto Yui (NMB48)
    No. 58 - Mashimo Kaho (NGT48)
    Screenshot_2018-01-22-07-56-39-587.jpeg
    No. 63 - Mimura Hino (NGT48)
    No. 64 - Murayama Honoka (HKT48)
    No. 70 - Yoshikawa Hikari (SKE48) Screenshot_2018-01-22-07-56-52-364.jpeg

*(___48) is Desired Group

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  18. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    maybe she think she already went too far at this point not to be an idol. And after talking to her family, they cave in and give her the green light. Remember she is only a middle schooler. It is not easy to move out without family support.

Honestly I really hope for Moeka-Akari pair for AKB. And watching the event when Moeka hugged her after H got the right envelope makes me "shiee, what are you doing HKT fans" :^^;:

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I mean if HKT got a little bit of luck on their side they might pulled a great draft actually.

Oki Yuuka one was (Team B, Team H, Team KIV, Team TII and STU). They still lost despite having the most probability to win that lottery lol

If they got Amiru too then truly a surprising victory

20. kuroi no hoshizora

kuroi no hoshizora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurakaori
    The actually team that want Oki Yuuka is not Team H but Team KII

Screenshot_2018-01-26-16-57-34-803.jpeg

*The 2nd round Team H fan want to draft Yamazaki Amiru and clashed with Team M

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018