1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 52nd [Teacher Teacher] (2018/05/30)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Mar 17, 2018.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The four rows was just the white board version. A performance version might be 10, 7, 6, 5, back to front. They often have long back lines, and this would move Yui and Yukirin to the center of the second row and Mako, Mirurun, and Ogiyuka to the center of the third (they being 13, 14, and 12). But hey, I am just blowing smoke. We won't know until we see a performance. Remember that Love Trip only had the first 5 dancing in the classroom in front of the blackboard (and upset all the Sakura and Dasu fans).

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, but the battle this year is obviously between Jurina and Sakura.
    They can't push them to the second row.

Heck, I'm even surprised Ogiyuka is there since she's the third contender.
    I can't wait for her to snatch the crown and the whole of AKB management losing their sh**-

3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    imo in a SSK single they should be bolder in experimenting, no one really cares if Jurina, Sakura is 2nd row in this single if they are not center anyways.

4. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Maybe for you but this doesn't apply to everyone.
    I think certain members require a minimum position even if they're not center (sorta like how it's hard to imagine nanase and maiyan in second row). Juri/saku are the current top members and they're not yet part of the senior citizens that you can move around wherever is convenient imo.

5. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    This is why AKB don't have a future if they can't even be gracious enough to spare one single to boost their young talents out up front and still have to stick to this regressive, conservative and profit-oriented thinking.

This is why we got the positions now and people are beetching about it.

6. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think though that they are being gracious enough to have a newish future talent like yuiyui center -- and another different current talent center the single before that.

Maybe the expectation for something new is different from someone like you who follows the group on a daily basis but I'm not sure that it's also wise to back-row the top members en masse (well, second row) in favor of a whole front line of scrubs. It's also debatable what the purpose of the singles are -- is it the place to promote new talent or is it the place to see the top talent? There's only four singles in a year but there's lots of other activities in a year.

7. mils

mils Kenkyuusei

[hehe]

It's dumb to put a first time senbatsu member for a single if they're gonna drop her for the ones after, like a one time thing that then crushes fan's and the girl's expectations.
    The usual top senbatsu members are so many that they keep taking the spotlight from the ones who will be their succesors on their respective groups, management should have taken the risk for this voting single and put Yuiyui and most of the second row members as representatives for each SG on the first row instead of waiting till the top members graduate to start to heavily promote the younger ones as the top aces of their groups. They've changed things a bit but if they keep this model it'll only lead to more years without any young, real top aces.

8. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Woah language there buddy

I say they are gracious enough to put Zukkii in this single, I give them that. yuiyui was way planned ahead with all those foreshadowing and torch passing hints. It was something bound to happen.

As a fan I really give two effs about general public what they think. Right now all AKB has as foundation support is their die hard fans and they should really listen to those voices instead of trying to kiss the public opinion's azz on getting their attention about AKB's new single line up. (or trying to make this AKB world thing a thing)

The single no matter what is gunna be over 1mill so I'd say its their best chance of the year to experience new stuff instead of maintaining status quo. They are trying all kinds of new stuff in their music genre then why not take another step in restructuring a possible visible future we can actually grasp, even for like a short period of time.

9. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

I would have slashed the entire fourth row, and also 3 from the first row to make 18.

I feel like the 4 blocks of 7 is something they'll stick to tho? It could be quite interesting.

10. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Ah pardon, I was going to put second stringers but I thought scrubs was a more mysterious and maybe less offensive sports reference?

I'm not sure if it's just die hard fans supporting akb at this point which is why I think they still need to cater to non-everyday fans and sponsors who expect them to use most of their best members available. So while it's good that you're happy to see zukkii in this single, I don't now who this zukkii is and might regress to an every-month type of fan if the first two rows are made up of zukkiis (no offense to zukkii who I'll probably like if/when I get to know her). But yes I do see that everyday fans might become less interested too if their need for something new is not being satisfied.

Well, you also have to consider at what point is it fair/wise for a successor to steal the spotlight from the master who's still at the top. I think hkt/nmb are good examples where you have the master (sasshi/sayanee), the successor (sakura/mirurun) and successor to the successor (hana/aayan). But you're right that management should have foreseen that this was going to be a problem when the number of SGs increased to a certain level.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  11. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Well "scrubs" is common term used in gaming which is mainly used for insults now. It's a bad word, just don't use it unless you are trying to trigger some shea here. Other than that I think I made my opinions pretty clear so I won't add more to my answer.

Yamauchi Mizuki, current AKB 16th gen KKS. She is the last row center in this single just fyi.
    http://www.stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/yamauchi-mizuki-zukkii.17063/

12. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    I could say Ogiyuka and most of NGT members are not really favored by AKS. They could have ignored her, even with her 5th position in SSK, if she did not win the 1st place in the preliminary and create a huge media buzz last year. The NGT member AKS (or more precisely, Aki-P) likes is Rikachan (and maybe Okappa in a small extent).

As for 4 rows of 7 members, it is similar to Keyakizaka in recent singles (just add an extra “charity” row): https://keyakizaka46discovery.com/senbatsu-formations/

13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I would have increased it to 32 (at least) like a proper SSK summer senbatsu and have Dasu, Furuhata Nao, Tanaka Miku and hell even Muto Tomu

14. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Ogiyuka has an agency now. Kitarie has an agency and when her spot gone vacant, it's inherited NOT to NGT. Not even to Okappa or their first fave KTMN.

See where this lead?

15. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Maybe. Though, I have never trusted HoriPro's influence on AKS. Most of their AKB members in the past were underdogs. But we have only a few members w/ agency now so it is hard to say.

16. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    We have Dasu in 52nd, or which Dasu you're talking about?

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

So she is, I stand corrected. For some reason I thought she wasn't being treated too well by AKS.

18. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I'll say her fate in AKB48 is similar to Matsui Rena's. Jurina is still the most favored SKE member of all time

19. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    These days most SKE girls aren't being treated well tho

20. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Fun fact: this is the first single since Kimi wa Melody to have a center who is still in high school!

Ages of centers from 2014 to now (based on the time of announcement)
    35th: 25
    36th: 20
    37th: 20
    38th: 20/16
    39th: 26/23
    40th: 21
    41st: 22
    42nd: 24
    43rd: 17
    44th: 18
    45th: 23
    46th: 22