1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Is correlating NGT with 46 is a thing now lol

Anyways if we are talking about sponsors, all the other regions should learn from Setouchi DMO. They lterally sponsor STU everything...yet the boat.

On the other hand, having tons of sponsors in a show doesn't mean the show is gunna be good, it just means they have more budget to do fun stuff like buy and make cool items/backgrounds/gadgets or go roke outings to potentially in attempt to make the show entertaining than being a mere talk show (which people often criticize here) less fun. But to be honest, AKbingo isn't marketing towards internatonal fans, and the local fans never even complained one bit about the boringness of recent episodes of AKBingo since WRH took over. imo Japanese people like to talk more? The art of using the laguage to create interesting conversation is like basic to next level social skill and it trains up the girls MC skills in theaters. (Hitting the point)

I mean the talk show segment gave us the Maccharin we have today

2. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    That's all true as well but — my point was, having more sponsors also doesn't necessarily mean it has more money.

3. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    I definitely watched this show. :D
    Miki dual wielding those straws in the vampire mansion episode was just too awesome.

I skipped the first few episodes and started directly with the athletic ability test which was a better introduction to the girls for me than the actual introductions. After around 30-40 episodes I am finally able to recognize each member and now the first few episodes are actually very funny to rewatch.

Also the Keyavids site is just awesome to get everything related to them in English.

Yepp, that's quite sad, although in general you can find a lot of subtitles. Sometimes it's harder to find the .raw files especially as all email providers I tested seem to block that idol torrent site. Luckily the better shows usually have more subtitles available.

Since my childhood I liked Japanese media, but only knew Japan from video games, manga and anime. 2014 was the first time I actually visited the country (stayed two months in Tokyo for a business trip) and I just loved it. Luckily through my work as an engineer in the semiconductor field I have the opportunity to travel to Japan, South Korea and Taiwan a lot, as Toshiba, Samsung, TSMC and Toppan are among our customers.

Suzuka is also one of my favorite singers (though I don't really consider her an idol, at least not anymore) and I really like Babymetal. Which is kinda funny as I don't like metal that much and the same with J-Pop. But the combination is somehow really good and a little bit closer to (Alternative) Rock, which is my favorite music genre.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Windigoking

Windigoking Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakanishichiyori

I also grew up watching anime and was fascinated with Japanese culture. I just went last year to Tokyo and I loved it. Just before my trip I started listening to some Japanese bands. I stumbled across akb48, their music is ok, but I totally fell in love with akbingo. I also became a fan of babymetal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

No-one mentioned Ariyoshi AKB Kyowakoku?

Those Sumo wrestling episodes were serious as hell! No mercy was ever shown!
    =========

SKE48 Zero Position also has a good few variety episodes.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  6. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rwill

Rwill Member

Oshimen:
    Takayama Kazumi Watanabe Rika
    Thanks for the subs. Of the 18 unsubbed episodes 10 of them were fashion show ones. I rather like the fashion show episodes, I know some don't care for them which is probably why they remained unsubbed.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  8. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    For me it is quite interesting :^^;: I wonder for those not subbed, is there any indo/viet/thai subs for it?

9. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think the fashion shows are a big time favourite, however they are pretty easy to understand because they're very visual. The VTR at the beginning introduces the theme, then when they show off the main points of their outfit while the guy is talking about it, they're pointing it and doing camera angles, and then the judge (I havent watched in so long that I forgot his name) gives his verdict with four coloured signs. I agree they're not as funny if you don't understand everything that's being said, but if I were a translator, I probably wouldn't really bother with those because I think almost everyone can understand a lot of the episode without subs already

10. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    I actually found out about this show just this morning and checked out one or two episodes, but they were just talking. Which episodes are the sumo wrestling ones?

Thanks a bunch. The fashion shows only get interesting when you actually understand how Uematsu roasts the members. :D

11. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    This is abit irrelevant here but GES on youtube is gone? i suddenly felt something missing n finally found hes gone D: anyone has got his new channel can PM me or post here thanks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Rwill

Rwill Member

Oshimen:
    Takayama Kazumi Watanabe Rika
    I was basing my thoughts off of when I first started watching AKbingo and was looking for subs, a couple of subbers said they didn't like them and that's why they skipped them.

13. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    this is amazing... is the first time than i read: "have more sponsors is not good".... OMG!!! Well i hope than when AKBingo have just one sponsor the people say "well they are really great now"!!!!!!!!!! specially if is FX!!! and WRH are not boring!! WRH are so funny!!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  14. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

130107 Ep 127 (AKB vs NMB48 members).
    130211 Ep 132 (Random teams- including Miki Nishino vs Sayaka).
    131125 Ep 172 (its Nogi members vs AKB48 members).

Theres quite a few more but they are pretty hard to find and your right, the show mostly is just talking, though the talks are pretty funny too.

Also, not related to Akbingo, but since you are a Nishino Miki fan, be sure to check these....
    https://abema.tv/video/episode/90-142_s0_p552
    https://abema.tv/video/episode/90-518_s0_p19

These are shows she starred in, after she graduated. (Abematv is free, but you need a japanese VPN to see them)

15. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    I can't believe I'm replying to you again... SMH

If 10 sponsors gave $5 each that's $50. If 1 sponsor gave $200 then that's $200. That's why lalo martins said it could either be good or bad, because it depends. Come on, work those brain cells a little bit.
    Also how do you even know that AKBingo has more sponsors today than back then? You got any links for that?
    I doubt you can even name one of those sponsors let alone how many there were back then and how many they are now.

That's subjective, what you find funny may or may not be funny to other people.

16. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Thanks for the links, good to see she didn't change at all. :D
    Too bad without subs I don't have a clue what they're actually doing besides the fact she freaked out about touching some broccoli.

17. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

18. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Come on now, I know you can read better than that ;) I never said having more sponsors is bad. What I'm saying is that it's not necessarily good — in fact it has pretty much no relation to the show budget. We can't assume all sponsors pay the same, especially at different points in history. You can have 10 sponsors and the total money from all of them is X, or you can have only 2 sponsors and each one of them is putting in more than X already. (Or you can have Sony.) It's the total money that matters, not the number of logos.

But it's just an observation. Absolutely, having more sponsors is probably a good thing. Just not necessarily.

19. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I was just gonna link you but then I saw that the account was terminated again. The last account name was Good_Enough_ChanneL_two, so I'm sure you can figure out what the new account is called ^^

Oh alright then, I was merely assuming based on how I felt about the episodes myself

20. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    I liked Bad Boys because they were comfy and their love for the group seemed very genuine, they had become uncles or big brothers but for that reason I can see why Producer (Mori I believe is his name) replaced them since the basis of AKBingo was to challenge the girls and prepare them for things in the broader market. I feel like WRH don't quite have the relationship or trust with the members that long time fans are used to Bad Boys having but I do think they'll get there and I like what they're doing thus far, particularly Muramoto who's lots of fun to watch. What seems most lacking is the Paradise side of things, since Kiyoto was always putting himself out there with the goofy gags and the neat segments like Phrase Museum. We've yet to see him really bring himself out I think but I'm sure with time it'll all work out. I can tell they don't want to copy any of the old ideas but I'd like to see them maybe tweak them like they did with the Fashion Show which was really fun.

Also it'd be real neat if maybe AKS brought Bad Boys back to host maybe some other show with AKB, I'm sure a lot of the fans would enjoy that~
    Maybe something akin to what Nogizaka have with Nogizaka Under Construction :^O^:

I was streaming that episode just the other day! Of all the recently departed members Miki really hurts because she was such a great variety character. So fun. I remember being really sad watching her graduation concert ;________;

Maybe I should give the Keya shows another try, there must be something to them if everyone likes them so much. Hopefully there'll be a lot of Imaizumi :^^;:

I'm the same way as you guys, I stumbled across a youtube channel with akbingo subs and was hooked. The musical side I'm having a growing appreciation for but the variety shows are where I'm really hooked.

Ariyoshi is really good for sure! I feel like he's a lot like Muramoto actually with that kind of sharp wit but he's a bit more smooth about it. My favorite episode is the one with Miichan and Nako (with Sakura and Sashi and Mio) where Nako tells the stories about the theater being haunted :shocku:. Kojiharu was also very pleasant to watch too, of course.

Awesome!! Another step closer to filling in the gaps~
    Thanks a lot :XD: