1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Tomonaga Mio (Mio) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    Mio was diagnosed by "Meniscus Injury " and need more treatment through her injury, so she will not perform at "HKT 48 Spring Arena Tour 2018 ~" in Kobe February 25 .
    https://ameblo.jp/hkt48/entry-12353657113.html

Basically its happen when final rehearsal for Shonichi Seifuku no Me , she get injured at her left knee, hope to see back in best condition very soon ><

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    If it is the meniscus, she should be out for a long while. A torn meniscus is known as a career ending injury in sports.

And even a bruised one takes forever to heal properly (been down that road personally).

3. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    Lets just hoping the best for her, at G+ she said looking forward to this tour and feels so frustating because can't participated ..

4. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Always have, always will.;)

5. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

Wow.. how on earth did this kind of injury even happen to her? The dances for these songs aren't remotely strenuous enough or jerky enough to justify her having done this to herself. She has got to have been fooling around and playing some kind of wild physical game during the rehearsals, I think. Like maybe lifting the other members up and twirling around or something like that.

This is likely going to knock her out for 3 months-- so maybe no sousenkyo for Mio this year. But she'll be back for the fall senbatsu and she is a permanent senbatsu member anyway regardless of whether she skips the sousenkyo. Really-- short of a scandal that would absolutely force her graduation (i.e. a sex tape being released or the like) there isn't anything that will keep her out of the senbatsu for a day longer than necessary.

6. Tchu

Tchu Kenkyuusei

I didn't know her injury could be this serious. She should take all the time she needs to get better. The most important thing is that she makes a full recovery but I do hope she's able to come back sometime soon.

7. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    As far as i know, from the first time she had rehearsal for this setlist , she feels some pain in her legs, and it reflect how she doin all out for this setlist Shonichi ... So Suffering an Injury few hours before actual stage is make her frustated ...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2018
  8. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    Take care Mio.

9. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    DWcvFpgVoAAoj7l.jpeg DWcvFpgU8AAR7Jq.jpeg

I'll win every conpetition if Mio does the cheerleading :^O^:

10. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    Plus the Odeko , this shoot looks more cute than the usual shot she had before :D

11. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

12. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

Oh!! Well, that is amazingly good considering the nature of the injury. It means she isn't going to go into hiding for months like Haruka-- so even though she won't be doing the stages (to be honest, right now there is only 1-2 a month), she probably will still be in the sousenkyo this year after all. But-- seriously-- torn ligaments in the knee would often mean that she couldn't even walk without crutches.

Hmm...
    I don't know if it is a result of her gaining weight or losing weight, but she definitely doesn't look as curvy in those pictures as she used to. She used to have a very prominent ) ( shape to her torso and now it looks ! !.

13. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    I'd prefer if she'd plump up again

EDIT: And I hope she plumps up nice and fine with this injury

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Meniscus is cartilage, not ligament. Being that it bears your full weight as you take a step, a torn meniscus is often a more severe injury, than say a torn ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) or MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament).;)

15. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

Right-- so one would think. But she showed up to Yuutan's graduation yesterday and she isn't using crutches to walk or anything. Moreover, she has appeared in a few videos on her Twitter and Instagram and, again, there is no serious sign of injury. No cast, no brace-- and she is still in the senbatsu that was announced yesterday.

It is all a bit odd, isn't it?
    I mean this whole "Mio can't do stages because she has a career-ending injury!" and then as far as everything else is concerned, they are just going about business like usual. And its not like she showed up to the theaters very often before this anyway (granted, she was there more often than some members who had AKB48 kenins) so its not like anything seems to have changed.

I wonder if perhaps there was a mistake in the report about exactly the nature of her injury.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  16. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    Definitely Will missed Mio at Theater performances with Team KIV , but when She doing fully treatment for her injury, it also means fully recovery more fast.. She still doing routine SR now, its good to know that she's okay

17. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I never said she tore her meniscus, or had a cast ect ect ect. Al I know is she injured a meniscus in her knee, as that is what the official announcement stated. Anything beyond that is speculation.

I have seen some reports that it was a tear. But nothing from any official source, so I am doubtful of the validity of those reports since they don't include links to any official statement.

As for my post you quoted. I was correcting someone else on just what a meniscus is, and how injury to it differs from injury to one of the many ligaments in the knee.;)

18. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

Right, so it looks like the initial reports about the injury were speculation and exaggerated the problem.

It seems she will be missing out on no activity beyond the theaters (let's face it-- they clearly don't matter) and she won't really be taking any real "time off". So ultimately this means it won't negatively affect her results in this years election which tends to set the tone for the rest of the year to follow.

That being said-- how she is used (or rather not used) in the latest HKT48 video demonstrates that her profile has been degraded in the eyes of the company.

19. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    Well, yesterday MioMeru get 1st Gravure together This year in Young Animal

And Yes, other than Theater performances her daily activity like shot for Magz or photoset is doin fine...

20. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    poor Mio got molested . . . again :lol:

IMG_20180309_145946.jpg IMG_20180309_145944.jpg