Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai says hi.

2. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Pretty sure gingham check was more expensive, different sets, a bunch of random actors, bunch of extras, Joseph Khan, and that impressive looking cgi Godzilla ripoff.

3. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    The Keyaki songs Aki-P produces are pretty solid. Maybe Aki-P himself is currently in a edgelord phase making him able to produce superb edgelord songs while he lost his touch for cute songs which is AKB's specialty.

The stuff Sasshi produces for =Love is cute af and amazing, I wouldn't mind her taking over for a few AKB songs until Aki-P is out of his edgelord phase ;D

4. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yep...just want to remind we have more than one high-budget mv.

5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Lmao at that lmao

====================

Anyways after rewatching the MVs I finally understood what most them are about.

AKB wakate is what the title suggests

STU is about dragon balls

HKT is about rage quitting

NGT is about making friends

NMB is about the protagonist trying to revitalize a meat shop by her deceased mother. In a allegorical sense, they are projecting Jo as the clone Sayanee and the meat shop is NMB itself.

SakamichiAKB is singing about globalization in the idol industry.

Oh SKE...Umm OH EH OH ( 厂˙ω˙ )厂乁( ˙ω˙ 乁)乁( ˙ω˙ 乁)乁( ˙ω˙ 乁)乁( ˙ω˙ 乁)( 厂˙ω˙ )厂 They seem the group who got the short straw of the lowest budget which people here are obsessed to criticize about.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

6. rikasa

rikasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I love the A-side at the slower pace (I've tried listening to the MV at 1.25, and it just doesn't do it for me the same way). It's not something I'd show to my friends as a first glimpse of AKB, but it's v solid imo. Though I also like Shoot Sign and hate Kimi wa Melody. I like most but not all the B-sides. Still not sure how I feel about the chorus in the HKT song being so darn low. Otherwise I'd like it lots.

Overall my thoughts are: Jabaja >>>> Sakamichi > Position >STU48 > NGT48 >>> HKT48 >>>> NMB48 > SKE48

• Like Like x 1
  7. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    The bsides are good tho (minus SKE...that's just a tragic mess overall lol). It's just low-quality from the top group in Japan (who rakes in a ton of money). They use to have unique MV's as B-sides. I mean even "HA!" might be simple overall, but the end project looked very appealing and very NMB (I mean even HKT's MV H-butterfly is simple, but endearing as u watch it). This NMB looks like some Drama-tie-in that Jo is staring in (that's not a compliment btw lol). I usually refer to Sekai ga from SKE as a fantastic Bside and that was 3 years ago. The MV was amazing (and it's only a bside...it's definitely a-side worthy). Last year's MV's from Shoot Sign was decent, but nothing special...tbh I barely remember the bsides MVs last year cause they were plain (SKE's was cute tho, albeit never finished it, but I got the gist lol).

I like to have hope for nice MV's to look back onto one day. They don't have to always tell a story or something, but a higher production value wouldn't hurt I suppose (hurts their wallets I guess lol). I watched the MV's from Keya's newest single and tbh they all look low budget. I don't believe they don't have money so how do they go from Futari-S MV to Glass-MV; which is just them dancing in a warehouse essentially. Futari-S isn't even that special of an MV, but it was well made. I really appreciate HKT's Kiss-song's MV from 2017. That was super well done and u can tell. U remember the nice MV's and they make u remember certain moments from the group(s). AKB can and has done better. Turned out to be a mini rant, sorry everyone~

I'm sure AKB+sister groups have many sponsors so if they're smart they would have insurance stuff for incidents or cancellations of events. And if not, then I'm sure Okinawa was a blessing and a curse for management.

I remember watching HKT's documentary and he's kind of just everywhere...even if he doesn't have ultimate say in every action for every group he's involved one way or another and he really shouldn't put such huge amount of pressure on himself. There's so many groups now. It's not like it's just AKB+SKE+NMB. Remember we use to have sub-units like French Kiss and Not Yet? He just can't anymore. But maybe with new writers and producers the 48/46-megalopolis can be legit.

8. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    The B-sides are quite good. Overall, the weakest songs in this single are SKE + Ja...a...Ba...a...Ja...a (though the song at x1.5 speed is ok). It is hard to compare the top songs, but I have an obvious bias on NGT side lol.

In NGT MV, surprisingly, Maho is the 8th in line, after 2 senpais + Kami-5 (Okappa, Ogiyuka, NakaiRika, Hinatan, Katomina). I thought it would be either Gatanee (given her HS) or Tsugumin (given her recent push). I guess staffs know Mahohon is a better fit on this type of song. Also, NGT push on AKB side is different from on NGT singles. I am not sure if it is NGT managers' strategy or the decisions are affected by their partners (AKS, Sony).

Not sure if it is coincidence but when Fuuchan is graduating, Jo's push comes back. Jo got 1 solo song in the NMB single, and now the center position in AKB B-side.

The subunits were created by agencies. After the agency ban, we only have few inactive units from AKS, such as Tentoumu Chu and Dendenmu Chu.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

What I actually want to point out is, whether the lyrics/demo version of the song were already delivered to MV director at the time of MV making or not.
    Girls saying the actual lyrics, or just straight up miming, is only a tiny fraction of the implication. Still affect the creative aspect of afterproduct tho.
    The earlier release of AKB single, Hebirote in particular, has no problem with demo deliverance as the tracklist is only 3-5 song and only 1-3 is getting PV. Same with SKE/NMB/HKT debut single. The demo version for all of it come weeks in advance, so preparation such as finding the fitting location shot, deciding the PV concept, improvising the choreo, etc. could goes smooth up to the D-Day.

But recently, there are increasing report of late delivery of demos (mostly in B-sides) to the point it comes on the moment or after the PV making is done, forcing the editing team to.... stitch it so the PV fit the song as best as they could. Luckily, it only resulted in a slight disconnect between the lyrics and PV, miming as I've said before, and rarely to the point they have to redo the shot(Except that certain team BII song in Warota People as example) and making the fuss.

I didn't put NGT or STU as there are no such case yet on them(The recent redo on NGT 3rd single A-side could be their first tho, or not since it comes with different excuse), and deliberately not putting example of group outside the 48G spectrum to pinpoint the focus of topic.
    Edit: All these B-sides are obviously subject of this occasion. But ehh, still on enjoyable level for the untrained eyes.

10. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    This needs to be a legit emot here lmao. That messy song has just become a legit guilty pleasure to my ears.
    Idk, but I'd rather see these SGs with crappy-OK coupling for AKB single and makes it up with an amazing song for their own single. SKE did that with Sekai ga Naiteru Nara, only for them to release a forgettable croquette song weeks after. NGT also released the iconic max toki only for their debut single to sound like a nursery rhyme (I mean I still love that song, but compared to Max Toki...). Let's hope that it's not the case with STU.

11. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    SakamichiAKB is catching up to JBJ in views. Not surprising but also pretty interesting.
    Like yeah, Keyaki and Nogi are clearly the more publicly relevant groups nowadays and YouTube views are a huge indicator of public interest, but like...I feel like casual listeners wouldn't just know SakamichiAKB means that its a song with the 46 groups. That's why I'm a bit surprised the video is gaining so many views so quickly

12. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    But don't forget he only writes lyrics, not the melody. And the melody is usually the part that people notice first and that draws people in, so lyrics are less relevant (and people don't care so much if they're not that high quality, besides, nobody is expecting some high level poetry for AKB songs lol). In case of foreign fans, a lot of whom can't speak Japanese (fluently at least), lyrics are even less relevant. So he can get away with writing lower quality lyrics without upsetting most fans imho.

I approve of this idea. I guess putting too much work on Sasshi wouldn't be good either but at least she could produce some HKT songs.

Isn't that the usual case with SKE recently though? Aki-P seems to care about other groups more than SKE recently.

13. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

atleast they make mv for b-sides

now where is that music video for mikurin's center song that rank high in request hour

I like NGT the most, not because I'm biased because Okappa is center again for an akb coupling, but it's a good song, and they are atleast making some facial expression versus the blank face singing
    sakamichi - same feeling as the previous one, same colors as well, so it's good
    Position - hey the only chance we'll get to see an all akb line up, great song, simple blinding white mv kinda annoys my eyes.
    stu - oh finally an upbeat song, finding those clear balls to wish for a boat
    hkt - not bad

NMB - I am disappointed, at the center choice, at the song, and at the dance
    SKE - no idea what's going on here
    51st - I don't like it, it's like a ballad dance song, they sing slower than their dance and it just doesn't look good. Liked it a lot more when I first heard berin singing it.

14. trxsh

trxsh Member

Coquettish was an awesome release in my books. Even if the song isn't to everyone's taste (I loved it tho) it had a really fun and dynamic choreography, cute costumes (pv and performance), the pv had a cool Nagoya- pride thing going. Even decent team song b-sides!
    Meanwhile Muishiki no iro doesnt really stand out to me (its ok but sounds like one of those album filler songs) and the pv is filmed in someone's living room and backyard by the looks of it. SKE hitting hard times. Jk, I have no idea why its like this.

But I also liked Seishun Dokei (song, pv, & b-sides were all nice to me) so it comes down to subjective taste as well.

15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Clearly, when you have two more groups (that’s different) in something, it would attract more people. Don’t forget that it’s AKB, SKE, HKT, Nogi, and Keyaki people watching. All members in the song are either rising or already prominent members. In addition to fans that have oshis in the song, other people might click on it just because they’re interested. I would say that two or three lesser known members in Jabaja pretty much make up one prominent member in SakamichiAKB (fan wise, thus views).

16. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I'm so in for Romantic Byou mv. Mikurin next HKT center pls.

17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    AKB48 is actually 6 groups (+Team8)
    SakamichiAKB - 5 (+Team8)
    and?

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

.... still, the Sakamichi fans have probably no reason to watch Jabaja, but they are interested in the SakAKB one.
    That's two (or three) fandoms overlapping, and it's obvious they'll get more views, even if it's a short version.

19. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

AKB48's 51st Single (Jabaja) (1st re-Resale Round HS Sales Results)
    Yamamoto Sayaka (NMB48 Team N) (24/24②)
    Miyawaki Sakura (HKT48 Team KIV) (24/24②)
    Murayama Yuiri (AKB48 Team 4) (36/36❷)
    Suda Akari (SKE48 Team E) (25/25❷)
    Matsui Jurina (SKE48 Team S) (22/22❷)
    Oguri Yui (AKB48 Team 8) (38/38❸)
    Kashiwagi Yuki (AKB48 Team B) (28/28❸)
    Shiroma Miru (NMB48 Team M) (28/28❸)

Oguri Yui (Team 8) (38/38❸)
    Murayama Yuiri (Team 4) (36/36❷)
    Okada Nana (Team 4) (35/36) (3rd Round Sold Out; except added slots)
    Kashiwagi Yuki (Team B) (28/28❸)
    Okabe Rin (Team 8) (16/39)
    Kuranoo Narumi (Team 8) (16/37)
    Mukaichi Mion (Team A) (*7/36)
    Yokoyama Yui (Team A) (*6/35)
    Ota Nao (Team 8) (*6/29)
    Yamauchi Mizuki (Team 4) (*6/28)
    Yamane Suzuha (KKS) (*6/26)
    Sakaguchi Nagisa (Team 8) (*3/38)
    Takahashi Juri (Team B) (*2/34)
    Sasaki Yukari (Team B) (*2/24)
    Kojima Mako (Team K) (*2/34)(+1)
    Oda Erina (Team 8) (*1/33)
    Kubo Satone (Team B) (*1/32)
    Yamada Nanami (Team 8) (*1/32)
    Komiyama Haruka (Team K) (*1/31)
    Asai Nanami (Team 4) (*1/25)
    Hiwatashi Yui (Team B) (*1/31)
    Inagaki Kaori (Team 4) (*1/16)
    Nishikawa Rei (Team A) (*1/11)
    Tano Yuka (Team K) (*1/*7)
    Chiba Erii (Team A) (*1/*7)

Suda Akari (Team E) (25/25❷)
    Matsui Jurina (Team S) (22/22❷)
    Souda Sarina (Team KII) (*4/32)
    Obata Yuna (Team KII) (*2/28)
    Furuhata Nao (Team KII) (*2/27)
    Kumazaki Haruka (Team E) (*1/20)

Yamamoto Sayaka (Team N) (24/24②)
    Shiroma Miru (Team M) (28/28❸)
    Ota Yuuri (Team BII) (*3/30)
    Shibuya Nagisa (Team M) (*2/28)
    Uemura Azusa (Team BII) (*1/15)

Miyawaki Sakura (Team KIV) (24/24②)
    Sashihara Rino (Team H) (23/24)(+1)
    Tanaka Miku (Team H) (*8/32)
    Yabuki Nako (Team H) (*3/31)
    Moriyasu Madoka (Team KIV) (*3/27)

Nishigata Marina (13/33)(+1)
    Ogino Yuka (10/33)
    Honma Hinata (*9/33)
    Yamaguchi Maho (*1/35)
    Oguma Tsugumi (*1/20)

Takino Yumiko (11/29)
    Isogai Kanon (*1/14)(+1)

SLOTS SOLD SO FAR
    AKB48: 219/1,835 (+1)
    SKE48: 56/675 (+0)
    NMB48: 58/538 (+0)
    HKT48: 61/692 (+1)
    NGT48: 34/411 (+1)
    STU48: 12/301 (+1)
    Total: 440/4,452 (+4 since 3rd Resale Round)
    1,144/3,791 (-696) last Single (increase/decrease over 50th Single 1st re-Resale Round)

20. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    well it's mean SG are not a reall group? sub-units or teams:fp: now even Nogi under and Hiragana have their HS and album release!

I mean it's SAD! that even fans don't see SG (do not perceive them) as a independent, separated Idol Group, not just AKB teams or sub-unit