1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Its for first perfomance which will be broadcasted at M-countdown soon (probably next month), and will be uploaded to Mnet's YouTube and Naver account.

For reference:
    Season 1

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Season 2

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    https://twitter.com/OH_mes/status/987189481756418053?s=20

Produce48 will record for a future M! Countdown episode on April 22

First performance of the season's theme song, expected to deviate from the "Triangular Rankings" that Produce 101 had

Likely broadcast in early May, but possible to change

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Well, Sakura’s apparently rumored to be the 1st center for this season’s Pick Me performance. The only way she could get that position is if she’s in the S grade, then she would have to compete with the other S graders. So basically, the most talented trainee out of 96 girls. Unless they changed the format this season.

4. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Thats not correct, the past seasons the contestants votes on who (from the top bracket) fits the center the most. Being in the top bracket doesnt mean the most talented but all rounded enough to do well in the re-evaluation. Most main vocals and dancer material are not in this class since they either lack singing or dancing ability. Basically you just have to sing and dance Pick Me to a good standard and dont mess up since they only have 1 take.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  5. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    all these years and still no one told Koreans that expecting people to learn something by constant repetition and then letting them sleep 2-3 hours is proven to be like the least effective way of doing things? haha. So hard-working.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Working smarter is oftentimes more important than working harder

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    just sayin'
    mirurun and kato yuuka they were in okinawa today (via Mirurun IG story)
    :confused::confused::confused:

8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Well, it's not only to challenge their skills, but also their will.

But yeah, like high level sport training. Require efforts and appropriate work / rest rythm.

9. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    They probably come back for breaks

10. eri

eri Kenkyuusei

It's the worst way :fp: Just as harsh negative feedback centered on avoiding any mistake/not being good enough is the worst way to motivate anyone and make them learn from their mistakes

On the other hand this is first of all a TV show, they'll be more concerned with good ratings and audience than the best way for the girls to learn and get better; and well-rested happy girls who are given positive and constructive criticism and encouraged to make mistakes probably won't be as interesting for the majority of the audience :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

They are there for the Okinawa International Movie Festival, which NMB48 performs at every year. I don't think Yoshimoto Kogyo would want them to skip the festival since they run it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Shoka

Shoka Kenkyuusei

I'm not going to say the shows are "rigged" but they're designed to show the audience certain things. In Reality TV, they get so much footage of each member, they can paint whatever picture they want. Like I'm sure every member has been filmed doing well at times and making mistakes at times. All the editors need to do is to include the parts they want to show and cut out the rest. Also it's the same with reactions to things. They probably have footage of all sorts of reactions, and they'll just cut and paste wherever to make the reaction influence the audience. Show cuts of Sakura succeeding and show some good reactions from instructors and boom you have S class Sakura. Show cuts of Jurina only when she makes mistakes and show some poor reactions from instructors and suddenly you have C class Jurina, ready for a redemption story-line. This is regardless of their actual performances.

Like in Season 1, there were so many times where I felt the reactions of the trainers watching the performances didn't match with the performance. They'd have a mediocre dance and then cut to reactions of people being super amazed. Anyway, the performances would have so many cuts and time jumps that it's impossible for the TV audience to properly watch the performers and judge their dancing. Also they built the "stone" character for Nayoung, which was basically just clips of her having a neutral face. They probably had enough footage of everyone with neutral faces to give anyone the "stone" character, but they decided to push her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    thankyou for your info

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Watching Produce 101 Season 1 now, and I seriously wonder how are the trainers going to communicate with the Japanese girls.
    and Bae Yoonjung is going to go berserk on the 48 girls

15. HarrisPilton94

HarrisPilton94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sela
    Lol I want to hear her say "Do you want to be a singer?" again

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    They will use Hongki as their interpreter lol

17. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^ His troublemaker ass will probably twist what they say :'D
    Most seriously I really don't get why you think they won't be able to communicate just because they don't speak the same language. When I was younger me and my parents would travel a lot and I would meet kids who would speak languages that I didn't knew, however it never stopped me from making friends. When there is a will there is a way \o/

As someone said on Twitter: Bae Vador is back :')
    I can't wait to see what kind of results she will get from our girls

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Well they certainly do dance better than the average 48 girls tho. Sohye became about on par with the average 48 girl towards the middle of the season.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I don't dispute that you do achieve results with that method, but you could achieve it with much less stress, pain and time

• Agree Agree x 8
  20. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Dancing is one of the things that constant repetition works. Kpop idols practice choreos to the point where its muscle memory. Its not just getting the moves right, its getting it right with precision. Some group even measure the arm angles.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 6