1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kakizaki Memi (Memitan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    0.jpg

In the midst of Hiragana 3 days concert news, my own Memi fan art. (HRes here)
    Debate aside, I bet both 1st and 2nd gen members are all over the place right now, so, best wishes to all of them.
    To Memi more since last time she was injuired too.

3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

fanart of Memi and Techi

[​IMG]

source

from Kumi blog
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  4. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    This is both cute and sad... Get well soon, Techi.

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi blog post: Nagoya handshake event, with lots of pics. Shows her using her left hand fairly normally, within limits. A photo on Message seems to show her hand out of the bandage, but still red and a bit swollen. I'm becoming more confident she will be on stage at Budoukan.

She had a birthday celebration at the handshake event, and said that now that she is not the youngest member, she wants to show an adult side more. First step: not wearing twintails, which she told a handshake guest she didn't like (she has intimated this before). I've added some handshake reports to the post.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Nice work on the fan art, @Dill. And @CutePanda, I love to see MemiNeru. In fact, I love to see MemiNeruTechi. I can dream. I get the sense that Memi is pretty busy, with rehearsals, school, maybe also physiotherapy. Long gaps in posting to blog or Message, with little bursts of nice activity. More photos on both than before.

The right-hand photo above is one posters have said is causing Memi oshis to "die peacefully."

6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thank you @ukifune and thanks for the translation, always greatly appreciated. The exchange between Memi and Shuuta-san is funny and cute at the same time.
    I hope she got a lot of nice interactions ^^
    To tell the truth, I'm not a fan of twintails either, but on Memi they look good.... not that I'm biased or nothing [hehe]

I'd go with a TechiMemiMiho, though, I like the contrast ^^

Can't wait to see how this "more grown up Memi" is reflected on a stage though. I didn't even took in consideration the fact she could miss Budoukan because of the hand :blink:

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

When the injury was first reported, I looked up various medical sites, and the best info seemed to be four weeks to getting the cast off, nine weeks until a teen should do sports again, and months to absolute full recovery. The end of January will be 7.5 weeks. But I see no suggestion from her that she won't be there. She seems close to normal -- if a bit grown up, lol. I did worry, however, when she said in Message that she rode a bicycle for the first time in a long while and found it convenient. I wanted to shout: "No!" You can fall off a bicycle, too.

First reflection of grown-up Memi: not wearing twintails. Lol.

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi blog post: Memi and Manafi. Plus pics. Getting ready for Budoukan -- in 3 days!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've subbed the Memi/Manafi hour-long Showroom broadcast from 23 December:

I think this is the real Memi: calm, natural, direct, pushy but uncertain, humbly proud, fairly smart but not that knowledgeable, easily amused and quite amusing.

We are approaching an important time for her. This is when she has to make her move for centre, before the 2gens take over. She has not been posting to either Message or her blog -- her last blog post was written for her by Mana. I suspect she is very, very busy getting ready for Budoukan. In her Idol & Read interview, she says she never particularly wanted centre, but now she doesn't want to lose it.

I've read some discussion of who should be centre for Silent Majority, if they do it at Budoukan. The choices presented were Memi or a 2gen. At first I thought that left out some appropriate 1gens, but thinking about it, perhaps Memi is the only true possibility there. She showed a great serious face in NO WAR on the AKB Show, as well as good chest-thrusting movements. She's pretty serious, and she knows Hirate pretty well. Whatever the case, I'm sure she has a lot to work on before Wednesday night.

10. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Awesome, thanks for the hard work (1 hour of subs)!

11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thank you @ukifune
    the worst is being at work and have to wait to really appreciate it.

I'm conflicted when it comes to hiragana's centers... people saw so little of them so far that I wish - expect? - each of them center a kanji song. I have no setting in mind regarding who sing what, but 1st gen comes first for sure.
    Memi in particular...

..not that I'm biased or anything like that lol

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi was fairly prominent at last night's first Budoukan concert, centring Futari Saison and Dare Tobe, and to some extent NO WAR. She also did Zumiko's poetry reading in SekaAi. And she sang in the small group on Neko no Namae, which she previously said that she wanted to do, after not doing it the first time they did it at a live.

In Dare Tobe, she was the one shot up from the stage lift, as Neru was originally. One poster said she seemed to go up about 5 metres (=16 feet). I hope her wrist is well healed. In the video for members before the show, she held a sign saying: "Makuhari revenge!! I can move my wrist."

[​IMG]

I've seen comments praising her penmanship. I think she and Neru have the best among the members, from what I've noticed. But this isn't up to her best. Love the brightness and enthusiasm in her eyes. Not that MeiMei isn't looking good, too.

There is also a new set of photo-cards showing Memi still in her sling:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

@Dill -- I've been thinking about the centre thing and finding myself less certain. I think any Hiragana 1gen could be a centre -- even Mao-chan, under the right circumstances. For SaiMajo, the numbers are more limited, but there are various ways to do it. Biggest surprise at the concert was Hina-chan centering a 2gen version of Oide Shampoo.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    We'll see what it will bring day two.. or I'm wrong in my assumption that the setlist will change?
    Mao is the one I feel more sad about.. because the potential is there...
    I still hope Hiragana will be given a solo-show where can finally shine.

Anyway......... I'm so praying for us to put our hands on whatever footage of Budokan

for having the sling on.. those pictures are pretty nice.

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Holding the mic in her left hand, the one she broke seven weeks ago.

[​IMG]

Just saw a comment that this is like Kakizaki Memi painted by Vermeer.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Long interview with Memi from Idol & Read magazine. She talks about her family, her good and bad times at school, getting fat, discovering Nogizaka46 and slimming down again, applying to join Keyaki, the tribulations of the audition process, how confident and happy she was in Keyakizaka at first, then how she became depressed over lack of improvement, and how the plan to add members really hurt.

She says how much she likes performing on stage, but that she doesn't feel she is up to leading the group at centre -- at least she didn't in late October of last year, when the interview took place. I'm hoping her evident growth over the past couple of months will have made her more confident.

She says that at first members thought she was quiet because she wanted to be alone, but now they realize she is so dependent on having people around her that they call her a rabbit -- someone who could die from being left alone. Anyway, a fascinating interview.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  16. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I still keep asking myself: Why do idol groups - Sakamichi and AKB48G inclusive - hold their mic with their left hand so often? :confused:

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@ukifune thanks again for your wonderful translation of this long interview for Memi :) #Arigatou

i didnt know Memi struggled with her weight before this interview. Nogizaka46 made a huge difference for Memi and she slimmed down then join Hiragana audition.
    there are few Nogizaka46 fans in Keyakizaka46. (Neru[Ito Marika oshi], Naako[Akimoto Manatsu oshi] , Habu [Maiyan oshi] and few more members)

Neko cosplay
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Budokan photos
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Kids' weight can come and go really fast for tons of reasons, but with all the activities she did I doubt it was really that bad.

What worries me more is the "perception" she has of herself.
    She looks at herself thorugh other people's eyes even when others aren't doing it at all. This can be quite dangerous, especially for someone who now has thousands of eyes on her. On the other hand this way of thinking is, probably, what it makes her be better at what she is doing instead of make her just accept things as they are, or be just depressed forever about things. Being proactive... I think is the right term....

And she is not alone. Which is the most important thing.

Memi never said who her Nogi oshi was/is? I can't recall it.

19. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    For choreography/easier to move around dominant hand accurately...I think

20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

That's just what bothered me reading that piece. I have thought of her as being more confident than that, at least at a deeper level. She has so much going for her that I hope she will grow out of it.

To be honest, I find her greatest skill is being able to look straight into the camera and make eye contact with the viewers. At those moments, she seems to me quite calm, interested in what she might see in them. Whereas other members tend to look just beside the camera, and also give me a feeling of being desperate to make an impression, to sell themselves. I have worried that the nature of life as an idol might lead her in that direction.

By the way, today on Message, she added another group to her pantheon. She said that she can't get Unison Square Garden's songs out of her head. I don't remember ever reading who her favorite in Nogi is.

I certainly don't know it for a fact, but I agree with @hmmero's answer about the left-hand mic: to have the dominant arm freer for dancing.