Football Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Discothèque, Jun 9, 2012.

1. TCS Kennedy

TCS Kennedy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamuramahiro
    I mean, Liverpool complaining about Coutinho being sold but yet... the people in bold are from Southampton...

Mignolet

Clyne - Lovren - van Dijk - Robertson

Wijnaldum - Can - Lallana

Mane - Firmino - Salah

(even Oxlade-Chamberlain has Southampton roots). Anyways...

It's a bit disingenuous to stereotype anyone's level of fandom based on their nationality. Prior to this @bannie character entering the thread, I think we were all pretty respectful on that front. Even the most "avid" supporters of their club teams never crossed national lines, but I dunno, maybe because we hardly mention the English Premier League on this board? To bash someone based on one's nationality because your club team's ownership is of a particular nation... I dunno dude. Should I say Indian fans are clueless about football because Blackburn got relegated while under ownership of an Indian company (Venkys)? Are Thai fans experts in football fandom because Leicester City, owned by the King Power International Group, won the Premier League? The answer is obviously of course not. By the way, even Liverpool great Steve Nicol took his time to manage the New England Revolution and loved his time there.

I mean, I get you love your club and all, but to be bigot-like and denigrate ALL people of a certain nationality because your supporting club's ownership is based in a particular nation, you can keep your opinions to yourself. Football is meant to be a global game, and fans should love the idea of new and upcoming fans being immersed into the sport. For example, ArsenalFanTV did a special where they went to New Orleans to among other things, talk and get to know fellow Yankee gooner fans. What was amazing about that was that you had a fandom that was able to embrace fans from the USA, despite the fact that Arsenal's majority ownership is... from the USA. If they can see look beyond such factors...

2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I just knew that when Chelsea signed Shevchenko, it was 30M. It was a schate because he went a flop at Chelsea and at that moment that was considered expensive. But today, there're lot of defenders more expensive than that so today, 30M for a striker looks cheap. Yeah, this is inflation. If that transfer happened today, it could be about 150M.

3. bannie

bannie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Shevy was a poor buy back then huh. Who was manager? Was it Ancelotti? He didnt want the dude but Abra really liked him. Shevy was too old and could never keep pace in the EPL.

Chance for us to go 2nd today! That would be quite a surprise after the January window. Other teams just mucking up left and right.

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Pep Guardiola has been charged by FA because of the yellow ribbon... :fp:

5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Was about to watch Barça match last night but I realized that I need a new TV. I need that because what if Barça wins treble again this season, and also there's world cup this year.

BTW, never been a fan of Italian football but I'm sad too because this world cup is wothout Italy.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  6. bannie

bannie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I dont agree with the FA on most things but he definitely deserves the charge.
    However, I am glad he will still wear it today. And I hope he continues to wear it as long as it remains relevant.

Chelsea to beat United.
    and hopefully lots of goals at Wembley tonight with Arsenal losing.

7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Just made a meme. This is true.

259hff.png

8. karles48

And he accepts it with pride. There are many things I don't like about him, but this time I can only have words of praise.

9. karles48

10. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

arsenal2.png
    f:censored:ck! i'm leaving
    arsenal1.jpg

11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Seems it's something normal for German players to play bad in clubs but still play good in national team. If Argentina meets Germany which means Aguero meets Mustafi again, there won't be the same as last night, Aguero have a lot of jobs to do. Klose & Podolski also had not very good record in club football.

12. bannie

bannie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
  13. karles48

Wenger has always been a loser and a crybaby... [hehe]

14. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
  15. bannie

bannie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    hahaha. You bet they are laughing.
    Ozil signed a new contract 320k pw to stroll around the park. $$$
    Auba is at his prime but moved to a less competitive team for more money. $$$
    Mikhi who cant find a game at United nor another club except Arsenal. $$$
    Lacazette has he played yet this season? $$$

Not surprised where they are given all their players prefer to collect cash rather than win something. The only player that wanted to win was ostracized because he was "too demanding of his teammates" and released to their "rivals" (again!). circa Van Persie!

Wenger IN Kroenke IN!!!

16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    There's a new rumor that Khelaifi, PSG boss is about to offer Mbappe to Barca to trade with Coutinho to make Neymar happy as the Brazilian is unhappy with the French youth. WTF.

17. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

If Leicester City championship was surprised at time, are there something else?

If you are saying about Iceland in that tournament is that... I think not... it was just about them work...

What kind feeling at in Japan for that tournament? How easy/hard it seen at playoffs?

How is imago at Jleague?
    Edit: I think you should know about how much can believe at rumors...

18. karles48

That comes from 'El pais', so it's less than shit... If Khelaifi really wanted Coutinho he would offer him another obscene amount of money; he would never let go one of his cracks to buy another player. Besides, after Neymar's affair PSG had better not ask even for a glass of water here...

19. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

Can't believe ive only just seen this thread!

Anyway, City fan here!
    3 - 0 !:1st:
    Hopefully, the first of a treble!

And for those that watched in on Sky Sports, I find it hilarious how Neville was hating on the Arsenal team. I mean dont get me wrong, their performance was inferior of their usual play, but he seemed extra pissed. He must of had money on them or something :lol:. Or he probably doesn't like the Idea of city getting ever closer to that Treble!!

Cant wait till next weeks replay. But its kinda of already in the bin for Arsenal now though. I mean, even if they win against us, they will still be 7 points behind Tottenham whose only tough games left are City and Chelsea (away). And even if Chelsea beat Tottenham, thats puts Chelsea in the top 4 instead.

I can see the top 3 staying as it is, maybe a switch-a-roo between Liverpool and Utd. With Tottenham and Chelsea fighting for that #4 spot.

Arsenal seriously need to just focus on winning that Europa instead.

20. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    nothing wrong with the player, i think with the current squad they still have potential as the competitor for EPL title
    the only problem is Wenger, she need get out from Arsenal soon as possible
    Milan with Gattuso so far 9W 3D 0L..so yeah, good luck Wenger :D
    i thought PSG owner will bought all Real Betis squad because they can score more goal to Real Madrid than PSG :awesome: