TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    If anything it’ll be pointless to make it an IOI like group. The point of the show is to expand the 48G brand to a worldwide audience, and if they end up being a regular 12 member girl group then that won’t happen.There has to be some gain from both sides, and I doubt Aki-P would be interested in just making a regular Kpop group.

CJ&EM are one of the most wealthy companies in Korea. Not to mention Boys24 had 27 members who performed at their theatre literally every single day. Do a bigger group with less theatre performances wouldn’t make a difference in that regard.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Well they're collaborating with Aki-P. All his groups have a million members. If they don't know this then they shouldn't collaborate with him. And 16 members is manageable right? I mean it's 48 group usual. Assuming say half of the final 16 are 48 group members, then I think only bout 8 will actively promote in Korea after the show. That's about what the Koreans are comfortable with so I think it's ok.

Also, I think the fact that half of the girls are 48 group members who are already known and with their own things going on make this more feasible actually? For 48g fans we are only getting to know say 50 new girls, for the Korean fans who didn't know anything bout 48g before, there's already a wealth of resources they can look into to find out more about the girls even if they get next to no screen time.

In fact, I think it's going to be very true to the essence of the 48g, a stepping stone to the entertainment industry.

That's all you have to say?

3. welp

welp Next Girls

When most contestants have been eliminated, somehow, AKB's girls may end up in a group short of decent vocalists that the best vocalist among AKB's girl will be pushed to lead vocal.

A theatre is supposed to have step platform for audience to sit and view the stage taking up most of its space, so, it won't be convertible. Just to remove and re-install the chair will need many laborers thus, costly.

$20 is already fairly expensive concert ticket for Korean standard. If you sell 250 tickets, you'll earn only $5,000. If the cost is subtracted out of that $5,000, possibly 10+ members gotta share $500. Meanwhile, the group possibly will be paid $10,000 or more performing in a festival for 1 hr.

If they gonna do just for "Idol who meet you" concept, just do busking. Many popular K-pop groups do this once in a while.

4. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I think it’s smarter to make this an actual 48G then a typical Kpop group. Aside from the fact that they are trying to push the 48G brand to a worldwide audience, Korea would finally get their own sister group.

Also this would work well with the Kennin system. If it were to be a regular 12 member GG, it’ll be weird seeing different lineups per comeback. IOI members that left their group to debut/comeback to their own companies groups while IOI were promoting got backlash alongside YMC. That’s the reason Wanna One aren’t allowed to have idol activities in their companies. If this was a regular Kpop group, they wouldn’t fix what they did with IOI for Wanna One to make this another IOI case for PDC48. Though at least if it was a 48G, it would be more understandable.

I think the 12 members are the Senbatsu team and there will be other teams mostly promoting in their theatre. Each of the 3 teams get a B-side MV release while whoever is part of the top 12 will promote the title track, go on music shows, do variety, ect. Also with the Kennin system, members could easily be replace temporarily.

5. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

The Boys24 theatre shows cost about 30USD to 50USD iirc. There's also many musical revue shows in Korea... If they didn't go bankrupt from Boys24 which was an utter flop, I don't see how this would be difficult.

6. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I've been so busy I forgot to check up here...and I learn everything from Twitter so...

Not sure if anyone posted these but they're a decent source of Info
    I know one of you dropped the KojiMako news - But Sakura... That's a BIG GUN for Japan. If she explodes she's gonna Blow Jurina off the stage (or atleast make her sweat) - Sakura w/ KPop Cred will put her on par w/ Sayanee & Milky AND to have achieved it on Foreign soil will be 'Boastful'. Jurina is talented (Yes, we know) but I've never seen her have "work for anything" (a discussion for another time) or should I say 'Risk without a NET below her' (The Net being AKI-P). It's a shame Haruppi would be AMAZING on this show but that stupid Wrestling crap might've killed her Idol future.

KojiMako - I am VERY Excited. I've wanted to see her break out of her sisters shadow for YEARS. Her sister KojiHaru is S-Level Pretty & has a decent voice - but if Mako slays on Korean turf she'll totally surpass her big sis. She's tall & has a classic beauty - Koreans will love her!

The NMB girl - Miru. She's gonna have a edge because she's gonna want to impress Sayanee & NMB seems to run a tighter ship than AKB in terms of Dance quality. ALSO... Sana (TWICE) is from Osaka, Japan so look for her to get TWICE Support & Osaka JP support.

Team 8 ex-member Riona would be outstanding on this show!! - Princess level pretty & Yuko dance prowess. She could be in ANY Kpop group tomorrow. She's easily Black Pink level Awesome! (and I'm bias cause she 'Follows me' on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/miss_sophia_no1/status/961919234874908672

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Well, it looks like you didn't pay a strong attention to this thread latest pages.
    If you had read at least the last 5 pages, you would have found that these acounts are not really considered very decent.

It seems history repeats itself quickly lately.

8. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I think this thread must be cursed [hehe]
    Everybody can't take anything easy.

9. Erald

Erald Kenkyuusei

From this statement :
    - The project will combine the Produce 101 voting system with AKB48’s “idols-you-can-meet” concept, which involves the idols performing live in their own theater.

^^
    That's enough for me to conclude that aki-p will make a new sister group in Korea

10. welp

welp Next Girls

Welp. You're clueless. Mnet is a subsidiary of CJ E&M and, CJ E&M is a subsidiary of CJ Group, a colossal conglomerate.
    CJ E&M business includes
    - music label
    - drama production
    - film studio
    - event organizing
    etc.

The reach of CJ Group includes logistics, foods, home shopping, securities etc.

For the wage of members, usually, K-pop idols are paid from profit the group makes, no minimum guarantee. So, if the group fails to surpass break-even point, members will receive 0 won of wage. The member may be given weekly allowance but that will be recorded as accumulated debt.

Rather than the number of members, it looked like main problems were
    - the show format/ editing was darn boring
    - the lack of charming contestants
    - the voting taking over 1 year long

PD101 S2 fans have no problem supporting both Wanna One and JBJ.

You forgot that theatrical show runs multiple rounds weekly and Boy24 failed to fill its theatre.

Of course, a company of Mnet size won't go bankrupt because of the theatre. Still, the member should not be in difficult situation because of unprofitable activity.

11. BoredPikachu

BoredPikachu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Lin Nan
    Twitter:
    KindanShoujo
    if only Riona graduated later, her power... The vernacular she processes... Ugh her mind it amazes me

Boys24 are different cause they debuted as IN2IT and by then no one cared and their debut flopped

Godspeed to whoever becomes the main vocal for the Japanese side

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12. welp

welp Next Girls

more likely, it will be no main vocalist from 48 groups. J-pop songs are usually choral thus, no main vocalist is needed. Besides, Jihyo, speaking no Japanese, always is Twice's main vocalist whether it is Korean or Japanese song.

13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  14. welp

welp Next Girls

Some BNK48's fans speculated if Jennis would join PD48.

This morning, Jennis posted on IG Story
    "Are you jealous?
    Ooohh.
    I'm stunned, speechless.
    @Pupe
    @Music
    @Pun
    It's unbelievable.
    Many other members wished they could.
    If I can make it ... Gosh."
    Jennis said multiple times she desired to join the show, Pupe and Pun are big K-pop fans, Music once posted on IG Story in Korean. Some other members said they wanted to join this show.

BNK48's fans discussed Jennis was the best choice of BNK48 for this show, she was pretty, passionate, fair singer and good dancer, and had long been a K-pop fan.
    But, if this is true, the audition result for 48 girls has just announced? Any previous rumor of 48's member to join may be fake? Also, will it be JKT48's girl too?

15. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

what does she look like? I think international sister group is possible? having 48 girls from just the Japanese 48 groups is a lot! I'm praying for Abe Maria.

16. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I actually started to like a lot of the BNK48 girls, so I would be excited to see them on it

Yep this is one of the many reasons I see this group being a 48G

17. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    lol i had a dream (literally a dream as in the one you get on your sleep kinda dream) where Natty participated, amde it to the final line-up, and wqs added to BNK48 lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

18. welp

welp Next Girls

She looks and sounds like this

if the video does not show watch the video here
    I doubt it too.

That might sound like nightmare for Natty.

19. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Tbh they said all sister groups were allowed to participate, they never said the Japanese groups only. Though I can see the doubts in it, it’s possible

20. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

If the show is at least decently popular, they will have no problem selling 250 tickets a day at $100 lol. They'll all be occupied by fansites