1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamamoto Sayaka Fan Letter Translation Project

Discussion in 'Forum Projects' started by convenience93, Mar 1, 2018.

1. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Hello there all!

I've decided to start a new personal project, and that is Sayaka's fan letter translation project!

Have you ever wanted to write a fan letter to Sayaka, but then gave up on it because you couldn’t speak Japanese? Or perhaps cause you felt like your Japanese wasn’t good enough?

Or perhaps you’re just not very good at expressing yourself but need help. Whatever your reason may be, that’s why I’m here!

The premise is fairly simple. All you have to do is write your fan letter to Sayaka in English, and I’ll help you translate it into Japanese! All for free!

My Japanese isn’t 100% perfect, but I have studied it for close to 6 years now, and also majored in Translation Studies during my postgraduate studies. I was also responsible in being the project manager of Sayaka’s 22nd Birthday International Fan Project in 2015 entitled 22 & Thankful. For that project, I also was one of the main translators where I translated a good bulk of the messages for fans from English into Japanese.

Also, since I’m Malaysian, I will also consider messages written in Malay/Indonesian since I understand it anyway. But preferably English!

If you’re interested, you can find out more on what we did on that project here!

Unfortunately, I can’t commit to doing another birthday project, but through these fan letter translations, I hope I would be able to connect international fans more to Sayaka! Won’t it be great if Sayaka could start receiving more and more fan letters from international fans??

I also sent many letters to Sayaka myself since 2013, so if you have any requests or questions on the sort of content I wrote, where I sent it to etc, feel free to ask me here or message me!

You can also email me at sy.international48@gmail.com

You could just write a simple fan letter or maybe even send a postcard to Sayaka of the town you live in, and tell Sayaka a little about it! As Sayaka has been working a lot, she hasn’t had that much opportunity to travel to that many countries. And even if she did, it was mostly for work.

That’s just an idea! But totally be creative and let your ideas run wild! I’ll be waiting to hear from you!

Wanna try writing Sayaka a fan letter today?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fani Chairani

Fani Chairani Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I'm really interested. :cute::cute:

3. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Cool! Just have it written, and message it to me! I'll do it for you. If you have any questions/doubts, you can message me as well!

4. Suii

Suii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    I send my letter to convenience93 a few days ago and she answered very quick. And translated it this weekend.

She is super nice to communicate with and very friendly. If you are unsure what to write or need some advice, don't hesitate to write and ask her! I'll definitely use her service again.

Thanks again! :q

5. Kurasa

Kurasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Would definitely want to try and make a message!

Moreover, I would also want to give her a portrait I've drawn. Do you know how will I be able to have it as a gift?

6. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Okay, whenever you have a message ready that you want translated, PM me!

As for the portrait, you will probably have to send it in as regular fan mail? Like how big is the portrait? A4 size?

That or if you happen to be in Osaka, pass it directly to the staff at theatre.

7. Kurasa

Kurasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Yes, something like that (the portrait). Well I'm new to all these things but how does sending it as a regular fan mail work?

8. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    You just send it out like any normal letter/mail! I think you can just find an envelope that will fit your portrait. And then for the address, this is it for NMB!

≪NMB48劇場≫
    〒542-0075
    大阪府大阪市中央区難波千日前12-7
    YES-NAMBAビルB1
    「NMB48ファンレター係 (山本彩)」

For other members apart from Sayaka, you just change 山本彩 to their names accordingly.
    And that's it! It's very simple.

Then once it arrives in theatre, the staff will check through the mail, and once that is done, they'll pass the fan letters/mail to members on the days they are present for theatre.

9. Fani Chairani

Fani Chairani Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Can I send the birthday message now, because I'm forget to write it.

10. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Yes do it!! Message me your letter!

11. Fani Chairani

Fani Chairani Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I've written the message. Please check it on your email.

12. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung