1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Rough translation of a new report

Several parties expect the success of "PRODUCE 48". Ahn Jung-yong PD, who led the box office of the season of the past season, has directed the show and showed trust in the traditional audition channel Mnet. An official involved long in Korean singing circles commented, "It is clear that it will work out, my company naturally participated if there were female trainees, but I am sorry that there are no children who can participate." The affiliation office that participated in the audition this time said, "We decided to have opportunities just because it is a female idol that is more difficult to put popularity than male idols, because we have good results in the past and will also participate this time." Revealed. A stakeholder who watched the audition group nearby said, "The essence of making an idol is the same, but the title" PRODUCE "seems to greatly encourage the masses.In each office, a trainee for" PRODUCE "is prepared separately It seems to be making it. "

AKB48 is a very leaping opportunity

"PRODUCE 48" will be delayed about a month later than last season when broadcasting started in April last year. The Korean audition is ongoing, the first audit finished on the 10th of this month on the Japanese audition that began last December.While broadcasting in May is likely to be strong, it seems that the timing overlaps "AKB 48 general election" held from the end of May every year in early June. For this reason, some members directly informed fans about the entry of "PRODUCE 48" participation. Sugaki Miyawaki's congruence theory which accounted for 4th place is being whispered among fans, and it is reported that Sakaki Miki of STK 48 of AKB 48 derivation group applied.

A related official said, "There are a number of popular members who have submitted entries in sub-categories and are expected to appear, and at one point the AKB 48, which attracted more attention than the National Assembly general election and called a hot boom, Even if the popularity of the heyday can not be recovered, "PRODUCE 48" triggers a leap again, "he analyzed. Prior to this, Ai Member Seiharu Shihara commented, "Members who do not sell should apply for" PRODUCE 48 "," I thought it would be better to apply for ", but also discussed," As producer Yasushi Akimoto is involved in program production I mean a good opportunity "and positively interpreted.

◆ Also concern about "Japanese color richness"

The production staff is a project that is connected with the system of Japan AKB 48, which is constantly performing live performances at a special theater with the concept of "Idol who can go to see", a single global girls group from both countries will be born through "PRODUCE 48" "And introduced the program.

There are concerns of concern that it is not a girls group with only the Korean market in mind. Broadcasting stakeholders said, "The interpretation problem is obvious, in the worst case the broadcast stream may run out and how to solve it is the key." Another producer said, "Maybe you can incorporate idle production practices in Japan well into the program, a negative expression that Japanese color is rich" will not be used.One kind of gaze We may wish to overcome the problem of the audition so far that it will overcome the competitive society. "

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180129-00000027-cnippou-kr

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. BoredPikachu

BoredPikachu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Lin Nan
    Twitter:
    KindanShoujo
    Interesting that Cuca is mentioned here, if she really is going to do Produce48, I wonder what factors changed compared to when her family couldn't afford Tokyo for her to be in Hello Project :blush:

3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    The writer of this article basically just went through the #produce48 rumour feed of twitter and wrote that down.

But at least CUCA made her name to yahoo jp news under Sakura lol

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

4. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    OK! I must to say it. We all know that all k-pop system is talent and face(body) competition. who draws notes longer, who has more decibels, whose legs are longer, clothes more brand (D&G, Versace, Chanel, Gucci, Dior etc.). individually, identity and ability to communicate with fans does not matter. More sexy, more posh, more saucil, stylishly. This is K-POP! Do you really think that someone from our idols can compete with them(k-pop idols)? Let's be honest! no one can sing! even Sayanee or Yukirin they can not compete in Korean standards. their skills are low. no one is engaged in professional dances. no one is involved in sports in order to have a fit body. most of 48 girls are loli type or just chibi girls.
    For us for 48 fans it's normal, we love them but for the Korean public they look miserable, like a laughingstock (sankyu google translate)
    So I don't want to see our girls on this korean show. This will be another way for korean people to laugh at the Japanese idols (generally japanese). and amuse their self-conceit I think.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Akira85

Akira85 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Quite underestimating their potentials, just w8 and see who knows...
    Also I think the production would not let things go that way, it would negatively affect the show :)

6. welp

welp Next Girls

You clearly never followed K-pop. Full of faulty stereotype.

In my opinion, the height of K-pop idols kinda reflects the height of general Korean girls, of which below 160 is shorty as the median height is 161.

So, you think AKB48 girls should just stay in comfort zone and rather rot in the theatre, handshake hall than to challenge themselves in now sphere? You prefer that kinda idols, not someone who push themselves through psychological + physhical hardship to improve?

By the way, Oh My Girls' "Secret Garden" costumes are nice.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Usually, such kinda fancy costume is too complicated for survival show though. To alter ready-to-wear costume is more convenient since they have 1 or 2 weeks to prepare the costume.

7. yumochi

yumochi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Twitter:
    seolwa
    do you guys think the 48g will be more famous with oversea fans? bc the kpop labels encourage to being internacional, it's growing up so much at the western. I hope produce48 make it happen to japanese idols
    but, at other side, I think it can increase the anti korea feeling on japanese wotas :huh:

8. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

this show will have a direct effect on the rise in popularity with several of the japanese contestants. they will gain international fans, korean fans and most importantly, japanese fans.

sana and mina arent the most talented but they have legions of followers simply because they are gorgeous and they’re japanese in a popular kpop group.

the kpop stans in japan are hardcore and they’ll back some of the japanese contestants on the show. i think it’s a win win for aks

9. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    i dont think it will help with overseas, people will probably follow the produce48 groups but a huge part of 48G is the theaters and HS so not having that diminishes their value to greatly for typical international fans.

10. yumochi

yumochi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Twitter:
    seolwa
    I'm honestly scared of xenophobic comments against the japanese girls, it's very common the foreigner idols suffering bullying between koreans :cry2:

11. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I think TWICE has opened some new doors with how popular the Japanese members are, but I can see at the same time some steps taken backwards in how open korean fans will be towards Japanese idols at the same time. After their performance at MAMA it didn't seem like they were well received but for less racial reasons.

12. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Uh bye. Go back to your Sakamichi babies.

13. welp

welp Next Girls

Also, they help do the talk in Japanese tv show so it won't feel awkward.

Duh.
    - this PD48 group will get a theatre
    - K-pop idols don't do handshake but do fan sign/ high touch. they also do Asian/ world tour.

I don't understand why these 2 points will affect inter fans to begin with. inter fans rarely go into the theatre (but the cafe/ shop next to it) and they do not make significant ratio of handshake attendants. isn't it more pleasing for inter fans that the idol do a fan meet in their countries/ neighboring countries than do handshakes in Japan? top K-pop groups already have more inter value than AKB without theatre, handshake nor election. also,
    - K-pop idols don't do Showroom but do V Live that will quickly be subbed in multiple languages.

PD101 has helped attract fans to PD101 affiliate groups (and soloist) so, definitely, PD48 will give AKB48 many new fans.

14. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    It seems like you're looking from the perspective of a fan that isn't affected by it when it could realistically affect others. For international kpop fans which are the potential new fans that we're talking about, they value visuals, singing and dancing more while 48G has a focus on frequent shows, handshake events and variety. My point was that the main points of value that 48G offers most potential international fans will not benefit at all from. Of course there will be those that don't care and I agree that there could be many new fans (also depending on who from 48G joins) but you missed what I was trying to say.

Also in my opinion I don't think AKB benefits that much from the produce branding when talking about international fans, it's not like most people that would watch produce48 dont know what AKB is already. I can see an influx of korean fans though just because of how gigantic the produce phenomenon is

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

15. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Honestly the best way for AKB to benefit from increased international exposure from P48 would be to lift the insane restrictions on online content for international community. K-pop overtook J-pop internationally in the first place because they actually let youtube do its job. Anecdotally I only got into AKB because last year they finally allowed AKB48 MVs to be viewed on Youtube in my country.

16. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^^ Yeah there was a time when AKB48 were really popular among fans of Japan culture I never France (I think it wa because of AKB0048) but it was so hard to access to AKB related stuffs that the hype quickly disappeared. This is the difference between kpop & jpop, one wants to conquer the world while the other has always been satisfied with itself. And because if that many Japanese groups missed golden opportunities.
    That's why Jpop is now losing to kpop.

I want popular members to participate despite the elections coming soon, imagine the mess *_*

You really don't know much about kpop ._. And you are clearly underestimating AKB members

It will. Kpop fans create buzz or stan stanning groups for the most random reasons. For exemple there was a period where they would bring the spotlight onto Jpop groups just because they were "similar" to some kpop groups, so imagine if suddenly you give them a sister group. They'll get curious about the original product. Also, a lot of kpop fans loooove to be different so they'll stan AKB48 because they won't want to be like the others fans of P48. Haters of the P48 group will also support AKB48 just so they can say stuffs like "they are nothing compared to the original group" & blablabla
    Kinda how there is a "I hate YG artists but I will support the underrated & mistreated Lee Hi/AKMU/Winner/EPIK HIGH just so I can spit on the other groups freely" squad.
    Mark my word, you'll see appear "original" AKB stans out of nowhere after P48

Btw I don't think Japanese Wotas will acknowledge the P48 as a real sister group, especially after seeing all the advantages they'll get compared to the original group.

Times changed, few years ago you would have said that I would have agreed but nowadays a lot of Kpop don't even know that AKB48 is a girlgroup.

17. welp

welp Next Girls

Here you go, keep being ignorant.

18. BuayaDarat

BuayaDarat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    owadanana
    NO! don.ut argue.
    All I have hope is the happy cute girl bring smile to Korean people face. They have hardship in their country.

19. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Ok? If you're not going to come up with a rebuttal it doesn't help me to see your points. This is all speculation anyways like pikachuwei says there's a lot more to be done for AKB to truly get a large influx of fans

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  20. BuayaDarat

BuayaDarat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    owadanana
    Please please don't form relationship with EXO boy. BTS boy. Korean handsome boy!
    It makes distraction from sing, dance, variety. Worry

• Like Like x 2