1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I never heard the term ''recommendation'' towel before buying 4 of them on Ebay. Yes, they are hand towel-size, maybe a little smaller, 10'' x 10''. I have Mayuyu, Sasshi, Rie, and, Maeda. Ebay has many more for sale. I just display them, of course. I'd never use them as towels.

2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    As it turns out, those Idolm@ster figures prompted a coworker of mine, who was/is into JPop, to send me the link to the Koisuru Fortune Cookie MV...... and the rest is history :)
    (and Miichan wasn't even in that :/ )

btw, totally irrelevant, but I just wanted to show of some more of my collection :)
    IMG_1521.png IMG_1523.png

there is at least something AKB related there .., my AKB Café coasters :)

やった !!!!!

14112879241_e3a79426c8_o_2.gif
    I did it .... I went ahead and splurged on votes for Miichan ...
    I know, it's a drop in the ocean ...
    and, I know, if I look rationally at it, it's a waste of money,lining the pockets of the suits of AKS ...

but, but, but ... it might well be the last chance I have to vote for her :D
    The hell with rationality ... I'll vote for Miichan!

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Same lol for all we know this is actually Miichan's last for serious reals. I decided to throw a few more votes her way. It might not be much, but if many fans go the extra mile I'm sure a difference can be made.

4. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    @dutchie i would guess ur work enviroment is in animation/illustrator field.. :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    No, sorry, nothing as artistic as that, I'm a software engineer, hence the poster of a Russian Z80 micro-processor clone on the wall behind my desk (which belongs to a co-worker).

not that I don't think there is a level of art involved in writing good code, as it is now, a good software engineer is a kind of artisan, you have to know the tools of your trade, it's just that it's almost impossible to demonstrate that to people outside the trade, for them code is code and the only elegant thing they see would be a well designed user interface, and I don't write interfaces :).
    (now try to explain what you do to your parents ... they'll just nod and say 'well, that's great" with a bit of a vacant look in their eyes ;) .... or answer that when someone asks you what you do for a living at a traditional dutch birthday party, where we sit in a circle and you are supposed to make small talk :/, well instead I tell them about AKB .... and I wonder why no one talks to me on those occasions :D )

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm glad you guys are voting for Miichan, I'll do the same, but I'm only voting once for all my favourites this year. Once for Miichan, once for Komiharu and once for Katomina :) I'd like to see Miichan do well this year! And I'm looking forward to the kimono photo sets :cute:

7. Yumenotobiira

Yumenotobiira Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Twitter:
    nosleeves3
    I’ve bought five votes this year, three for Miichan and one each for Komi and Nana c:

8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    And the election appeal videos are up!

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Beatboxing desu!

It looks like Miichan leveled up her elf-confidence (I might be playing too many RPGs :D)

(I just noticed I made a typo, it should of course be 'self' .. but ... otoh ... I think it suits the way she looks and ties in with the RPG comment, so I'm leaving it in ;) )

btw: you can hear the staff laughing at the end :)

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Beatboxing!!! XDDDDD I loved it JFC

10. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Congratulations Miichan! You have unlocked a new skill.
    Another one.

This girl has no limits?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Going by her speech, she seems to have stopped caring so much about her ranking. Makes me wonder why she's still participating? I still hope she does well though ^^

12. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

A great video! I'm not good at beatboxing, but it sound good to my ears. And her laugh at the end... [hehe]
    PS: I still can't help feeling her face has changed a lot... I mean,I look at the pics in the avatars of this face and then I look at the video...but I guess it's only my imagination... :^^;:

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1
  14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I think I might have said it before, I think her primary her main motivation to be in the senbatsu was to be with her peers?
    Part of the motivation was to have more activities/spend more time with Takamina, Nyan-nyan and the rest of the fist gens, but now most of them have graduated, and she's the only one left participating, so that's gone.

But she participated in every election held ... even in 2013.
    Maybe she just feels like it's something she has to do, that is't being a part of being an AKB member.
    In Kousagi Dojo episode 5 the member discuss the election, and Miichan asks them if they like it or not, 5 out of 10 are against the election, 3 are in favour, with as main reason the exposure it gives when they rank.
    Terry-san then asks Miichan how she feels about the election and she says she would rather not have it, but she knows it gives a huge popularity boost to AKB.
    (ok, a sample of 10/11 if 2013 ... maybe not statistically relevant, and Miichan must have dreaded that year's election as a make or break event in her career for obvious reasons)

But Shiichan dutifully enters every year as well, so it must that be part of Japanese culture as well, do your best, never give up, do what's expected of you.
    I don't think it's your imagination, her face has gotten thinner and pointier (and her teeth have changed of course.)
    But I must add, I have the feeling her face changes almost every week now, maybe that's due to changes in hairstyle and makeup.

15. Yumenotobiira

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Twitter:
    nosleeves3
    She did say at the end of the beatboxing-part that she would like to enter senbatsu, but that’s no surprise. Being the last first gen and not being a regular in senbatsu, and having been so close but always ending up in upper undergirls must take its toll. I really hoped this year will be a rank up and not a rank down. It might be the last one she’s in :/

16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I wouldn't consider her not part of regular senbatsu. Out of 52 singles AKB has released so far, Miichan was part of 41 of them. That's pretty damn impressive, if we consider one of them was a 7nin (Skirt, Hirari) and two of them were Janken singles (Chance no Junban and Kimi no Hohoemi wo Yume ni Miru). That leaves Sakura no Shiori (where Miichan was part of "Choose me!" which has ranked in Request Hour every year since then, whereas Sakura no Shiori is lying somewhere on a dusty shelf). Then there's Sayonara Crawl, which had a 32nin senbatsu and she would have probably just disappeared in the masses (also what is a 4center??? Anyway). Then there's Green Flash, which is pretty unpopular (which makes me feel really bad for Yukirin and Kojiharu tbh). And we got High Tension, Jabaja, Teacher Teacher and the last four SSK singles left, which is unfortunate.

But we also have to remember: In 2009, senbatsu were only AKB except for Jurina at 19. In 2010 we had Rena and Jurina at 10 and 11. In 2011 we also had Rena and Jurina In 2012, it was still only Rena and Jurina. In 2013 it started with Sasshi, Rena, Jurina, Sayanee, Milky and Dasu. In 2014 again we had Sasshi, Rena, Jurina, Sayanee, Dasu, Sakura, Rina (from Nogizaka!) and Shibata Aya; that's already half now. In 2015, Sasshi, Jurina, Sayanee, Sakura, (Sae for SNH), Kitarie (for NGT), Milky, Kaori, Shibata Aya; that's already 9 so more than half. In 2016 we had 7 SG members (for which AKB then got an album for having most ranked-in members) and in 2017 we had 12 out of 16 members from a SG.

That means in 2017, the most popular AKB members were
    1. Mayuyu
    2. Yuihan
    3. Naachan
    4. Juri
    5. Miion
    6. Miichan
    7. Renacchi
    I think that's pretty impressive and even if she's only undergirls, she's one of the AKB Kami7. That's incredible tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yumenotobiira

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Twitter:
    nosleeves3
    I wouldn’t consider her a part of senbatsu for SkirtHira, she wasn’t one of the seven, she was with the rest of the 1st hens dancing backup.
    She is popular, that’s for sure, and whilst you are right, she has been in a majority of the singles, she is very rarely in media senbatsu. Since River, she has pretty much always been pushed to one of the sides of the last rows. If I remember correctly, she once expressed that whilst she is happy to be in singles, she felt like she was pushed further and further back from her gen-mates and friends whilst newer girls got the positions in front of her.
    I think the “scariest” thing of recent time was that Ja-Ba-Ja was the first single since AKB48’s debuted where Miichan wasn’t a part of a single song. It feels like management can’t decide what to do with her, she was in media senbatsu for 11gatsu no anklet, but then she is dropped from everything for Jabaja...
    I just hope that no matter what she does, she’ll stay as long as she is happy in the group. I’d love to be able to somehow catch a show at the theatre with her performing when I go to Japan in January!

• Like Like x 1
  18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I kinda agree with bonjourmarlene, Miichan is rather pulling above her 'weight' so to say, she up till recently got regularly picked for singles, even if it was in the back row.
    (the back row part is a pity :/ (just try to spot her in UZA for instance apart from 2 shots with her German army cap) )
    Otoh, she also got to perform with the senbatsu in a whole lot of life performances (as in the cooperation with Genki Sudo and World Order, which was awesome imho :D )

To be honest I can't get a clear view on Miichan's relationship with management, Takahashi, Yuko and Sasshi once in a while mentioned meeting up with Aki-p, I can't remember reading about, apart from Aki-p visiting Miichan's parent's café with some first gens, Miichan interacting with Aki-p.

It's a bit of a conundrum, I don't think Miichan has ever had a dramatic push ... but she still seems to have had a gentle backwind throughout her career anyway.
    (as in having a TV special about her in the election. allowing her to participate in the Mechaike BAKA48 special really soon after her incident, graduating the Kenyuusei to Team 4, making her captain etc. )

I'd like to think she is generally well liked within AKB but I have no idea what, if any, role management sees for her within AKB.
    She could go into management, which I think she might be good at with all her experience, but ... her media presence is too big to discard for that.
    I think she might do great in comedy, as she has a real talent for that, she just would have to team up with someone just as funny and become a female version of ninety-nine or bad boys ;)

Maybe that's Miichan's biggest problem, she's good at so much stuff, dancing, singing, variety ... but on the other hand (apart form variety) she doesn't excel at those (as in being the absolute best in them, or getting recognised for it)

but whatever the future holds, I'll be trying to keep following her
    (and yeah, I'm still a bit bummed I didn't get to see her last august :/)

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I think she was taking a jab at how her antis expect her to give up because she's not getting as much as other girls. "If just one people supports me I will be happy mimimimi", and then "BOOM did you honestly think I would do as you say and settle for a mediocre mindset like that to please you? I'm telling you I want to be back on Senbatsu! I'm not giving up!" She is telling us she is not just complacent, that she wants to thrive and survive because she more than anyone else knows just how hard it is to rise, let alone protect your position.

I read someone once saying that they didn't like Miichan because "she tried too hard" and I felt like it was such a weak reason. You are hating on someone for working hard? What the hell is wrong with someone who has that mentality, why would you want to punish someone who is trying to give their all? Miichan is entitled to have aspirations as well, she works hard, she learns new things, she networks with different kinds of people, she looks for new gigs anywhere she can find them. I can't fathom why is she any different from someone like Jurina or Naachan who want the same thing that she does, and people still allow them to have ambition without telling them they are trying too hard. She's gentle still, her call for attention has mellowed down over the years, she probably felt for some time like she didn't deserve to succeed (maybe she was ready to give up when she said 2016 would be her last SSK only to come back the next year), but she's still there and she refuses to just concede and give out a free spot to someone else just because. She still feels like she has something to prove through Sousenkyo and by everything that is good I will keep supporting her in that endeavor if it's what she wants.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Sorry, I meant it was pretty impressive to be part of so many singles and Skirt Hirari is only a 7nin so the requirements to be chosen for that single were pretty high.

I kind of get the feeling as well that she was made media senbatsu because it was Mayuyu's last single and Miichan and Yukirin are now the only originals left