1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I doubt that Produce48 hasn't been planned 1 or 2 years ago. Yunana push, the Miru and NakoMiku/Hana as Center to have new front liners while Senbatsu girls are absent. Management tries to keep the company running, so don't throw shades on Sakura or Jurina, it won't help you, us or the fandom

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Well the Produce franchise only started 2 years ago so unless AKS contacted Mnet right after S1 and seeing its success...

As for all the talk of Jurina’s hako oshis being upset and her not wanting to join the show initially, these were the conclusions drawn by another S48 member who spoke to her recently at HS, received mobame and knows people on J’s committee. Obviously take it with a grain of salt as it is anecdotal but given their record as a J oshi I am inclined to believe most of it and it does line up with the narrative.

3. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

I never understood the point of being a kennin member in AKB. Girls like Jurina/sayanne/sashi etc will always be featured in the front row in AKB singles/main concerts.

The only other thing I can think of is kennins get featured in both group team songs. But as we all know akb don't really do that anynotr. Were getting our first team songs in what 3 years with teacher teacher.

So, again why everyone (the fans and the girls) make a big deal out of this? What am I missing?

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Nah, AkiP works in while.
    Things change a lot in 1 year, much more in 2.

But I do remember this happeni7:
    Plus:
    https://onehallyu.com/topic/398663-...rich-korean-people-today-seo48-are-happening/

So they've had their eye on Korea for a while.

5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Except they do. :confused:

Exhibit A: Teacher Teacher.

6. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    That's what I said?

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    My bad. :^^;:

But it will be a day less than two years. Tsubasa wa Iranai released 6-1-2016.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    I have a question about Japanese voting campaigns:
    - What do they do with the HS tickets? Do they throw the tickets away, or redistribute them to the contributors?
    - If they just throw the tickets away:
    + What are the advantages of sending money to these campaigns instead of buying CDs yourself? I guess it is only beneficial if you buy a shit load of CDs and do not want to do all the stuffs (ordering CDs, open boxes & input codes) manually.
    + Does it affect HS performance of the corresponding girls? E.g. a girl has a poor HS record but a good SSK rank because most of her fans join in her voting campaigns (and not because she has a few billionaire fans).

9. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

The point of putting sister group members in AKB? There are a lot of reasons. Foremost of them is most likely to keep the ties between each organization strong. If the groups were always doing their own thing with no crossover then the sister-group spokes of the 48 Group umbrella would drift away from each other, the fabric would stretch and eventually maybe rip (this is the kind of weird analogy Aki-P would put in a song lol). Interaction among girls from different groups and parts of Japan should have helped each organization.

Second reason is AKB48 doesn't get a lot of things for themselves (tandoku) because they are the designated "group for the general public". Shoving sister group members into AKB was supposed to help promote those sister groups by putting some of them in the limelight for all to see. How well that works is up for debate...some might argue it was only beneficial for the kennin member herself and harmful to AKB/not useful to her own group.

Whatever Jurina herself thinks of these reasons for kennin spots to exist, she obviously didn't think her kennin was helping SKE more than she actually being with SKE more often would. So she quit her AKB kennin with a huge promise to SKE that she would drag them out of the obscurity they've been gradually slipping into for the past few years. ...it hasn't really worked, likely due to a long string of bad management decisions, but now her focus seems to be back on her individual success again.

I guess people aren't up in arms about her quitting her kennin as much as her going back on her word to SKE. Quitting her kennin is just the best example of an action that illustrates to the fans just how far her determination was supposed to go.

I don't really know enough about the SKE situation right now to conjecture about what might be going on with that, but as far as someone working for a group vs individual success... let's not forget that Jurina certainly has a lot of people around her (agents, managers etc) who have been invested in her personal success for years. Her decisions can't be hers alone anymore. How this might affect her SSK chances surely must be one of the things they're keeping in mind, though. SSK is still the 48 Group's most popular and widely-publicized event. Winning it is still huge.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I don't know… judging only from TV and magazine appearances, seems SKE is definitely more relevant now than 2 or 3 years ago. But at the same time CD sales are about the same. I'd say it did work but not as well as could be expected?

11. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Oh boy. This is not an easily answered set of questions...

First of all, let me state that am not a fan of these campaigns at all. There is a high risk that they can be fraudulent, and you have no idea what your money is going toward. There have been issues in the past with these campaigns. Also, we do not support these campaigns on Stage48. (BTW, I plan to begin scouring the threads for these campaigns) That said...

1) Not all voting methods come with handshake tickets. Keep in mind, votes can be cast via Fan club, Mobile fan club, DMM subscription. It isn't all via CD
    2) The lion-share of votes are obtained via chara-ani preorder. Those do come with individual handshake tickets, which are non-negotiable.
    2a) What I particularly hate about is is that people obtain votes this way and get the handshake tickets with no intention of using them. As a result, you have girls with sold out slots, and nobody in their lines. It's pretty shitty, but I think the girls are used to it by now. In the early days, some of them complained about it, as it was obvious their handshake tickets were obtained for the sole purpose of voting for someone else.
    3) Other voting tickets are obtained via the Limited edition CDs, which do contain National handshake tickets. The buyer will ultimately keep them, or sell them via auction to further offset their cost (which is why they're technically selling "votes" at a discount)
    4) I think it is the opposite of your description. You will see certain members hs results go up for this single, but it is not necessarily because of increasing popularity.

I once asked some fans why they don't just buy the 2-photo/no handshake chara-ani CDs instead of buying random handshake tickets just for the votes, and they said because they can process more votes more quickly that way. You can only purchase 5 2-photo/no handshake CDs per application, but you can buy 50 per application if you are getting member handshake tickets. So in the case of members who sell out in the first couple rounds, this is exactly what their fans are doing.

So if you're asking for opinions. I say vote yourself. It is more satisfying that way.

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    All the sister groups experienced a massive drop in sales about 2 years ago from 500k+ down to below 300k. SKE actually has been having a small recovery on that front, Mango and Muishiki are both selling pretty decently (Muishiki is at 380k on Oricon now, highest amongst all sister group releases in a while). It’s a bit early to tell if switching over to Yunana for center the last two times is a main reason or just SKE in general having more TV/media appearances now making their sales go up. I can’t actually point to any specific success attributable to Jurina giving up her kennin. Maybe her promos for wrestling actually did help (at least a few pro wrestlers she became friends with went to various SKE events)

13. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Regular CDs are the most expensive method to vote. Buying theater eds from Chara-ani is a hassle (+ nearly impossible for outside of Japan) + it comes with a huge pile of jumk which are the CDs that nobody uses (they seriously should consider changing plastic case to paper case for theater ed to save cost and its better for the environment). While campaigns are basically you throwing money and let other people work on it + you can contribution as much as you like while buying CDs limits you to the multiple number of the price. Although it comes with a risk of fraud.

I never get the point of having HS for the voting singles anyways, its not like they are the gimmick that boosts sales. Pretty much unnecessary cost.

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The thing is, can she focus on SKE when SKE is doing nothing to focus on?

I'm sure they are probably doing some regional promotions for the group's anniversary that we haven't heard of here (or so I read in some other thread?), but if it's something small scale, maybe it does work better for the less popular girls to participate?

I feel like all the SG have been stripped of most of their independence basically because AKB isn't doing so well.
    AKB is not going to let the fans spend money on SG stuff when it wants them to buy the AKB stuff first.

The girls know it, so I wouldn't be surprised if Jurina was just like "F*ck this!" and booked the first flight to Seoul.

Sure, maybe SKE's lack of big stuff this year is to facilitate Jurina's win (no single announcement yet? Uhm...), but it better pick up and explode into a plethora of promotions and festivities once the SSK is over, because it's getting quite dull.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Remember that unlike in the previous voting single, this time they assigned the max number of slots based on popularity. This might minimize the unused HS (although not totally eliminate it) while actually entice people/fans to votes more for the popular member.
    As far as Oricon - Billboard number, 52nd single should be a definitive indicator whether Oricon actually relaxed their counting or Billboard actually have applied similar rules to Oricon. Some are assuming that Oricon actually relaxed their rules now because the difference between Oricon and Billboard number is smaller now than in the previous years.
    As for buying CD or joining a campaign... personally this is my preference -> buying codes - campaign - buying CDs. It is more satisfying to input the codes yourself instead of using a campaign but buying CD is basically the last resort since the cost is too high (shipping cost + tax). For campaign, I'm not really sure what they will do with the HS tix, but they probably try to buy HS from members that they want to do HS with.
    And speaking of votes... some people might try to aim for members that are rumored for PD48 because the potential for those members HS to be canceled thus get your money back = free votes*. Basically since they probably will not do the HS then there is no downside to try and aim for PD48 members.
    *Of course my question is when a member can't attend their scheduled HS, one of the option is to return/refund the CD (other is using it for oshimashi or the HS is transferred to another day with the same member). Do they accept the CD if it has been opened? I assume they accepted it as long as the HS tix is in there.

16. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

This mindset might go for the SSK single or even AKB singles in general (to keep that 1m streak) but otherwise I would tend to disagree. If the sister groups fail, the whole franchise starts to fail, which is obviously not a desirable outcome. The regional fans I assume do focus on their regional group the most spending-wise, and NMB being under another company has a lot of independence or so I hear. SKE might be struggling but I understand that the other groups are doing quite well for themselves, as far as idol groups go anyway.

As for the other point that Jurina can't do much if SKE isn't being given a lot of opportunities...well, that's true. But Jurina's thinking may also have been that since she is the top member, it's on her shoulders to get the outside work to come to SKE, much like Sasshi did for HKT. All we saw is her determination and not the inner workings of her mind [hehe]

17. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Thanks for your answers.

I do not intend to join any campaign (I also do not know any lol). I was just curious of why people join them, what they will do w/ HS tickets and how it affects member HS sales. The piles of CD boxes, the voting machine prove that these campaigns are huge in Japan.

18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Haruppi isn't involved this year but I was involved in promoting campaigns in 2015&16 run by her committee and they were legit and above board, I'm sure if she comes back for 2019 they will run another campaign. The Haruppi campaign also used to sell the photos that came with the CDs for extra funds to buy more votes on yahoo auctions and similar sites.

19. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Yes, and it was a very good way for us fans outside of Japan to be able to help vote our girl! :) For me living in Sweden the shipping would be almost as much as the cd with vote, so I was sooo greatful to the Haruppi campaign for helping me buy votes for her. And for sure if she comes back, I sure hope they will have a campaign again!!!

20. ShoMion

ShoMion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    So, what album would be the smartest to buy, when not Living in Japan, to vote for SSK?
    I don’t need handshake tickets...and those only come with the limited editions, correct?
    And regular editions come with an extra photocard instead?

+Is a SSK code included in every version/type album?

Please help a Sakamichi fan lol

(sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread)