1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Thumbs down for taking away like/dislike button

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Excellent observations. This is what happens in the West when "everyone gets a Trophy" - No One becomes 'special'. True Story- Today I got a Trophy (for "Likes" of all things). This still means nothing.

Case in point- I alone have received like 20-30? "Dislikes" alone just from the same 5-6 people this week alone. Clearly NOT a clique or mob of SJW's (Western Feminist supporting Danso lovers?? Whatever) rolling in packs around Stage48 right?? Do I care? nah...I have like 200 posts "Neg" them all- Please waste your time. Imagine if I was 'Bored' & "Disliked" 20 of your posts randomly - I could- What are you gonna do?? Point your finger at the 'Bad Man' & cry to the Moderator like you always do when someone "DISAGREES" w/ you? - The Mods have Lives! & they're Well Aware of how "Passive Aggressive" some of you are. They're WISE to Style of Censorship.

One Moderator closed a Thread for a month because SOME Posters couldn't discuss KPOP mingling w/ AKB without a Pitchfork and used the term "Running New Posters out on a rail" So there are NO SAINTS on Stage48 - enjoy your "Stars", "Thumbs Up", & "Dislikes" whatever makes you feel like you're "Winning" on Stage48 & hope someone cares.

Now...if I may Crow a bit (DUCK!!)
    Wasn't it "I" who predicted where we are today?? (Actually more May/June) GO BACK & check my Content if you like. I predicted that KPOP (Via TWICE, Prod101, Black Pink, & YouTube accessibility) would have a profound effect on Japan & that AKI-P better get his game up to speed or risk playing 'catch-up'.

Now...the 52nd single is Highly "Kpop Flavored" and Jurina, Yuki, Sakura, Miku, & others...are Now battling against other "Idol counter-parts" on a Korean Idol show. It's an ASIA thing, not just a Japan thing. It's Not that KPOP is 'that Good' - it's that it's THAT more explosive & fun. It's the "Next Thing" and AKI-P would be an Idiot not to get involved. It's Competition & Excitement - This is the Future I wanted for AKB48.

Wakey-wakey kids! You're now in MY Future. What if - what if AKI-P & AKB Girls Conquer KOREA?? what? It's certainly possible. What if Sakura & Mako (and maybe Jurina) are so sweet & amazing that they become the next TWICE? THIS is my passion. If 3 former Idols turned JAV stars can band together & rock KPOP ("Honey Popcorn") why can't AKB girls. I want "Eye of the Tiger" from everyone... I want the Next Thing - the evolution of "Idol".

Sorry if MY Passion & posts cause your "Dislikes" but how many of you could've even considered where we are TODAY? You wanna dislike that Passion fine - it'll make me stronger.

Also lets not delude ourselves - The "Subbers" are only as good & passionate as the FANS! Seriously KPOP's already got this show 'locked up' sub-wise. AKB48's region block of the USA for 2 years on YouTube didn't help anyone.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Old Old x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

A lot of text posted from people who doesn’t care. I guess... More text = less care. [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I figure I'd make it a point to pop in here and say I'm not quite done messing with the system yet so don't freak out over it. Values can always be adjusted, trophies can always be adjusted. In fact, a lot more trophies should be coming because I'm not tying everything to likes. The reason behind the limited trophies now is because I can't line them up and activate them all at once. Once I add one to the system, it becomes active as soon as I press submit, and I can only add trophies as fast as I think of them. And yes, it is retroactive.

As far as the like/dislike button, you all still have agree/disagree, right? That should essentially serve the same purpose, but in a way more conducive to discussion. Rather than "A lot of people like/dislike your post," it's "A lot of people agree/disagree with what you said."

Anyways, please be patient while I work through it all. A much larger post detailing all the changes to Stage48 this year will be coming out this week, and you can all voice your opinions there then.

5. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Someone is never going to shut up until this forum becomes Kpop48.net. What does Kpop (or even AKB members / music) have to do with stage48 as a forum????
    Will the removal of the like/dislike cause Sakura to win in the sousenkyo?
    Will the introduction of the trophy system help Aki-P to conquer Korean music industry?

@ithebigc I still think there are too many buttons. but if you insist on keeping them, can you make a guideline what post deserve what ratings? If someone gathers lots of information, and post them in a neat format, it's useful, informative, and a winner post imo. Creative & funny rating is also similar in a sense that posts that are 'out of the box'

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

There are some points he has made.

Only the biggest cultural event that's due to start this year I guess?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Seems like the like/dislike button went because there was loud enough complaints about it. If someone gets a forest of dislikes then maybe the problem is with them and not the people giving the dislikes.

The thing is, you were getting more likes than dislikes lately because you were making good points and not being a dick. If someone else is posting wild insanity, conspiracy theories, tldr and offtopic crap then is it any surprise that dislikes follow?

• Agree Agree x 10
  8. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    When I mention "stage48 as a forum" I was talking about the system. This tread exclusively. This thread has nothing to do with music, members, events or anything. This thread is purely about stage48's forum problems, systems, etc. Talking about Teacher Teacher in here is OOT, talking about Oguri Yui in here is OOT, so why the heck he was ranting about his ~dreams~ about Aki-P conquering Korea in here?????

@Reveen I agree. When most of your posts are about Kpop girl groups, how they are superior compared to 48g, how horrible it is for members to have a short hair (short hair != danso btw. Naachan having a short hair is NOT a danso thing), ofc you're going to get downvoted to oblivion in here. And reputation sticks here, so yeah, suck it up. The same will happen to me if I say 48g is superior in a Kpop forum I believe. For someone who doesn't care about ratings, he put a lot of effort telling us that he doesn't care tho.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I actually loved the like button. I mean, this forum is not only for discussing, some users actually share translations and pictures of members and stuff, and they really do their best to contribute to the thread, and I really want to like their post. The agree button isn't relevant at that point.
    Well, I guess that's where the 'winner' button comes in, though [hehe]
    I seriously don't care about the dislike button being gone cause it's the same as disagree button, but I'd like it if there was a like button.

Edit: Also, thanks to everyone who contributed at the trophy system. I just got 'You're sure you're not OJS48?' and it's hilarious. The admins clearly put a lot of effort in this.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. trxsh

trxsh Member

I didn't get the number of posts trophies yet, but idk if it takes a while to load.

"Informative" is probably more appropriate than likes for subs and updates and stuff. Actually, likes are more redundant than dislikes because dislikes are negative and disagrees are neutral (I already mentioned that when the ratings came out but people seem to still miss that point)

I thought disagrees were good for just civilly disagreeing with someone's point with no need for taking it personally, and dislikes were better for annoying/rude/off-topic, etc stuff, and would help people hold back on stuff that makes the forum a more negative place to be- or not! if the person decides they don't care, but at least other users would be able to make it clear that a certain post is crap for some reason without having to start a direct confrontation with them. Anyway it seems like people were pretty upset about dislikes, so they do care :p.

I agree as stated above that there should be general guidelines for the ratings though. Not super strict that needs to be policed or anything, just something that makes it clear when rating in a certain way is inappropriate. I didn't think it was fair for that one guy to go around spamming dislikes for stuff like.... someone posting a picture of their oshimen for eg. The mods said it's fine to do that but I disagree, if someone is clearly abusing it while most people are using it in the way you'd expect, then it makes more sense to reprimand that person imo. But I know there were other problems with dislikes, like if you looked through the Recent Activity tab it was pretty obvious when vendetta dislikes were being exchanged sometimes.

Which is the next point- Ratings have been taking out of the activity bar and we don't get notifications for them atm. So they're anonymous for now (unless they decide to keep it that way). I guess I understand since getting notifications for negative ratings was so upsetting for some people, but I don't know if I agree with removing accountability for ratings entirely. I would have gone further for showing accountability and enabled the "list" button, but that's just me (pic for reference)
    list.png
    list2.png
    There's some info about the possibilities for ratings here if you're interested. I'm sure some of them are not possible due to our version of xenforo not being updated though.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I felt very attacked when I read that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

O sweaty, I've always been liked here:mail:

lmfaoooooo trinubabe.... you're obsession with me :^^;:

13. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I would have put a “bad spelling” on this post but there’s no more button. [hehe]

Unless @Reveen is really “sweaty” and need some deodorant ASAP! :lol:

Can I get a Too Sweet, Good Brother! :^^;:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

He will be great for the girls during HS events. [hehe]

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Just wondering, how does this work: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?members/&type=positive_ratings

The list of "most positive ratings", it was linked here and I checked by curiosity, but I realized I'm not on the ranking even though I have 264 likes, the lowest user there has 202 likes, so I should be on the list? I feel wronged :fear:

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

likes that you get via Tapatalk don't count before you get a like from site.
    and you are welcome))

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    I wish the titles were teams and not ssk ranks, i don't want to be unranked :(

18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@fatrain Actually I checked now and I appear on the list LOL. I'm not sure why it changed suddenly. I guess I had to receive one of the new ratings (and I did just above) to be able to appear on it. Justice was served [hehe] also @rka I noticed we both have 265 likes and 160 trophy points, the competition is real :fear:

19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I like the rank system finally being put into place. It reminds me of Hello!Online's system where you eventually become a graduated member lol

IA with users above that we should update the home page... it's been the same for like 2 years now. I think it would also be cool to have other features like a weekly poll, announcements, or maybe graduation announcements? Also maybe keeping up with the times and changing the chat server from kiwi to a Stage48 discord? Little things that help keep the forum more like a community.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

yes, I know, I gave it to you))

===============

btw, likes don't show up in alerts anymore (don't know if it was changed deliberately, but it was more convenient when they did)