Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    And give up another chance to throw his darlings in everyone's face? Yeah, no.

2. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    LOL Juritan steal Next Gen (jisedai)?)) Last year she was, but today?

3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Before I judge the costumes from some random photos, I will wait to see how they look in an MV preview. The camera and lighting of the MV will make the colours look different than how they seem in the picture.

On the other hand, what if we are really getting an LGBT theme song [hehe] Strong rainbow colours are a symbol for the LGBT community (PS: I'm kidding, but the thought obviously crossed my mind lol)

4. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    You ever notice that?... AKB48 does everything for other groups Aces & Promotes other Groups- even 46 groups....What does anyone do for JUST AKB? We're relying on Yui-han, Okada Nana & Geesh??

You ever get the feeling AKI-P has a completely DIFFERENT Idea about what AKB is compared to what conventional expectations are? Almost like he intentionally does the opposite of what he presumes fans want - in much the same Ego vain as say George Lucas w/ Star Wars - He's got your money already. Like who was clamoring for MORE "Wrestling"...besides Jurina - lol. Haruppi would be in Senbatsu probably if it wasn't for Wrestling.

Sides what's Wrong w/ "COLORFUL" Outfits? maybe it depends on who is wearing them?? Would THESE costumes be better? It's from a Japanese TV commercial for Y Mobile Phones?

if the video does not show watch the video here

I don't know how this makes Japanese people buy Phones? let along sing "YMCA"?? It's like Lucky Charms Marshmallows came to life - lol

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

All the excitement I had for the single is gone out the window after seeing those outfits.

Poor Naachan.

6. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Still think that these are the costumes for a b-side song or something.....or at least they have a badass outfit underneath which they reveal during the chorus fooling us all. :)

7. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ^ It's not for a B-side though.. You know all the B-sides that have MVs are SG, Sakamichi and pure AKB track, there's no B-side which has Sayanee, Yuihan and Sasshi together..

8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Well....... There is still the one Theater Edition song we know nothing about. But no PV's for that. So your point, while slightly flawed, still stands. ;)

9. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    The outfits remind me of that timeless guilty pleasure classic B Garden, sign me up.

10. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I want to mention that as well, but since it's a common knowledge that theater edition doesn't have MV, it's okay not to count that track.

11. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I hope the Sakamichi AKB song won't be a dance intensive one. We don't want our less capable keyaki guests to get exhausted and faint during the dance performance, do we?

12. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I'm surprised that thought never crossed my mind (even though anything rainbow-colored always reminds me of LGBT lol). But it all makes sense now!
    well except maybe Naachan and a few others
    lol I really hope this a-side isn't another KFC.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  13. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    So...wait- Sally Amaki (22/7) who often alludes to being Bi-Sexual (in Showroom Live in English) CAN'T play off her 'Sexuality' because she'll be "Let go" according to her comments from management.... BUT, Yurina Hirate can dress & look a GUY in Keyakizaki and Okada Nada can be the "Ace" of a Pro-LGBT 'flavored'? (Supportive?) Song after having admitting to being Bi-Sexual & openly dresses Danso.

I wouldn't care if Milky was Bi (she obviously alludes to it) - Yuko was kinda "bi-Curious" (at least w/ KojiHaru)- There are tons of jokes about KPOP gals being GAY for each other...but it's playful & mysterious & mischiefly displayed. SKE & NMB had rumors about certain memebers (it's Spicy- who cares). It's Girls being Girly w/ each other (Guys like like it, even in Anime)...But if AKI-P goes FULL LGBT supportive??

It's Brave & Bold (especially w/ AKB's rep) but it's a gamble he CAN'T walk back. I won't lie, I want him to do it. I want to see how it plays out. He will own this choice forever (Success or Failure). I personally think Japan isn't ready for this but, It's NOT my Group. This is not MTV & even the novelty of Lady Beard got old in less than a year (he's still around, the 2 girls moved on). I want AKB48 to become the 1st Openly Gay Friendly LGBT type group...just to see what happens.

Aki-P's made his money - He has NOTHING to lose. If this damages the Brand w/ traditional Japanese citizens - he'll just walk away & let the girls 'pick up the pieces'. It's not my call & I don't live there- maybe it'll work....or it won't.

14. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Asuka is Sakamichi's center, no doubt.

15. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

This reminds me when KFC PV was released, people were freaking out over the drag queen and rainbow flag in the video.

As much as I love Jpop idols, I don't think "LGBT RIGHTS" are on their mind at all.

16. Cakula

Cakula Kenkyuusei

My prediction about the center B-side track

STU48 : Takino Yumiko
    AKB48 Senbatsu : Mukaichi Mion
    SKE48 : Obata Yuna
    NMB48 : Ota Yuuri
    HKT48 : Miyawaki Sakura
    NGT48 : Nakai Rika
    Sakamichi : Saito Asuka

17. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Might as well play along.
    Prediction for b-side center
    STU48 : Takino Yumiko
    Still need to push the ori chosen center

AKB48 Senbatsu : Oguri Yui
    Maybe she was not made center since they want to make her push a bit low-key branding her more as a next-gen center.

SKE48 : Obata Yuna
    Can be Jurina if other groups will stick to their ace, like if Sakura will center HKT.

NMB48 : Yamamoto Ayaka
    Assuming they'll go with Oguri in AKB and Matsuoka in HKT.

HKT48 : Matsuoka Hana
    hahahahaha, why not?

NGT48 : Nakai Rika
    She seems to be getting a lesser degree but actually more deserving Matsuoka Hana level push.

Sakamichi : Yurina
    If they didn't allow Kanji Keyaki to hold a concert without her, there's no way Yurina will be part of a unit and not center it.

18. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    AKB senbatsu:Oguri Yui
    SKE48:Matsui Jurina
    NMB48:Shiroma Miru
    HKT48:Tanaka Miku
    NGT48:Homma Hinata
    STU48:Takino Yumiko
    Sakamichi48:Neru

but does a sakamichi48 center have to be a sakamichi member,why not let Naachan center?

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Kinda hoping we get W-centers.

AKB: Oguri-Ikumin
    SKE: Yuna-Rara
    NMB: Oota-Ayaka
    HKT: Aki-Nene
    NGT: Katomina-Moeka
    STU: Yumiko-Hina
    SakamichiAKB: Tecchi-Naachan

20. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

I have a feeling they'll go for the U-17 girls as centers.

Prediction
    AKB48: Oguri Yui
    SKE48: Obata Yuna
    NMB48: Yamamoto Ayaka
    HKT48: Matsuka Hana
    NGT48: Homma Hinata
    STU48: Iwata Hina
    Sakamichi: Yoda Yuki

Desire
    AKB48: Kubo Satone - Fukuoka Seina
    I couldn't decide between the two, so wcenter it is lol
    SKE48: Goto Rara
    Either girls is fine. I don't really follow SKE.
    NMB48: Jonishi Rei
    I would've preferred Umeyama Cocona or Hongou Yuzuha, but from U17 Rei>Ayaka since Aayan is a bit overpushed.
    HKT48: Yabuki Nako
    Need I explain?
    NGT48: Takakura Moeka
    I'm a Hinatan fan, but I want them to keep this tradition. Give us a winter wonderland centering Okappa in an outdoors Niigata location.
    STU48: Iwata Hina
    I can say Yabushita Fu, but I prefer Hinachan lol
    Sakamichi: Oguri Yui - Yabushite Mizuki
    Wouldn't mind Yuiyui solo center, but I also want to see Acchan's clone centering an AKB song lol