1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Miyawaki Sakura (Sakura) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

If we want to win this year, we have to stop thinking about little things. SSK > HS

Sakura needs much support from criticism at this moment.

It's wrong to punish him for the mistakes the managers made.

2. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Sakura needs votes from everyone and it's hard for more casual fans not to feel disappointed if she's not at an important event and they can't use the ticket they won/bought to meet her. Some people have to travel in order to meet her. Hkt 2shot is an important event too as only hkt fans will be there. As the number one seller, sakura surely wouldn't want to be absent here moreso than in an akb 2shot for the 9th album. Hardcore fans would certainly understand but not all of the more casual fans have the same level of patience.

Mnet might have needed more footage on sakura since she's one of the early favorites. Not everyone will get even screentime when the show starts.

3. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Sakura’s 755
    “I apologize for all the worry and troubles. Later, I will speak with the staff to make sure something like this doesn’t occur. I’ve gotten almost no sleep lately so today I’m going to sleep early and prepare tomorrow. Goodnight.”
    https://twitter.com/sakura_krfan/status/988173275309203456?s=21

Maybe she’s talking about the 2shot cancellation? I’m guessing the cancellation was something unplanned or unavoidable?

I translated from the Korean translation so it was a bit weird. Sorry!

4. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Yes i think its about the canceled 2shots

Wasnt it vice versa ? Wasnt the hardcore fans whose usually complaining about every little sigle things ? Just asking anyway

5. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think hardcore fans do complain more but would still support sakura regardless is what I meant. More casual fans might not even complain and just decide to support someone else.

Shifting to another topic, at the akb 2shot, I was thinking to myself that it's much harder for sakura, yuiyui and other top handshake sellers to give people seeing them a great experience since they have much less time to interact because of the very long queue in their lines. Other members can chat with you more and even walk you out of the booth. But sakura does really well to both move her lines quickly and give you a great experience. At the hkt 2shot, I know she was really tired having just come back from korea but she was very cheerful and energetic. A real professional. Which is why I really hope she doesn't miss any more events because of produce.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    PD48 is a good opportunity to increase her public recognition. She will more known to general public when this show start broadcasted.

We don't know if this show gonna have second season. Maybe this is her only chance to participate in the show while she still have a next year to compete in ssk.

She is smart enough to make a good decision.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Except she claims this year is her last participating in SSK.

Of course she could go back on her word. However that is usually not a good thing for the girls to do.

8. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Well technically it's a person from the voting committee that said sakura said that this is her last ssk. Sakura herself hasn't said anything to the public. It's probably the best thing as fans will work harder thinking this might be her last ssk but there's the option of deciding to run again without "going back on her word" except to the person she said this to (if she did -- could be some sort of strategy by the voting committee imo).

It might depend what happens in this ssk.

9. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    some times one wonders if that guy misunderstood her ( She might had meant treat this ssk like her last ssk , etc )

coz I dun remember Sakura ever openly declared this is her last ssk, unlike the rest of those who did.

10. sakuratrip

sakuratrip Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Yeah I don't remember Sakura saying it publicly, other members announce it and make it prominent

Also with P48, I'll remain optimistic, let's think of all the good she can gain from this rather than the negatives

She herself has said she wants to work harder to make herself more known (publicly I guess) and to have more activities and P48 was the perfect opportunity for her

11. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    Did you know that there was similar rumour back in 2016 when some wota said that ssk 2016 will be Mayuyu last ssk?
    http://geinolabo.ldblog.jp/archives/5217887.html

And winning ssk is not everything. Paruru and kawaei never win it and they still have a lot of job after graduate.

12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I will trust the word of Sakura's Sentai. And our very own site admin, who claims to have heard it from Sakura directly at a HS. Until proven otherwise. :cool:

If you knew my posting history, that is something I have claimed for several years. ;)

13. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    Well bigc didn't say he heard it directly from sakura, the head of the committee did, who then told him (and others).
    To be fair, the committee head is not some random wota but a reliable source.

Anyway, it's possible she said it, said something slightly different, or didn't say it at all -- up to each person to believe what is true or not.
    But imo if she did say it but decides to run again for any reason, then she wouldn't exactly be going against her word as far as everyone else is concerned as she didn't say anything publicly.

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Read it again. Just sayin'.:v:

*Bold added by me to make it easier to see

15. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    I guess you're right.
    It's a very unusual way to declare such an important intent and not a very logical thing to do given her and her competitors' circumstances. Anyway we'll see what happens. That's for next year though and all her fans should just focus on this election. Although the produce thing gets in the way quite often lol.

16. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Y'all need to tag me when talking about me [hehe] Too many things to respond to, so I'm just going to forgo the quotes and dive right in.

I had 14 tickets for the 2-shot event in Osaka, 7 of which were Sakura. With her gone, I had 7 tickets left for the whole day so I was basically left standing around a lot. Considering I had to book the flight to Osaka and back as well as the hotel, and take the day off on Monday to make it to this event, I was not amused to hear she couldn't be back because of a "sudden schedule change" by Mnet when literally every other member was not affected. The date theme was the third most interesting to me, trailing only after bridal and school, which is why I had so many tickets in the first place. I forwent applying to Tokyo to apply for the more interesting themes in other places, so having something I was really looking forward to yanked away last minute really chafed me. Later, I was even more incensed to hear that the Korean side had basically ignored Sakura's wishes and canceled her 2-shots without consulting with her, if the member talking in the background of Sasshi's video is to be believed. Sakura has sent TWO mobame since then apologizing and promising to try her best to properly communicate with the staff so that nothing like that will happen again, when it's not even her fault.

Some of you were asking, "Wait, why hasn't Sakura announced this is her last sousenkyo to the public then? Why has she only told the election committee?" That is exactly the problem, and you have Produce48 to thank for that too. When the application period for the sousenkyo opened for candidates to declare their candidacy, Sakura wrote in her mobame saying that she had to talk to everyone soon about it after she gathered her thoughts and was able to find the time to. I had also talked to her in early March after a meeting with the election committee, emphasizing that she has to talk to the fans herself, otherwise the fans will not move. The election committee is trying their best, but in the end, we are normal fans with limited reach. Sakura understood too, asking me, "But if they understand my reasons, they will rally, right?"

And...that was March. We thought she was waiting for her seitansai to address the fans directly, but then came the reports from Produce48 of the members sleeping 2-3 hours a day, of having their phones taken away from them except during breaks of which there are little. Then it made sense why Sakura hadn't said anything yet, because she's probably too exhausted to. Certainly, she hasn't been able to schedule her seitansai if she can't even write a mobame or G+ post.

We all know Sakura is the type to throw all of herself into whatever task is in front of her. Whether she "voluntarily" joined Produce48 or not, once she was in it, we knew she would be committed to it. Normally, that's great, but if her dream is to be an actress (in Japan), I'd argue that the sousenkyo is much more important than some stupid reality show. Getting #1 in the sousenkyo is a guaranteed way to get your name in the newspapers; Produce48 is more niche until it proves itself to be popular.

Taking her away from events, and more importantly, taking away so much time from her during the sousenkyo is ultimately my beef with Produce48. The cards were already stacked against her, with Jurina having a 30000 vote lead last year, this year being in Nagoya, and NGT fans with their thousands and thousands of Fanclub accounts that are all but guaranteed to mobilize for Ogiyuka, we don't need Produce48 shooting Sakura in the foot too. Even the more hardcore fans are left somewhere from annoyed to angry (like me). Now imagine the casual fans. "Well, I haven't heard anything from Sakura, this year is probably not that important, guess I'll just save money." CD sales are going on NOW, with the votes. If this is going to be her last, then she needs to announce it so people can buy votes in time. If, because of Produce48, she has changed her mind and she'll participate next year too, then she needs to let us know to so the fans who are already buying votes don't blow all their money this year.

So, that's my plea to the Sakura oshis in this thread. Please put your money where your mouth is and actually do something to support her by voting this year. I'm helping international fans to get votes, or you can get votes yourselves from CDs if you like Teacher Teacher and can buy from Amazon/HMV/CDJapan. Get votes however you want, but just spare some money to make Sakura bloom this year :inlove:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  17. sakuratrip

sakuratrip Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Thank you heaps for the write up. Gosh, if it really is P48 limiting her to be able to express this being her last election then.. :gavel:

18. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

Minegishi said that the 2016 one was her last one... and then she got pushed out of the senbatsu by Nyan Nyan Kamen.
    And she entered last year, and it was... no, really, this is her last one... and she got 2 lower in the ranking instead of 1 higher.
    And.... oh, look, she is in this years' too.

Do you really think people who are willing to spend money to vote for her are going to be terribly upset if she says one year "I think I am going to quit" and within the intervening year, decides to change her mind?
    Sure-- she'll get less votes if everyone thinks she isn't entering for the whole year up until that point simply because they won't have saved up, but its not like they will turn on her if she does ultimately decide to enter next year even if she says she is thinking this will be her last year.

Moreover, it would be an unmitigated disaster if Sakura decides to quit now. AKB48 is already almost certainly losing Sashi, Kashiwagi, Yamamoto, Minegishi and any other remaining 1-10 gens within the next year and no one expects Matsui or Yokoyama to be around much longer either. Maybe only 1 more year.

No one else has remotely been positioned to take up the mantle of AKB48's vanguard, and if everyone who has much of an audience is gone before they can do that... the company is kind of sunk.

19. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    So at the end how the hardcore’s / comittess reaction about this show ? Hate it or against it ?

20. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Yes, thank you very much bigc for your very in-depth explanation about what's going on with sakura.
    I'm still hoping this won't be her last (and there is that possibility) but I guess everyone should be prepared if this is her last.
    I bought 50 votes from Andy but I'll see if I can buy just a few more -- hopefully there's still going to be votes available on Monday.

As for the controversial Produce -- I hope sakura does well so she's able to gain something from all the sacrifices and hard work but at the same time if it'll entail more sacrifices and lack of sleep and missing events for the next 2 years, then I don't know. I still wish she didn't have to participate.

But the important thing is the ssk and sakura's really fired up for it.