1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    well many thought akb was doomed earlier back then but look how it is now. still doomed, but it has branding.

2. Hiei Harukkusu

Hiei Harukkusu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satonanami
    Nah, the analogy isn't so accurate. Between the pro-government fanatics and the minions of the opposition, the former makes more sense. But apparently S48 isn't the proper venue for a political debate which I would have loved to take part into.

Anyway, they must have thought new girls dancing to Oogoe Diamond would captivate the wotas.

I have ranted more than enough though. This was approved by HHE so I'll just watch until they have completed the lineup for first gen.

I would say though it is natural to add Manila flavours as you would call it into MNL, as Pinoys generally aren't familiar with Japanese Idol Concept. Sure they need to make MNL known by broader public otherwise it won't last, but at least they should consider the wotas too. Perhaps there are ways to make MNL popular without deviating too far from AKB concept that wotas loved. The terms should be accurate too, deviating is different from adjusting.

Though I should say I read FilWota's recent FB post and they stated MNL management appreciates fans' feedback and they have made adjustments, although almost unnoticeable, just to meet even just a bit of the wotas' demands.

Anyone following MNL should not be surprised anymore. It is disappointing.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  3. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    yeah, that analogy using government is weird. btw, i'm not a Filipino but i'd love to discuss politics! i'm graduated with political-related degree so i kinda know the basic condition of politic atmosphere in philippines, but i would love to learn more from a filipino themselves!

4. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

I thought it was confirmed Centris is gonna be where the theater is built.

• Like Like x 4
  5. mistertaxi07

mistertaxi07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    LOL you yourself have no idea of what you’re saying.
    The theater is currently under construction (Centris Mall) and there are songs ready for MNL48! The management played some Filipino-translated AKB48 songs in Movie Stars Cafe. So the songs are ready, they just need girls to sing it. LOL

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. Hiei Harukkusu

Oshimen:
    satonanami
    If I wanted Philippine-style entertainment, I would not need an AKB sister group here incorporated with elements of Pinoy entertainment. What for? Why not just proceed with the original? So as much as MNL wants an identity of its own among the AKB sister groups, please balance it well with the concept of AKB that we all love.

MNL has a stage being built, translated AKB songs, and they can't even dance to any AKB songs yet while some 7 challengers, who never went to audition/ selection process quite similar to AKB's, did. Of course that's perfectly fine.

@souchan48, Facebook, FB is where you should go if you want to know more about Philippine politics. We're seeing new things actually. One I can point out is, starting from 2016 campaign and election period, the Filipinos' interest on current affairs, on the projects of the government down to the most stupid gimmicks the opposition could come up with, is higher than usual. The public is becoming more politically matured as compared to the years before 2016 where Pinoys would vote politicians based on the endorsement of celebrities, or the candidate is a showbiz personality, or his/her relative just died recently. Necropolitics as they call it. FB is pretty fair in the sense you can read there the opinions coming from the two sides of the political fence.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Yuh

Yuh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I am a staunch supporter of MNL48 having a distinct Filipino influence, but as much as I don't want to admit defeat, this is true. The whole situation looks forced and desperate by now, even to those who had no questions asked about a girl group contest on a noontime show. I asked some regular It's Showtime viewers (who follow MNL48 only for the segment's sake) and they said the addition of the challengers were confusing and unnecessary.

On the other hand, congratulations Sela! :1st: Now all that's missing in the Top7 for me is Ash.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. m3rv

m3rv Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    netizens are pissed because of competition lack of fairness and credibility not because MNL is not a copy or because its not the direction they want. There will be less angry reactions during lives if those challengers came from previous eliminated aspirants not from sneaky secret audition.

the competition is being drag way too much but i hope to see MNL using more AKB songs, ABSCBN can pay those royalties without a sweat, the station is involved more than a media partner should do so i guess or maybe they should be the one paying.

i wonder if there will be more leaks, its seems pretty accurate

• Like Like x 5
  9. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Good afternoon! My rage cells from last night at least dipped down a bit.

I feel calm now after cleansing myself with some tea.

I'll find ways to become objective about the seven new girls + 20 upcoming since they are just tools of management's chess board.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Not really the place to discuss it but just to give a quick comment, the foreign media are getting it right that things are messed up right now. Worst than ever since the post martial law era.

I still find it wrong that 27 new aspirants are added and have as much chance as the ori48 to become 1st gen.

This has nothing to do with being an AKB purist since even outside the context of the MNL audition, such a move is just a cheap way to gain buzz but unfair to all concern.

Moving forward, its inevitable that some of the 27 will make it in since some of them.will have the fresh factor going for them. I think I'll probably become just a casual fan of MNL48, watching PVs in youtube, unless an aspirant I'm supporting becomes a front girl.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. mistertaxi07

mistertaxi07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    From the MNL48 website:

"This scoring will only form 50% of the overall result of the upcoming General Election, while the other 50% will be based on each candidate’s votes on the MNL48 Plus app."

If the current system will apply in the gen elections, then the new girls only have a slim chance of getting in? Unless they get perfect 50% aside from the voting in the app.

12. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    So that means the voting system for the SSK is not app voting? Now that's a surprise.
    Would it be through text-voting, like usual ABS CBN competitions?

13. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    This is not about wanting mnl48 to resemble akb48, that’s a lost cause.

The netflix death note is far closer to the original than mnl48 is close to the original.

The complaints are about irregularities and the BS that this is still a 48G sister group.

The message from abs-cbn is clear.

We have the control so you can just go and suck it.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Demetria

Demetria Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I went to twitter to check the profile Aria and I see she has MNL48 back on her name. I'm glad she hasn't given up :banana:

• Like Like x 2
  15. lizpie014

lizpie014 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaede Ishiyama
    Twitter:
    lizzyneechan14
    Confirmed by an ABS-CBN news article. April 28, 2018 is the date that we have waiting for. :chuffed:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hiei Harukkusu

Oshimen:
    satonanami
    I understand the confessor was right about the new 7 girls but is there a confirmation already regarding the other 20 girls?

Not the right place to discuss indeed though I'd agree Philippine politics is messed up right now, and it can even get worse since 2019 is near. If Digong wants his Federalism promise realized, he needs to fill both houses of the congress with his allies. Mid-term election is always the time for political parties to expand themselves so they'll have enough gas to push for platforms they promised during campaign period, or secure winning chance on the next election.

But to be fair, western media has been spreading misinformation about PH. They don't have good grasp of real situation here. And what they're doing affects tourism, economy, and even AFP modernization. If you noticed too sir, it is only the western media that has expressed critical views towards PH. Asians usually do not intervene in each other's domestic affairs, so I specified them directly instead of using the term "international media". Well, between Asian and Western media, the Asians understand us better.

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Thanks for the info.
    Any official info on that though? Or just rumours?

Then the other explanation is worse, they are simply not choosing the girls because they have no trust in this project.
    Really, what is the point of all this voting and crap? They expect the girls to be popular from the start? They'll be popular among the 83 wotas in Manila, that's it.

I always thought trying a SG in the Philippines wasn't the greatest idea, and it shows.

18. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Western media traditionally talks about other countries. Asians on the other hand, tends to keep to themselves for better or for worse.

That being said, thailand has already warned our mass murderer of a president the follies of his drug war.

I do not like talking about our country’s politics in an akb48 forum but i cannot look idly by while one of his disciple spread false rumors on what is happening on our country.

Back to topic, i’m dond with mnl48, i am only speakjng out about my perceived unjust things that’s been happening with mnl48

19. ToriMan

ToriMan Kenkyuusei

Well well.
    images-5.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. lizpie014

lizpie014 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaede Ishiyama
    Twitter:
    lizzyneechan14
    According to Eunice's tweets, the weekly app votes will be the basis of the score this week.
    IMG_20180408_201610.jpg
    Also, she also tweeted that very soon, votes will reset back to zero.
    IMG_20180408_201626.jpg

(Other contents of her tweets are for campaigning. I'm too lazy to translate her tweets.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.