___

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by rka, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Honestly it's just really boring to listen to for me. Songs can absolutely be ballads and be great. AKB alone has at least 3 other similarly-themed songs that are ballads and yet manage to keep some tension throughout (Sakura no ki ni narou, Sakura no shiori, Saigo no seifuku) thanks to the lyrics or the crescendo of the music or any number of subtle things that make them great. So Long unfortunately has none of these things, it's just steady and boring throughout. And I'm not too fond of the shrill "so long...so loooong...soo loooooong" chorus either lol.

2. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I guess I was just lucky to go and look back at my own rankings to see that there were other tabs for the sister groups lol. I think I only skipped STU cause they have one song and I really have no strong opinions on it.

Definitely would be interesting to see other results too. Like how some might have been mistaken whether it was A-side or entire single maybe next time we can judge the entire single as a whole for all groups releases? Pretty much the same layout, but we're judging every song instead of just the A-side (so maybe wait till Teacher Teacher is released?). For sure points will move around a lot for people.

As someone else stated already, but lists for other releases like albums? Or stage albums? Even sub-units too lol

3. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I have a strong dislike toward ballads (in general) that last 5 minutes or longer and that song almost hits 6 minutes mark. Not to mention like others said, the motive of the song is so plain. It's just verse-chorus-verse-chorus with no key change and it's a recipe of disaster for ballads because it's a slow tempo song. Ngl, I legit fell asleep once while this song was shuffled by my PC.

Can't believe Nonaka Yuichi involved with this song tbh, since I love most of his works.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    I'm sad that everyday katyusha didn't make it higher but happy with most of the results. Can't believe I made it into the top ten for fans tho lol
    I feel sad for kuchibiru ni be my baby, I honestly feel like people would've loved it if it was released in their early/golden days. Also shocked at how low bingo and baby baby baby is in the list coz I love those songs

5. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    For SKE you could include Te wo Tsunaginagara and/or Nakama no Uta, they are pretty much performed on every concert

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Yup, these are absolute staples of their concerts.

Off the top of my head you could include Onegai Valentine, Hatsukoi Butterfly, Rock da yo, Jinsei wa and Majisuka Rock and Roll for HKT, I'd need to look at some concerts to see if there's any others.

7. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    I would like to point out that they way I ranked the songs was clustering into ten "levels". Everything above 4 was fine/neutral, so I guess that is why I ended up being on the hater list. Oops.
    As for being emotionally unstable [hehe]

Thanks for the amazing report! Really enjoyed reading it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Kareha no station ?

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yeah, I was also going to mention Rock da yo for HKT. It isn't their song originally, but they have pretty much adopted it as their own. Also for HKT, Wink wa Sankai gets played at almost every concert. Also, I think HKT plays more of their own Majisuka song than Maji R&R, but that was in the singles.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Thanks, Wink was one of the songs nagging in the back of my memory. I skimmed some concerts this evening and Chain of Love, Ima ga Ichiban and another repurposed AKB song Kimi no Koto ga Suki yaken. Skimming concerts also shows how woefully deficient HKT is in original unit songs( but that's a topic for another day)

I was tempted to suggest The Peace but people might troll to make a Momoclo song win [hehe]

12. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    @Reveen
    The Peace! is actually a Morning Musume song

13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

You know it's time to get some sleep when your brain says MomoSU and your hands type MomoCLO :hehe:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. C_chan

C_chan Kenkyuusei

That was very fun! Thank you for your work

Thaks for the kid part on the name haha

15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Oh I didn't know about this, I wish I could have voted. the top 10 most loved song is nice but I'm a bit dissapointed, it's all the "cool" songs and no "idol" song there, I think songs like Iiwake Maybe & Oogoe Diamond should be there (both classic and perfect idol songs <3) I agree with the top 10 worst songs except for Boku no Taiyou, it's a sweet song...? I actually really like it, it makes me feel nostalgic somehow ;_; and So Long too, it's really not that bad, there's worse.

but overall I'm not that surprised about the results, as expected the international fans prefers the cool songs (I like them too btw, but I also like other type of songs). Kataomoi Finally though <3 and Yokubomono is already so loved, it's nice to see this much love for a new song since usually new songs aren't praised.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

I tried listening to other idol music and I can confirm that AKB is superior. Keyakizaka is of course better but AKB is still good!

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  17. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I feel really singled out :oops:
    For what it's worth I wasn't trying to be negative and was really surprised I was such an outlier.

Fantastic read as always, appreciate the depth.

• Like Like x 1
  18. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I am surprised this hasn't been a more popular thread. I thought everybody would be chiming in with opinions about so many songs. I realize absolutely no one cares about such things but I am shocked and amazed how low Baby Baby Baby ranks in the survey. That was the song that first brought AKB to my attention so many years ago and I love the song, even though I've heard it thousands of times, and still love the music video. It still seems so cute and so interesting to see the girls from so many years ago.

• Like Like x 2