1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    It’s really not :blink:

2. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Big mood

It does have a very high rate of chirurgical operations but that doesn't mean everyone does it, does massive chirurgical operations that radically change their faces or that every Korean looks the same. The US have a high rate of high school shootings, doesn't mean that every american high school student got shot at least once at their school.

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Congratulations, you have defined hyperbole!

Still, nothing wrong with getting surgery if they want it.
    It's one it gets out of hand ala Park Bom that it's a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    As a fan of Kpop of 8 years and recently turning into a Jpop fan, these debates gives me headaches... And the show hasn’t even started yet.

Well anyways, I’m here for the contestants and their interactions :cute:

5. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    WELP...WELP...I think you mean to say "I fail to see how the Japanese Concurrency/Kennin (whatever) system...effects KPOP's fans - I'm sorry." ALSO these replies might work in the future:
    "And you have Data to support this?"
    "I disagree, my research shows..... based "insert data" "
    "Well, KPOP fans/artist/system tends to do things Differently...here's why"
    A word on Diplomacy
    I know you (and sometimes Myself) are used to SOOMPI or Asian Junkie & various sites where 'Bluntness' & a give as you get mentality is not only the coin of the realm- It's Encouraged! A less obtuse approach general evades "triggering". Yes, I've broken my share of eggshells but as you are so passionate & insightful about KPOP it would be sad to lose you here - especially so close to the "Main Event".

Look at it like "Natural Selection"- when the main show begins & 'THEY' start to venture into KPOP forums or make comments on Twitter (Anywhere OUTSIDE Stage48's mods)- Other KPOP fans will engage them & They will either adapt or stay here. Many will learn how KPOP works & how fan debate w/ others and that will be Fun.

Seeing Global KPOP fans (and English speaking Koreans) compare/contrast & Bias & Slam our AKB48 girls will be rather exciting- It's gonna be a wake-up call for AKI-P and many AKS gals might excel or fall behind face w/ KPOP level standards.

Stage48 fans will learn - in their own way....And YOU can be that port in the storm. I already know you're way more Wise in KPOP than I am - And thus I've never spoken down to you. You're knowledge of the fandom speaks for itself. Don't squander your chances to become Invaluable on Stage48 & this goes for ALL the educated KPOP posters here.

On another brief note - one of mentioned (& gave examples) of Oh My Girl songs/styles/dances as being what you'd like to see AKB48 aspire to. I Totally agree. Someone mentioned a Korean version of "Oogio Diamond"(?) - You don't want to see Korean gals do too many AKB classics...because they might do it BETTER or improve it (Notice I said "MIGHT"). I'd love to see TEAM 4 types do some Oh My Girl or maybe "Ice Cream Cake" from Red Velvet. I have no doubt Korean trainees will do AKB48 songs justice..and if they can't KPOP fans WILL verbally light up forums in outrage.

I recently saw Mimi of OMG sing a song totally out of her "character" and she slayed it. She's the Rapper/Dancer & she just had a "Bonkai" into a Seductive Sassy Crooner. Some gals are just 1 thing - Singers, Pretty, Dancers...This gal just became Yuko Oshima Level & it was just for kicks- Like when Sayanee sings "Warukii" or Yuki Kashiwagi does "Dear J"- It's nice to see Idols explore alternate song styles.

I'm hoping this releases some "Hidden Talents" for AKS gals.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. welp

welp Next Girls

So, you don't understand K-pop and its fans.

Usually, fans of a specific K-pop group are lead by a bunch of fansites' admins. These admins exchange infos and collaborate to do support projects or protest projects. A member of a boy group was on hiatus to "reflect" for some months after fans, finding out him giving fan gifts to his girlfriend, announced gang protest. A member of another boy group was pulled out of the group's latest mini album and no one is certain if he can ever return to the group as fans demanded him removed off the group after they found out the sign looking alike MM he added to his autographs to fans referred to Mimi, the nickname he called his girlfriend who later became his wife. Definitely, fans' sanction can be effective in Korea.

I've never said all the Korean cares is visual. If that's the case, Yeonjeong and Yoojeong must not make it into I.O.I, Mamamoo must be a no name group (but, no, it sits comfortably at #4). But, yes, of course, undeniably, look is a big advantage for entertainers especially idols regardless where they are from. It even matters in sport industry, an obvious example was Megumi Kurihara who was called "Princess of Volleyball" mainly because of her beauty. Yes, she was a good player but her performance was not outstanding from her team mates.

Let's see what will happen when coach team grades contestants. Oh, maybe, some delusional minds will excuse the coach is biased.

To be fair, many good K-pop dancers/ singers are buried into their groups' cute concepts too. Oh My Girl's choreography may be not so simple yet, if you watched Yooa's performance in Hit the Stage, you would see she could do much better than that. Some not that easy K-pop dances are often covered in school festivals in SEA and timely in the States. Also, there are countless K-pop cover dance videos from all over the world on Youtube. Apparently, the skill required to dance K-pop routine makes it more challenging and funner to dance. Dance is the main appeal of K-pop in the first place.

The top girl group of Korea at the moment is Twice and you'll need to see an eye doctor if you can't tell them apart, neither they look drastically different in their photos from years ago. Ironically, Japan was ranked world's #4 in term of most cosmetic surgery procedures done within the country in 2016 with 106,xxx eyelid surgeries and 23,xxx rhinoplasties. Korea might have charted higher than Japan if it were not omitted out due to insufficient data but, definitely, J-pop fans aren't in the position to call idols from another country "plastic". (detailed global cosmetic surgery stats of 2016 can be viewed here https://www.isaps.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/GlobalStatistics2016-1.pdf)

You said Twice's dances required 0 skill and effort. What that made 48's girls did not cover them well be? possessing -1 skill and effort?

Already withing top 5 are Twice, Red Velvet, Black Pink, Mamamoo and Gfriends. Gfriends is well known as a very good dance group of K-pop. Mamamoo is more of a vocal group and all members sing well live. If you extend to top 10, better dance groups like Oh My Girl and Pristin will be included too.

I only know J-pop has never had sizable amount of fans in Korea. How many times yearly does all J-pop artists combined have concerts in Korea? How many J-pop CD copies are sold to Korea yearly? I also know bits about economy. I know that Japanese music market has been stalled for some years due to chronic economic regression and population structure, aged society + slowly decreasing in overall number.

Clearly, the group will mainly active in K-pop circle. Members will surely be trained in K-pop style and they must conform with K-pop norms and the Korean side will have more say over the group. And, of course, all MVs and most of activities will be taken care of by its Korean agency.

However different this group will be management wise, it will be catered to similar audiences to I.O.I so, it'll be many similarities between the 2 groups.

First year is the period to establish the group so, members should prioritize this group within the period to show sincerity/ loyalty, they may adjust their priority lists afterward and 48 girls likely will base their decision on the income difference. Those out of senbatsu possibility possibly will choose this group the first.

The group will perform in theatre which means they will need at least 6 songs. All members will need every single day available to practice till the debut. Rather than daydreaming your 48 bias can concurrent PD48's debut and AKB48's election, better pray she won't suffer any serious injury from her PD48 activities. Before the show ends, we may see few contestants withdraw as their bodies or their minds can't handle the pressure in the show and things will be not much easier after the show ends. They won't have to fight for debut spot anymore but for MelOn and GAON ranking, for member numbers in Daum's fan cafe etc.

It's not a downplay. Do you think how much theatre girls earn and how busy they are with 48 activities? They just fall in the situation that it'ls good for them to take something else more seriously and the environment allow them to do so. It's not a sin and such working condition looks healthier/ more humane. But, of course, their skill levels should not be brought up against K-pop girls who are demanded to give up everything to be idols. Amateur athletes won't play as good as pro athletes but it doesn't mean they are lazy or have no talent.

It's not about the change of "schedule/ organisation", it's about entering into a new world, new order, new setting. 48 girls will have coaches and Korean members scolding and cussing at them if they ever slack off. It must be overwork for us but it's not overwork for K-pop idols if they can sleep 5.5 to 6 hours and have time to eat 3 meals daily, it's not overwork even if they have to dance with bandage on their knees or ankles. Some idols could sleep for 3 hours daily for 2 months and they said they were thankful to all job offers, idol life was short so they must work hardest. 48 girls won't be seen as "hardworking" if they can't live up to such standard.

The labor law to be applied is the law of the country the person working in. In this case it is Korean labor law. According to Korean law, a minor must not work between 10 pm to 6 am but, there is a big loophole that is "parental consent".

If there is any contestant of high school age, she may have to skip school for a year or take GED. If she happens to end up in the final group, she'll have to take GED or go to international school depending on her family background.

The Mexican drama won't be much of help for "AKB48 idol group to be known oversea". At best, it'll just put out the name of actress Anna, her acting activity is not a strong link to her idol group.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

you literally just generalized that all koreans get plastic surgery to counter the generalization that all 48G members are untalented lol.

it's best to not let your emotions get the best of you because you just end up sounding real bitter in your post

• Like Like x 1
  8. Elena

Elena Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Like seriously?
    Apparently you haven't even watch some Kpop choreography.
    Maybe you should watch Snsd's catch me if you can and into the new world.
    Believe me, the dance was pretty hard.
    And secondly, you better get some glasses, because not all Kpop group members look the same.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

9. welp

welp Next Girls

To anyone thinking WJSN (aka Cosmic Girls)'s Dreams Come True choreography won't be hard for 48 girls, 2 members have visited hospital within 10 days of promotion.

Perhaps, he was clueless that high heels could double the difficulty of a dance routine, not to mention the pain.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Let's continue this in the Like thread

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  11. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Don't say you haven't been warned...

Welp has left the thread.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Usually the AKB48 management make important anouncements during their concerts.
    Maybe something can come out during the Saitama Super arena concerts first.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

I only suggested that Koreans who enter the entertainment world all get plastic surgery.

Which is NOT hyperbole at all. South Korea is THE plastic surgery capital of the world with about 1,000,000 operations being done every year.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sout...-2015-9#it-sees-about-10000-patients-a-year-2

South Korea only has a population of 51 million people. That means that on average, 2% of the population gets plastic surgery each year. Or, to put it another way, on average, every person in South Korea who lives to 51 years old has gotten plastic surgery.

if the average age of an idol is 17 years old, that means 17 years of life... or, an average of 1 out of every 3 has gotten plastic surgery. And one can be pretty certain that 33% who are obsessed enough about their appearance in order to have it surgically altered will pretty much universally encompass the much smaller percentage of them who are motivated to go into show business and make money by showing off that face in front of the camera.

Also, if it wasn't prohibitively expensive, who knows how many of those other 66% of the population would also get the surgery.

Of course, it isn't really as crazy high as 33% of all 17 year olds. After all, a number of these surgeries are done on foreigners who go to South Korea specifically for cosmetic surgery and there are those who go in for operations again and again and again. Yet, even if you were to cut that 33% in half. Even in third. Even in fourth.... that still easily covers absolutely everyone in the entertainment world.

It isn't racism. It isn't being unfair. It isn't being bitter. It is just flat out the statistical truth of the situation.

Also, it is absolutely true that when people go in for plastic surgery, there can be 10 models of eyes or for lips or for cheekbones or... what have you. The funny thing is, even with 10 options, 70+% of those who go in absolutely choose the same option. So it also absolutely is not hyperbole to say that they all try to alter themselves to look like a bunch of clones.

Now-- you can absolutely claim that there is nothing shameful about that. But if that is the case, don't react to it negatively or go into denial when people bring it up.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. trxsh

trxsh Member

Great that you casually mention that many people getting surgery in Korea arent even Korean after you conjure the image of 1 out of 3 17 year olds in Korea getting ps. Seriously?

It's a fact that Korea has a much higher concentration of people getting plastic surgery. You can think of it as if Manhattan or LA was its own country. It's also the plastic surgery tourism capital of the world, as mentioned. Funnily enough, a huge proportion of those getting procedures are from China and..... Japan. :^^;:

Also, you can find from other sources that most surgeries performed aren't even major facial surgeries but stuff like botox and peeling and hair follicle surgery, which dont exactly change facial structure.

Suggesting "every last citizen of Korea" are "clones" is obviously dumb and racist. Not even all idols get work done, and they clearly dont all look the same. It's just another case of people sensationalizing actual facts in the usual tacky way.

The plastic surgery argument in general is actually getting really tacky and old now. Not to mention that it's usually brought up with the intention of making negative generalizations about the whole country.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    To those who are missing out; andy tweeted sth on Miru and p48 and it was something alone the line that the contestants have been confirmed or something like that. Well at least to me andy is reliable hahaha so i guess earliest we will know the lineup is end of March and the filmist starts early april as well.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

No wonder he changed his Twitter to private ;)

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Ummm, I seem to remember this plastic surgery conversation being run into the ground once already in this thread. So there is no reason to re-visit it. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Dam...even I tried to dial him back.

KPOP is a 'Different Animal' - I imagine it's kinda like a person who watched a bunch of War movies having a debate w/ someone who was actually IN Combat in the Military. You gotta "see it" to understand the gravity of the seriousness.

If this show or the "Trials" are anything like what I've seen in other KPOP shows it's gonna be an eye opener.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    If the show airs in April, we should start seeing more stuff this month. If it airs in May, it should be next month.

Either way, we’ll see the contestants very soon. :mail: