1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nagano Megumi (Megumin) / Draft 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Hugglepuff

Hugglepuff Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Name: Nagano Megumi (永野恵)
    Birthdate: March 22, 2004
    Birthplace: Kanagawa, Japan
    Height: 154cm
    Blood type: O

Bound to Team K.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2019
  2. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Megumi's Self-Written Profile (Thanks to Crests for the template)
    [​IMG]
    • Team: K.
    • Name: Nagano Megumi.
    • Birthday: March 22nd, 2004
    • Birthplace: Kanagawa.
    • Height: 154cm
    • Shoe size: 22.5cm
    • Blood type: O.
    • Right or left handed: Right.
    • Nickname: Megumin.
    • Charm point: Eyebrows.
    • Member you're aiming for: Mukaichi Mion.
    • Favourite AKB48 song: LOVE TRIP.
    • Favourite hairstyle: Straight.
    • Favourite subject: Math.
    • Strong point: Can become friends with anyone.
    • Weak point: Has a my-pace personality.
    • Places you want to visit: The place where the Maasai people live.
    • Hobby: Cooking, taking out her dogs.
    • Special skill: Swimming, competitive Karuta.
    • Future goal: I'd like to be a senbatsu member one day!
    • Something you're happy to hear from fans: I don't know yet.
    • What you want to try doing on a show: Have a program with all of the 3rd Generation Draftees.
    • If you won 3 tickets to a handshake, whose hand would you shake: Mukaichi Mion, Ogino Yuka, Nakai Rika.
    • Favourite food: Chocolate, bread.
    • A dish you can make and are proud of: Cookies, bread.
    • Favourite number: 9.
    • Something you're into lately: Nothing in particular.
    • Encouraging words you'd tell a male friend if he was crying: I'll sit next to him quietly.
    • 50m race speed: 9.12 seconds.
    • A big fail that happened recently: (?)
    • Describe yourself in 1 character: 兎 (rabbit)
    • Catch phrase: Minna no Kokoro ni Megumin Punch!! (Waaaaa) Kanagawa-ken Shushin 13sai Nagano Megumi desu.

3. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    [​IMG]
    Name: Nagano Megumi (永野 恵)
    Nickname: Megumin (めぐみん)
    Birthdate: March 22, 2004
    Birthplace: Kanagawa, Japan.

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Megumi will be taking part in AKB48G Singing Contest

KKS: Sato Minami, Yamane Suzuha, Sato Shiori, Furukawa Nazuna, Honda Sora, Nagatomo Ayami, Okada Rina, Katsumata Saori, Kobayashi Ran, Suenaga Yuzuki, Nagano Megumi, Yahagi Moeka, Harima Nanami, Otake Hitomi, Omori Maho, Saito Haruna, Kurosu Haruka, Homma Mai, Ishiwata Sena, Kuramoto Miyuu, Tada Kyoka, Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/tbs-ch/oshirase/2018_1109_2100.html

5. MilkyLatte

MilkyLatte Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishigata Marina
    I stan this girl so hard - on Ichikawa Manami's seitansai, during the MC, she stated that her most memorable summer memory was that she hadn't bothered to do her summer homework at all, and made a huge joke of it. I also love how everyone on Team K reacts to her catchphrase.

She also has a good voice for someone so young, I think she'll do great in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    Congratulations! She was promoted to Team K today

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Congratulations Megumi for the promotion to Team K :flower:

Since I didn't really know any of the kenkyuusei who have been promoted, I thought about trying to get to know them a little better. I actually saw these girls when watching last year's anniversary stage, and they seem nice even though they didn't catch my attention at that time, but I do remember the faces of some of them including Megumi so I decide to start with knowing her first! I searched and she still doesn't have a Twitter (maybe she will open one now?) so I went to Youtube but it looks like all her videos are from Showrooms, she probably mostly did theater and Showrooms during her 3 years as kenkyuusei... I hope she (and every other girl) gets more activities from now on.

I did find a few videos that were not Showrooms so I'll share some of them here even though they're old, these are probably her very first videos from the end of 2017 during draft.

Short introduction video, she did a bit of kick-boxing. Cute!

if the video does not show watch the video here

Megumi singing and dancing to Koko ga Rhodes da, Koko de Tobe!
    Her voice was nice at first but she was out of breath later so it was difficult...
    She was only 13 years old here though so she probably got better now!

30 seconds talk. I think she said that her wish is to be in Team K, right?
    So she achieved her dream by being drafted by Team K and now promoted!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Megumi's one and only election appeal video, from 2018:

Megumi's online handshake video, this one is from 2020!

You can see the difference from 2018 to 2020, she's using more make-up now [hehe]
    Her age surprise me because she looks older than she is. She's only 16 years old right now!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Some handshake events with Megumi recorded by a fan back in 2018!

She looks cute with the santa outfit :flower:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I translated Megumi's comments on 755 after she got promoted to Team K -

"I was promoted *crying* Thank you *crying* I will talk on Showroom *crying* I'll start it now, come watch *crying*"

"I talked a lot in Showroom! Thank you for all the messages congratulating me❤︎ From now on I will do my best as a regular member! Please keep supporting me! The stream was cut off during the outro, but I'm happy that 10,000 people watched❤︎ At the time of the training camp, the stars at night were so beautiful and we all watched them together with everyone, I was struggling and practiced a lot, I'm thinking about these memories now. Good night☺︎"

I also found these very old photos of Megumi from the time of her auditions!

001.jpg 002.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

So I made some research about Megumi's birthday stages and it looks like she only had 1 birthday stage. Her birthday is early in the year (March) so in 2018 she was still not debuted officially and couldn't have a birthday stage, and in 2020 it wasn't possible due to the pandemic, so her only birthday stage in theater was in 2019 on 27th March. She was 15 years old (she's 16 years old right now). I found a page that has a text version of her speech (in japanese) at her birthday stage so I tried translating it even if it's from more than 1,5 year ago:

What kind of year did you have as a 14 years old?

「First of all, I turned 14 years old right after I entered AKB48, I've always watched seniors who have been active on TV for a long time and I didn't expect to be accepted into the group that I wanted to join, I couldn't believe it and I was very happy, so the beginning of being 14 years old was full of happiness。

So, after I joined I started doing various activities like handshake events, theater performances, and more, and at first there was only one or two people at handshake events, but now many people line-up to shake hands with me so it makes me very happy, and when I first saw the audience today, the light-sticks were in different colors and it surprised me and I find it amazing, this made me happy too。

Since I'm not very good at dancing, that's why I couldn't perform a lot in theater stages, so to perform on this stage, moreover it's my birthday stage, I'm glad that this could happen。」

What kind of year do you want to have as a 15 years old?

「I'm 15 years old now, but still my number of performances is small compared to everyone, so I want to show a good performance and work hard so that my fans can think "I'm glad that I supported you", also at handshake events, I often bring decorations and this kind of thing, but I want to deepen the interactions with my fans by doing live-streams more often, right now in Showroom there is "everyday idol" that I've been doing for 283 days...」 (applause from fans)

「Thank you。 It's been going for that long, I want to continue doing it, I want to talk more with my fans。」

Message to everyone at this wonderful birthday stage.

「Thank you for having a great birthday celebration today。

I'm happy。 At the beginning of Tenshi no Shippo performance, I saw something like a flag, everyone was holding it... ah, it was amazing。

And at my introduction, the way everyone said "Uwaa" together after I did the Megumin Punch, the fans who had banners, and at the beginning when everyone was holding a fan with "Megumin" written on it, I want to thank all the fans who prepared so many things, and for my light-stick colors, it's pink-yellow-green, I'm glad that you brought light-sticks with my colors, and when I saw the colors block by block at the beginning, it made me really happy, really thank you for today。」

001.jpg 002.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

From early 2019, Megumi had an article about her on Asahi Shinbun digital site, however it's an article where only users who pay can see the full version, so I'll only share the photos + a translation of the article's intro that is available for everyone! Having the full article would have been nice, but there are some little infos in the intro too that are nice to know! I put a link about competitive karuta because I had no idea what this was, it's apparently a card game. Also this short intro explains Megumi's choice for her catchphrase!

"Nagano Megumi from AKB48 - When she eats too much, she goes at the gym to kick"
    https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASM497F2TM49UCVL02B.html

001.jpg

"My hobbies are competitive karuta, tea ceremony and kick-boxing. Recently I started cooking too。

For competitive karuta, back when I was in elementary school, I ranked first in the karuta competition in my class。 I joined the karuta club in junior high school, and joined a local karuta club as well。 For tea ceremony, there was a teacher giving lessons in my neighborhood, and I attended。

For kick-boxing, I went to the ladies course in the gym in my neighborhood。 I'm kicking at a punching bag or at the boxing gloves of my trainer。 I can raise my leg up to the top of my head。 Having a match is scary, so I don't think I will reach that point。 I don't only kick, I also punch。 To make use of that special skill, I decided for my self-introduction catchphrase in performances to be 「Megumin Punch」。"

002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    Thank you for sharing all this information with us. I was interested in her during the 3rd draft but then lost sight of her. She has an interessting personality and I hope we will see a lot of her in 2021

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@Crystelle You're welcome! I'm glad it's appreciated! I do this for myself and for everyone else too, because I want to learn a bit about the current AKB new gens that I don't know, and Megumin is one of the first who I decided to learn about. I'm glad if more people learn about her as the same time as me so I'm happy to share the informations!

So I found a Twitter account from Megumin's fans in Japan, if any of you wish to see some updates about Megumin, you might want to follow this: https://twitter.com/megumin_nagano

The account doesn't have a lot of tweets so I'm going through the tweets starting from the oldest ones, the 2018 tweets. I will share little by little what I find nice and interesting to see!

First, some screenshots of Megumin's Showrooms from early to late 2018:

001S.jpg 002S.jpg 003S.jpg 004S.jpg 005S.jpg 006S.jpg

Some screenshots of Megumin from the 2018 Janken pre-lims and events:

001J.jpg 002J.jpg 003J.jpg 004J.jpg 005J.jpg 007J.jpg

Photo:

006J.jpg

She looks nice in the 2018 Janken! She was paired with Kamiyama Riho (who graduated not long after). You can also watch a video here where the two of them are being interviewed by Komiharu and Rinrin. Megumin was a little shy, it's cute! She looks really pretty there ;w;

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Some Megumin 2-shot pics from May 2018 fan-event (Sources: #1 / #2 / #3)

001E.jpg 002E.jpg 003E.jpg

Megumin's theater debut with Team K was on 24th August 2018. Some posts:

From Komiharu, Manami, and Ami's Twitters. The hug pictures are Megumin and Komiharu, aww
    This was her very first performance, so that's why she cried, the members all congratulated her!

001.jpg 002.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg

From the official AKB LOD Twitter, tweet about Megumin's debut stage with Reset. it says:
    "Supported by senior members, she did her best until the end! Looking forward to the future!"

003.jpg

Later in the year in 26th November 2018, Megumin performed Pajama Drive for the first time!
    That day was also the birthday stage for Homma Mai. Photo from the official AKB LOD Twitter:

006.jpg

16. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    She's now a regular on local Kanagawa TV program!
    Here's the Youtube version of it

• Like Like x 1
  17. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Didn't know it was available on YouTube, thanks!

18. JoKawaruso

JoKawaruso Kenkyuusei

Birthday Stage:

• Like Like x 2
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 1