1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

My thoughts exactly.
    Wish they'd gone for some STU unknown girl tbh.
    Or just keep it AKB/Team8 + Sakamichi.

But I guess since the SSK battle this year is supposed to be between those two... :|

Why would it be?
    They have a single being released right on her graduation for a reason. :^^;:

Hopes for Centers! Round 2:

AKB: Miion
    SKE: Nao
    NMB: Mirurun
    HKT: ... so it's Sasshi/Sakura? Meh.
    NGT: Moeka
    STU: Probably Yumiko again, but hoping for Hinachan
    SakAKB: Naachan

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    I actually liked that weird highlight hair, there's a strand on Sayanee's hair as well and I liked it. and I love neon colours as well as funky costume so these costumes fit right in for me. Way better than the leaked photos. The description said that this is the flashiest AKB costume so far, have to agree with them lol. I love love love the MV. The scenery was absolutely stunning (those sakuras!!!), the girls were beautiful, especially Naachan and Sayanee. Yumirin got some shining moments too. The AKB girls got a lot of screen time (esp Komiharu, Juri, Mako, Miion) so you don't feel that the SG overshadowed them. As someone have said, definitely too much slo-mo and we didn't really see the choreography, but I love it regardless. Overall 9/10 MV rating from me (less slo-mo would have scored a 10/10 lol)
    can't say the same for the song tho...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  3. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Just like the song, even the mv seems on slow motion lol

This feels a little bit weird to me.

4. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    STU48 Senbatsu "Padel to Sharin to Kita Michi to"/"The pedals, wheels, and the road we came from" (Type A, B, C, Theater)
    Ishida Chiho, Ishida Minami, Isogai Kanon, Ichioka Ayumi, Imamura Mitsuki, Iwata Hina, Okada Nana, Kadowaki Miyuna, Sano Haruka, Takino Yumiko, Tanaka Kouko, Torobu Yuri, Fukuda Akari. Fujiwara Azusa, Mori Kaho, Yabushita Fu

AKB48 Young Sen Senbatsu "Position" (Type D, E)
    Asai Nanami, Okabe Rin, Oguri Yui, Kawamoto Saya, Kubo Satone, Kuranoo Narumi, Goto Moe, Sakaguchi Nagisa, Taniguchi Megu, Chiba Erii, Nishikawa Rei, Hiwatashi Yui, Fukuoka Seina, Mukaichi Mion, Yamauchi Mizuki, Yamabe Ayu

SKE48 Senbatsu "Ai no Moake"/"The mourning of love" (Type A) no idea what moake is but gtrans says it's mourning, even though i didn't find it in my go-to dictionaries
    Ego YUua, Oba Mina, Obata Yuna, Kamata Natsuki, Kitagawa Ryoha, Kitano Ruka, Kumazaki Haruka, Suenaga Oka, Sugawara Maya, Suda Akari, Souda Sarina, Takayanagi Akane, Takeuchi Saki, Hidaka Yuzuki, Furuhata Nao, Matsui Jurina.

NMB48 Senbatsu "Heta wo Utsu" or "Shimote wo Utsu" (Type B) they just don't make sense
    Iwata Momoka, Uemura Azusa, Okita Ayaka, Kato Yuuka, Kojima Karin, Shibuya Nagisa, Jo Eriko, Jonishi Rei, Shiroma Miru, Tanigawa Airi, Mita Mao, Murase Sae, Yasuda Momoka, Yamamoto Ayaka, Yamamoto Sayaka, Yoshida Akari.

HKT48 Senbatsu "Buttaoreru Made"/"Until the collapse" (Type C)
    Iwahana Shino, Kojina Yui, Komada Hiroka, Sashihara Rino, Tashima Meru, Tanaka Miku, Tomiyoshi Asuka, Tomonaga Mio, Toyonaga Aki, Matsuoka Natsumi, Matsuoka Hana, Miyawaki Sakura, Murakawa Bibian, Motomura Aoi, Moriyasu Madoka, Yabuki Nako.

NGT48 Senbatsu "Tomodachi de Imashou?"/"Let's be friends?" (Type D)
    Team NIII

SakamichiAKB "Kokkyou no nai Jidai"/"Borderless Era" (Type E)
    AKB48: Okada Nana, Okabe Rin, Oguri Yui, Mukaichi Mion.
    SKE48: Matsui Jurina.
    HKT48: Miyawaki Sakura.
    Nogizaka46: Ozono Momoka, Kubo Shiori, Saito Asuka, Hori Miona, Yamashita Mizuki, Yoda Yuki.
    Keyakizaka46: Imaizumi Yui, Kobayashi Yui, Sugai Yuuka, Nagahama Neru, Watanabe Risa.
    Hiragana Keyakizaka46: Kato Shiho.

5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    They got black people gospel praising team in the background Lmaoooooooooooooo

Plus some more random foreigners wearing the gowns lmaooo

I like the MV but unfortunately I think it could've been done better. It had so much potential though. But they decided to put everything mashed up together into a one big disorganized collage of scenes that have no connection with one another whatsoever.

And yeah the overuse of slowmo shots as well. But the slowmo shot on Yumirin was pretty nice. I mean the song is slow tempo already and add its even more slow now lol but interestingly even though the mv was full 5 min it felt like 2 min. Relativity theory I guess.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

6. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    is it just me but doesn't it feel like this is the MV for another song and not the song on the single? It's exceedingly well shot and the production value is high, but between the slow-mo and the outfits, I don't think it fits the song well.

7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Did actually beat ya to most of those translations lol (NGT48 doesn't have a ? btw.)

8. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Interview and behind the scenes from Jijipress

if the video does not show watch the video here

9. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    weird, i can't spot yuuri

10. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    She is taking a hiatus.

11. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

same.
    don't see anything of "funky night" in that bright daylight MV.

but the song and MV are okayish separately (could have been better in 1.25 speed)

12. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

She is taking a hiatus and couldn't make it to the MV shooting.
    Hopefully she will return by the time promotion starts

13. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    She wasn’t involved in the singles making because she is on indefinite hiatus. I don’t know if they even consider her part of senbatsu now? TBH I thought they would replace her with Akarin. They had enough time.
    I do hope she gets better soon and gets another shot at AKB senbatsu!

——

Love the single, MV and outfits. Can’t wait for senbatsu to be all new gen. Really it’s time to see a brand new face of 48G.

14. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    ah so she can't make it to the MV shooting...

hope she come back soon

15. nakotteiijan

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Some trends from 2ch:
    - Regarding Mita Mao in NMB48's Senbatsu: she doesn't sell a single slot, so people are wondering why she's in. Her fans are happy. People say that it's not like the B-side senbatsu matters, asking if people even remember what was the senbatsu last year, someone speculated it might be a dance number after all.
    - The song's MV seems like a tribute to Koichun. The extras are getting too much screen time. Yuiri and Naru got a decent amount of screentime, while Mikurin and Macharin were almost invisible. The song and MV don't really fit Naachan.

Translating the best comments from 2ch. (tln: I'm not fluent in Japanese, yada yada yada)
    NMB48 Thread;
    Laughed out loud when I imagined the moment Mita (Mao) heard the Senbatsu announcement w
    "(Shaking) Ri, ri, Ricchan! My n-n-n-name was called out in the Se-se-senbatsu, bbofuosjajakjcnalms"
    三田が選抜発表知った瞬間を想像したら笑えてくるw
    「()り、り、りっちゃーん!せ、せ、せ、選抜に私のななな名前がああああ、うぅぅううう、ぶふぉるぉぐほgほfだじゅktd」

Announcement thread;
    Pretty sure there were members you could see less than the trumpet extras
    トランペッターのエキストラより映ってないメンバー何人もいるな

Compared to Kutsuhimo no Musubikata, Takino is out and Oguri is in the media senbatsu
    Conservative...
    16人選抜は靴紐の結び方選抜から瀧野out小栗inか
    保守的だな

Why are they always releasing the MV at such a time? (tln: it's 4am in japan)
    MVっていつもこんな時間に公開だっけ?

Is Shinobu broken?
    Because it looks like this.
    しのぶ切れてんのか
    そりゃそうだろ

Green Flash -> Kimi wa Melody -> Shoot Sign -> Jabaja
    Spring songs are getting worse each year
    Green Flash
    君はメロディー
    シュートサイン
    ジャーバージャ

春曲が年々ひどくなってる

SKE48 Thread;
    A: What is "moake"...
    B: It's like you start mourning (喪中 compared to 喪明け) because your Oshi graduated.
    A: 喪明けって…
    B: 推しメンが卒業したら喪中みたいなもんやろ…

16. nakotteiijan

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Now that makes sense, I was really confused as for why the "?" was in the Japanese title, seems like I just put it in there while I was translating.

17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Okinawa has cherry blossom in January but would they have gone all the way there just to film a couple of short scenes?

18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    From the description in the YouTube video:

※In the『Ja-Ba-Ja Music Video』recorded in the DVD of the first-run limited edition and regular edition of「Ja-Ba-Ja」, you may catch the behind-the-scenes shots from the music video shoot!

Lyrics : Yasushi Akimoto / Music: Naoki Endo / Arranger : APAZZI

Title song of AKB48 51st Maxi Single「Ja-Ba-Ja」

The center position is held by Nana Okada, who is the top good girl of AKB48 and also the captain of STU48 which had its major debut on 1/31!

This is a medium dance number, soul train AKB-style! This music video is hyper-vivid and funky with YKBX taking direction and the most flashiest costumes in all of AKB48 history.

Please don’t miss the “Ja-Ba-Ja Dance” where waves are created with the arms where it sings「♪Ja-Ba-Ja Ja-Ba-Ja」!

I'm glad that with that and the romanization in the thumbnail the discussion about how to write it properly in romaji has been solved :D Also, I like the intensity of the colours in the video, and I'm quite happy with the screen time, but I still agree that the song (and also the dance at the end of the MV) feels a bit slow

19. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I'm utterly...floored at how much color & stuff they tried to shove in this video. I feel like I got raped by a bowl of "Lucky Charms". The Slow-Mo...Why so much?? Why?. Who is "Kami 7" again?? (I know who is) the Video has SOOO much Jurina & almost no Suda Akari- lol. The show Sakura & KomiHaru atleast.

Remember when we all commented on the "Female Extras" only flyers....but a Gospel group is shoved in for like 2-3 seconds- lol. It looks like they shot 1 video & someone retro-fitted it to fit another song. So weird.

So whoever had "KFC 5.0" wins the prize this single!!
    My Final intensive Analysis of AKB48's future & thoughts on the next single are below & it's a Barn Burner....(send the kids to bed)

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Someone on Twitter posted "The 51st Single NEVER Happened!!" - it's like "The Last Jedi" level WTF is wrong w/ you AWFUL!!! Only crappy sales are gonna slap some sense into AKI-P at this point and then again maybe NOT....Maybe AKB as we knew it over. I have NO Idea what "THIS" is....Take the girls from "River" and slap them into this song in 2011...What is it? Good Luck kids - this is YOUR AKB48 now.
    And that's all I have to say about this issue.

20. Yuuri28

Yuuri28 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otayuuri
    Poor Yuuri