1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Have any of you lost interest in 48/46G?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Doodleboy, Dec 8, 2016.

?

Have you lost interest in 48 G?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2016.
  1. Yes, I don't follow them anymore.

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Somewhat. All of my oshis have graduated, but I still follow the group.

19 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Not really, but I am losing interest.

34 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Of course not, I have just as much interest in the group as I did when I started to follow AKB Group

20 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. No, I've gained more interest than I ever had before.

25 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I don't lose my interest yet, but I'm just watching/listening old songs of AKB now. I don't buy AKB's single since TwI. And this year, I dont think I need to buy Negaigoto since I hate that single all the way. I rather transfer my money to my oshi's fanbase for this SSK.

But, I still update for HKT's single. I bought HKT last single (Bagutte Iijan) for a couples month ago and that single is my last AKB48 Group that I have until now.

My interest now is Keyaki. I bought all of their singles since SaiMajo to Fukyouwaon. And for Nogi, I bought their two last singles (although I bought some their past singles like GR & Ima)

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I started losing interest around the end of 2015, and what keep my interest (a bit more) in 2016 was the theater stages especially I watched some Team 8 Lod's and then the Boku no Taiyou revival with theater girls, I really loved it... Sadly, in less than a year, almost half of the girls who were in that revival graduated now including my fav (Naanya) so I lost interest in watching that stage... and I see some Team 8 girls also graduating and it just makes me sad ._.

So now my interest is low both for singles and theater. I used to read this forum a lot especially I read every page of threads like the singles thread, or any other general discussion thread, but now I really can't keep up LOL the interest is just not high. ._. I really do miss the old AKB and I feel like it won't ever be the same again (+ I'm not a fan of the AKB new gens.), so... my hope now is to see Team 8 becoming a real group, and get their own singles. but nothing is happening, so yeah, I'm like "meh". until then I enjoy Keyaki singles <3 and I still read some AKB-related things on this forum, but clearly my love and interest in AKB is low.

3. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Yeah, AKB48 now sucks. I follow NGT48 & JKT48 more.

4. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Last AKB single I really enjoyed was Kimi wa Melody, and that was 2 years ago (I lowkey liked 11gatsu too). I also dont like most of the girls they have been pushing besides YuiYui. So glad I have Sakamichi

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I agree with some of your points @rka

It looks like their releases are basically an excuse to hold more HS events than to actually put something of quality out there.
    I remember I would force people to watch Beginner and Sakura no Ki videos because they were actually good, and now I can barely sit through a whole PV they put out.

As for the concerts, they seem to have little faith in themselves.
    At least AKB, their last big concerts have been graduations (Mayu and Kojiharu) and the rest is:
    - RH (+5 or 6 concerts cause they have the venue, so why not)
    - SSK
    - Thanksgiving
    - Kouhaku

I understand they want to look good a half soldout Tokyo Dome would look bad, but not everything has to be huge.

Give them Budokan.
    Give them Yokohama Arena.
    Give them team concerts in smaller venues around the country.
    Etc.

The lack of stages is ridiculous at this point.
    I remember the frenzy of summer 2013 when they announced all the new stages and we’ve got TWO in FIVE years.
    And again, because the HS take priority and it’s better for them to release any original music in singles than in the theatre.

Weird times to be a fan.
    I still follow them, but it’s obvious that AkiP’s mind is on Keyaki these days (lucky I like them too!).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    I'm on my losing interest phase again.
    2012 - got interested; started listening music, watching shows etc
    2013 - lost interest after mariko graduated, stopped following
    2015 - got interested again after seeing kibouteki refrain
    2018 - losing interest again, right now there are more graduated members that I like than active ones

7. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I am steadily losing interest in 48Group. What makes me still looking them out is because I'm active in S48.
    There were times in the past when I'm so proud watching AKB's MVs because they're so good. Now I don't think I really watch the full MV after they release a single, I only watched the short version and let go.
    Maybe because the girls that made me into AKB have all graduated (except Yukirin), and the new kids don't look as interesting as the senpais.
    I mean, I have sympathy with Miion, etc but I don't really have the appetite to always put them in my radar. The releases have become kinda boring these three years. I don't even want to think how the SG will be after a few years in the future. I stopped watching 48 dramas (from the latter-half of MG5, except Crow's Blood).

Thankfully Sakamichi gave me things that I found missing in 48G. It's only time I will not follow 48G, maybe when Yukirin took off her portrait in AKB Theater. I might only want to know the SSK in the future, maybe.

8. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    So I wrote this... nearly eighteen months ago. I find it interesting to look back upon my views and see what, if anything, has changed. What started with Manatsu no Sounds Good has progressed:
    • Whereas before I was mainly focused on collecting photos and merchandise and as many things as I could afford to buy, that has slowed down considerably in favour of a more member-focused approach. I still collect photos and want to complete the sets I love, but now I check Twitter and Instagram on a daily basis and have more 48/46G news sites that I follow.
    • I think I follow even more girls now than I have ever done. Plus I follow the overseas and SNH groups more too. Before, I saw that as too much and stuck to AKB with some SKE/NMB/HKT thrown in. Now, I have a firm preference for my next oshimen as well as several other strong members that I follow from all over the groups.
    • The use of Showroom and even more members joining social media has struck me as a mostly positive thing, allowing for greater interaction between members and fans (mostly a good thing, there are weirdos everywhere...). For me, that has also helped me stay close to this fandom and develop closer ties to members I may not have originally bothered with.
    • I maintain that I shall not stress over that which I have no control, and have stuck to that with 48G management choices and decisions. There have been several WTF moments for me over the years, but I am not part of management; I am not in Japan; I don’t even see the girls enough to voice a continued opinion. Yes I have this forum and my friends who still follow the group (that has decreased considerably), but I am not going to sweat it, and enjoy the group while it continues.
    • The music has changed for me the most in the time I have been following the group, and seems to have… mellowed? Think that’s the word I want here. A lot of it doesn’t have the punch or staying power of some of the songs that were released as I got into the group, or even in the few years following. The lack of new stages continues to frustrate me (anyone want to collaborate in creating a fantastic new set list for each team? Send it to management and go ‘Let us help because someone clearly isn’t’?) but again, that doesn’t rest with me. I can still listen to all of their music very happily, and actually really like the original music of the SNH groups too which gives me even more variety.
    I still follow the group, and always will, because, as I said back in 2016, it is part of my life now. My interest has not waned, it has changed, and I am ok with that. :)

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The SG48 are in such a limbo at the moment.

On the one hand, SKE seems to be picking up their sales a bit.
    And oin the other hand... STU had the lowest debut, NMB bombed with their last single and NGT reached a new low in the franchise (lowest first week since SKE's 1234).
    HKT is probably going down the same path.

We'll have to wait and see how the other releases of the year go, but I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually went with the Hamasaki route: they know they won't get #1 so they stop releasing singles all together.
    Maybe AKB will include SG songs in all their singles.
    Maybe the SG singles will be repurposed and turned into new stages.

One thing is clear: they are not making any new fans.
    Creating new SG is only going to weaken the current ones because the fans have to spread their budget even more.
    Sure, there might be a hidden supernova girl somewhere in Sapporo or whatever, but that's what Team 8 is for.

@Silenka wrote something great in another thread and one of the points I can't agree more:

For real.
    In the Jabaja concerts, they could have performed:
    • 11gatsu no Anklet.
    • Negaigoto no Mochigusare.
    • LOVE TRIP / Shiawase.
    • Tsubasa wa Iranai.
    • Kuchibiru ni Be my Baby.
    • Halloween Night.
    • Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai.
    • Kokoro no Placard.
    • Labrador Retriever.
    • Suzukake Nanchara.
    • Heart Ereki.
    But didn't.
    Sure, we had Kibouteki Refrain, High Tension, Mae Shika and plently of units from their last album. But the latter will probably never be performed again.
    I wonder sometimes what is the point in filling a single up with b-sides and PVs when they're being treated as throwaway content anyway.

Heck, I'm still salty that STU had their very first solo concert 10 days before the release of their debut single, and instead of performing their eight original songs (including their 11gatsu bside), they just did covers.
    It's such a waste!

One wonders why some girls keep auditioning for the 48G to be, almost surely theatre girls, when the Sakamichi are getting stuff like:

if the video does not show watch the video here

And that's just for their b-sides.

I don't know if it's AkiP or King Records the ones who are letting AKB go on autopilot, but they are going through turbulences and don't seem to care the plane might go down.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Huh,

1. Now AKS treats some of my favorites horribly.
    2. Members AKS favors are overrated.
    3. Newer singles (A-side songs) are meh.
    Still here because my girls are still there meanwhile Erika can make my excitement back.

11. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    arent the girls usually auditioning for all the groups ? iirc ogiyuka also have applied for nogi's 1st audition and orin also applied for nogizaka 3rd generation and keyakizaka46 cmiiw

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I guess some of them just want to be idols and don't really care where.
    But with all the mainstream faces leaving AKB, I wonder if the numbers aren't already bigger for Sakamichi auditions.

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I remember I got some source for applicant numbers in 2016 audition. Nogi 3rd gen takes the top with 40k~ applicant in the first round. AKB 16th gen were around 16k-18k~. Then Hiragana 1st gen, NMB 5th gen, and HKT 4th gen down the list in descending order. SKE 8th gen takes the lowest with 4k~ applicant.

However, I expect 2018 will be another year of audition again, starting from NGT 2nd gen and Sakamichi draft. So consider that number obsolete.

14. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    and SKE 8th still turned out the best out of those:awesome:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Aren't you going to go on to how "horribly" Sayaya, Megu, and Tomu are treated?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

According to this (top right table), Nogi's 3rd had 48k applicants.
    It's insane.

As for 2018... I think we won't see (m)any more auditions.

AKB's 16th is just over a year old, and D3 is quite big (19 girls) so they should be fine. Plus, they have the whole Team 8 kennied.
    SKE's 8th is the same as AKB's 16th, and while they need to fill in the gaps in their teams, they got 18 KKS to do so.
    NMB needs to fill in their teams, but they got a pretty big D3 to do so (15 girls).
    STU still needs to form a single team and they have the numbers to form two, so they're fine.

HKT though... they only got 5 girls in the draft, and if they follow the rules and promote them to their bounded teams, they will still be quite just in numbers.
    So I wouldn't be surprised if they announced auditions for the 5th gen at some point this year.

But nah, they have to let the D3 girls debut and show what they have before they pressure them with newer blood.

17. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Why so negative and base everything on sales numbers lololol

STU had the second lowest debut.(Nogi was lower when they debuted, and so? look where are they now.) NMB bombed with what??330K??:XD: NGT reached a new low yet they are still number 1 on the chart and everyone knows whats up. :whistle: HKT is being projected to have 200K sales despite whatever is being said, I trust my man Muranokuma's statistical analysis.

Oh get over it LOL not even one single STU fan were complaining about it. And their schedule was so packed back in January it was pretty impossible to have them practice for all those new songs. Besides they are literally performing it almost every day now with their new stage tour lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I'm just guessing how management might see things.

They have done crazier things to keep up the numbers facade (with Kuchibiru, with Jabaja...). They don't seem to care that much about the SG, but you never know with them.
    They have already slowed down their release pattern, so who knows what they could do next to free up the calendar and add more AKB HS or whatever.

NMB's latest single sold less than 200k.
    Hopefully the sales and resales and resales will push it forward though.

And no, I'm not over it.
    If they had time to rehearse for Namaiki Lips, RUN RUN RUN and Seventeen, they had time to rehearse their own songs that were already recorded.

Also, tone policing is not cute.

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Just remember that management doesn't base everything on single sales...no one should cuz that's pretty shallow on seeing things as a 48G fan.

That's only first week and they can probably reach 250K+ at the end. Idk how you define it as a bomb >__>

Because they did those songs before in their stage tour SO they are not new songs for them to learn at all. Take a good look at their schedule in December-January and tell me where can they even find time to practice new B-side songs in those dates before the concert.

Then how about stop picking on the same STU references for your arguments?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Again, it's not how I see it. It's how I imagine management sees it.
    Not everything is based on sales, but you can't tell me they aren't doing as much as they can to secure AKB's million to continue in the foreseeable future.
    And the SG might are crucial in that.

I'm not even going to quote the STU thing because we just won't ever agree on that. :flower:

• Agree Agree x 2