1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 6th [Glass wo Ware!] (2018/03/07)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 30, 2018.

1. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

He's always like this. just ignore him.

2. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I'm still not completely sold on the song, feels like it lacks a hard hitting climax though overall still a nice tune 6/10 or so
    I really liked the MV though, the styling and choreography are excellent. Those trench coats look killer and the choreography is complex, energetic and hard-hitting.

I can only dream that 48G does something like this again for their A-sides. Maybe not as edgy rebellious teenager since that's Keyaki's niche but something like UZA would be great.

3. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Unfortunately, the “bar” I’ve set here was exceeded by so many stage members already. I’ve already “fade away, and classify myself as obsolete.” But thanks anyway for keeping me still relevant. You’re a sweetheart! :approve:

4. diki

diki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    i don't care about all shenanigans..
    Mv is great, music is great (rockin guitar solo)..
    they keep making a great way how people would pay attention..
    super dance moves, sweet members, unique concept..
    keyakizaka is awesome at different level..
    lets enjoy it as per usual

5. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    loved the MV the visuals really make up for the song~(still too theme song-ish for me no matter what) Really happy cause zuumin really stood out
    & all the members look great on the limited screen-time they got!
    can't wait to see live performance version of this

rant : i guess it's normal practice now for screen-time allocation: center(hirate) will get most screen time about 70%+++ then it goes to popular members(kami 10/lucky 10) ~~finally what ever leftover seconds is given to the remaining 10 members(i would say 1 second per person lol)

6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

carbon monoxide poisoning just as bad as hyperventilating.....:^^;:

7. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Watched the MV and still need Byakugan to find Uemura. :)

8. Blackcat911

Blackcat911 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Really, Umemura is so adorable and ez too find, Yone is the one need Byakugan too find so sad :(

9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Like usual I had to watch it without sound and in ninja mode :fear: but it was still SO GOOD!!!

@ukifune once again I couldn't agree more with you, Techi shines at her best in this kind of settings.

But yes, the first part seems to recally her injury and then the time after, when who knows what kind of thought she had about everything (speculating here, but she is, after all, an human teenager) and then in perfect story-line-style, raising herself up with an energy that screems youth so much it's a pleasure to watch it even without music.

The stills of the members are cool but yeah, a bit more time for everyone would have been much appreciated, I've yet to find Uemura... I was so sure I saw her in the preview but then I lost her

10. saekokuga874

saekokuga874 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    agreed. everyone's execution and expressions were so on point, they have improved SO much... such a shame they wouldn't put it on the official MV.

I actually spotted some Techi shots that were unnecessary and not up to her best - it feels like they just use it to fill up the space for the Techi montage during her "solo", they did the same thing in Kaze Ni. *large sigh*

11. ramadya

ramadya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    Twitter:
    ramadayoo
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  12. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    boring MV compared to Kazeni and Fukyouwaon... Even Techi's solo shot was kinda not really focused on her? The song was okay thou

I don't really like the choreo.. sure, they are probaby hard to dance but it's not as entertainibg as the previous songs...

as cOmpared to akb's thou... much be better. Techi's solo CM is much more interesting and artistic than this

13. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I just rewatched the MV again... damn the girls in the third row are barely visible. Nijika is only there for like 0.5 second

14. Blackcat911

Blackcat911 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
  15. Kumosayi

Kumosayi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kawata Hina
    I do like the MV, but it would be nice if it was slightly less Hirate and slightly more everyone else.

Also, it might just be the quality of the video on this, but there seemed to be more difficult to tell members apart during the dance segments than previous MVs. I think that might make it feel like the other members get less screentime too...

I enjoyed the video though, and I'm starting to really like the song so w/e. Looking forward to their lives.

16. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    Huh. Whoa. I liked that.

I'll be honest--I didn't actually like the song very much when I first heard it. I thought it lacked something that would make it great, instead of just good. It's growing on me, but it's still missing something. After watching the MV, I feel like I know what it is: the beat is nowhere near as heavy as it needs to be to match the choreo. Of course, the song was probably written first and the choreography and cinematography came later to match it, but watching how good the MV is just highlights the weakness of the song. The drum and bass is just so pitiful, especially the drum, and especially when compared to how nice the guitars sound. If they'd gone just a little bit further with the rock vibe... but I guess if it was too heavy, it could potentially drown out the girls' vocals. But I also think that would be because I feel the chorus isn't as punchy as the verses. Or rather, it doesn't stand out compared to the verses; the song is a kinda one-tone. One of the things that has made many Keyakizaka songs so great is how dynamic they are. Still, I think it'll be popular enough. It has a nice melody, and it'll be a great song for concerts because of how easy it is to shout along.

As for the MV itself... whoa. I dig it. My main gripes are that the frantic camerawork and lighting make it hard to see some of the members. Otherwise, the choreo and visuals are awesome. I think the costumes are simple, but great (I guess red coats are Techi's thing, eh?).
    • The part where Hirate is coming towards the camera between the rows of members and dancers is damn cool.
    • The short dance section with the Suzumoto/Nijika/Fuyuka/Koike/Kobayashi/Imaizumi/ (who's the last girl?) group was cool. Need more of that.
    • Shida's hair: too cool.
    • It never fails to amaze me how Hirate can throw her body around when she dances. The look, the moves, the aura... it's easy to see why management went back to her. She's basically the perfect centre. (and she prints money).
    • That being said, I totally think Imaizumi could've totally pulled off the centre role for this single. She also has that sharp look that would've been perfect for a cool-type banchou.
    • Suzumoto was intense in this one. If there is anybody who can move as explosively as Techi, it's her.
    • I also think there was too little screentime for the other members. Like, aside from the one or two dance sections and solo shots, the only one who actually has any significant action is Hirate. That's a bummer.
    Anyway, overall I enjoyed it. I also appreciate how diverse Keyakizaka singles are. They've all been in different styles and genres so far. It makes me wonder what's next for them. Reggae?

17. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Anyone here realizes there's a dance scene without Techi? I hope it means they have a back-up plan when Techi isn't around, and that also means Yuichanzu w-center remains when Techi can't perform!

18. Makori

Makori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    uemurarina
    this is uemura ss from mv that i can get it.. :cute:..

Screenshot_21.png Screenshot_23.png Screenshot_24.png Screenshot_25.png

i like her expression here.. <3<3<3

19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Definitely a step up from the previous single (which imo shouldn't be that hard... :fear:).

Nice MV for sure. I need a few listens to judge the song properly, but I'd rather wait for a decent quality version before I do that.
    First impression is all right though.

20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

YouTube Japan after about seven hours:

#1 ON TRENDING
    欅坂46 『ガラスを割れ!』

Nijika was so, so cool. That scarecrow flapping-coat spin. As good as her bit in Getsuyoubi.

Honestly, for a few watchings there I didn't notice Techi that much, the others were so riveting, one by one by four by two. Flashes, but flashes of brilliance.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018